Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:00:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread  (Read 49504 times)
Keydric

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 07:32:57 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2019, 08:29:26 PM by Keydric

The easiest way I found to get wifi working is through the shell.

• SSH to the system. (futurebit:futurebit)
  • run 'sudo armbian-config'
  • go to Network->wlan0->
  • If you tried to configure through the web interface, select "Forget" (otherwise continue to WiFi)
  • select WiFi, and activate your wifi network here
  • once connected, cancel out.

Once you reboot without ethernet plugged in, it should come up on WiFi.

This worked like charm, thanks!  
TheGasManII

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 10:27:55 PM

The easiest way I found to get wifi working is through the shell.

• SSH to the system. (futurebit:futurebit)
  • run 'sudo armbian-config'
  • go to Network->wlan0->
  • If you tried to configure through the web interface, select "Forget" (otherwise continue to WiFi)
  • select WiFi, and activate your wifi network here
  • once connected, cancel out.

Once you reboot without ethernet plugged in, it should come up on WiFi.

This worked like charm, thanks!  

Yes, this worked great!

Thanks!
dwood443

Activity: 94
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 03, 2019, 09:42:47 PM

Thats awesome...you guys should definitely blog/tweet/post about this stuff. This is the kind of things I envision people doing with a sub 200 watt home miner yet very few people still know about it.

Free power, eco friendly, decentralized mining! Cool stuff!

Finally got my solar setup running. Apollo is running on solar at eco setting. Excited to see how long my battery will keep it running at night. Need more batteries Smiley
VictorGT

Activity: 748
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 06:32:13 PM

Finally got my solar setup running. Apollo is running on solar at eco setting. Excited to see how long my battery will keep it running at night. Need more batteries Smiley

You need to use CUSTOM mode and undervolt (mv item) a little your Apollo (I recommend you two steps less than CUSTOM defaults). You can save EASY 1 amp. Test it  Wink
Jmancino2
Copper Member

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 01:21:29 AM

Got my miner and power supply yesterday, got it all hooked up today. Seems to be running fine, but the power supply fan does not come on. I searched a bit but not able to find an answer, does anyone know if that is because it only comes on when it is over a certain temp? The power supply is just a little bit warm, and seems fine where the connector attaches. I am going to continue to monitor but a little bit nervous just in case. Smiley
vsc-miner

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 02:25:38 AM

Got my Apollo LTC up and running today. I got the full package including power supply and pre-loaded Micro-SD card. Got it up and running pointing to litecoinpool.org in 5 minutes including unboxing. Currently inside the house due it is close to 95 F in the garage. Thanks FutureBit team.

http://vasoco.com/img/ApolloLTC.png
Jmancino2
Copper Member

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 03:18:13 AM

Got my Apollo LTC up and running today. I got the full package including power supply and pre-loaded Micro-SD card. Got it up and running pointing to litecoinpool.org in 5 minutes including unboxing. Currently inside the house due it is close to 95 F in the garage. Thanks FutureBit team.

Very cool! I was also impressed by how fast everything was to get up and running. Question, if you did not notice my post...is your power supply fan spinning? Can you tell how hot your power supply is? Mine is warm to the touch running balanced mode around 40C.
vsc-miner

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 04:20:19 AM

http://vasoco.com/img/ApolloLTC.png

Very cool! I was also impressed by how fast everything was to get up and running. Question, if you did not notice my post...is your power supply fan spinning? Can you tell how hot your power supply is? Mine is warm to the touch running balanced mode around 40C.

Apollo LTC has been running for about 3 hours and its power supply fan turns intermittently for about 5-10 seconds then goes off for several minutes, I have not measured it but feels like fan turns every 10-15 minutes or so. It feels warm but it is very quiet. the Apollo's fan noise is noticeable but very comfortable to run it on my desk table top. I am currently running on ECO mode but will crank it up to balanced mode when I get it on the miners rack in the garage.

Home's thermostat is set to 74 F

Hash rate -> 103 Mh/s
Miner temp -> 68 C
MCU temp -> 62 C

Jmancino2
Copper Member

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 02:23:16 PM

I actually put mine down to Eco, 101 Mh/s, 68C miner / 60C MCU. Temp gun says 40C on the PS. Can't hear the unit over my AC unit as it sits on my desk as well. Thank you for the info on yours. Smiley
Jota_US

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 05:26:43 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2019, 10:18:31 PM by Jota_US

Received the miner, configured the pool but I get this on the dashboard

Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:4028

Not sure what to do now. I restarted the miner, rebooted the system but same thing.
Led blinks yellow and I can see that miner is ONLINE (but 0.0 H/s) on the top of the dashboard

Edit: After a while, miner goes offline with red led

edit: So I switched off and on the donation pool and it looks like it did the trick

What pool were you trying to connect too?

Litecoinpool.
It looks like when I turn donation pool off I get this error.

Do you have a worker setup @ litecoinpool.org?

Yes I'm mining now. As I said it looks like I need to have the donation pool ON in order to not get this error. While I don't mind donating I'd like to have the option. I'll try again later to turn donation pool off and see.

Donation pool has no effect on this unless you are on a multi pool or mining a different coin other than litecoin. Are you sure your even mining to your account and not 100% to donation pool? Sounds like your credentials are wrong so it’s defaulting to donation pool.

Yes that was it. All good now.

I have another concern:
I wanted to set-up Wifi mining because the PSU's fan actually makes quite some noise (the miner itself is very quiet I'm impressed). But the PSU spins up every 1-2 minute and my wife is starting to giving me that look since right now the miner is in the living room next to an ethernet connection.
So I'm able to connect to the Wifi network no problem there, I can see the Wifi dashboard by entering the "new network address" given by the OS but only with my phone, not my desktop. Which is really weird since they are all on the same network...
But anyways when I unplug the ethernet cable and put the miner in another room, it does not mine (solid red light). And I'm not able to connect to the dashboard via Wifi with my phone anymore. So I can't really do anything except rebooting by turning the PSU off/on.

It looks like when I unplug the ethernet cable and leave it close to the modem there is no problem but whenever I move it away it doesn't work. The connection is not as good as when it's close to the modem but it's decent.

Here is how I move the miner:
- click on miner/stop in the dashboard (Do I have to do this or can I just unplug the miner even when it's working?)
- unplug everything
- replug in the other room (no ethernet)
- turn on the miner -> solid red light
- I can't access the dashboard (even with my phone using the wifi IP) when no ethernet connection is present.

Wifi functionality is really something I was counting on

Edit:
I tried different things:
- Unplugging Ethernet and leaving the Apollo connected to Wifi next to the router : Working, but a little more HW errors and lower hashrate
- Miner 10m away from the router: More HW errors and even lower hashrate
- Miner 20m away from the router but close to Wifi range extender: HW errors goes through the roof and low hashrate. Sometimes the miner just looses the connection as well

Not sure if anyone was able to make it work over Wifi in a different room than the router?
I don't know if it's hardware or software related but Wifi functionality really does not work for me...

At this point I might plug the miner to my 700w desktop PSU. I have a couple hundred spare W so in ECO mode it should be fine. Is there any risk in doing so? I don't think so but I'd rather be sure.

estacionsj

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 03:37:39 AM

Thats awesome...you guys should definitely blog/tweet/post about this stuff. This is the kind of things I envision people doing with a sub 200 watt home miner yet very few people still know about it.

what parts list is in ure solar set up, Going to start looking for solar set up need some ideas.
Thanks
estacionsj

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 03:52:33 AM

This is what someone recommend me ...

Solar Energy via Panels
Your load is 120W x 24 hours =  2880 watt hours of loads

150 watt solar panel x 5 hours day energy in CA  = 750 watt hours energy

2880/750 3.84 panels = four 150 watt solar modules

Watt = Volts x amps
Solar Energy via Batteries & inverter
Your load is 120W x 24 hours =  2880 watt hours of loads 

2880wh / 12.6 volts (12v inverter) x .9  = 205 amps  x 2 = 411 battery amp hours required

Battery options are:

Two Battleborn 12v LiFeSO4 100ah deep cycle battery
Four 6V AGM 224ah sealed lead acid deep cycle batteries.
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1397

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 10:28:19 AM

Yes fan on PSU only comes on over a certain temp, its normal if it never comes on in ECO mode in a colder room.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
dwood443

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 10:49:05 AM

what parts list is in ure solar set up, Going to start looking for solar set up need some ideas.
Thanks

I've been just playing around so far. I have 4 100 watt panels and just added 4 65 watt used panels. All all 12 volt. I have each group of 4 connected in series and then parallel connection to my 40 watt solar charge controller. I'm producing around 400 watts at peak. I only have one 12 volt battery right now. So I can run the Apollo off solar all day and about 4-5 hours into the night until the controller shuts down due to low battery.
devincrypt

Activity: 62
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 04:07:58 PM

Thanks

I've been just playing around so far. I have 4 100 watt panels and just added 4 65 watt used panels. All all 12 volt. I have each group of 4 connected in series and then parallel connection to my 40 watt solar charge controller. I'm producing around 400 watts at peak. I only have one 12 volt battery right now. So I can run the Apollo off solar all day and about 4-5 hours into the night until the controller shuts down due to low battery.

Off the grid is nice. So I'm wondering:

[1] - How much do you have invested in your setup (or what would be the price if another had to buy everything)?
[2] - Do you think it will pay for itself - if so, at the current mining price - when would you break even?
[3] - I operate in balanced mode - would your setup support other than ECO?

I ask because the recent halving has totally taken away any concept of cost effectiveness unless the electrical cost can be zeroed.
dwood443

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 04:28:43 PM

Thanks

Off the grid is nice. So I'm wondering:

[1] - How much do you have invested in your setup (or what would be the price if another had to buy everything)?
[2] - Do you think it will pay for itself - if so, at the current mining price - when would you break even?
[3] - I operate in balanced mode - would your setup support other than ECO?

I ask because the recent halving has totally taken away any concept of cost effectiveness unless the electrical cost can be zeroed.

When I started solar I wanted to be able to survive a power outage, in summer power the fridge and winter power the gas furnace. Now the Solar bug has got me so I thought I'd just hook up my Apollos and use up some of this emergency power I'm generating. I picked up the renogy panels for $80 each on amazon sale. Renogy controller was about $60. Used panels were $20 each. Battery was around $160. I'm still looking to get more batteries. A single Apollo cost me $8 to run a month so I'll never get my money back.

But, I bet if you searched craigslist and found some used or newer high voltage panels and could scrape up some deep cycle batteries with a decent controller you could run much cheaper.
Javiefs

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 06:55:08 PM

Hi, currently how much they are mining a day ??

Day   0.0021   $0.20   

Thanks
devincrypt

Activity: 62
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 08:46:45 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2019, 09:20:33 PM by devincrypt

Hi, currently how much they are mining a day ??

Day   0.0021   $0.20   

Thanks

As of this reply with a difficulty of 15930321 2 Apollos will get you approx. 0.004 cents/day. At that rate you're looking at $1.46/year, depending on the LTC price. Hope LTC price goes up. I shut my 2 Apollos down today until the LTC price goes up. My 5 Moonlanders have paid for themselves with the Apollos running but that was then and this is now.

Too bad litecoinpool.org doesn't reward finding a block.
VictorGT

Activity: 748
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 02:39:38 PM

I had mine a LTC block at Litecoinpool with my Apollo number 2 a few days ago  Cool

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sv4x047bjrt5x25/Litecoinpool%20block.png?dl=0
TopMiningMiner

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 06:21:30 PM

I have a bit of a strange question. But is it possible to somehow display the hashing process onto an external display?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: