Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:06:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 460 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy Bitcoin, and HODL!  (Read 86964 times)
elisabetheva

Activity: 1708
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 05, 2020, 07:51:02 AM

Buy the dip cause it is an opportunity but be sure that the coin you are buying can easily recover when the market recovers, not those altcoins that when it dips it so hard for it to recover.
Buy and hold are the best investment. On the dip, we are able to buy more within our budget and we are able to hold it. After some days, we will be able to make good profit from it.

I continue to wait for the moment when market correct a bit as this gives us an opportunity to keep buying more for less price rather than other way round which people are doing and this helps me to see some of them quickly when it rises to book short term if I require money or else it is an good long term investment for me.

at this time it is very difficult to predict correctly, because it has been several months that the increase and decrease occurred very quickly and in a matter of days. so it is the right short-term investment to make and accelerate properly, when it goes down quickly buys and when it goes up sells it right away.
but the end of the year is approaching, usually it will recover steadily and will move for a long time so that long-term investment is very precise, because the predicted increase will occur in the next year.
lifeOK

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
October 05, 2020, 01:54:40 PM

Buy the dip cause it is an opportunity but be sure that the coin you are buying can easily recover when the market recovers, not those altcoins that when it dips it so hard for it to recover.
Buy and hold are the best investment. On the dip, we are able to buy more within our budget and we are able to hold it. After some days, we will be able to make good profit from it.

I continue to wait for the moment when market correct a bit as this gives us an opportunity to keep buying more for less price rather than other way round which people are doing and this helps me to see some of them quickly when it rises to book short term if I require money or else it is an good long term investment for me.

I discovered that you need to really study a coin daily as in constantly be watching its price so you get the opportunity and determine the right time to get in and exit point. In this game, I mean buy-sell you always have an exit strategy. One day you could be up but the next following day you may hit bottom. In crypto arena trend is the key!
Mahanton

Activity: 2744
Merit: 633

View Profile
October 05, 2020, 08:19:22 PM

I discovered that you need to really study a coin daily as in constantly be watching its price so you get the opportunity and determine the right time to get in and exit point. In this game, I mean buy-sell you always have an exit strategy. One day you could be up but the next following day you may hit bottom. In crypto arena trend is the key!
We do all have that the same target or goal on to know on when to exit and when to get it but meaning of on determining the precise time? No one can tell and thats why its always a challenge
 for us to deal with this market due to its behavior when it comes to volatility or moving prices but somehow due to experience and knowledge we do able to create various strategies and ways
on how to deal with it.Even though it wont be precise but somehow it is much better option rather than doing blind entries or exits at all. Buy every dip isnt really suggested for alts.
I would rather consider this move in Btc and top ranking alts rather than going into the below ground.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10396

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 05, 2020, 08:49:51 PM

We do all have that the same target or goal on to know on when to exit and when to get it but meaning of on determining the precise time? No one can tell and thats why its always a challenge
 for us to deal with this market due to its behavior when it comes to volatility or moving prices but somehow due to experience and knowledge we do able to create various strategies and ways
on how to deal with it.Even though it wont be precise but somehow it is much better option rather than doing blind entries or exits at all. Buy every dip isnt really suggested for alts.
I would rather consider this move in Btc and top ranking alts rather than going into the below ground.

Funny how many times that various posters such as Windfury and I repeat that this thread is not about buying shitcoins and it is not about attempting to time the market.

When in doubt buy bitcoin, whether it dips or NOT and of course, it is better to attempt to buy on dips, but just buying BTC on a regular basis remains better than waiting attempting to time the market and not buying enough BTC in order to feel comfortably prepared for UP.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2020, 11:40:00 PM

What happen when the dip get dipper? The best thing is to look for change in of momentum in the market before buying the dip unless those who want to HODL for long  let says months or years. As a trader, it might not augur well.

Anyone getting in BTC would likely be well served by treating it as at least a 4 year investment, and even better if they have a longer investment time horizon, such as 10 to 20 years.

One of the best ways to make any investment is to employ dollar cost averaging techniques, and even if a person might be front loading the investment because they want to get at a certain target investment portfolio, such as having bitcoin serve as 1% of the value of the portfolio 10% or some other target accumulation amount.

So whoever is investing and attempting to reach target positions is mostly aiming at accumulating over a period of time, and of course, if they can buy some of their BTC at a lower price 10%, 20% or 50% lower, then they can accumulate more BTC, but with BTC we cannot be assured that any such dips are going to take place from whatever price point we happen to be at.

So, buying on dips can account for accumulating a bit more BTC over time, but sometimes, it is better just to make sure to get in and stop trying to worry whether you got 1 BTC for your $11k or you were able to get 1.3BTC because the price dropped 30%.

Another thing is that a person might come to BTC and they may or may not have any lump sums that they can necessarily sit on.

Therefore, if you know that you are earning a certain amount of money, but maybe you only have $100 per week extra that you might be able to spend on BTC.  You may decide to invest $50 every week on BTC no matter what, and then let the other $50 accumulate until you are comfortable buying on dips. 

After 6 months, maybe you have an extra $1,300 that has accumulated because you are waiting for dips that have not happened, and maybe you have to consider whether your reserves of cash are growing too big, or whether you are willing to continue to allow that fiat to accumulate and not to be invested in BTC at the current prices (or otherwise tweak you buying price points - quanties of buys or incremental buy spreads). 

There are ways to strategize and to plan out these kinds of BTC price points and amounts in ways that are comfortable for you and your particular situation and just to allocate that value to just buy at certain price points that you have decided in advance, if the BTC price were to reach those various dip price points.  Each of us have to establish those price points for ourselves, and my personal philosophy is to structure my reserve fiat so that I am able to keep buying if the BTC price keeps going down (so that I do not tend to run out of money, and if I do run out of money then I just HODL.. or wait for more cashflow to come in), so I have to project and budget how many dollars that I have to buy at various price points, and if more cash comes in, then I will divide that new cash up into portions that I buy some BTC right away and other portions that I plug into my reserves that are used to buy more BTC at various price points that I have already pre-established, and since I have come across new cash, I can either increase the amounts of BTC that I buy at each price point, or I can choose to dedicate some of that new money towards buying lower, in case that the BTC price goes to those lower prices.   

When I set my low buy points, I also have to feel comfortable enough that the BTC price may NOT necessarily go down to those price points and I need to feel comfortable with not necessarily filling those orders... and part of the way of feeling comfortable is to feel comfortable with the amount of BTC that I have been regularly accumulating and the longer that I have been accumulating the more comfortable I become with the whole BTC accumulation matter, presuming that with the longer passage of time, my BTC has increasingly built up and hopefully moved into decent amounts of overall profits (and likely the longer in, the more likely that the profits are greater - not guaranteed, of course, but has historically been the case).

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 05:53:56 PM

What happen when the dip get dipper? The best thing is to look for change in of momentum in the market before buying the dip unless those who want to HODL for long  let says months or years. As a trader, it might not augur well.

Anyone getting in BTC would likely be well served by treating it as at least a 4 year investment, and even better if they have a longer investment time horizon, such as 10 to 20 years.

One of the best ways to make any investment is to employ dollar cost averaging techniques, and even if a person might be front loading the investment because they want to get at a certain target investment portfolio, such as having bitcoin serve as 1% of the value of the portfolio 10% or some other target accumulation amount.

So whoever is investing and attempting to reach target positions is mostly aiming at accumulating over a period of time, and of course, if they can buy some of their BTC at a lower price 10%, 20% or 50% lower, then they can accumulate more BTC, but with BTC we cannot be assured that any such dips are going to take place from whatever price point we happen to be at.

So, buying on dips can account for accumulating a bit more BTC over time, but sometimes, it is better just to make sure to get in and stop trying to worry whether you got 1 BTC for your $11k or you were able to get 1.3BTC because the price dropped 30%.

What he is saying, in my opinion, has less to do with waiting for lower prices and more to do with waiting for ideal momentum. It's not that "the dip might go deeper so you should always wait to buy lower." It's more that it's prudent to buy into weak selling momentum (indicating accumulation and expected bullish reversal) rather than simply buying at random, or buying early into a crash where you can reasonably expect lower prices in the short term.

I don't think DCA implies you shouldn't put any thought whatsoever into entries. I think both investors and traders (and everyone in between) should make some effort to avoid drawdowns. Drawdowns, especially ones that are deep and long term, can lead to bad emotional decisions and capitulation. It's also just not a very efficient use of a capital.

If you see another bubble and pop like December 2017, does it make sense to immediately buy into the market? Of course not. Your money is better off elsewhere, likely for a couple years. That doesn't mean a 5-year investment timeline won't work out just fine in terms of achieving positive ROI. But it may not be the best plan either.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 06:48:51 PM

What he is saying, in my opinion, has less to do with waiting for lower prices and more to do with waiting for ideal momentum.

Sure, that is a fair interpretation, and you likely realize that I don't agree with that way of thinking or that approach to investing - even though of course, there are a decent number of people who think and invest like that. 

Even though I tend to advocate for some variation of my approach, I don't necessarily expect people are going to agree, and surely in the end, as long as they are accounting for a the various factors of their own circumstances, then hopefully they will learn along the way and tweak along the way, if they believe that they need to adjust their approach.

It's not that "the dip might go deeper so you should always wait to buy lower." It's more that it's prudent to buy into weak selling momentum (indicating accumulation and expected bullish reversal) rather than simply buying at random, or buying early into a crash where you can reasonably expect lower prices in the short term.

Sure.  You and I have been back and forth about this quite a bit, and I frequently proclaim that it is difficult as fuck for even expert studiers of the space and BTC price dynamics to recognize these kinds of factors, so the vast majority of folks are likely not really going to know if they are buying into selling momentum, big dips or small dips or whatever is going on.. even if they might develop hunches around such dynamics.

A vast majority of time, it seems better to establish some kind of system that allows for both buying regularly and maybe structuring various dip points that are largely comfortable and can be tweaked from time to time based on the variety of personal circumstances.

I don't think DCA implies you shouldn't put any thought whatsoever into entries.

I am not saying that, either.. .but with bitcoin, you should also NOT be getting too worked up about having had bought BTC all the way from $19,666 to $11k and some of your purchased BTC happen to be in the red... In the end, who fucking cares?  You cannot necessarily know.. and after a decent amount of time investing in BTC on a regular basis, it still remains quite likely that you should be in profits with the longer passage of time... and likely in a better position than if fucking around with trying to time matters and just getting stressed out about it. 

So, ultimately a combination of both could be helpful if the person has enough cashflow.  So yeah, having $100 per week (as I mentioned in my earlier post) that is able to be invested into BTC is a decently sized cashflow that could allow for some flexibility in using some amounts to buy regularly (such as half) and the other amounts to attempt to be strategic about those buy price points.

Some people might not have $100 per week, and they might have only $10 per week.  They could still attempt to do the same thing by dividing half and half, but they may have to figure out some other method of maybe buying once a month rather than once a week.. and surely the smaller amounts allow for lower amounts of value to work with in regards to being able to lump sum invest parts of their cashflow, too.

Of course, if someone has higher amounts of cash, even $250 per week or higher amounts, then they are going to have more options, and frequently those higher cashflow folks may have better ideas about how to manage their investment, than someone who may be struggling a bit more with lower cashflows and likely getting more enticed into taking gambling approaches rather than exercising more prudent investment and portfolio management strategies that I tend to argue that dollar cost averaging tends to better facilitate more prudence rather than by trying to time the market through gambling techniques that may or may not be prudent depending on how much of a cashflow that is available to such hypothetical investor(s).

I think both investors and traders (and everyone in between) should make some effort to avoid drawdowns. Drawdowns, especially ones that are deep and long term, can lead to bad emotional decisions and capitulation. It's also just not a very efficient use of a capital.

We can agree to disagree, no?  I think that in regards to bitcoin (our lil buddy) the efficiency can work itself out with a long enough investment strategy that largely just mostly engages in DCA strategies that attempt to accumulate and focus on accumulating BTC on a regular and ongoing basis.. and sure short-term it might not seem that such system has been being very efficient, but if someone ends up engaging in a longer term investment approach to BTC such as 7 years or longer, the numbers will likely start to work themselves out in favorable ways - even though with any investment, including BTC, there are no guarantees.. so in that regard, prudence in the amount may help to alleviate feelings of anxiety in regards to whether the investment in BTC is performing well or not in the shorter term.

Again, see the linked website regarding DCA into BTC over the past  7 years with a $10 per week approach that compares gold and equities.  You can adjust the timeframes and/or amounts to see how historical BTC price performance would have varied in comparison to gold and equities.

If you see another bubble and pop like December 2017, does it make sense to immediately buy into the market? Of course not. Your money is better off elsewhere, likely for a couple years. That doesn't mean a 5-year investment timeline won't work out just fine in terms of achieving positive ROI. But it may not be the best plan either.

If someone has a $10k investment portfolio with $1k invested into BTC and $9k invested in various other assets, then maybe they do not need to worry very much because they have a meaningful stake in BTC.. whether it is enough to make a difference or not might be another story.. But, sure, they are already in and if they just let the market ride itself out then if they continue to buy $10 per week or whatever, may not really make a BIG difference.

If someone has zero invested BTC, then they decide to wait, that is on them.   I do not suggest waiting.  I suggest getting the fuck into bitcoin with some reasonable amount that is comfortable for the person that is 1% to 10% of their investment portfolio and then sure they can tweak according to their circumstances.  Invest for 4 years or longer, and if your time line is shorter than 4 years, then you might need to reconsider whether to invest in BTC at all or merely to adjust some of the numbers to fit your shorter time horizon which involves more gambling tendencies - and I am not in the business of recommending gambling approaches to BTC investing... but hey, that is just me.. attempting to presume a 4 year or longer investment timeline and to work from there.. and if people cannot do that, then maybe they should not be listening to what I have to say... or they can attempt to tweak what I say to their personal circumstances... adjusting various parts to attempt to make it work for their personal circumstances and that surely involved figuring out cashflow, other investments, view of bitcoin compared with other investments, risk tolerance, timeline, and time, skills and abilities to plan, learn along the way, tweak their strategies including reallocating and deciding whether or not to include trading within their portfolio management and investment approach... 

Wind_FURY (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1839

View Profile
October 09, 2020, 08:31:07 AM

This post was made years before I started buying Bitcoin, but to post something like this before 2017, he must be a crazy sonofabitch. I say that with respect and endearment.

Hal Finny,

"What dip"? Cool

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Marina5

Activity: 439
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 09, 2020, 05:35:03 PM

Price is already starting to rise. We shouldn't sell now because price will hit a big amount very soon. So, we should buy more and hold for future profit.

══════════════☛MEGATRON☚═════════════
THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION
-CryptoViking-

Activity: 378
Merit: 335

https://t.me/CRYPTOVlKING

View Profile
October 09, 2020, 08:31:14 PM

Price is already starting to rise. We shouldn't sell now because price will hit a big amount very soon. So, we should buy more and hold for future profit.

This is how new people start. Price is rising now it looks good, so let's buy more now. So called FOMO.

You should have a plan and then follow it, learn more first before acting based on emotions like this.

Read this topic in entirety and check what @Wind_FURY and @JayJuanGee are talking about, it is a chance to learn. I lurk this topic religiously and don't write, simply because I believe I have much less to write about here then I have to read about.

And just to add something, to be clear, by no means am I a measure of an kind, form or shape of anything.
buwaytress
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 3529

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
October 10, 2020, 06:08:19 PM

This is how new people start. Price is rising now it looks good, so let's buy more now. So called FOMO.

You should have a plan and then follow it, learn more first before acting based on emotions like this.

Read this topic in entirety and check what @Wind_FURY and @JayJuanGee are talking about, it is a chance to learn. I lurk this topic religiously and don't write, simply because I believe I have much less to write about here then I have to read about.

And just to add something, to be clear, by no means am I a measure of an kind, form or shape of anything.

Happened yesterday too (or day before, can't recall well) on futures. People saw stocks being bought up at bargain prices, and they saw how Bitcoin's been correlating well, so they piled on the orders on Bitcoin futures too. And then believing that they were embarking on some kind of misled strategy.

It's okay to do that too, but important to recognise when we're acting on sentiment and emotion and not confused that this leads to a sell, for profit or loss, not for delayed gratification.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
... LIVECASINO.io    Play Live Games with up to 20% cashback!...██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 10, 2020, 09:39:48 PM

what coin are you talking about ? you better say a name because there are coins that are growing non stop like btc but there are those that already stop pumping or in short they have died already .

for the majority of crypto , saying that they start to rise now sounds bad because its like your only after on the price increase but you dont appreciate thier down side

. a true crypto believer wont think of that but they should buy and hold without questioning the coin or invest on any condition .
Wulan_maniez

Activity: 840
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 01:34:07 PM

Holding Bitcoin for a long time will not disappoint if we sell it when the selling price has increased. From year to year, the price of bitcoin has been getting higher since its inception in 2011, we know the price was still $31 and now we are waiting for the ATH price of bitcoin, whether it’s 2021, 2022, or 2023, who knows.

/font]
Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 08:55:41 PM

Holding Bitcoin for a long time will not disappoint if we sell it when the selling price has increased. From year to year, the price of bitcoin has been getting higher since its inception in 2011, we know the price was still $31 and now we are waiting for the ATH price of bitcoin, whether it’s 2021, 2022, or 2023, who knows.

The future of Bitcoin is still a secret, but the mass adoption is clear for Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies,
this is what makes me excited for a long-term HODL bitcoin, just like you,
2021-2023 might be the price of bitcoin to be the highest, hope can be true

Wind_FURY (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2020, 10:45:59 AM

Less and less miner sell-pressure, because of Gray Scale's quarterly increase of whole purchases.

Have we seen the last of the dips/crashes below $10,000? I believe, "Buy every dip, and HODL", will become, "Buy NOW, and HODL". Cool

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
gaston castano

Activity: 1526
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 06:28:34 AM

if you are given the opportunity to buy the price at the bottom, then that is a good opportunity,
because the increase will occur if there is strong support, make sure you don't use all of your capital,
and you can share it to buy altcoins in the dip

the problem is no one really knows if it has dropped to the bottom, for example the btc price fell from 15k to 12k, some people suggest that it has gone to the bottom and will bounce back but in fact it is still initially down again to the 10k range, so you have to prepare money or a strategy when the price goes down you buy and expect the price to fall again and will buy back at the next decline, at least it might be more useful.

I agree with you, it will be difficult to predict especially if we only have a little money and buy when the price is still going down again.
however, having the most capital will benefit the most here.
3meek

Activity: 2436
Merit: 682

God, save BTC!

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 03:09:41 PM

if you are given the opportunity to buy the price at the bottom, then that is a good opportunity,
because the increase will occur if there is strong support, make sure you don't use all of your capital,
and you can share it to buy altcoins in the dip

the problem is no one really knows if it has dropped to the bottom, for example the btc price fell from 15k to 12k, some people suggest that it has gone to the bottom and will bounce back but in fact it is still initially down again to the 10k range, so you have to prepare money or a strategy when the price goes down you buy and expect the price to fall again and will buy back at the next decline, at least it might be more useful.

I agree with you, it will be difficult to predict especially if we only have a little money and buy when the price is still going down again.
however, having the most capital will benefit the most here.

Probably the most important thing here is not a strategy, but a time frame, within which you are ready to hold your bitcoins!
Suppose that you bought a bitcoin now at 13K... Do you have enough patience to sell it at 15K in a few years? Especially if it goes down to 7K a few times...
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 03:37:58 PM

I wonder how much could a person have gain if they had done it from the very start and I think it is risky to do now.
But if you are one who truly believes that Bitcoin could hit $100k in the future or more then it could be worth it for you guys but always remember that invest only what you could afford to lose.
I plan on doing an investment plan like daily investment with x amount of dollar or maybe weekly or monthly but this could also be a good one.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 04:24:57 AM

I wonder how much could a person have gain if they had done it from the very start and I think it is risky to do now.
But if you are one who truly believes that Bitcoin could hit $100k in the future or more then it could be worth it for you guys but always remember that invest only what you could afford to lose.
I plan on doing an investment plan like daily investment with x amount of dollar or maybe weekly or monthly but this could also be a good one.

You can go back historically and look at what would have happened if you had invested a set amount; however, the dcabtc website only allows you to go back 9 years - but still shows stupendous profits for that period in BTC.. especially compared with other investments such as gold and stocks.

Wind_FURY (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2020, 09:36:27 AM

The risk was extensively HIGHER 10 years ago, because no one knew what Bitcoin was, is going to be, or if there was going to be users, or if it actually was going to be useful.

Plus think of 10 years ago, who was this Satoshi Nakamoto? No one knew. "Was he a scammer?" Hahaha.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 460 »
  Print  

Jump to: