Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 02:46:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should ICOs be regulated  (Read 24153 times)
BitTraderCute

Activity: 899
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 10:25:02 AM

It is the only possible method of how to keep a lot of investors in out industry, because if the ICOs are not going to be regulated, we will lose a huge amount of people, because nowadays there are too much fraud projects.
fraud potency from ico projects very high,so if regulator issued policy about ico regulation its better for investor.their money become more safe and there is no any more fake ico and fake dev.
Prettymie

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 10:36:46 AM

Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?
You have the point mate, we need protection on the investors but who will lead the team to do the job as this technology has no sanction with the government? I'm hoping for the realization of your idea as this could improve to a better cryptoworld.
meldrio1

Activity: 1358

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 10:50:08 AM

Of course I agree that ICO's should be regulated so many scam ICO's these days and one of the reason why the market is so much down.

travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 11:04:42 AM

I suppose now this is one of the possible ways to restore investor confidence. However, no project has yet succeeded in creating a convenient and fair platform for regulating ICO that meets international standards.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
Smon

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 11:15:41 AM

If everyone agrees for these ICOs to be regulated.
The effect would also take place with bounty hunters.
They will require KYC in that case if the regulation starts.

Addition, I would like the ICO to add more components to the proposed projects, deleting non-native, fake and fraud projects that it detects. This makes the ICO one step further, so that the scams do not focus here, which is what I care most about the adjustment Roll Eyes.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
mastersay

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2018, 03:22:18 AM

It is the best idea for ico's to be regulated. But not all countries are supporting for this cause. And some of the teams are made up of professional scanmers pretending to be true but all is lie. I will surely agree if this happens to the future that all ico's are regulated.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
andra73

Activity: 430

terra-credit.com

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 03:25:47 AM

It is the best idea for ico's to be regulated. But not all countries are supporting for this cause. And some of the teams are made up of professional scanmers pretending to be true but all is lie. I will surely agree if this happens to the future that all ico's are regulated.
some countries have already set up the regulation pertaining to the implementation of the ico, but that does not apply in some countries. many who do fake, with the ico rules surely ico will be getting a little bit but it could make the ico who are really qualified and not deceptive.

► TerraCredit ◄ ♦ TerraCredit - An Effective Alternative To Cash Since 2018 ♦ ► TerraCredit ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂| ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
none of us
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 03:28:29 AM

without regulation or change, the ico market will not survive much longer. something has to be done against the scam ico, or they drive out all the investors. that is why i think 2019 will change a lot. either the ico market dies or there is a regulation.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 03:38:50 AM

Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?
How much of the money you invest in ICO's are you prepared to see go into this investor protection fund rather than the project you are buying into? 90%? Because the simple fact is that you are investing in startups and 90% of them will eventually fail even if all the people involved act perfectly honestly. If you are not willing to accept high levels of risk you should not be investing in ICO's.

Omela44
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 04:35:18 AM

Yes, icos need regulation. I am firmly convinced of that, because without regulation, the ico market will go under. Now you can already notice that the ico market is slowing down.  Sad
Andruha1993

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2018, 08:01:07 AM

I agree with you. It would be very cool when the ICOs are regulated, there will be no scammers and bounty hunters and investors could earn a good crypto.
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 08:07:27 AM

I agree with you. It would be very cool when the ICOs are regulated, there will be no scammers and bounty hunters and investors could earn a good crypto.
Judging from the way things are going and with the way things have been, it is pretty much possible to see the ICO market being regulated eventually. The truth is that we need it, at least so far, humans have shown that they basically cannot even handle themselves, and when given an easy hand, the chances of some evil doers trying to take advantage of that will always be there. The thing that brings maturity and sanity to any space is regulation, so in a way, I believe we will end up seeing that eventually.
LickKing

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 09:00:40 AM

Although regulation violates cryptocurrency, ICO regulation is the only opportunity to save ICO. At present, ICO faces many risks. No investor is willing to invest in ICO projects, and the regulated ICO may usher in a new round of market explosion.

BitcoinCazh

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 09:30:10 AM

the weakness in the cryptocurrency is no have rules/regulation from goverment, this make have so many scam in icos project, so from this problem we must to know to find good icos, because scam is risk invest/for bounty hunters
Menawi12

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 10:01:06 AM

I am agree that ICOs should be regulated by government. Right now many scam ICOs and they just run with investor money without responsibility. With government regulation, i am believe developers team will think twice before they scamming people

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
syarifbitcoinishack

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2018, 11:14:31 AM

The current ICO problem is not only about scam platform but also about guarantee profit returns to investors. Because there are many ICO that promise profits from the growth in the value of their tokens in the market, but in fact after the ICO is ends and listed in exchange this cannot be held accountable. So even though ICO will be regulated, I think there is no point if the ICO cannot provide profit to early investors.
yurez

Activity: 2520
Merit: 711

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 12:02:17 PM

ICO control is necessary, otherwise soon no one will invest in ICO and this will put a lot of pressure on the development of the entire crypto industry.
last7minutes

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 05:15:10 PM

If ICO will start to regulate then indeed investors will be insulated from fraudsters. But on the other hand this will contradict anonymity which is the main advantage of crypto.  Sad
dabenko

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 09:23:01 PM

Regulation is what is needed at this time. Although, scammers won't like it, because they know that it will expose their scheme and they won't be able to cheat people as they used to.
Malamok101

Activity: 868

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 04:53:53 PM

Good advice as now many of ico's already verified legit and lot of them being scam after they took the money away if they don't reach the minimum amount they need like softcap and hardcap.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: