Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:47:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984412 times)
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 03:09:46 PM

Me too, I think the volatility of bitcoin makes people worry about it. I choose gold because it is always worth, but if in next ten years I see bitcoin price is rise high I would be regret.

But then, you will not regret if Bitcoin becomes worthless in the next few years. Bitcoins are always risky. You should not invest more than 1% of your net worth in the crypto-currency. If you want to invest more, then be ready to face the consequences.
how you can say that bitcoin is risky???, i think you do not know about bitcoin and you do not know about the profit of bitcoin you can check the price of bitcoin from 2009 and now check the current price of bitcoin then you would never say that bitcoin is risky.

Exactly bitcoin is growing and growing over a period of time and one can compare the current price of bitcoin to the price of last year and he will get his answer and I don't see any risk in investing in bitcoins as it will surely grow more in future so if you want to make best profits then you should invest huge capital to get maximum returns.
It is true that the bitcoin is growing in both price and users for the time being however we can never really predict that the future of it just look at what happened to the price earlier this year it went down from $1100$ to $780 in a day so if you want to invest in it you should invest in the short term and know when to sell.
the price of bitcoin is trading above 1000 USD levl, therefore i do not think that it is a good idea to invest your assets in bitcoin for short term. because there is  lot of fluctuation in the price of bitcoin and the price can even fell agin below 800 USD therefore i think long term investment will be the best option. where we do not care the the price to fell or increase.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Superzpay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 03:56:10 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2017, 04:06:53 PM by Superzpay

gold is obsolete thing in modern conditions

How can you say that gold is obsolete? Even we are in modern years today gold is still good but because of people's demand. The gold generation is near to be overcome by bitcoin. Many of us here do prefer to use bitcoin and invest with it instead of gold. Because it is more convenient and easier to invest also you can profit effortless with it.
What is he trying to say? Maybe, he was trying to say that bitcoin has already supersede the value of gold and that almost all here in forum focusing on investment in bitcoin. But to say that gold is obsolete  is a no no. Gold has stable price, almost no loss since it is one of the necessity of all people. Better if you can have both.

There are times that gold are falling when it comes to its price too the same thing with bitcoin but I don't know where he did got that gold is obsolete. Obsolete means that there are is nothing left but how can gold obsolete if there are a lot of it in the market. So that's impossible that gold is obsolete.
I think he is talking about trading market that gold is obsolete as those who know about bitcoin then do not trade in gold but only trade for bitcoin. All of the traders if will learn about bitcoin and will start bitcoin trading then they will not trade any more in gold and in that people will say that gold is obsolete in traders.
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 04:27:24 PM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.

Comparison between Bitcoin and gold, Bitcoin is a real currency unlike gold you need to sell it first before it become a real money. Bitcoin is very safe and secured while gold is not very safe and secured and there is a chance that can be steal by the thief.
Matthias Green

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 04:36:45 PM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.

Comparison between Bitcoin and gold, Bitcoin is a real currency unlike gold you need to sell it first before it become a real money. Bitcoin is very safe and secured while gold is not very safe and secured and there is a chance that can be steal by the thief.

To be fair, bitcoin wallets can be stolen too. And, you cannot implement BTC any other way than currency, electronic currency that is. Gold will retain its value to the end of times, more or less, because its a valuable material by itself.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 05:12:32 PM

Your bitcoins can be stolen too but by a different type of thieves which is called a hacker. I think gold might even be safer because you can deposit it in a bank or a vault somewhere safe. Actually, you can use gold as payment too if you try to look deeper but mostly in huge amounts only. Back then, people are accepting gold as payment for really large transactions and people are converting their money to gold a lot since gold holds actual value while paper money is simply a paper. Same goes to bitcoin, bitcoin is simply an online coin. Without any user, it doesn't have any value at all unlike gold that would always have value with or without user since it has other purposes.

basesaw

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 06:01:10 PM

bitcoin and gold have its common and also bitcoin and gold has its own differences. gold needs to be processed if you will just get it raw on the mountains. same as bitcoin you will mine it using miners but the diference is that gold is mined on earth while bitcoin is mined virtually. so the differences is bitcoin is much easier  if you are smart enough while gold needs your effort to have it.
Rinder

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 07:04:59 PM

Currently i would choose bitcoin, besides its potencial and inovation around it, i can earn it in small portions, doing some services as signatures, allowing me to earn for free. With gold i dont see no one offering any service that will pay you with gold, besides some comission you will get if you refer someone that buys gold, and gold is controled by countries, soo isnt for sure a thing i would invest at.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 10:42:43 PM

Currently i would choose bitcoin, besides its potencial and inovation around it, i can earn it in small portions, doing some services as signatures, allowing me to earn for free. With gold i dont see no one offering any service that will pay you with gold, besides some comission you will get if you refer someone that buys gold, and gold is controled by countries, soo isnt for sure a thing i would invest at.

While gold can definitely be used as a currency tool since it's just as Bitcoin is -- divisible. But it's far less convenient if you consider how much effort needs to be done to conclude the weight and gold ratio of what people bring in to use as currency. Gold in most cases either serve as long term store of wealth solution, or in some cases as an investment option (and yes, I am aware of the jewelry aspect). That's why it's simply not a fair comparison if you just look at the earning aspect and compare that with Bitcoin's functionalities.
Pattart

Activity: 1190

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 11:20:39 PM

To be fair, bitcoin wallets can be stolen too. And, you cannot implement BTC any other way than currency, electronic currency that is. Gold will retain its value to the end of times, more or less, because its a valuable material by itself.
I think bitcoin could also be an investment or commodity, depending on what the user chooses to bitcoin. to compare bitcoin with gold, would have to be balanced between investment by investment, both I think it is a good investment has its own characteristics
Skarner21

Activity: 700

Massive price drop coming...

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 11:25:42 PM

th

I think bitcoin could also be an investment or commodity, depending on what the user chooses to bitcoin. to compare bitcoin with gold, would have to be balanced between investment by investment, both I think it is a good investment has its own characteristics
They are both good but gold price movement i very slow to wise or bright to choose i will stay at bitcoin since the movement of the price of bitcoin is fast you can notice the price right now and see that the price is currently touch in $1,000 value that i think yesterday the price is low and now we are in $1k value which is good according to preev price.. unlike gold that yearly increase..

Make crypto as your bank.
Tanic

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 12:59:37 AM

I think to stay the choice on bitcoin would be not so wise. Of course every one here wish all the best to bitcoin and hope it will live forever and rise nonstop. But nobody exactly knows the future of bitcoin and for how long it will stay with us. I think in this time it is better to invest as in gold as in bitcoin. Cause of bitcoin shows fast temps of grow and gold is more sure way for investment for hundreds of years already.
rchstr

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 03:51:35 AM

When the economic situation breaks down (which manifests itself through the progression of the dollar), the value of gold increases. In the opposite, when it is doing well, the gold back.
Thus, between 2000 and 2012, USA have experienced various events that affected its economy: the attacks of September 11, 2011, the start of the tensions due to the debt sovereign and, of course, the subprime crisis. Faced with these problems, equity investors, for example, rely on shelters values. This is the case for gold.
However, the investment involves risk. For example, the gold did not rise despite the risk of bankruptcy of the United States in 2013. On the other hand, there are a few years a renewed interest in the stock market

Meanwhile, investors who do not like to wait can try to take advantage of the volatility of the BTC.
In terms of safety is better to give preference to gold, the asset has been for many years proves its immutability and value, and Bitcoin young and trust such as gold have not earned, but in terms of not just save money but also to increase them, Bitcoin in this regard leads .

That's probably a really fair assessment, but I would argue for silver instead of gold. It's price over the past few decades follows a similar trend as gold, but with silver you can more easily own smaller denominations of it, which could mean the world if you were ever in a situation where you actually had to use it as a means of currency.

Plus... silver is just really fucking sexy.
http://www.apmex.com/product/65698/5-oz-silver-bar-pamp-suisse-fortuna

the silver market is much lower than gold. the gold market is estimated at about six times more than silver.
The history of silver leads yet to precaution: silver is much more volatile than gold. The daily swings in the price of silver are part of the landscape of this small market. So don't let these large fluctuations in prices scare you and cause your selling selling in panic.

yes the value of silver is much more likely cheaper than gold and the price of it is much volatile than gold. It is good in investing in silvee than gold if you are a bigtime trader as its price is much volatile and moves from time to time unlike gold that is more stable.
dimonchik13

Activity: 261

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 04:32:59 AM

When the economic situation breaks down (which manifests itself through the progression of the dollar), the value of gold increases. In the opposite, when it is doing well, the gold back.
Thus, between 2000 and 2012, USA have experienced various events that affected its economy: the attacks of September 11, 2011, the start of the tensions due to the debt sovereign and, of course, the subprime crisis. Faced with these problems, equity investors, for example, rely on shelters values. This is the case for gold.
However, the investment involves risk. For example, the gold did not rise despite the risk of bankruptcy of the United States in 2013. On the other hand, there are a few years a renewed interest in the stock market

Meanwhile, investors who do not like to wait can try to take advantage of the volatility of the BTC.
In terms of safety is better to give preference to gold, the asset has been for many years proves its immutability and value, and Bitcoin young and trust such as gold have not earned, but in terms of not just save money but also to increase them, Bitcoin in this regard leads .

That's probably a really fair assessment, but I would argue for silver instead of gold. It's price over the past few decades follows a similar trend as gold, but with silver you can more easily own smaller denominations of it, which could mean the world if you were ever in a situation where you actually had to use it as a means of currency.

the silver market is much lower than gold. the gold market is estimated at about six times more than silver.
The history of silver leads yet to precaution: silver is much more volatile than gold. The daily swings in the price of silver are part of the landscape of this small market. So don't let these large fluctuations in prices scare you and cause your selling selling in panic.

yes the value of silver is much more likely cheaper than gold and the price of it is much volatile than gold. It is good in investing in silvee than gold if you are a bigtime trader as its price is much volatile and moves from time to time unlike gold that is more stable.
If we analyze the market of precious metals, the silver, unlike gold is really more stable, but if we talk about how things were to be between Bitcoin and gold, the unique gold will never lose its value. Let and be racing at several positions, but this fact does not change.
bikbik2

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 05:04:17 AM

How would gold and silver markets are reeling, still it seems to me these metals are valuable lots forever. I do not think that the time will come when all the gold and devalued the dollar will be worth an ounce, but with bitcoin such a situation is possible.
olyaru

Activity: 275

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 05:30:41 AM

I think to stay the choice on bitcoin would be not so wise. Of course every one here wish all the best to bitcoin and hope it will live forever and rise nonstop. But nobody exactly knows the future of bitcoin and for how long it will stay with us. I think in this time it is better to invest as in gold as in bitcoin. Cause of bitcoin shows fast temps of grow and gold is more sure way for investment for hundreds of years already.
It is the right idea. As the saying goes, if I knew where you drop, you would put a pillow there. But to invest in bitcoin money, this kind of risk that can reward you very generously in the near future. But as for gold, this investment is very strong, despite fluctuations than precious metal.
hurain

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 05:56:08 AM

If we analyze the market of precious metals, the silver, unlike gold is really more stable, but if we talk about how things were to be between Bitcoin and gold, the unique gold will never lose its value. Let and be racing at several positions, but this fact does not change.
i think we are not going to comparing bitcoin and gold for its value, no doubt that gold is very stable as compare to bitcoin. but gold cannot give you as such profit that bitcoin can give you. so if we compare bitcoin and gold with respect to their profit generation, i think bitcoin is too good because there is always a big fluctuation in the price of bitcoin.
hawkins

Activity: 1204

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 07:16:47 AM

see the price of bitcoin today, makes me not want to take his eyes on other business. I think, bitcoin into a business the best of everything, even the gold. Well, gold may be very good for long term investment, but, by using bitcoin well, maybe the potential advantage that bitcoin, it is still better compared to gold.
Grdas130979

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

The truth is out there

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 07:19:35 AM

Many benefits in BTC comparing to gold as a store of value. Less cost of storage, transfer, invest etc

andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 09:15:22 AM

Bitcoin is a very easy choice for me since the price of gold does not seem to move that much these days, you can profit a lot more with bitcoin than with gold.

Well right now bitcoin is stagnant more than gold, and market volatility only bring more unnecessary randomness and high % of losses, you can trade with gold as bitcoin with high leverage, therefore you don't need high volatility

and with gold have higher leverage than bitcoin, at least this how it look on every exchange, you don't get more than 10x leverage for bitcoin
You are correct but it is not like we are going to move all our money from one market to the other just because a markets has been under performing for a few weeks, bitcoin presents more movement and with it more trade opportunities for those that are able to seize them.
We have to set goals and not just going with the flow. Not all money is advisable to put in trading, or else if the price goes down and you plan to sell then you have no choice but to cry. Both of them are good investment, better to have them both because they differ in any aspect. In any case, gold is as stable as bitcoin for now, but bitcoin has a lot more potential to earn more.
Not everyone has the money to invest on both at the same time so if you don’t have the money the best thing to do is to choose one and since this is a bitcoin forum the choice for most members here the choice is bitcoin.
NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 09:41:04 AM

Many benefits in BTC comparing to gold as a store of value. Less cost of storage, transfer, invest etc
I think both have different advantages. you can not say bitcoin has the advantage of being more. because gold also has many advantages that you do not know. The second characteristic of this investment is also different
Pages: « 1 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: