Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:28:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding multiple altcoins  (Read 24659 times)
Ociwiw

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 06:45:26 AM

For these purposes, Myetherwallet is quite suitable for me, in my opinion it is quite a convenient and easy-to-use wallet!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
melomanskiy
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 07:06:14 AM

I am satisfied with the standard web wallet MEW. I have been using it for a long time, since the main portfolio consists of tokens of the standard erc20, so I see no reason to have other multi-currency wallets.
shoupengyangguang

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 07:21:35 AM

Multi-source wallets do help with storage crypto, but I still think that all crypto should not be stored in the same wallet, which is dangerous.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
faceoff97 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 09:12:26 AM

I also like holding multiple coins, because every price movement from each coins are diffrent, there are very fluktuative and there is also a relatively stable but from there i take profit in trading. And to save these coins, I just rely on MEW, I have never tried another wallet but so far MEW has no problem for me.
You can try MyCrypto. This is a desktop wallet which is made by the same team as MEW. It is more comfortable

I haven't heard about that. Currently I'm giving a try with Hodler wallet. So far, so good. All my preferred coin is safely stored since it is the only open source wallet. They also have desktop version of the wallet which works same as MEW since it hold ERC20 tokens. I'll check abiut your suggestion, you may also look at Hodler to see for your self.
The Cryptologist

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 12:00:21 PM

Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?

Personally, I prefer to store in an opensource multi wallet that support all my preferred coin and even ERC20 token, its the only opensource multiwallet available called Hodler and so far I find it good. Do you think, this is really good idea?

Like they always say, only trust hardware wallets. It looks good but it has to be proven before I try that but currently I always left my tokens on reputable exchanges. And for bitcoin, I only use electrum.
littleheart

Activity: 206
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 12:16:06 PM

It isn't that simple to keep yourself of the advancement of a large number of the altcoins so I don't think it speculation shrewd to keep a significant number of them. Keep just couple of strong undertakings is the best activity and among those few, you will unquestionably hit the nail on the head and get something unmistakable out of them.
harm

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 12:28:35 PM

I want to have bunches of wallets in light of the fact that for me it will be more secure regardless of whether my PC is assaulted by malware, it will make my coins more secure than those put away in a solitary wallet. and furthermore I don't care for introducing wallets on my PC so every time I have spared my coins I will uninstall the wallet and spare my private key in other equipment.
chipzeru

Activity: 686
Merit: 39

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 12:47:34 PM

I'm currently store mine in different kind of wallet. I store my erc20 token in mettamask and mycrypto and non erc20 coins in their native wallet.
It may be convenient to use opensource multi wallet but i prefer to use hardware wallet as it's more secure (planning to buy one).
trumplove

Activity: 249

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 01:02:39 PM

I'm currently store mine in different kind of wallet. I store my erc20 token in mettamask and mycrypto and non erc20 coins in their native wallet.
It may be convenient to use opensource multi wallet but i prefer to use hardware wallet as it's more secure (planning to buy one).
choosing a safer, there must be someone who wants his wallet safe. each choice must be good but also has risks because each risk depends on the size of the risk. holding lots of Altcoin is usually not in one package and sharing with others may be safer, and many more may be suggestions for safer and avoiding bad things.

●   TOKPIE   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  GET ETHEREUM FOR YOUR BOUNTY STAKES  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  instantly & regularly  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
chipzeru

Activity: 686
Merit: 39

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 01:19:27 PM

choosing a safer, there must be someone who wants his wallet safe. each choice must be good but also has risks because each risk depends on the size of the risk. holding lots of Altcoin is usually not in one package and sharing with others may be safer, and many more may be suggestions for safer and avoiding bad things.
Thanks for giving your opinion. I also shared my coins into different wallets so if i lost my access to one of them (either forget the seed accidentally or get phished), i still have another.
Lizzylove1

Activity: 858
Merit: 13

Christ The King

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 01:28:49 PM

I have multiple currencies in different wallet. I really don't know the coin that will Lambo first, so I try to accumulate as many as possible I can get. I have miss out in some good projects because of falling in love with a particular project that would later broke my heart because it will later dump beyond comprehension. Varieties is the spices of life.

sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 01:32:32 PM

I myself also invest in a lot of coins and tokens but of course my nominal difference is different depending on a risk consideration if the worst situation happens. we ourselves know that nowadays many projects that are dead and deceptive must certainly be able to do prevention

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 01:38:28 PM

I think it's a new one I would have to check its reputation first, before using it, I also like to use multi-currency wallet, but I am more convenient using a desktop wallet if it has one I will test it, so far all my wallets are desktop version because there have been to many hacking on online-based wallet.
altcoinhunter01

Activity: 840
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2019, 02:12:54 PM

I also prefer to hold multiple coins because if we hold only one coin then it is riskier rather than holding multiple coins and I prefer to hold my coins in hardware wallet because hardware wallets are most trusted and safest wallets.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
universal3ee

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 02:19:27 PM

Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?

Personally, I prefer to store in an opensource multi wallet that support all my preferred coin and even ERC20 token, its the only opensource multiwallet available called Hodler and so far I find it good. Do you think, this is really good idea?

What i think is that if a wallet can hold many different platform coins it will always be an advantage compare to a wallet that can only hold coins one platform it is convenient to transfer coins to and fro.

━  ━━  ━━━       colletrix       ━━━  ━━  ━        [ I E O June 2019 ]        ━
Bridging the Physical and V (https://www.colletrix.com/#/)
gwaposakon

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 02:28:59 PM

I have on wallet that hodls almost half of my cryptos. So far it has not given me any problems. But I also hodl some of my assets in other wallets for security purpose. Although having different wallets for different cryptos takes more effort to manage, but this will be beneficial when one wallet gets hacked you still have control over your other assets.
Santri

Activity: 1092
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2019, 03:21:14 PM

storing lots of altcoins in one wallet is very practical, but it is very risky because phishing often happens and for that I always keep it in several different wallets

hongus

Activity: 736

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 03:29:47 PM

I don't think it's a good idea to keep everything in one place. In the near future I will be thinking how to organize the shipment of Tokin to other wallets. Just to protect yourself from hacking.

cichaescut
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

SYNCHROBIT

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 03:34:48 PM

This is the first rule of every investor, to keep your funds on different wallets, because if some wallet is hacked, you would still have some funds left. Never forget to use funds diversification to stay more safe in this industry.

supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 03:40:20 PM

I think storing it in a multi currency hardware wallet is the safest storage where you can store your altcoins. Especially if you are holding a huge amount of altcoins. That way you can secure your assets from hackers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: