Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:07:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread  (Read 49489 times)
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2095
Merit: 1396

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 05:44:29 PM

I recd my new PSU - thanks! But, I notice it only has one output plug whereas the Apollo has two plug receptacles. My off-the-shelf PSU had a cable with an extra head on the end and that worked fine. How should I plug in the new PSU to the Apollo unit?

Just plug it into the right port. Remember to never plug another PSU/PSU cable into the spare port, this will either blow up one of the PSUs or cause a fire.

What? your only supposed to plug in ONE PSU cable?Huh
the quick start guide says to "Plug in both 6 Pin PCIE power cables from your ATX or server power supply"

never mind I think I miss read that...

Yes thats for ATX power supplies. We designed our PSU to run with one cable because it has thicker wires, some ATX supplies come with really thin wires which can overheat them.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jchotz

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 10:27:46 PM

I recd my new PSU - thanks! But, I notice it only has one output plug whereas the Apollo has two plug receptacles. My off-the-shelf PSU had a cable with an extra head on the end and that worked fine. How should I plug in the new PSU to the Apollo unit?

Just plug it into the right port. Remember to never plug another PSU/PSU cable into the spare port, this will either blow up one of the PSUs or cause a fire.
Thanks! That worked. For clarity the "right" port is as viewed from the back. Maybe better noted as the VGA power port nearest the edge of the box?
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 10:47:58 PM

Thanks! That worked. For clarity the "right" port is as viewed from the back. Maybe better noted as the VGA power port nearest the edge of the box?

Yea were working on "official" support docs that will have all this stuff clarified. Its does not really matter which, they are both electricaly connected the same, the right one is just closer to the mosfets.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
TopMiningMiner

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 06:05:13 PM

Has anyone who ordered an Apollo+PSU on/after the middle of June gotten their shipping notification yet?
Harbingold

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 08:49:22 PM

my miner is acting funny. not mining.
started from scratch, new sd card, new image, new etch.
it loads up, see it on the dashboard, starts mining then goes offline within 10 seconds
starts back up.
repeat. repeat.
this pops up.
Error: ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:4020
thoughts?
ejonathonw

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 09:02:53 PM

it loads up, see it on the dashboard, starts mining then goes offline within 10 seconds
starts back up.
repeat. repeat.
this pops up.
thoughts?

It's an error in your pool setup.  Are you trying to use a switching pool?  If so, disable the donation pool.
If not, double check your pool setup.
Maybe....
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 09:52:18 AM

starts back up.
repeat. repeat.
this pops up.
thoughts?

Do you see a Red LED when it does this?

mickeykool

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 02:14:58 PM

I received the PSU the other day and went to check on it after a few days of being used.  The PSU is warm which is normal but the cable from PSU to the miner is warm too.    i would say just 1/4 of length from PSU to miner is warm.  I'm not sure if the cable is supposed to  be warm?   

When i had my other PSU plugged in the cable wasn't warm.  So just want to double check on this.
Harbingold

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 03:47:53 PM

starts back up.
repeat. repeat.
this pops up.
thoughts?

I do yes. It seems to be in a cycle of restarting.

jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 07:08:47 PM

I received the PSU the other day and went to check on it after a few days of being used.  The PSU is warm which is normal but the cable from PSU to the miner is warm too.    i would say just 1/4 of length from PSU to miner is warm.  I'm not sure if the cable is supposed to  be warm?   

When i had my other PSU plugged in the cable wasn't warm.  So just want to double check on this.

Thats fine, that's just residual heat from the PCB being dumped back into the copper cables. You only have to worry if the black housing on the 6 Pin connector or the cables near it is super hot...this means some sort of bad electrical connection, and you should shutdown, unplug, and replug the connector and make sure its firmly in there.

jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 07:09:18 PM

starts back up.
repeat. repeat.
this pops up.
thoughts?

I do yes. It seems to be in a cycle of restarting.

When it boots go set the fan speed manually to around 25% and see if it stops.

Jota_US

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 10:06:04 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2019, 10:22:27 PM by Jota_US

Received the miner, configured the pool but I get this on the dashboard

Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:4028

Not sure what to do now. I restarted the miner, rebooted the system but same thing.
Led blinks yellow and I can see that miner is ONLINE (but 0.0 H/s) on the top of the dashboard

Edit: After a while, miner goes offline with red led

edit: So I switched off and on the donation pool and it looks like it did the trick

jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 11:26:59 PM

Not sure what to do now. I restarted the miner, rebooted the system but same thing.
Led blinks yellow and I can see that miner is ONLINE (but 0.0 H/s) on the top of the dashboard

edit: So I switched off and on the donation pool and it looks like it did the trick

What pool were you trying to connect too?

TheGasManII

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 12:05:14 AM

Has anyone who ordered an Apollo+PSU on/after the middle of June gotten their shipping notification yet?

I ordered May 11 and just got mine today.

And that brings me to why I am here.  I got it hooked and mining.  All good there.

I went to setup WiFi, scanned, found and entered password for WiFi.  Error returned...There was a problem connecting to the wifi, please doucle check the password. Internal error

Password is correct, confirmed multiple times.

Jota_US

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 12:23:06 AM

Litecoinpool.
It looks like when I turn donation pool off I get this error.
TheGasManII

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 12:37:49 AM

Litecoinpool.

Do you have a worker setup @ litecoinpool.org?
Jota_US

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 03:10:07 AM

Litecoinpool.

Yes I'm mining now. As I said it looks like I need to have the donation pool ON in order to not get this error. While I don't mind donating I'd like to have the option. I'll try again later to turn donation pool off and see.
TheRipler

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 03:25:24 AM

And that brings me to why I am here.  I got it hooked and mining.  All good there.

I went to setup WiFi, scanned, found and entered password for WiFi.  Error returned...There was a problem connecting to the wifi, please doucle check the password. Internal error

The easiest way I found to get wifi working is through the shell.

• SSH to the system. (futurebit:futurebit)
  • run 'sudo armbian-config'
  • go to Network->wlan0->
  • If you tried to configure through the web interface, select "Forget" (otherwise continue to WiFi)
  • select WiFi, and activate your wifi network here
  • once connected, cancel out.

Once you reboot without ethernet plugged in, it should come up on WiFi.
TheGasManII

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 11:35:15 AM

And that brings me to why I am here.  I got it hooked and mining.  All good there.

I went to setup WiFi, scanned, found and entered password for WiFi.  Error returned...There was a problem connecting to the wifi, please doucle check the password. Internal error

The easiest way I found to get wifi working is through the shell.

• SSH to the system. (futurebit:futurebit)
  • run 'sudo armbian-config'
  • go to Network->wlan0->
  • If you tried to configure through the web interface, select "Forget" (otherwise continue to WiFi)
  • select WiFi, and activate your wifi network here
  • once connected, cancel out.

Once you reboot without ethernet plugged in, it should come up on WiFi.

Thank you very much!  I will try this, this evening when I get home.
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 12:33:30 PM

Litecoinpool.

Yes I'm mining now. As I said it looks like I need to have the donation pool ON in order to not get this error. While I don't mind donating I'd like to have the option. I'll try again later to turn donation pool off and see.

Donation pool has no effect on this unless you are on a multi pool or mining a different coin other than litecoin. Are you sure your even mining to your account and not 100% to donation pool? Sounds like your credentials are wrong so it’s defaulting to donation pool.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: