Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:20:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should ICOs be regulated  (Read 24159 times)
dicaprio

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 03:31:00 PM

It seems to me that rich people who take part in the stock market and those people who today represent the interests of banks want to understand that cryptocurrency is safe, for this we need regulation.
clipto

Activity: 311
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 04:34:40 PM

I think it would be necessary on some points, because we need to find a way to support crypto investors and to protect them from different fraud projects. I hope we would finally find a solution and make the crypto industry a much safer place for investors.
TrevorS

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 04:46:45 PM

It seems to me that rich people who take part in the stock market and those people who today represent the interests of banks want to understand that cryptocurrency is safe, for this we need regulation.

Regulation should attract a lot more large investors than we have in the market now. Everyone is afraid of instability and unpredictability of the market, but even more everyone is afraid of manipulation and fraud in the market, this is what we have to get rid of.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
arkawa040

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 04:52:44 PM

each risk must be paid, and the money that goes to collect ICO IS very SOLID, what you say will create something similar to the insurance company because of which the price of the token increases by 50%, it can be tried, but what prevents scammers from disappearing immediately and after the listing, here you bought the coins, then the price fell We have to learn how to distinguish fraud from real projects.
yakushev

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 07:23:05 PM

each risk must be paid, and the money that goes to collect ICO IS very SOLID, what you say will create something similar to the insurance company because of which the price of the token increases by 50%, it can be tried, but what prevents scammers from disappearing immediately and after the listing, here you bought the coins, then the price fell We have to learn how to distinguish fraud from real projects.
Time goes by, and people do not learn anything and still carry money to scammers, since they themselves can not distinguish a good project from a fraudulent one, then they need help from some organization that will regulate

Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 07:48:06 PM

Not just ICO alone should be regulated.
Crypto at large should be regulated.
ICO should be regulated in that it will create an avenue for all investors to have a very save invest into any project not just to invest and the company will disappear after the end of the sale of ICO.
elcoblast

Activity: 390

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 07:58:05 PM

ico campaign is needed some regulation, and requires an institution / organization that is able to regulate and provide policies regarding an ico campaign so that investors are safer in investing their money in ico

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 08:02:56 PM

You have a point but this suggestion is easy to say but very difficult to implement. Since crypto people really want their anonymity regarding their identity and wealth. I think we should impose this on the project team who will create the ICO Campaign. This process is just to ensure that the project is legit and not a scam project.
Inu.Guren

Activity: 379

homt.net

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 08:06:56 PM

We are regulators for ourselves. We need to study the project well in order not to get caught by scammers. ICO regulation has its disadvantages. But maybe in time it will be possible.
yes, investor is a regulator for theirself when they want investing in ico campaign means he was ready to take the risk, but we still need regulator for ico campaign

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
UniversityCoin

Activity: 714
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 08:23:47 PM

I think that ICO regulation is a good idea to avoid creating fraudulent projects.
The only question that remains is who will play the role of this regulator? I have no idea about this.

And is it possible that the regulator will have too much influence on the cryptocurrency market?
allmight_

Activity: 152

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 08:28:01 PM

Yes, ICO should be regulated because there are many scams happen through ICO's and people lose their money. If this market goes regulated then it is not easy for anyone to scam people.
Ico is really very dangerous for investors. I'm not sure, but I think that soon the ICO will cease to exist. However, cryptocurrency regulation is necessary in full, not just for ICO.
Huntler1993

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 09:36:04 PM

Yeah i think the number of scam project out there has really increased and it seems everybody is using the digital platform to dupe others to make their wealth. something has to be done about it and SEC should be up to their task.
Jamalzzz

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 09:46:29 PM

There should be an organization formed to audit new and ongoing ICOs. They check and if there are things that are not in accordance with the regulations they can give a warning. And this will greatly help bounty hunters and investors.
senyorito123

Activity: 1764
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 09:48:47 PM

Regulation should attract a lot more large investors than we have in the market now. Everyone is afraid of instability and unpredictability of the market, but even more everyone is afraid of manipulation and fraud in the market, this is what we have to get rid of.

Because of regulation more people gain lots of confidence to participate with the project goals, according with promising road map stated on the project white paper. Market fraud is the threat of the project, it cannot provide any benefits for the ICO. Some of those investors will just use their money for laundering and other illegal money used for devious activities particular on deepweb.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Kiefner

Activity: 921

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 09:56:49 PM

I think a regulator for ICO is necessary. ICO regulation is the only thing that can overcome such a large number of fraud.

●   TOP EXCHANGE IEO   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
seggardinggins

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 10:07:43 PM

The increasing number of ICO frauds is very disturbing and unfair for us bounty hunters who risk our time and money for useless projects but we only benefit one party without getting results. I can't do anything but avoid it.
Barinerro

Activity: 182

Justice as a Service Infrastructure

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 10:18:31 PM

I think a regulator for ICO is necessary. ICO regulation is the only thing that can overcome such a large number of fraud.
Of course , not always the regulation is good , but for the ico I think the adjustment will only go to the best, because the project team will be in sight and in case of what will be responsible for it !

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
Quintrix

Activity: 259
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 10:21:04 PM

Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?

I thought rating sites can help us figure out how to spot a scam but even them they can't do it, so we need a regulation that will approve these coming ICO I don't how is it going to be possible, but we really need to set up one for investors to regain their confidence investing in ICO.

RokOrids

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 10:48:24 PM

We are striving for decentralization, but at the same time we want the regulator to protect us. It causes a little dissonance.  Roll Eyes
It seems to me that the core of the regulation system should be the cryptocurrency community and not the state organizations. As a guarantor, there may be services that will unite communities, and there may be many of them, but all together they make up the system of regulation.
The guarantor would fulfill the role of the curator of ICOs, and only if problems arise would the case be transferred to the state structures.
Of course, the description is not very complete,  Smiley I know that there will be many questions for implementation, but I think the basis of the idea is more or less clear.
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 10:53:22 PM

Right from the onset, there supposed to have been a body that foresees the activities of ICOs.
Although, there might still have been some lapses, but it will be to the barest minimum.
Regulating ICOs is what is most needed, because of the increased number scam projects.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: