Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:46:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984414 times)
zagarcoin

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 08:22:24 AM

I believe in Bitcoin but for now there is only one that I would hope that Bitcoin because Bitcoin is growing very rapidly, in contrast to the gold price has gone down and over the last year.
lol3c

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 08:57:57 AM

Gold is the investment that everyone likes, I don't want to take the risk so that whatever happens I'll choose gold as the main investment choice.
That is because of the ignorance about Bitcoin. The number of people who know Bitcoin is still very small and there are still many other ignore Bitcoin although Bitcoin has been explained as a potential currency and type of investment. I have to admit that gold is safe for investing. But if you want to earn a good profit with your capital, you need to risk your money in Bitcoin.
tech_solutions

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 09:13:31 AM

Gold is the investment that everyone likes, I don't want to take the risk so that whatever happens I'll choose gold as the main investment choice.
That is because of the ignorance about Bitcoin. The number of people who know Bitcoin is still very small and there are still many other ignore Bitcoin although Bitcoin has been explained as a potential currency and type of investment. I have to admit that gold is safe for investing. But if you want to earn a good profit with your capital, you need to risk your money in Bitcoin.

Ya it is true that bitcoin has very good potential and if you are asking for investment purpose then right now situation is that investing in bitcoin is very good as we can get good appreciation of price in long term, but investing in gold is also not bad, my opinion is if you have big investment plan then go for both as both have their own features of investment benefits.
Mbah Slamet

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 01:48:32 PM

If I think, depending on the situation and conditions. We can't impose that gold will continue to improve. take a look at the gold price in the last year, is not very profitable. But if we save 1.000 btc that we bought last year, then we will become a millionaire today.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 03:03:50 PM

I actually think that gold is better than bitcoin. however, it is very difficult to get the gold, so I decided to look for bitcoin. perhaps, winning gold in the price, and long-term investment is excellent. but, with bitcoin, although we do not know if it's a good investment in the long term or not, you can still make bitcoin that you have become more the other way.
i think currently the price of bitcoin is double the price of gold. but still i am going trade bitcoin. because trading gold is only good for saving  as we can observe a very little change in the price of bitcoin, while trading bitcoin there are more chances to make a good profit because the price of bitcoin is increasing from time to time and hope that it will continue rising for along  time therefore we have good opportunity to make more money from investing in bitcoin.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 04:21:27 PM

I actually think that gold is better than bitcoin. however, it is very difficult to get the gold, so I decided to look for bitcoin. perhaps, winning gold in the price, and long-term investment is excellent. but, with bitcoin, although we do not know if it's a good investment in the long term or not, you can still make bitcoin that you have become more the other way.
i think currently the price of bitcoin is double the price of gold. but still i am going trade bitcoin. because trading gold is only good for saving  as we can observe a very little change in the price of bitcoin, while trading bitcoin there are more chances to make a good profit because the price of bitcoin is increasing from time to time and hope that it will continue rising for along  time therefore we have good opportunity to make more money from investing in bitcoin.

How did you come up that? One bitcoin compared to how many gold ounces/grams?

(Source: http://www.apmex.com/spotprices/gold-price)

Which one is the half of $1000 here? If you're going to say a portion of an ounce or a portion of a gram, then theoretically every single thing can be half of the price of bitcoin but only when you put it in small portions. And from the looks of it, the price of gold is actually moving quite good. The market is also the same as bitcoins when there's times that it's not moving that much like what's happening right now and there are times when the price is moving a lot. I think most markets that are being used globally are like this.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

hamiltonik

Activity: 121

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 04:32:42 PM

it is very difficult to get the gold

Where do you live? it's usually quite easy to buy gold bullion in most places.

I think it doesn't matter where we live in getting gold. Because for me, I can say that it is hard to get gold and those people who acquire gold are the only ones that are wealthy enough and can afford to buy it. I prefer to choose bitcoin because it is preferable and much easier to use and to acquire even you will small amount, you can have it.

Well if we are considering gold as an investment then it is not so difficult to buy gold nowadays. Especially if you have bitcoins then you can buy gold through the online broker such as 1broker. The only limitation is that you can't get it in psychical form by that way. You would be able to get gain out of price movements for your investment.

I prefer to buy Bitcoin. I can buy it very easily. But this is not the only reason for buying Bitcoins. I like the fact that he is constantly getting more expensive
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2017, 04:44:19 PM

I think it doesn't matter where we live in getting gold. Because for me, I can say that it is hard to get gold and those people who acquire gold are the only ones that are wealthy enough and can afford to buy it. I prefer to choose bitcoin because it is preferable and much easier to use and to acquire even you will small amount, you can have it.

Well if we are considering gold as an investment then it is not so difficult to buy gold nowadays. Especially if you have bitcoins then you can buy gold through the online broker such as 1broker. The only limitation is that you can't get it in psychical form by that way. You would be able to get gain out of price movements for your investment

If you went to a restaurant and the waiter offered you to buy a scent instead of real food (for the same price), would you agree to that?

Folks buy gold as a sort of "last resort" store of value that will never crash to the floor and will survive as a store of value whatever events are going to happen (nuclear holocaust, aliens invasion, etc). And when they buy gold, they assume that they will store in their own, personal vault. Paper gold simply doesn't cut it. If you want to speculate, gold is likely not the way to go. With Bitcoin, you have everything you might ever need for that (and yet more)

Other than that, all paper will burn eventually

manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 04:46:53 PM

Well if we are considering gold as an investment then it is not so difficult to buy gold nowadays. Especially if you have bitcoins then you can buy gold through the online broker such as 1broker. The only limitation is that you can't get it in psychical form by that way. You would be able to get gain out of price movements for your investment

If you went to a restaurant and the waiter offered you to buy a scent instead of real food (for the same price), would you agree to that?

Folks buy gold as a sort of "last resort" store of value that will never crash to the floor and will survive as a store of value whatever events are going to happen (nuclear holocaust, aliens invasion, etc). And when they buy gold, they assume that they will store in their own, personal vault. Paper gold simply doesn't cut it. If you want to speculate, gold is likely not the way to go. With Bitcoin, you have everything you might ever need for that (and yet more)

Indeed bitcoin is the best speculative asset, but im worried because of bitcoin unlimited, to hold long term.

If we want bitcoin to be a digital gold, we cannot be exposed to bitcoin unlimited type of attacks.

Nobody is going to trust it long term if hard forks happen which results in a split marketcap... its a disaster.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 05:19:35 PM

Ya it is true that bitcoin has very good potential and if you are asking for investment purpose then right now situation is that investing in bitcoin is very good as we can get good appreciation of price in long term, but investing in gold is also not bad, my opinion is if you have big investment plan then go for both as both have their own features of investment benefits.
If you currently see gold isn't a good option. The reason is if you want urgent cash it can sometimes be stressful to sell you gold if it has a high value like 200 grams i guess but if you compare that with bitcoin it is really easy to convert bitcoin to cash, easy in the sense that it isn't as stressful as gold.
And the price of bitcoin is currently growing mostly every week while gold is decreasing drastically.
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 06:54:02 PM

Well if we are considering gold as an investment then it is not so difficult to buy gold nowadays. Especially if you have bitcoins then you can buy gold through the online broker such as 1broker. The only limitation is that you can't get it in psychical form by that way. You would be able to get gain out of price movements for your investment.

I prefer to buy Bitcoin. I can buy it very easily. But this is not the only reason for buying Bitcoins. I like the fact that he is constantly getting more expensive
no doubt that bitcoin value is increasing from time to time and that is because the number of bitcoin users is increasing and therefore people are trading bitcoin because they are hopeful that the price price of bitcoin will increase more and more.
GMPoison

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 06:58:56 PM

I'm not sure that bitcoin fulfills everything that gold does, but I think silver rather than gold would be the way to go for diversification. Smaller denominations make silver easier to obtain and sell quickly. Sure some people that buy precious metals are conspiracy theorists and doomsday prepper's, but a lot of them also just own metals for diversification.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 08:40:20 PM

i agree with you bitcoin getting more expensive day by day because bitcoin adoption increasing too much faster and bitcoin price also increasing to higher value so i also interesting in bitcoin than gold.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2017, 08:46:55 PM

I'm not sure that bitcoin fulfills everything that gold does, but I think silver rather than gold would be the way to go for diversification. Smaller denominations make silver easier to obtain and sell quickly. Sure some people that buy precious metals are conspiracy theorists and doomsday prepper's, but a lot of them also just own metals for diversification.

But I never said that in the first place

I referred to speculation and profiteering as I specifically pointed out in my post. Some folks are claiming that Bitcoin is a good store of value. But that's outright bullshit if you ask me. They just don't know what a store of value basically means. It essentially means that whatever is used as such keeps its value when everything around crashes to dust and burns in flames. Now think how well Bitcoin cuts it as a store of value. Regarding silver, I'm strongly inclined to think that it is not any longer viable as a precious metal (at least, not more than, say, palladium)

GMPoison

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 09:36:22 PM

But I never said that in the first place

I referred to speculation and profiteering as I specifically pointed out in my post. Some folks are claiming that Bitcoin is a good store of value. But that's outright bullshit if you ask me. They just don't know what a store of value basically means. It essentially means that whatever is used as such keeps its value when everything around crashes to dust and burns in flames. Now think how well Bitcoin cuts it as a store of value. Regarding silver, I'm strongly inclined to think that it is not any longer viable as a precious metal (at least, not more than, say, palladium)

Sorry but I don't think it's controversial that bitcoin is not a good store of value. The price of bitcoin is no where near being stable enough for me to hold money as a store of value. For an investment? Of course! Bitcoin is on the up and up, a great investment if you ask me! However unlike an investment, a store of value is any form of wealth that maintains its value without depreciating, especially in the event of your 'burning in flames' example. Did gold and silver drop in price during the 2008 crash? Sure. Would bitcoin have had it been in existence? Most likely. Therefor, I don't think either one is necessarily "better" at "storing value" than the other, they both have their strengths and weaknesses, but my whole point is diversification. The main purpose of diversification isn't to make as much money as possible, or else gold and silver of course would be AWFUL decisions compared to bitcoin. If you were referring to an investment - which as I read back I now think you were - I'm sorry that I misunderstood as I too would recommend bitcoin over anything else for investing some money in.
JANGKRIK BOSS

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 01:23:25 AM

Current price of bitcoin has reached $1.000 it looks good and there is a trend to rise again, I will sell about 100 grams of gold mine to I traded bitcoin. hope I get lucky. I will see for a month, if the price reach $1,100 I will sell my bitcoin.
freedomgo
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1146

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 01:42:42 AM

Current price of bitcoin has reached $1.000 it looks good and there is a trend to rise again, I will sell about 100 grams of gold mine to I traded bitcoin. hope I get lucky. I will see for a month, if the price reach $1,100 I will sell my bitcoin.
You are making a timely decision, now is the right time to invest with bitcoin. Actually, if you are more risky, you can sell your house and use the proceeds to trade with bitcoin. That's risky but a person who gambles a lot can do it and will do it.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Huge Black Woman

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 01:45:44 AM

All you bitch-boys should'a stunk with bitcoin since 2014, when this here thread was created.  Shouldn't'a been blumped, but that anotha story.

Bitcoin all the way, muthafukkas!  Gold is nice as a rope aroun' mah neck an' on my big black fingas, but puttin' extra ducats inta it?  Hails to the no!  An' we kin revisit this thread in 2020 an' the answa is gon' be the same.
agamasrori

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 02:51:47 AM

That is good reason for invest in bitcoin. Some great people said that the price of bitcoin will rise until reach more than $3000. So I think it is good for choose bitcoin as investment.

▄
            ▄███▄
          ▄███████▄
   ▄▄▄    █
█████████
   ███
    ███████████▄
██    ████    ████████▄
      ████    ██████████
  ████    ████▀██████████
  ████    ██▀   ▀█████████▄
      █████       █████████▄
      ███▀         ▀████████
  ██████▀           ▀███████
  █████▀             ▀█████
   ████ █▄▄▄     ▄▄▄█ ████
    ███ ▀███████████▀ ███
     ▀▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
|●  facebook
●  reddit
●  ann thread
|
█ ██
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██

██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
██ █
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 06:09:11 AM

Bitcoin will always be a good investment for me rather in gold nowadays, if you are just going to check it out what is going on now in the value of bitcoin, its getting stronger and stronger, look at this link in bitcoinwisdom.com, It is really more than a gold for me especially the community o bitcoin are becoming more aggressive to buy it more and more.
Pages: « 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: