Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:22:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should ICOs be regulated  (Read 24153 times)
ajdar.muxin.79

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 01:34:06 PM

I do not think that this will be a good idea for the crypto market in general. If we would regulate ICOs, we would regulate crypto currencies and this is not their aim. I would prefer to stay anonymous rather than to let the third party to get into this market.
likit123

Activity: 434
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 04:05:50 PM

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?

Now there is a lot of discussion about how to regulate ICO, but so far no universal measures have been taken. The ICO remains an excellent territory for scammers, which is certainly sad. If this continues, the situation will scare off investors, in which case the whole community will suffer.
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 05:21:22 PM

I think there is no urgent need for regulation, provided that someone will act as a guarantor for the admission of ICO projects to investors. In this case, investors will be relatively insured against cheating.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 05:26:08 PM

I strongly agree that later on ico will indeed be regulated because indeed at this time there must be a change in the ico system which is currently very detrimental, so indeed there must be a change

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
SixFigures

Activity: 798
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 11:26:22 PM

I strongly agree that later on ico will indeed be regulated because indeed at this time there must be a change in the ico system which is currently very detrimental, so indeed there must be a change

There will be a change if it keeps going like this and it is beneficial for all of us. If people can't fulfill the requirements to hold a token sale they shouldn't be allowed to do it.

JefLiber

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 12:00:06 AM

The sphere of ICO investment will degrade without significant changes in the field of security for investors, already now it is very noticeable, the outflow of money is not small and there are too many bad projects

setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 12:39:15 AM

In fact ICOs now are nearly dead already, so the situation will be even worse then. But it is a good filter for ICO projects and ideas. Many good and strong ICOs are venture projects in fact that use crypto to collect funds.

Many good ICOs can reach the target and i dont think ICOs already dead. Its true many scam ICOs last year and i think government regulation needed for ICOs because its involve peoples money from all around the world
cchub

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

Migranet ITO

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 01:07:29 AM

Not really. I think the investors will eventually learn how to invest in ICOs. No need for regulations.

❉❉❉ Migranet ❉❉❉  [MIGRATION。SIMPLIFIED 。]
▐| Global immigrationpowered by AI & blockchain |▌
TELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTREAGRAM
Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 01:24:11 AM

In fact ICOs now are nearly dead already, so the situation will be even worse then. But it is a good filter for ICO projects and ideas. Many good and strong ICOs are venture projects in fact that use crypto to collect funds.

Many good ICOs can reach the target and i dont think ICOs already dead. Its true many scam ICOs last year and i think government regulation needed for ICOs because its involve peoples money from all around the world
We are hoping for the best, we thought we don't need their intervention but now that these scams are so alarming, we should need this market to be regulated the soonest. If we still don't trust ICO, we can go with IEO and I think this is safer than the latter.
omnik

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 01:40:33 AM

Who was saying about that never try to do a lot of research to the current market. A lot of icos are still getting a lot of funds. That guy must take a look at how the latest performance on independent ico and IEO. He may wrong about that.
Darklinkz

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 01:54:20 AM

I don't think it will be implemented and if it really don't then we have the SEC to do their jobs and do a subpoena on these ICO scammers. There will always be a trace because they are using ETH to collect money and US has the most sophisticated cybercrime investigations tools to find them anywhere in the world.
zulfi125

Activity: 1382
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 10:20:34 AM

As you know most of ICO's was scams and not getting any benefits by investors, so IEO is good opportunity to invest in crypto and IEO also should regulate.

mangsitin

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 10:33:03 AM

I think the ICO is now gradually moving to the IEO, because the IEO is a safe investment and it has been proven that many projects have succeeded in implementing the current IEO, so that the ICO itself seems to have to improve so that it runs well again. Ico must be tightened again.
Litzki1990

Activity: 1218
Merit: 302

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2019, 11:00:08 AM

It should be regulated all the ICOs to protect our investors as we all know there is a lot of scammers out there, if the ICOs was regulated i think most of the investors are not going afraid of putting there investments in ICOs.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
e@symode

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 12:29:07 PM

Regulation in general is a process that was created for centralized intervention; this is clearly not considered and does not relate to the decentralized process. Therefore, let something else be regulated, but not cryptocurrencies.
tenakha

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 12:43:36 PM

As you know most of ICO's was scams and not getting any benefits by investors, so IEO is good opportunity to invest in crypto and IEO also should regulate.
If you are looking for an ICO with regulations, you should look at the STOs. The STOs are less likely to be scam due to some regulations, but that does not mean prices will not go down when they are listed. In addition, the sale of IEOs at central exchanges makes the regulations unnecessary. Already you should pass KYC in the exchange.
nitin8263
Copper Member

Activity: 1568
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2019, 04:27:30 PM

Definately ICOs should be a regulated, if the ICOs regulated then then it will be a big change in crypto market and those investors who have also invested in crypto then they will get so relief.

Samuel4

Activity: 331
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 03:35:53 PM
Merited by AnonBitCoiner (1)

Crypto currencies is already a decentralised system brought by the blockchain technology and smart contracts. The purpose of decentralization will be forfeited if Governmental bodies are brought in by means of regulations. Rather a system of escrowing investors' fund should be introduced. This will help fraudulent practices from ICO's to be checked
hardinero007

Activity: 938
Merit: 266

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2019, 03:39:20 PM

if ico intends to sell their tokens to general public, i like to see them getting regulated for clients' protection.  however, if the company ico is kinda private, something like selling the tokens to its workers or customers, then it may not be regulated.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 03:55:32 PM

if ico intends to sell their tokens to general public, i like to see them getting regulated for clients' protection.  however, if the company ico is kinda private, something like selling the tokens to its workers or customers, then it may not be regulated.
In my opinion whether it's private or not eitherway it still need some kind of regulation. You know consumer or investor protection is always better. People have tired handing over complicated requirement for merely investing meanwhile the ICO holders
could easily scam us if they want, but with regulation, that problem will be eliminated.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: