Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:14:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DO WE NEED TO REGULATE ICOs?  (Read 24704 times)
GREENch

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 03:52:38 PM

How will "we"be able to regulate the ICO? If topic starter has any ideas on how to do this, let him share it and the crypto community discuss it. Otherwise, it's just chatter.
Of course, this is just chatter, I can not imagine who can fully take over the regulation and subjugate the entire cryptocurrency market
Then this topic does not bear any semantic load and in order not to clutter up the section "Altcoin Discussion" it should be removed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Golstrim

Activity: 1456
Merit: 253

Margin Trader

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 04:36:01 PM

I am not sure that regulation is a good option for crypto currency in general.
Crypto is a new paradigm without centralization and any attempt to make it centralized and regulated should fail, because it is opposite to original nature

█▀▀█
██▄█
My Trading View// Trading Community // Cooбщecтвo Tpeйдepoв
█▀▀█
██▄█
whyrqa-1

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 05:30:18 PM

Crypto is a new paradigm without centralization and any attempt to make it centralized and regulated should fail, because it is opposite to original nature
I fully agree with you that the very question of regulating the company's ico market contradicts all the canons of the cryptocurrency world. But we must also take into account the fact that we need to combat fraud in the company's ico market.
YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 06:24:48 PM

Of course, decentralization is the main assumption on which cryptocurrencies were created. However, to limit the amount of ICO fraud is the need to implement solutions that will protect investors from losing money. If there is no regulation to protect investors, even at the expense of decentralization, the future will look unlikely for ICO.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
malekbaba
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 06:35:07 PM

Global lottery market worths billions of dollars. Yet people think about btc. Every stock market shows manipulation. People pump and dump a lot. The lack of authority is the pioneer feature of btc. How come we can control Decentralized network? Uncertainty is another wonderful feature of btc. But aggressove control may cause centralization. On the other hand, scam projects are destroying the whole adoption process. We need to screen out the scam projects and regulation will be needed to control unethical use of crypto
jcmansah7

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 06:46:13 PM

I was one of the guys who didn't like the idea of ICO and crypto regulation in general. The reason is that it interfered with the basic principles under which cryptocurrencies were made but for now, I am for a regulated ICO (STO) because it there are many scam ICOs who are taking the advantage of the mere fact that cryptos are not regulated.

Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 06:56:17 PM

Really quick, ICO needs to be regulated. Lots of atrocities have been made by so some company, project that have no clue and there by collection lot's of money from investors. I believe that, if ICO is regulated all this could be curbed.
caffu chino

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 07:03:19 PM

I think yes, ico should have been set from last year. see because ico is free of many fraudsters who only want to get money from investors.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
DeKingCrypto

Activity: 518
Merit: 124

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 07:35:36 PM

I have a big yes to this question topic, ICOs should be regulated, because the way scammers have turned ICOs into is too much, if there is regulations, most of those nonsense will not happen and anyone running ICO will be extremely care knowing that there are security eyes on them.
oppo070
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 07:51:23 PM

Well i say yes! Currently there are so many projects with similar goals and visions and some of them even don't have the needed capacity and resources to see to the success of the project but yet still competes with the capable funds when funds are being raised. This has also increased the number of scam projects in the cryptospace and this is really tarnishing the image of crypto investment. Let's not forget that if men were angels there would be no need for laws. I am not talking of a Centralized Regulating Body but we can use the concept of masternodes and run a decentralized ICO regulating body. Let's explore all the possible ways of how we can actually curb this menace in the cryptospace.

In any sense, the nature of regulation is very well exhibits a secured and user friendly approach to ensure the benefits of the investors and bounty hunters. It might limit the number of fraudulent ICOS that just makes the market worse, and to turn the tables to a favorable world where ICO's are all good.

gowobonyok

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 02:28:10 PM

we really need regulation from the government so that crypto is recognized as a legitimate asset to be traded. thus, security and comfort in crypto investments will increase.
Msworld83
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 0

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2019, 02:43:54 PM

Many project now has no other way than to be regulate as almost every one want to take advantage of the new technology in getting rid of people in hosting ICO to gather funds with not product and no real used for such project and only try to raise funds from people and disappear to the till air , so that is more reason I think every ico need to be regulate for investors safety.
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 02:44:55 PM

The actual regulation is very important in a project. supervision from a government is a form of security for investors to be able to put their money into the investment. so I say now regulations must be established in all countries where the population has an interest in bitcoin. this is also to protect them

It should also be understood that in this case, quite a large part of investors will not want to invest their money, since they will have to have an intermediary in the form of a state to which they will have to pay.
trash321

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 02:48:13 PM

The regulation is now really very necessary, so I really hope that the regulation will come and it will not be from the government. I hope that all this will definitely be embedded in the cryptocurrency that we have today. This is bound to happen.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 02:54:41 PM

I thunk it's the right time to regulate ICOS to avoid scamms project from the ico's. Regulators is for the safe keeping of all cryptocurrency enthusiasts to protect the interest of each other.

GmBoom

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 02:41:00 AM

Yes we want to have cryptocurrency to be regulated also. Because like in our country, we have a law, In cryptocurrency also has a law. In order to maintain peace on the projects and scam free and away for those scammers.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
chits

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 12:10:58 AM

To prevent a massive influx of fraud in the ICO, clear and strict measures are needed to regulate it on the part of the authorities. Developers must be accountable to investors.
fosco333

Activity: 1260

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 03:40:42 PM

Well i say yes! Currently there are so many projects with similar goals and visions and some of them even don't have the needed capacity and resources to see to the success of the project but yet still competes with the capable funds when funds are being raised. This has also increased the number of scam projects in the cryptospace and this is really tarnishing the image of crypto investment. Let's not forget that if men were angels there would be no need for laws. I am not talking of a Centralized Regulating Body but we can use the concept of masternodes and run a decentralized ICO regulating body. Let's explore all the possible ways of how we can actually curb this menace in the cryptospace.

Maybe some regulations about ICO will be needed to ensure the investor's funds are safe in the ICO company hand.
Too many scam projects in ICO which already bring trust damage to the investors of cryptocurrency. Regulations will prevent more scam projects i guess.

soramon

Activity: 983

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 03:48:37 PM

Yes i like the idea about regulation for ico. There will be many benefit if ICO have a regulation. Like, investor will trust and spend their money on it. The number of scammer will decrease, and as bounty hunter will guarantee to be pay from company.

giletto

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 03:51:44 PM

Yes i like the idea about regulation for ico. There will be many benefit if ICO have a regulation. Like, investor will trust and spend their money on it. The number of scammer will decrease, and as bounty hunter will guarantee to be pay from company.
STO will solve all these problems and stop the ICO scam, and the fact shows that there are currently many ICO scam running because they still have not applied STO to their project

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                ██████████████        █████
             █████████████        ████████████
         ██████████████        █████████████
      █████████████        █████████████       ██████
      ██████████        ████████████           ██████
      ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
      ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
      ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
      █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
      █████████████       █████████████        ██████
      ██████████       █████████████           ██████
      ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
      ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
      ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
      ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
      ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
      ██████           █████████████       ██████████
      ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                █████████████       █████████████
             ████████████        █████████████
                 ████         ████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: