Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:53:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should ICOs be regulated  (Read 24152 times)
pelumi20

Activity: 712
Merit: 15

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 05:24:17 PM

I personally think cryptocurrency in general (not ICOs alone) needs to be regulated in order for it to move forward, because the rate of scam in crypto is very alarming which is scaring most investors away (because nobody wants to get scammed). So we need some regulations

The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pedpedped101

Activity: 552
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 07:44:00 PM

Regulating ICO is like centralizing what is meant to be decentralized, which I think cannot happen.
Even if the government try to regulate cryptocurrency, it will not still totally work.
Whenever anyone want to invest in cryptocurrency, either ICO or already lusted coin,it is expedient that research is first done.
I think there should be a way in which whoever is coming newly into the crypto space, be trained on how to identify genuine project, alongside other rudiments.
cryptowolfsu

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 11:58:59 PM

ICOs should be regulated to make the ICO market more secure for investing. The other reason is that
institutional investors will enter the market only on a regulated market and that would give a huge boost
to crypto space. It does not mean that the market should be over regulated just to have a global solution
to make the market investor friendly.

givary

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 12:05:28 AM

A regulation must be needed to audit all ICO projects. Already many investors and bounty hunters have suffered losses due to fraud in the ICO project. And if this rule exists, of course, that will help everyone. And there will be more investors who believe in the ICO.
ansarose1

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 12:26:48 AM

I think there should be here regulations for ico's and bounty projects, because in the part of investors and bounty hunters they are opposite in ideas, bounty hunters now are waiting to receive their rewards and ita favorable for ico's and investora to not the prices to down since they think that bounty hunters just dump the price.
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2019, 12:34:20 AM

indeed a regulation is needed to minimize scammers. but have we ever thought of another impact? for example with the existence of regulation, the reward that we get will be reduced? Because of what? because when I get a regulation, the regulator must ask for a few percent of the funds obtained as a guarantee.

in your opinion, which one is more comfortable?
Tukang Becak

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 01:06:52 AM

I think there should be here regulations for ico's and bounty projects, because in the part of investors and bounty hunters they are opposite in ideas, bounty hunters now are waiting to receive their rewards and ita favorable for ico's and investora to not the prices to down since they think that bounty hunters just dump the price.

Many ICO cases that turned out to be a scam that made us have to learn, it was time for us to make strict regulations so investors would want to put their money in crypto, if there is no regulation, I am sure this year the market will also be red.
akeda

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 01:40:25 AM

It will indeed be better if there is a law governing ICO which is one of the objectives so that investors who will be involved in Iico are more trustworthy to become investors of a particular project, last year many ico were stagnant or stuck on the road, with regulations on I hope that everything will go better and directed

Newtl

Activity: 77

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2019, 02:11:14 AM
Merited by Pmalek (1)

I think the bad thing about those ICO´s are that they a major reason why People leave with lost money and believe into Crypto.

And now we begin to see the "New" Token Platforms which are establishing to catch up the previous ICO/Token hype again to cash out like in the last Bullrun the ICO´s did... the people who are losing are the new/normal ones trusting the Biggest Advertiser.

Ask yourself: Do you Really Trust the one which get´s paid to say so?

-"-         Think the Prices/Volume is not Only One Group/Person Manipulating it?

-"-         Talk to different Persons when you chat on Forums, Blog´s etc ?

LTZ-LitecoinZ-Designed For The Future
Discord: https://discord.gg/QNcS4Pm
Official Website: https://litecoinz.org/
NaXxow
Legendary

Activity: 1085
Merit: 1000

ALT Add: APfc4bykKHxYSVkvzsLdQvmiTXvTgMiCRM

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 02:24:39 AM

Initial coin offering has been semi-regulated already. Countries like US, China, Australia and Singapore are doing very regulated laws regarding ICOs ban and stuffs like that. The good thing about it is, they are protecting the peoples money in a scam investments.

██
         ████
        ██████
       ████████
      ██████████
     █████  █████
    █████    █████
   █████      █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄   █████        █████
 ████████████▄  █████      █████
██████████████▄  █████    █████
                  █████  █████
                   ██████████
                    ████████
                     ██████
                      ████
                       ██
Azbit▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...BLOCKCHAIN INVESTING BANKING.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ●
  █
  █
  █
  █

███
███

█
  █
  █
  █
ROGER VER
ADVISOR
  █
  █
  █
  █

███
███

█
  █
  █
  █
WHITEPAPER
● ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ●
Bounty Thread

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀▀███▄
▄███████████▀▀▀      ████▄
██████▀▀▀       ▄    █████
███▄         ▄█▀    ██████
██████▄    ▄█▀      ██████
█████████▄█▀       ███████
▀██████████  ▄     ██████▀
▀█████████ ███▄  ██████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄█████████▀     ███████▄
▄██████████   ███████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▀▀██████████
█████████       ██████████
███████████   ████████████
███████████   ████████████
▀██████████   ███████████▀
▀█████████   ██████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████ ▀███████     ▀▄███▄
██████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄█████
███████              █████
████████             █████
█████████▄          ██████
▀████████▀        ▄██████▀
▀███▀▀        ▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
wewe123

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 03:01:12 AM

Many ICO cases that turned out to be a scam that made us have to learn, it was time for us to make strict regulations so investors would want to put their money in crypto, if there is no regulation, I am sure this year the market will also be red.
i think yes, we need regulation to controll each ico projects.so far in cryptocurrency market all projects run without any rule that controll them.so its being very risky when they scamm us.
No members of the cryptocurrency will say no about regulations of ICO , because it is very important now that it should be regulated to prevent more scam victims ,this could help the cryptocurrency projects be more reliable,  if the ICOs are properly regulated before it is launched  and promoted then it will be very good.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
nonbody

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 03:43:37 AM

Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?
This proposal is very good, but it is difficult to implement such a regulatory mechanism. Usually bounty hunters have a hard time judging whether an ICO project is a scam.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

2local
Sustainability and Prosperity.
Pre sale is going on
...J O I N...
...Whitepaper...
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌

I   E   O IN Livecoin.net  Probit  P2pPb2b from 11/02/2020
2local Sale
TheReverend

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 03:56:05 AM

it can be done but it will be a little difficult because it may have to use the cost to select it, yes the number of ico will indeed decrease because those who cheat must go through the process, but this is also a bit uncomfortable for those who don't like it too much
Malamok101

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 08:59:51 AM

So many ICO's gets scammed so its regulated also with anonymous peoples also but it's up to you to pick for your goods because all of us here in the forum is anonymous peoples so its also regulated by any users to run a ICO anytime.

thaliaand

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 09:09:53 AM

I agree. ICO needs to be regulated to prevent fraud. With the registration of the company and team members from the project that is hosting the ICO, I am sure fraud at ICO will decrease. But what kind of institution is appropriate and suitable to be an ICO regulator, this will be another topic of discussion.
memecoin

Activity: 308

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 09:21:30 AM

Of course, I know that many people do not want to hear about regulations, but this free market is more and more dangerous for investors, more and more scams are created to get quick money. Is that right?

That's right, it will continue to happen and there will be no way to stop, especially right now. Keeping up with new things, leading to newer scams to usurp money. We only have to avoid them, so as not to be marginalized or lost money by them  Roll Eyes

Am I spamming? Report me!
treatWy

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 09:23:17 AM

ICOs should be regulated to prevent such harmful ones to enter.
Only the legit ICOs are allowed to come and do business in this forum.
It is not impossible to happen but the implementation looks like impossible.
There are more changes to adjust and to fix in order to execute this matter perfectly as much as possible.

▬▬ ●   P A R Q   ● ▬▬ A GREEN, SMART AND CONNECTED CITY PLATFORM
● ▬▬▬▬▬  ●  ▬▬▬ ● https://www.parqtoken.com ● ▬▬▬  ●  ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
dmcx

Activity: 348

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 09:25:27 AM

I personally think cryptocurrency in general (not ICOs alone) needs to be regulated in order for it to move forward, because the rate of scam in crypto is very alarming which is scaring most investors away (because nobody wants to get scammed). So we need some regulations

The rule is set aside for scammers and we do not need to do so, knowing that loss but right now is not the right time to set rules for ICO, it will be very chaotic . The most important thing to avoid is to avoid scams, until it's stable  Roll Eyes Cool

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
dhiraj0977

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2019, 09:42:54 AM

I do not think it will be regulated.  Who will regulate ICOs, nobody control cryptocurrency, so who will control ICOs, who will put restrictions, that's why scams rates are increases in ICOs.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
likit123

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 11:00:45 AM

Any measures against fraud will benefit the cryptocurrency community, whether investors or bounty hunters. Control and levers of influence on ico are necessary, because investments have always been associated with risk, but now these risks have become intolerable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: