Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:15:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DO WE NEED TO REGULATE ICOs?  (Read 24704 times)
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 07:01:48 AM

I think at this point yes. Most of the ICOs are not anonymous anyway and that regulating it would have an effect in the space. Of course there will be some negative effects on it because tokens are meant to be decentralized and anonymous, but it's not the case here anymore. Investors are all about money money money.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arkawa040

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 07:11:20 AM

all over the world there was and always will be fraud and the world of blockchain and cryptocurrency is no exception, if there are systems that will control this process, where guarantees that they can not be bribed, they will also put estimates for money, and projects will produce fraud, you need to learn to distinguish a good ICO project from a bad one.
yakushev

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 07:17:00 AM

Well i say yes! Currently there are so many projects with similar goals and visions and some of them even don't have the needed capacity and resources to see to the success of the project but yet still competes with the capable funds when funds are being raised. This has also increased the number of scam projects in the cryptospace and this is really tarnishing the image of crypto investment. Let's not forget that if men were angels there would be no need for laws. I am not talking of a Centralized Regulating Body but we can use the concept of masternodes and run a decentralized ICO regulating body. Let's explore all the possible ways of how we can actually curb this menace in the cryptospace.
It's very simple, to make certain conditions for entry and the minimum contribution, which will then be returned during the development and impact of the project. And in terms of the conditions let's say the finished product and not excessive requirements for both soft and hard covers.

aziziasa

Activity: 316
Merit: 1

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 08:01:28 AM

I think we will need ICO arrangements because there are many fake projects and fraudulent projects. A team must be made to examine various aspects. If the team has been created and is running, of course, you will make it easier for participants or Bounty investors to look for promising ICO projects.

━  ━━  ━━━     colletrix     ━━━  ━━  ━
Revolutionizing the IP Industry via Tokenization
━      [ I E O June 2019 ]      ━
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 08:14:42 AM

regulating ICOs can prevent this scam. there are a lot of scam ICOs today that gives bad reputation to crypto. if they can be regulated it would be a good move.
thaliaand

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 08:24:48 AM

It's very simple, to make certain conditions for entry and the minimum contribution, which will then be returned during the development and impact of the project. And in terms of the conditions let's say the finished product and not excessive requirements for both soft and hard covers.
It sounds similar to DAICO. And I think, this system is good to implement.

Well i say yes! Currently there are so many projects with similar goals and visions and some of them even don't have the needed capacity and resources to see to the success of the project but yet still competes with the capable funds when funds are being raised. This has also increased the number of scam projects in the cryptospace and this is really tarnishing the image of crypto investment. Let's not forget that if men were angels there would be no need for laws. I am not talking of a Centralized Regulating Body but we can use the concept of masternodes and run a decentralized ICO regulating body. Let's explore all the possible ways of how we can actually curb this menace in the cryptospace.
Regarding regulation for ICO, I think it is necessary. One example of what must be regulated is that ICO organizers must register themselves or their teams in an ICO regulatory institution such as the SEC. Thus, ICO organizers have responsibility for the funds collected against investors legally. Even with this option, the possibility of ICO organizers committing fraud can still occur, but at least it can reduce it.         
KOF97

Activity: 359

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 08:28:29 AM

I think this is very necessary, because the ICO market is deteriorating due to the increase in scams, and these fraudsters have seriously affected the development of the market.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
none of us
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 08:28:37 AM

if regulation is the only means to displace the scam icos, then yes. but maybe there are other ways to make this possible without regulation. i have read about reverse ico and that could solve the problem perhaps, without regulation.
dentolas

Activity: 854
Merit: 12

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 08:47:33 AM

how will you regulate ICOs in an effective way? without centralizing everything? Although I fully agree that ICOs are a total chaos and 99.9% are just an opportunity used by people who want to get rich fast, meaning devs and investors... people need to be responsible by their own decisions and if they do not study enough of their investment to begin with, they are only deserving to be scammed or mislead... all this starts with the people that give money to ICOs... these should become more demanding and inteligent... and the ton of fakes and failures will stop to get funded ...

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 09:59:32 AM

I agree that ICO needed to be regulated.  There are lots of exploiters, scammers, and fraud company that will take advantage of a non-regulated system. Angels even have rules and laws, they are even strictly regulated because it needs only 1 mistake to kick them out of their status.  We need to recover investors trust in this cryptospace else we will see the cryptomarket being barren.
valenow
Copper Member

Activity: 118

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 11:02:22 AM

ICOs should be regulated.
Not only most of them look like scam,but also there are good ones, but regulation is required to happen!

S.E.D.O.
Document management system based on blockchain
WHITEPAPER | ANN | WEB | DISCORD | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | TELEGRAM
|
el_lobo
Copper Member

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 12:39:26 PM

If the ico market is to survive, we need regulation.
Not only i think that and that is why it is the right way
If there is no regulation in 2019, the ico market will die.
rommelo24
Copper Member

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 12:52:23 PM

ICO's should be regulated in order to eliminate scammers and fake projects which causes bad reputations. There should be a registry to all ICO's so that we can say that it is legit.
Cianix

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 01:00:36 PM

Of course we need people or programs that will check the documents and the project itself that administrators provide to people , as I think all have a right to know the admins and their documents

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
matteoricci

Activity: 52

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 01:12:18 PM

100%! some have abused the market.  the noble intention was marred because of weak icos and faux icos.
Mysteryla

Activity: 420
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 03:57:24 PM

Any project that has nothing unique to offer, should be discarded. It's just that, even if this is said times without number, some people will still fall victim of their scheme, because they will so much paint the project in such a way that, it will be hard to distinguish them from genuine ones.
This is one of the reasons we need regulation. So that generally, investors will be project not minding their level of experience.
Erzinnum

Activity: 364
Merit: 37

PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 04:38:08 PM

Ofcourse we need it, and we need it as fast as possible, because this sphere develops quickly. Prjoects should be responsible for their dids and for the investors money

joletartare

Activity: 672
Merit: 22

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 04:54:20 PM

I can't imagine Cryptosphere accepting regulations... I think we have to imagine another way to make ICOs safer.
Maybe there a complete field to explore for ICO checker's teams.
mrkavasaki

Activity: 888
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 06:29:10 PM

Of course we need people or programs that will check the documents and the project itself that administrators provide to people , as I think all have a right to know the admins and their documents

I have always thought of independent organizations to test the quality of projects. Unlike current ICO rating sites, they give a very unjustified rating, as ICOrating is one of the worst websites to choose to consider a good project.
valek.bruno

Activity: 728
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 06:11:54 PM

It looks like the ICO has reached a level where investors have completely lost interest in investing. It is possible that the regulation will not be needed in the coming months.
This is a fact that most people recognize today. Surely, we can only say that today people would like to invest only they are simply afraid that something can happen. We are waiting for new events that will be able to change the market.
Most of those who invest before already losses their trust as how the market showing right now, we do need more assurance to avoid being victimized by those scammers who's haunting around, this regulations might help if being implemented very well and if the project is for real surely they won't be bothered just in case this will happen.
You have correctly identified the problem. Today, our problem is scam projects, there are a lot of them today, and it is they who today discourage all desire to invest in projects that we like, because these projects can be scam projects.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: