Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 04:04:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should ICOs be regulated  (Read 24153 times)
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1221

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 01:14:22 PM

Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?
Yes and yes! I am all in for the regulation of ICOs. I have lost a great deal of cash through scammers masquerading as project developers. It's really disheartening that these scumbags are let loose on unsuspecting public. It's time to end all that fraud. Let the regulation come.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Suwycu

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

FABA-BREAK THROUGH IN VENTURE CAPITAL MARKET

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 01:17:33 PM

I think that even regulators will not be able to solve the problem with fraudulent ICO, most likely they will also interfere with normal projects!

█ ▌   FABA  |  https://vc.fabainvest.com/   ▐ █   ICO-sale has started⚫══ POWERFUL THOUGHT AND STRONG FAITH CAN DO ANYTHING ══⚫
AB de Royse777
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3946

Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2019, 01:21:26 PM

Of course it should be but the question is by who? Who will be the regulatory? The yellow media, the centralised government, the corporate world or who?

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Abal Abal

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2019, 01:52:44 PM

By seeing the high level of ICO scam, I feel that the rules and regulations in implementing the Program need to be regulated. if the regulation is difficult to enforce, it would be good if the people in this forum could be made the third person in the ICO program.

LordShanken

Activity: 1112
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 01:58:19 PM

By seeing the high level of ICO scam, I feel that the rules and regulations in implementing the Program need to be regulated. if the regulation is difficult to enforce, it would be good if the people in this forum could be made the third person in the ICO program.

Regulations are needed mainly to protect investors and punish criminals. Now, it's enough for someone to create an anonymous website, post there an idea, and people send money to him. It can not be like that! The project must be registered for a specific person to be able to bear responsibility in the event of fraud.
Broiler78
Copper Member

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 02:32:10 PM

I think ICO must have more specific regulations. like having to go through accurate data data. there must be an examination in each ICO team. The ICO will develop if regulations are clearer and safer.

✦✦✦✦ Refine Medium
✦✦✦✦
◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ BUY TOKEN !!! Join ICO
◆ ◆ ◆ ◆
✓ ──────── Whitepaper
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
Linkedin ──────── ✓
takngantuk

Activity: 1024

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2019, 02:53:07 PM

ico is difficult to regulate, which can regulate only financial institutions in their respective countries. rather than a regulation it is better to make an independent institution to analyze and learn all things related to the project. starting from teams, companies, and concepts. this is more realistic than encouraging ICO regulation.
pundit

Activity: 868
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 03:05:18 PM

Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?

I agree to this point of regulating ICOs as many scams are happening these days resulting investors are making distance from ICOs and more the pf the projects are not able to reach hard cap. There should definitely be some regulation to control this all but problem is its a bit difficult to make it working in P2P or decentralize network, still I think there must be some way. If such regulation comes in to existence crypto market capitalization will surely be increased.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 03:31:26 PM

Yes, they should be regulated. Because all ICO's are securities offers. Nobody buy a token/coin to use it in network/app (to use it claimed utility functions)

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
prasad87

Activity: 242
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 03:35:25 PM

Of course they should be regulated. By the MARKET.
Don't send money to scammers, it's that simple.
You don't need government to prevent you from donating to scammers, this is just embarrassing.

Borderless trading with the Jarvis Exchanges.
Buy Apple stocks with Bitcoin. Jarvis.exchange (http://Jarvis.exchange)
Galantin

Activity: 602
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 03:39:55 PM

Responsibility for breaking the rules is for sure. Scammers must be punished. This will help the cryptocurrency to recover its price. If you tighten control over projects.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
GREENch

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 03:52:06 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2019, 02:38:27 PM by GREENch

if there are rules for ico to take place, I think it will be good, it doesn't matter when it's done it will cause ico to decrease, but what's better is that all existing ico are of good quality.
The sooner you get introduced regulation in the sphere of ICO the faster it will cleanse itself of projects of questionable quality.
cryptomaster420

Activity: 256
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 03:56:43 PM

Responsibility for breaking the rules is for sure. Scammers must be punished. This will help the cryptocurrency to recover its price. If you tighten control over projects.
Scams are already illegal though. OP is asking about further regulation and it's seriously depressing how many people actually want MORE government intervention in ICO-s.
Governments have already failed to catch scammers, the only thing they'd do when you increase regulation is getting in the way of good projects, you should be heavily against that.

Escf4

Activity: 364
Merit: 3

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 12:12:52 AM

Scams are already illegal though. OP is asking about further regulation and it's seriously depressing how many people actually want MORE government intervention in ICO-s.
Governments have already failed to catch scammers, the only thing they'd do when you increase regulation is getting in the way of good projects, you should be heavily against that.
I will be agreeing in the proper regulations of ICOs because there are really people who are abuser and brought ICOs to launching only to give scams to peoe customers and investors , it if this regulation of ICOs will be implemented  ,then scams and fraudulent projects might be minimized and cryptocurrency will be protected from this scam people, ridind the popularity of bitcoin and cryptos.

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
goldexp83

Activity: 225
Merit: 10

quarkchain.io

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 04:57:42 AM

Absolutely need some regulation, many peeps lost money last year by greed and scams.

ICOs have been the most democratic way to raise capital since we ever seen in human history, we can’t simply let it die

We just need better regulation for investors and projects, like win win situations, so far investor are getting recked more

Newtl

Activity: 77

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2019, 08:41:41 AM

ICO regulation is a very controversial issue. Many different opinions have already been expressed on this score, and often these opinions are radically opposed. Some people believe that regulation is not necessary because it contradicts the basic principles of freedom and anonymity. Others believe that regulation is necessary because only in this way can we avoid a large number of fraudsters. I think that this should be the golden mean.

i would see "freedom and anonymity" not necessary in the case of ICO´s. ( may there are a hand full which would need it )

Anyway.... it´s more of a threat than a good from Exchanges then to have token´s without any kind of register or control .

The idea of token´s is not a bad one and has many good sides ( a few ICO´s have shown this )
but i think it should stop to have them as a "Cryptocurrency" which is listed on Exchanges and wants to be a Ecosystem.

Just let it be a Token and nothing else.

LTZ-LitecoinZ-Designed For The Future
Discord: https://discord.gg/QNcS4Pm
Official Website: https://litecoinz.org/
papagravel

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 07:28:17 PM

For the regulator, I would choose the American SEC. In addition, it is already trying to restore order on cryptocurrency exchanges in the United States.
I think it would be a good option to regulate the conduct of ICO.

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
ajdaj

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 08:14:50 PM

For the regulator, I would choose the American SEC. In addition, it is already trying to restore order on cryptocurrency exchanges in the United States.
I think it would be a good option to regulate the conduct of ICO.
You some news media appears where American courts are already starting litigation against certain companies. This is caused by statements by me to an investor who wants to protect his funds. This is quite a weighty argument for the company's ico market in support of it.
BCTS

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 11:49:03 PM

I think that ICO regulation is necessary first of all, because at the moment there are too many fraudulent projects and they do not become less. I hope that with this dive most of these projects will die out.

Whitepaper     E M R X Token   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
  [ telegram    facebook    TWITTER ]         New Digital Economy
Newtl

Activity: 77

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2019, 03:26:05 AM

People get/where arrested for there Lies and this will be the real wash out for a Great Economy and Progress as a Complete Crypto Community.

LTZ-LitecoinZ-Designed For The Future
Discord: https://discord.gg/QNcS4Pm
Official Website: https://litecoinz.org/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: