Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:51:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 [332] 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984414 times)
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 08:47:03 PM

Me too, I think the volatility of bitcoin makes people worry about it. I choose gold because it is always worth, but if in next ten years I see bitcoin price is rise high I would be regret.

But then, you will not regret if Bitcoin becomes worthless in the next few years. Bitcoins are always risky. You should not invest more than 1% of your net worth in the crypto-currency. If you want to invest more, then be ready to face the consequences.
how you can say that bitcoin is risky???, i think you do not know about bitcoin and you do not know about the profit of bitcoin you can check the price of bitcoin from 2009 and now check the current price of bitcoin then you would never say that bitcoin is risky.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
axorb

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 09:34:54 PM

Me too, I think the volatility of bitcoin makes people worry about it. I choose gold because it is always worth, but if in next ten years I see bitcoin price is rise high I would be regret.

But then, you will not regret if Bitcoin becomes worthless in the next few years. Bitcoins are always risky. You should not invest more than 1% of your net worth in the crypto-currency. If you want to invest more, then be ready to face the consequences.
how you can say that bitcoin is risky???, i think you do not know about bitcoin and you do not know about the profit of bitcoin you can check the price of bitcoin from 2009 and now check the current price of bitcoin then you would never say that bitcoin is risky.

Exactly bitcoin is growing and growing over a period of time and one can compare the current price of bitcoin to the price of last year and he will get his answer and I don't see any risk in investing in bitcoins as it will surely grow more in future so if you want to make best profits then you should invest huge capital to get maximum returns.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 11:03:23 PM

The idea of storing value hinges on the assumption of preserving value in bad times when virtually everything else crashes around you. Bitcoin is a good speculative tool without doubt, but whether it is a good store of value we can only find out in the times of real hardship

It has actually served very well for that purpose. I was speculating about a massive decline in the value of the EUR against USD, and it became reality. Back then I bought Bitcoin with my Euro's in the time that €1 was worth just over $1.3. It turned out to be not only a smart move in that regard, but it also turned out to be a great investment. That's why it feels fantastic when I cash out coins at current EUR/USD value. I'm in a very good position as it's basically a win win situation.
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 11:08:35 PM

Bitcoin is a very easy choice for me since the price of gold does not seem to move that much these days, you can profit a lot more with bitcoin than with gold.

Gold is good and it's price is getting higher in the long run but it sometimes fall depending on its market. The same as bitcoin but for me, it is still better to go with bitcoin as it is the one that I'm focusing right now even though I don't have enough time to be full time in it. Still a very good way of earning for just being a part timer.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 11:58:11 PM

Although currently bitcoin highly profitable, but the main priority of my investment is still gold. I think, gold never dark passage of time anyone can receive, so that made me not ever hesitate to make gold is number #1 investment.
I think it depends on your wish to invest if you want a quick profit. of course you may not choose gold because the gold it would take a long time to profit
Ipwich

Activity: 1050
Merit: 529

Student Coin

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 04:09:28 AM

Although currently bitcoin highly profitable, but the main priority of my investment is still gold. I think, gold never dark passage of time anyone can receive, so that made me not ever hesitate to make gold is number #1 investment.
I think it depends on your wish to invest if you want a quick profit. of course you may not choose gold because the gold it would take a long time to profit
Gold is a good investment, no question about that, it is more stable than bitcoin. But consider your capacity to invest, you cannot just easily afford to invest with gold and wait for longer years just to profit, you can do that when you are in the right level in your financial status.

While your capital is only limited, choose a more risky which is bitcoin, it can give us good profit though if it will succeed.

STUDENTCOIN

Powered by,
lol3c

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 06:45:40 AM

Gold is a good investment, no question about that, it is more stable than bitcoin. But consider your capacity to invest, you cannot just easily afford to invest with gold and wait for longer years just to profit, you can do that when you are in the right level in your financial status.

While your capital is only limited, choose a more risky which is bitcoin, it can give us good profit though if it will succeed.
If you decide to invest your money into something, first, you need to have a capital. And i do not think that investing in Bitcoin is riskier than gold. Gold is popular, but can you ensure that gold will rule the world in the next 20 or  30 years? Bitcoin and digital currencies are very potential because they are invulnerable, they are made on the computer with awesome algorithm and nothing can harm it
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 07:43:16 AM

Bitcoin is a very easy choice for me since the price of gold does not seem to move that much these days, you can profit a lot more with bitcoin than with gold.

Well right now bitcoin is stagnant more than gold, and market volatility only bring more unnecessary randomness and high % of losses, you can trade with gold as bitcoin with high leverage, therefore you don't need high volatility

and with gold have higher leverage than bitcoin, at least this how it look on every exchange, you don't get more than 10x leverage for bitcoin
markyminer

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 03:07:29 PM

i think investment in gold is a safe investment. fearless and low risk investment. but suit to those people who have more extra assets from their business. while bitcoin is no doubt a risky investment but in fact you can many money only when you will take risk. therefore bitcoin can give a good profit in a short time if the price of bitcoin is going up. and currently there is no doubt about this that the price of bitcoin is contentiously increasing.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 03:18:29 PM

If you decide to invest your money into something, first, you need to have a capital. And i do not think that investing in Bitcoin is riskier than gold. Gold is popular, but can you ensure that gold will rule the world in the next 20 or  30 years? Bitcoin and digital currencies are very potential because they are invulnerable, they are made on the computer with awesome algorithm and nothing can harm it

The same thing can be asked to you, can you assure that bitcoin will rule the world in the next 20 or 30 years? Personally, I wouldn't say "yes" to that question since the person asking might blame me when bitcoin's price goes down. 20/30 years is a huge time on the Internet. A lot of things would happen. The potential of something doesn't assure anything at all.

Bitcoins and other cryptocoin isn't that vulnerable since it's decentralized. But the Internet, which unlocked an ocean of information, can be the vulnerable part of bitcoins. Without the internet, there's no bitcoins.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 06:07:25 PM

The same thing can be asked to you, can you assure that bitcoin will rule the world in the next 20 or 30 years? Personally, I wouldn't say "yes" to that question since the person asking might blame me when bitcoin's price goes down. 20/30 years is a huge time on the Internet. A lot of things would happen. The potential of something doesn't assure anything at all.

Bitcoins and other cryptocoin isn't that vulnerable since it's decentralized. But the Internet, which unlocked an ocean of information, can be the vulnerable part of bitcoins. Without the internet, there's no bitcoins

This is not debatable

But, on the other hand, if Internet goes down, not only bitcoins will become useless but also a significant part of the economy which will heavily suffer too. I don't say that we will see a new Stone Age, but some parts of the world economy are not sustainable nowadays without Internet either. And in the coming years we will depend on it more and more. I'm not sure that there will come a day when the end of Internet may mean the end of days altogether (something like the day the Earth stood still), but we might be pretty close to that in the future

rchstr

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 06:20:58 PM

You think so? How many years has it been and yet it is still here. It goes from up and down and wont be taken down. The increase is so fast also than gold. So it is also faster to make money in just exchanging it back to your own currency and then to bitcoin. If you have been supporting it for a long time you might change your mind. Just stay for more months and then you will see.
Right. I'm taking bitcoin seriously, I have a regret every time I missed a single day using it. We can really earn real money with or without capital. But in gold, it is no possible to make a move like what bitcoin can. Only those have big money can buy gold.

yes investing for gold itself is not a good idea. bitcoin has a greater potential over gold in case of investment. but if you would just look at the large pictuce. investing on gold has something to do with a good marketing. like you can reproduce golds as jewelries and some other things that gold can do. you can earn if you just made a good quality of those or if you just market it right.
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 05:08:29 AM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.

I would rather to choose bitcoin if I am base it now in our generation, because gold is not that a big deal although gold is good anyhow, but when it comes to convenience to the community bitcoin is really the good one, due to its flexibility to any one, even in the businesses whether traditional, franchising, advertising, or online type of business.
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 05:45:31 AM

i think gold is more safe investment compared to bitcoins
but if you want to earn higher profit then bitcoins surely better than gold, with higher risk ofc

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 05:58:49 AM

i think gold is more safe investment compared to bitcoins
but if you want to earn higher profit then bitcoins surely better than gold, with higher risk ofc

Yes it is safer than bitcoin but you need to have a lot of gold in able to get profit from it and you need to take a lot of effort in growing it.

But with bitcoin as long as you know to grow it buy trading or you do have a lot of ways of earning with bitcoin then you're good.

And it has a lot more use.

zidanw

Activity: 1162
Merit: 258

1xbit.com

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 06:04:52 AM

I think gold has little risk and great for long-term investing, from some people argue that gold is a good investment for a future you. bitcoin has a big risk when it comes to investment but has a positive side in the future, many people think they boast cryptocurrency is the good currency in the future that could possibly replace fiat

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Ipwich

Activity: 1050
Merit: 529

Student Coin

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 07:30:34 AM

I think gold has little risk and great for long-term investing, from some people argue that gold is a good investment for a future you. bitcoin has a big risk when it comes to investment but has a positive side in the future, many people think they boast cryptocurrency is the good currency in the future that could possibly replace fiat
Well, that is already given, we know gold has less risk than bitcoin but we like bigger return and we can only get that investing with bitcoin. The risk is big but we are so optimistic that the price will grow and our investment will grow as well, we have to be open for possibilities as failure could also happen but the way the price move, there is more success than failure that will happen IMHO.

STUDENTCOIN