Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:21:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding multiple altcoins  (Read 24672 times)
bp124

Activity: 264
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2019, 10:36:27 PM

Holding cryptocurrencies on a multi wallet is very handy and it does not make you spread your funds on several places which can sometimes lead to the loss of private keys etc. But care must be taken which Multi wallet you are holding your cryptocurrencies on. I prefer holding it on Ledger Nano S.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
UniversityCoin

Activity: 714
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 10:48:49 PM

Multi wallets are convenient to use and many people enjoy using them. However, you should not keep all your coins in one purse, even the most reliable. You risk losing all your coins at once in the event of hacking a wallet by hackers.
Janevinex

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 11:04:22 PM

I use multi-wallet which in my opinion is very good because everyone must have lots of coins. And the wallet that I believe so far is Myetherwallet. And I don't only use one wallet but several wallets. Because in my opinion it's very important and so my coins aren't easily stolen by people.
Well mew I could not call a multi-wallet , because there are only Ethereum network tokens , and so I would not use a multi-wallet , only I would probably choose a multi-wallet if it is with the United States there are very strict laws if there is something with it

━ ━━ ━━━ ━━━━    (  (  (    What is MAST?    )  )  )    ━━━━ ━━━ ━━ ━
━━  ━   ( ( (   MAST.eco   ) ) )   ━  ★ ATO ★ ━ ━━
faceoff97 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 12:28:24 AM

Basically it was just the first time I saw that platform you use that store opensource cryptocurrency and wallet. Well, what about the security of that application or website? Do you personally hold the private keys of the wallet address that you've created there? I want to know so I can create another wallet.
Yes, you have the full control of wallet's private key, you can also export import key from jaxx and electrum and vice versa. Here's their site: www.hodler.tech
kipozer

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 04:20:16 PM

I can not say, but I think that most people will actually be able to get favorable prices, because if prices for BTC go up, even altcoins who are now in a very long waiting period can really go up.
sertans
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 04:32:41 PM

I would prefer cold wallet like ledger nano wallet in case I do not want to get hacked. I generally try to be on safe side but hackers are getting more and more professional. So if you keep good amount of coins keep them in cold wallet.
faceoff97 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 11:25:07 PM

I would prefer cold wallet like ledger nano wallet in case I do not want to get hacked. I generally try to be on safe side but hackers are getting more and more professional. So if you keep good amount of coins keep them in cold wallet.
That's right, hardware wallet is the best choice above all wallet. But when just storing lesser amount of coin and prefer to spent it immediately, I choose open source wallet like electrum or Hodler. It's safe as hardware wallet since you have the full control of your private key.
Impaler

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 11:39:21 PM

If you are holding many coins or even one I will always prefer  never hold them in a single wallet. Cause in this market we saw many hacker or even there is a chance to lost keys or something. So it is better to keep more than one wallet. Iand I always prefer official or most popular wallets. I don't like multiwallet. If I have to pick ethbased token always use myetherwallet wallet if I have to pick any neo coin then I go for neon wallet that's it. Mut if the multiwallet is open-source then you can go for it. Just do some research before using any wallet.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Akpuv

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2019, 11:53:17 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2019, 04:59:39 AM by Akpuv

Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?

Personally, I prefer to store in an opensource multi wallet that support all my preferred coin and even ERC20 token, its the only opensource multiwallet available called Hodler and so far I find it good. Do you think, this is really good idea?

It is far too risky to hold your coins on a single wallet most especially if the wallet is a web wallet. Such web wallets can easily be hacked and all your funds stolen at a go.

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 02:07:49 PM

Its always advisable  To diversify your portfolio so that you can be really prepared for the bull market when it comes no one can actually accurately predict the cryptocurrency that will go up and down in the bull market but when you have multiple cryptocurrency that you are holding anyone can be the market maker for you.

sends1

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 04:34:38 PM

if I am now only using mew, metamask and the latest one is mewconnect but I have not yet tried to connect. I think it's easier and safer to use mew
absurde

Activity: 532
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 04:55:23 PM

in my opinion, if you want to collect all your investments in one wallet, than it should be cold storage like nano ledger. But if you don't have cold storage than you you can divide your risk, investing to different wallets.
Cryptmuster
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1211

Glory To Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 04:59:34 PM

if I am now only using mew, metamask and the latest one is mewconnect but I have not yet tried to connect. I think it's easier and safer to use mew

I think that the majority of users use the MEW because it is easy to use and because it is quite reliable, if the basic rules of safety are to be taken.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Tahdayi

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 05:11:36 PM

Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?

Personally, I prefer to store in an opensource multi wallet that support all my preferred coin and even ERC20 token, its the only opensource multiwallet available called Hodler and so far I find it good. Do you think, this is really good idea?

It is far too risky to hold your coins on a single wallet most especially if the wallet is a web wallet. Such web wallets can easily be hacked and all your funds stolen at a go.
Well, I wouldn't for $ 800 to rasschityvat all these coins in their cold wallet , I think the chances of the purses that breaks into very small , I would some only be sent to exchange

EASY FEEDBACK, WORKING SINCE 2015  (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
doycku

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 05:39:24 PM

Well, I wouldn't for $ 800 to rasschityvat all these coins in their cold wallet , I think the chances of the purses that breaks into very small , I would some only be sent to exchange
In any case, we must take into account the fact that hackers go for purses or users of cryptocurrencies and their data, the general condition may be quite a large amount of funds. A simple user who has even a thousand or $ 2000 may never be interested in those who hack the web wallet. An exception may be hacking of trading exchanges, from which all users' data are downloaded, despite the availability of funds in their wallets.
cudora
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

Cryptoknowmics - World's First Decentralized Media

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 08:57:27 PM

You should never forget the diversification rule and not to keep all eggs in one bucket. Once it gets hacked you will lose all your money, thats why it is much safer to use multiple wallets and even exchanges.

BigBrother

Activity: 439
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 09:50:38 PM

I don't actually use multi-wallet. I keep my coins in multiple wallets. But I don't see anything wrong with them. In the future, I would prefer to purchase a hardware wallet for my coins. It's the surest way to keep them, as far as I know.

CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 10:12:51 PM

No way, man. I've never used multiwallets. It's not safe at all. What if someone hacks your wallet? You will lose everything. Always keep in mind the golden rule of investor - don't put all your eggs in one basket. Convenience is not always a good thing.

TRONTON

Activity: 868
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 10:40:46 PM

indeed your coin management will be easier, but imagine if your wallet was hacked, it was truly a disaster. it's better to share it and even just trade a few coins because not all coins will be active and die because of low volume, believe in hardwallet if you really want to make it safer in one access.
CryptoKush

Activity: 630
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 10:51:58 PM

I think that there should not be too many altcoins in the portfolio. I think it is optimal to have 5 altcoins. In some cases, you can have 10 altcoins. 10 altcoins are the maximum coins that can be in your portfolio.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: