Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:57:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding multiple altcoins  (Read 24673 times)
DES_MX

Activity: 216
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 04:49:46 PM

I wish to think that ultimately an extended maintain may guide all of us in order to triumph. To tell the truth, I am currently exhausted, I believe I have to relaxation such as the vast majority with this discussion board. the marketplace has been around decrease with regard to too much time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
burky155

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 04:55:29 PM

You have to spread your risks in the cryptocurrency market. In coins, in exchanges and in wallets. I always hold and trade at least 7-8 different altcoin at the same time. Also i am using multiple exchanges and wallets for my security. You should never hold your all assets in one place, if you are doing that you are in a big danger right now. 

macstrong12

Activity: 230
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 05:05:42 PM

I'm not a fan of holding multiple coins or tokens, it decreases focus besides holding a lot of them may coz losing some of them due to token swaping, I would only hold first 10 coins and tokens based on coinmarketcap.com.
SamDummy

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 05:14:07 PM

Do not keep all your eggs in one basket.
But it's better to keep in your wallet than on the exchange.
Okity21

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 07:30:41 PM

I personally keep a large number of altcoins in my wallet, and they are very different.
Of course, not all of them will bring me a profit which I am waiting for, some will disappear altogether and will not cost anything at all.
But I think if even the most promising of them will be at the top, I can get the desired profit.

● ●   CATEX.io   ● ●
|    |  Transaction Mining Exchange  |    |
(((((((  TRADE NOW  )))))))
ZEIIMAN

Activity: 924
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 07:45:04 PM

No, you can't keep all your eggs in one basket. Better to keep it on a hardware wallet, or transfer your coins are going to be stored for a long period of time.
Dacosta Osei-Tutu

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 08:03:23 PM

Everything that has an advantage also has a disadvantage. Keeping all your coins in a single wallet is very convenient but don't forget you stand the chance of loosing all your money in one day, should someone get access to your authenticator.
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 08:06:17 PM

I think it is very risky decision to hold on to many coins now especially those coins that did their token sale in 2017 and earlier, because 9 out of 10 of these projects will fail, if you can research the space and get your hand on 5 to 10 undervalued projects with huge potential and active team you will be good

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
trade2winnn

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 08:14:53 PM

Yes, many hold a large variety of altcoins in your wallet, and in the long, so to speak Holding! And everyone hopes that this period will soon come to an end,and will bring them a huge profit,but I can say one thing,that now is the time that it is not clear how much more you need to hold?!!And there is a high probability that by the time the mouth goes,many violas will simply die out already!
HODL2090

Activity: 210
Merit: 29

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 08:32:23 PM

I hold multiple currencies and except they are built on a different platform, I would have them in a single wallet. Depending on the time period in which I plan to hodl, I could lock it up in a hardware wallet, but occasionally for trades I leave on an online wallet.
10BTCaDay

Activity: 770

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 08:33:03 PM

Yes, many hold a large variety of altcoins in your wallet, and in the long, so to speak Holding! And everyone hopes that this period will soon come to an end,and will bring them a huge profit,but I can say one thing,that now is the time that it is not clear how much more you need to hold?!!And there is a high probability that by the time the mouth goes,many violas will simply die out already!
but before they die out, in any case, there will be some sort of local pump. you can earn X2 X3 X4 in BTC

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Serve20

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2019, 09:21:49 PM

Having most of your portfolio in one wallet is cool, so I prefer holding them in nano or coinomi wallet if I don't want to keep them on exchanges.

BLOCKMASON LINK
Create Web APIs From Any Smart Contract
karankamaze

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 09:29:45 PM

for now, some of my coins are still competing online because I am still trading, but some of the coins I make for long-term investments are stored on hardware because I think this is safer.

so I keep my coins separately because I have a strategy to get profits now and later.
Ispep

Activity: 154
Merit: 24

The future of security tokens

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 09:32:50 PM

Having most of your portfolio in one wallet is cool, so I prefer holding them in nano or coinomi wallet if I don't want to keep them on exchanges.
Keeping them on exchanges shouldn't even be an option for you, you have to be on the safer side, exchange hack can occur at any time.
One wallet is what I also use, trezor wallet,easy to use and keeps me safe
ioanbtc

Activity: 459
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 09:45:42 PM

I also prefer to hold a bitcoin and all altcoins on hardware wallet, if some coins can't be hold an hardware wallet, i hold in paper wallet, like i do with ETN coins, and if not possible to make paper wallet i keep them on wallet encrypted.

pleci

Activity: 686

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 10:22:06 PM

I think Multi Wallet is a good choice because it makes it easier for users to store various types of coins in one wallet and of course it's safe. I am sure almost all invest more than one coin because the chances are smaller and vice versa if investing more than one is bigger and of course the risk is also great to still depend on the coins we have.
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 10:51:50 AM

I think Multi Wallet is a good choice because it makes it easier for users to store various types of coins in one wallet and of course it's safe. I am sure almost all invest more than one coin because the chances are smaller and vice versa if investing more than one is bigger and of course the risk is also great to still depend on the coins we have.

A multi wallet is a must. The number of coins will only get bigger and having a convenient method to deal with all of them in once place is a requirement for adoption. Nobody wants to deal with 50 wallets. Imagine you would have 50 physical wallets to deal with or even more. Cheesy

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
nonbody

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 01:03:17 PM

I also do this, while holding a variety of altcoins, the purpose of doing so can share a large investment risk. In this case, in the case that most of the altcoins are losing money, there will always be a token that can be profitable.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

2local
Sustainability and Prosperity.
Pre sale is going on
...J O I N...
...Whitepaper...
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌

I   E   O IN Livecoin.net  Probit  P2pPb2b from 11/02/2020
2local Sale
Gabteb

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 01:20:51 PM

We must hold coins which have price features and future I see you have many tokens which haven't any price and dont know its because they haven't listed on any exchanges or projects have failed, holding multiple altcoins is very important as holding one coin or token is very risky ,i dont talk about BTC or ETH.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications

faceoff97 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 10:12:16 PM

I keep my coins in different wallets, I support diversification even in security matters. Private keys are also divided into several parts.
Yeah, it is good decision. Always make sure that your private keys are safe and nobody can steal them from your computer.
Yes, they provide encrypted private key which makes me sure that it's all secure. Among all the important thing about wallet is the way how the private key is being kept and I feel like I have them securely because of the encryption.

A multi wallet is a must. The number of coins will only get bigger and having a convenient method to deal with all of them in once place is a requirement for adoption. Nobody wants to deal with 50 wallets. Imagine you would have 50 physical wallets to deal with or even more. Cheesy
Agreed with you, I've been using it and it's really convinient. This time I'll be trying Hodler hardware version since it has better version than the free app. It is a good storage for greater volume of coin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: