Bitcoin Forum
May 16, 2024, 09:27:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 [369] 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 ... 424 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 80673 times)
Barikui1

Activity: 210
Merit: 137

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 07:18:35 AM

To me I actually think that having an investment goal is quite appropriate because as common man that just want to secure his or her future true Bitcoin, he just have to accumulate Bitcoin true the DCA method still he is satisfied with his or her current holdings, so when that target is met, the next question he should be asking himself is when is he willing to sell, like the numbers of years he is willing to hold or the amount he would be selling if the price of the asset in his possession reach that particular amount, so to me, investment goal should be made a priority, like if you are buying Bitcoin for retirement purpose, it's still good, as long as you have a specific goal in mind, because not having a specific goal in mind sometimes makes you act confused concerning your investment sometimes, because you don't have a specific vision before investing.
Before investing in Bitcoin we need to have a specific goal and plan. For example suppose many people invest in such a way that they want to invest weekly or deposit bitcoins and there are many people who want to deposit bitcoins monthly even their amount of money is different. Everyone's Bitcoin investment plan is different, some may want to deposit more bitcoins and some may deposit less bitcoins. I think those who don't have a specific goal or plan about their investments are either haphazard and can break or sell their investments at any time.

So before we invest we need to focus the goal and set a specific time frame for how many years we will hold our investment and accumulate bitcoins accordingly. If we can set a specific time frame for our bitcoin deposits and keep depositing bitcoins every month or week accordingly, maybe our investment will gradually increase and we will be able to reach our specific goal.
Planning with a clear vision is easy but implementation is difficult because there are many things involved in the money you earn.But DCA strategy for depositing bitcoin is very easy to implement on daily or weekly or monthly basis. The desired investment success from bitcoin depends on proper and well thought out planning. Long-term investment planning is the key to bitcoin success.

That's why it's very important to have a clear goal in mind before venturing into Bitcoin investment because their are so many things that needs to be in place strategically for you to be able to hold effectively, something like having an emergency fund and also having a source of income so as to be able to sorts out your pressing financial needs, and you wouldn't have to look at your investment at any pressing financial issues, because while Investment is a different thing, holding on to your investment is another thing altogether, so it's very important you prepare for the unforseen circumstances that may affect your investment in one way or the other,  so not having an investment goal is not a nice thing as an investor that intends to be successful.

Winterfrost

Activity: 613
Merit: 135

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 08:57:17 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Exactly, when you sell and indeed to buy back at a cheaper price you might end up not buying back because of so many reasons, which we cannot predict the outcome of what would happen by tomorrow. If you sell to buy back, it destabilize the purpose of investing and increasing your bitcoin portfolio. Patient does not have any role to okay here, because you are waiting for a time that you don't know when the price will dip for you to buy back, and you keep waiting hodling fiat that is depreciating in value.
 yeah alot of users are used to such act selling from their bitcoin holding with the mindset of replacing it , one thing you should be Aware of is that most time you won't have that privileged to buy it back that same price or cheaper price ( if one wanted to replace back) , like for instance now alot of users bought bitcoin during the time Bitcoin price was Around $10k , alot of users sold from their holding with the mindset of replacing it back, at the same ( they brought it)  or much lower price, but look at now bitcoin already around $70k and alot of people who sold like $500 worth of Bitcoin during $10k which would be 0.5 BTC . And lateron replace it back ( with $500,) during the price range of $60k which would give that same individual 0.0083333 BTC . You can see the great different. That's why not advisable to keep withdrawing from your investment even one having such mindset of selling with replacing it back .and we are all aware that those that started their bitcoin accummulation would be in more advantage's than those that invested now .

That is a fair example, except your math is wrong for the guy who sold 0.05 BTC at $10k (which is the equivalent of $500) in order to buy back cheaper, but he was not successful.

Another example of recent times is that there were probably plenty of guys selling on the way up from  $27k to $50k, and they were expecting to be able to buy back cheaper, and they may well not get any opportunities to buy back for cheaper than they sold, and at some point they may well have to suck it up since patience is not likely going to be enough to actually get an opportunity.

that's another factor most persons that sell for the purpose of buying back don't always put into consideration. What's the possibility that Bitcoin would ever get low to the amount you've sold your holding? The reality is that at some point, you will get to understand that it's not always about being patient enough till Bitcoin dips down so you can buy back. Their are past prices that Bitcoin will never go back to and those that sold at those price with the purpose of buying back might have probably realized that it's not realistic for them to buy back at the level of dip they had speculated while they sold part of thier holdings and would just have to buy at the current price with future bullish period in mind and never consider that they've loosed in their strategy to buying back at the DIP.

One of the main issues with selling to buying back in the future dips is that you don't know when to expect the dip and can't tell how long you have to wait before it dips below the amount you've sold part of your bitcoin and with a lots of uncertainties that's associated with it, selling to buy back might in most cases not end well.
Earlier this year when the price was revolving around $40k, somany might have been between two opinions of either selling or to continue stacking and those that might have probably sold at those price with the intent of buying back are obviously in the position where they are damn uncertain whether or not Bitcoin will dips back to $40k. And converting your Bitcoin to fiat comes with another issue you have to put into consideration like if your fiat that's now in a centralized system and subject to tax and other regulations would be in good shape for a longer period of time if you necessarily have to stay for months before you will be able to buy back. and believe me that it will get to a point when we will be certain that such a scenario may never happen which means that we can't buy back at the price we sold our Bitcoin.

ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1230

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2024, 10:31:44 AM

We invest in Bitcoin and many use a variety of strategies. My strategy is that I split the hold into two sections. And the first hold is until the 2028-2032 halving (more likely longer if needed), and my second hold is for every halving bull run. I am thinking of keeping the hold which I have followed the DCA method till the year (2028-2032) of course. This is how I plan my investment strategy according to the road map.
Well... your strategy for investing in Bitcoin is commendable and timely. This method seems to keep your investment safe enough. You have opted for holding and DCAing bitcoins at the same time. Originally the subject of this thread was arranged like this and everyone is trying to arrange their strategies in the same way. One thing to consider here is that only those who have a lot of money will go for these two strategies. Most investors may prefer long-term holdings because Bitcoin is the most rational and diversified investment.

If I had a lot of money like you I would buy the dips now and hold it until 2028 or more (based on price), and secondly the DCAing strategies at monthly basis it would continue till 2030 (if there is no special need). At this moment I'm only concentrating on DCAing and meeting my overall needs. I have no regrets because I will not do anything beyond my financial means. Although Bitcoin's holdings are preferred.
While investing it is important that we should consider our financial means and stay within our reach. If we follow those that have more financial means than us and invest to the extent that they are investing, we might run into trouble and it is not sustainable that way. It is very important that we don't compare our investment portfolio with others. It is better to buy small and hold for a long term, than going out of your means and buy big of which you cannot sustain, which you will eventually sell off at loss due to the fact that you are in financial pressure.

Exactly we need to consider our financial capabilities so that we could able to asses each situation we are trying to do and we will not exceed to our limit that can possibly cause a failure. That's why its good for investor to know the size of the amount he can afford to spend so that he will not be bothered by other thing like his responsibilities in real life. Its really important that they should not look at other people investment since there capabilities is not the same, they should focus on their investment and how they can possibly earn more so that they can add up some amount when they have extra money that they are willing to spend to increase the volume of their bitcoin investment.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Obim34

Activity: 252
Merit: 225

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 11:46:05 AM

To me I actually think that having an investment goal is quite appropriate because as common man that just want to secure his or her future true Bitcoin, he just have to accumulate Bitcoin true the DCA method still he is satisfied with his or her current holdings, so when that target is met, the next question he should be asking himself is when is he willing to sell, like the numbers of years he is willing to hold or the amount he would be selling if the price of the asset in his possession reach that particular amount, so to me, investment goal should be made a priority, like if you are buying Bitcoin for retirement purpose, it's still good, as long as you have a specific goal in mind, because not having a specific goal in mind sometimes makes you act confused concerning your investment sometimes, because you don't have a specific vision before investing.
Before investing in Bitcoin we need to have a specific goal and plan. For example suppose many people invest in such a way that they want to invest weekly or deposit bitcoins and there are many people who want to deposit bitcoins monthly even their amount of money is different. Everyone's Bitcoin investment plan is different, some may want to deposit more bitcoins and some may deposit less bitcoins. I think those who don't have a specific goal or plan about their investments are either haphazard and can break or sell their investments at any time.

So before we invest we need to focus the goal and set a specific time frame for how many years we will hold our investment and accumulate bitcoins accordingly. If we can set a specific time frame for our bitcoin deposits and keep depositing bitcoins every month or week accordingly, maybe our investment will gradually increase and we will be able to reach our specific goal.
Planning with a clear vision is easy but implementation is difficult because there are many things involved in the money you earn.But DCA strategy for depositing bitcoin is very easy to implement on daily or weekly or monthly basis. The desired investment success from bitcoin depends on proper and well thought out planning. Long-term investment planning is the key to bitcoin success.

That's why it's very important to have a clear goal in mind before venturing into Bitcoin investment because their are so many things that needs to be in place strategically for you to be able to hold effectively, something like having an emergency fund and also having a source of income so as to be able to sorts out your pressing financial needs, and you wouldn't have to look at your investment at any pressing financial issues, because while Investment is a different thing, holding on to your investment is another thing altogether, so it's very important you prepare for the unforseen circumstances that may affect your investment in one way or the other,  so not having an investment goal is not a nice thing as an investor that intends to be successful.
It is good we understand and emulate every basic knowledge required to sustain our Bitcoin investment, the knowledge isn't something difficult to comprehend but still most people decides to neglect the facts on how the system operates. Along the whole process of making Bitcoin Investment, if not for how hard it is to earn money to be able to invest, I would have said the purchasing aspect of investment is the most easy phase, it gets more harder after purchasing Bitcoin, holding to one's portfolio despite the ups and down, the DIP and being so much composed not to tamper with the investment in order to solve certain problems. Rules and guidelines have now been placed to help every investor as to continue holding and not selling too quickly, the laid measure is directly on having emergency and reserve funds, this will serve as an important option to counter the mindest of selling.

We invest in Bitcoin and many use a variety of strategies. My strategy is that I split the hold into two sections. And the first hold is until the 2028-2032 halving (more likely longer if needed), and my second hold is for every halving bull run. I am thinking of keeping the hold which I have followed the DCA method till the year (2028-2032) of course. This is how I plan my investment strategy according to the road map.
Well... your strategy for investing in Bitcoin is commendable and timely. This method seems to keep your investment safe enough. You have opted for holding and DCAing bitcoins at the same time. Originally the subject of this thread was arranged like this and everyone is trying to arrange their strategies in the same way. One thing to consider here is that only those who have a lot of money will go for these two strategies. Most investors may prefer long-term holdings because Bitcoin is the most rational and diversified investment.

If I had a lot of money like you I would buy the dips now and hold it until 2028 or more (based on price), and secondly the DCAing strategies at monthly basis it would continue till 2030 (if there is no special need). At this moment I'm only concentrating on DCAing and meeting my overall needs. I have no regrets because I will not do anything beyond my financial means. Although Bitcoin's holdings are preferred.
While investing it is important that we should consider our financial means and stay within our reach. If we follow those that have more financial means than us and invest to the extent that they are investing, we might run into trouble and it is not sustainable that way. It is very important that we don't compare our investment portfolio with others. It is better to buy small and hold for a long term, than going out of your means and buy big of which you cannot sustain, which you will eventually sell off at loss due to the fact that you are in financial pressure.

Exactly we need to consider our financial capabilities so that we could able to asses each situation we are trying to do and we will not exceed to our limit that can possibly cause a failure. That's why its good for investor to know the size of the amount he can afford to spend so that he will not be bothered by other thing like his responsibilities in real life. Its really important that they should not look at other people investment since there capabilities is not the same, they should focus on their investment and how they can possibly earn more so that they can add up some amount when they have extra money that they are willing to spend to increase the volume of their bitcoin investment.
The DCA strategy is also there to help investors understands that how large or little one's pocket is does not hinder one from owning even little fractions of Bitcoin.  The DCA helps to regulate the amount of money to be invested, so we do not go broke and begin finding ways to tamper our investment. DCA acknowledges purchasing at what we can afford at regular intervals that after all set/dones we still have enough to care for our daily living .

Dailyscript

Activity: 182
Merit: 112

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 11:46:32 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Winterfrost (1)

There is no investment without a goal. This is because goals help to make inclined decisions so that an investor can achieve the mark. Investing without a goal in mind is really problematic and i will tell you why.

Each time an investor starts an investment without a goal in mind. It will be difficult to adjust to reduce exposure to risk. Of course there is this risk appetite that comes in between our investment period where we think of taking more risk so that we can increase our portfolio. Without a target we would consider taking those risks but when we have a goal in mind we won't because we do not want to hinder the plans made to meet our goal.

Also, not having a goal in mind can bring about indiscipline, unfocus, and the anxiety to start tempering our investment when there is a little profit. Life events cannot be stopped, sometimes it triggers investors to take some profit out of their investment which will affect the portfolio. But for an investor with a goal it cant affect your investment. This is because you will take the money from your savings or emergency fund. Having a goal in mind keeps you prepared for your savings and emergency fund on the line so that when unknowingly things happen you wont be left with no choice to dip hands into your investment

Callido

Activity: 18
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 12:16:07 PM

That's why it's very important to have a clear goal in mind before venturing into Bitcoin investment because their are so many things that needs to be in place strategically for you to be able to hold effectively, something like having an emergency fund and also having a source of income so as to be able to sorts out your pressing financial needs, and you wouldn't have to look at your investment at any pressing financial issues, because while Investment is a different thing, holding on to your investment is another thing altogether, so it's very important you prepare for the unforseen circumstances that may affect your investment in one way or the other,  so not having an investment goal is not a nice thing as an investor that intends to be successful.
There is no investment without a goal. This is because goals help to make inclined decisions so that an investor can achieve the mark. Investing without a goal in mind is really problematic and i will tell you why.

Each time an investor starts an investment without a goal in mind. It will be difficult to adjust to reduce exposure to risk. Of course there is this risk appetite that comes in between our investment period where we think of taking more risk so that we can increase our portfolio. Without a target we would consider taking those risks but when we have a goal in mind we won't because we do not want to hinder the plans made to meet our goal.

Also, not having a goal in mind can bring about indiscipline, unfocus, and the anxiety to start tempering our investment when there is a little profit. Life events cannot be stopped, sometimes it triggers investors to take some profit out of their investment which will affect the portfolio. But for an investor with a goal it cant affect your investment. This is because you will take the money from your savings or emergency fund. Having a goal in mind keeps you prepared for your savings and emergency fund on the line so that when unknowingly things happen you wont be left with no choice to dip hands into your investment
Goals are essential, when it comes to investing not alone Bitcoin. The first thing we have to consider during Bitcoin investment is setting a budget, this is called placing our goals and we should be able to emphasize our interest on achieving all of it, this goals does not come on an easy way, it takes a lot of sacrifices and dependency that will try to corrupt the mind into backsliding and letting out our determination. The moment an investor takes out any portion of his investment too early in order to tackle few challenges may show a bit of his incompetency dealing with his investment planning. Taking loan money or investing too much than what is due it's harmful and may lead to poor decisions as a person would need back the funds invested which means selling out part of the investment to cover up the debts or problems and this is totally a wrong approach and goal setting to a successful investment
Stablexcoin

Activity: 102
Merit: 41

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 12:37:35 PM

[edited out]
What's the need of selling your bitcoin holdings on such a probability that might never happen, how wiudl you know if we would be bearish next year, while it is true that bitcoin has its cycles, it is even more true that it is very unpredictable and trying to be too smart and trying to engage in buying and selling practices is just gambling or even trading, and worse you might never get to opportunity to buy at the prices which you sold off your holdings, I think your underestimating the power of long term holding in terms of profit. DCA works better when you are buying consistently over time and that's how you have an advantage over volatility not selling your asset just to make profits.

so that also means that if the goal of selling your BTC is to be able to get more BTC, then that makes less sense than just continuing to buy BTC.. so that if you conclude that you don't have enough, you just keep buying until you have enough or too much.
It takes a special set of persons to think it’s a smart move (ironically) to sell their bitcoin especially in this period when we are expecting the halving right around the corner. The ETF approval, which was a success, institutional adoption and the halving which is days away is enough reason to know that bitcoin price feels more secure.

Even if they put in some value to sell now and buy back later. I don't still see it as a smart move. Yes they can do whatever they want with their money. At the end everyone will get the investment return that they deserve. Quote me if I am wrong, during the several Bitcoin halving bitcoin crash in price after the halving process so this gave the ideology that every bitcoin halving it is best to sell after the halving you buy and wait for the bullish. It may go in this terms or not. But what amazes me is how people think that because of things that happened in the past, there is a guarantee this time around things we go the same way. However, i just wish they were happy at the end.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Miles2006

Activity: 252
Merit: 158

Cashback 15%

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 01:48:36 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Su-asa (1)

Exactly, when you sell and indeed to buy back at a cheaper price you might end up not buying back because of so many reasons, which we cannot predict the outcome of what would happen by tomorrow. If you sell to buy back, it destabilize the purpose of investing and increasing your bitcoin portfolio. Patient does not have any role to okay here, because you are waiting for a time that you don't know when the price will dip for you to buy back, and you keep waiting hodling fiat that is depreciating in value.
 yeah alot of users are used to such act selling from their bitcoin holding with the mindset of replacing it , one thing you should be Aware of is that most time you won't have that privileged to buy it back that same price or cheaper price ( if one wanted to replace back) , like for instance now alot of users bought bitcoin during the time Bitcoin price was Around $10k , alot of users sold from their holding with the mindset of replacing it back, at the same ( they brought it)  or much lower price, but look at now bitcoin already around $70k and alot of people who sold like $500 worth of Bitcoin during $10k which would be 0.5 BTC . And lateron replace it back ( with $500,) during the price range of $60k which would give that same individual 0.0083333 BTC . You can see the great different. That's why not advisable to keep withdrawing from your investment even one having such mindset of selling with replacing it back .and we are all aware that those that started their bitcoin accummulation would be in more advantage's than those that invested now .

That is a fair example, except your math is wrong for the guy who sold 0.05 BTC at $10k (which is the equivalent of $500) in order to buy back cheaper, but he was not successful.

Another example of recent times is that there were probably plenty of guys selling on the way up from  $27k to $50k, and they were expecting to be able to buy back cheaper, and they may well not get any opportunities to buy back for cheaper than they sold, and at some point they may well have to suck it up since patience is not likely going to be enough to actually get an opportunity.

that's another factor most persons that sell for the purpose of buying back don't always put into consideration. What's the possibility that Bitcoin would ever get low to the amount you've sold your holding? The reality is that at some point, you will get to understand that it's not always about being patient enough till Bitcoin dips down so you can buy back. Their are past prices that Bitcoin will never go back to and those that sold at those price with the purpose of buying back might have probably realized that it's not realistic for them to buy back at the level of dip they had speculated while they sold part of thier holdings and would just have to buy at the current price with future bullish period in mind and never consider that they've loosed in their strategy to buying back at the DIP.

One of the main issues with selling to buying back in the future dips is that you don't know when to expect the dip and can't tell how long you have to wait before it dips below the amount you've sold part of your bitcoin and with a lots of uncertainties that's associated with it, selling to buy back might in most cases not end well.
Earlier this year when the price was revolving around $40k, somany might have been between two opinions of either selling or to continue stacking and those that might have probably sold at those price with the intent of buying back are obviously in the position where they are damn uncertain whether or not Bitcoin will dips back to $40k. And converting your Bitcoin to fiat comes with another issue you have to put into consideration like if your fiat that's now in a centralized system and subject to tax and other regulations would be in good shape for a longer period of time if you necessarily have to stay for months before you will be able to buy back. and believe me that it will get to a point when we will be certain that such a scenario may never happen which means that we can't buy back at the price we sold our Bitcoin.
The point is there's no guarantee they will buy bitcoin at the previous price, no one can actually predict but it's best to avoid such risk cause for example; I bought bitcoin at a very low price and decide to sell after making little profit with the aim of buying back and I never get to see such price again. In this case an investor will look stupid for behaving in this manner and it sounds like an investor want to play with their bitcoin investment, mostly newbies cause selling or making fast profit should never bother a newbie at an early stage, for example selling should not be the priority of a newbie. It's more better to keep accumulating regardless the price cause we're actually planning for a long term investment. Secondly there's no guarantee holding fiat for long just like what Frankolala wrote, during the past months my country experienced similar issue when the currency lost value drastically, just imagine an investor playing fast game during this season, when there's no enough money to meetup such investor will definitely loss and regret.

Marvelockg

Merit: 119

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 02:01:21 PM

Quote me if I am wrong, during the several Bitcoin halving bitcoin crash in price after the halving process so this gave the ideology that every bitcoin halving it is best to sell after the halving you buy and wait for the bullish. It may go in this terms or not. But what amazes me is how people think that because of things that happened in the past, there is a guarantee this time around things we go the same way. However, i just wish they were happy at the end.
the truth is that most persons always wants to play smart and put themselves in a better profit region and I totally understand what's the bases that backs them up since like you've rightly said, past event and basic economic principles have proved that after the halving bitcoin always crashes which can support and encourage them to sell during the hallvng for the purpose of buying back when Bitcoin crashes but then, may crash after you've sold your Bitcoin or it may not. It may still keep being bullish past the amount you sold your Bitcoin and then crash with time without crashing to the amount you've sold it and then it gets bullish again. The truth is that times have changed and the event playing out at this moment mostly suggests that Bitcoin might continue climbing up longer and longer and if their might be moment of crashes like what has been going on within these few months, it will be some kind of small crash and major bull and then small crash and maybe a bull bull! Bull.

Selling to buy back at this stage will be one of the most complicated and uncertain period to buying your Bitcoin with a buy back strategy because it's obviously climbing to $100k and above within the year and most of the amount you might want to sell with the intention of buying back when it goes bellow such price might end up fucking you up big time.

I_Anime

Activity: 392
Merit: 164

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 02:02:19 PM

Another example of recent times is that there were probably plenty of guys selling on the way up from  $27k to $50k, and they were expecting to be able to buy back cheaper, and they may well not get any opportunities to buy back for cheaper than they sold, and at some point they may well have to suck it up since patience is not likely going to be enough to actually get an opportunity.

And, some of those kinds of folks who sell way too much too soon because of their expectation to buy back cheaper, they get into a pretty lame, negative and disgruntled mindset.. All because they thought that they were being smarter than everyone else.

We should understand and appreciate these examples that when we get 10-15 years down the road, we are likely going to be in a much better position in regards to our BTC stash and our overall wealth because we had continued to stack sats through thick and thin and even if our costs per bTC might be higher than otherwise, we may well end up accumulating way more BTC because we kept the right mindset of an accumulator and a sat stacker.
oh thanks for the correction sir JayJuanGee, you're right many individuals always think that they are being smart taken profit at any slight increase in market deceiving Their self with the mindset of am going to replace it back , with out thinking that any withdrawal from your investment is and deduction to the growth and potential of that investment. For instance someone having 0.5 bitcoin and due to various withdrawing from it with the mindset of replacing when the price drop but instead the price kept on increasing lateron discover that he was having 0.3 bitcoin and his plan was to hold his 0.5 bitcoin which was his accummulation goal ( I'm actually using this for an illustration), till bitcoin hit the price range of $100k+ for him to scrape out some profits , so then bitcoin hit that price range when he was still waiting with his 0.3 BTC for price to drop, now you can see that the profit he was hoping for his investment was not able to provide such profit due to the continue act of withdrawing from his investment with the plans of replacing them. That sir JGG made this statement that the investor would have to suck it up , since patience is not likely going to be enough to get an opportunity. So if you're actually such investor i think you should minimise or stop such act and continue with just your bitcoin accummulation without thinking of withdrawing till you hit that accummulation goal.

Roseline492

Activity: 294
Merit: 162

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2024, 03:06:26 PM

[edited out]
The truth is, when it comes to investment in bitcoin for long term HODL, there is basically no need for the predictions. What will you use the information of your prediction for? Your concern is how to add more bitcoin to your portfolio and not to fan that ego of being able to predict the price movement using whatever data, it is a total waste of time.

Following the conversation here, I have realized that the best way to go about this is a dual approach that comprise of predominantly DCA and buying with lump sum when the need arises. I mean, just continue to buy using the DCA and when price goes down so much that you feel it is a nice point to get more bitcoin using lump sum, then that can be done while allowing the DCA method to still be running smoothly. With this approach you will not miss any opportunity of getting bitcoin and enjoying sharp rises in price should there be spike as a result of the coming halving and more in the future.

You seem to be conflating the ideas of lump sum and buying on dips.  They are not the same thing.

You seem to actually be buying on dips, but you are calling it lump sum because it is a larger amount than your DCA amount.

A more clear understanding is having a lump sum or coming accross some extra money and then deciding if you are going to invest right now.. at current prices... If you decide to hold some or all of it for buying on dips then that is buying on dips, it no longer falls into a category of lump sum.

Sure, you can use whatever language you like and describe things however, you like, but if you are describing buying on dips as lump sum, then at that point you have to know or figure out what the fuck is lump sum, and it is not the same as buying on dips... so then what are you going to do in order to describe an actual lump sum situation?

Thanks for the clarification because I noticed that most people have been confusing buying at dip to be Lump Sum forgetting that they are two different things, however they feel that targeting there DCA accumulation during when the price is dip is considered to buying in Lump sum without knowing that they are actually buying at dip, and also one of the things that distinguishes between DCA and Lump sum is actually the amount because in DCA accumulation in other for people to keep there accumulation running they need to reduce the accumulating amounts in other to suit there financial state which could be accumulating a bit a bit regular in other not to run out of funds but in terms of Lump sum when there is an opportunity of price decrease we buy a larger amounts at once.

laijsica

Activity: 98
Merit: 25

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 03:47:08 PM

Selling to buy back at this stage will be one of the most complicated and uncertain period to buying your Bitcoin with a buy back strategy because it's obviously climbing to $100k and above within the year and most of the amount you might want to sell with the intention of buying back when it goes bellow such price might end up fucking you up big time.
You may sell your BTC during the bullish period of, which may be a sign of good business. Now you bought again at the time of low market, here you stayed with Bitcoin and increased the profit margin. From this point of view your profit is appearing small but on a large scale you are deprived of big profit. In this case colored bubbles (small investors who are satisfied with little) maintain their activity in the market. Similarly, large investors tend to have a large size of  buy the dips in the long term to see the ocean waves.

And if small focus on one thing then they can continue to take home more profits and that is to limit bitcoin purchases when the market is bullish during the DCAing and double buying when the price is bearish. Although Bitcoin's exchange rate tends to rise like a push-up. By this time Looking forward to the bull run again.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Stablexcoin

Activity: 102
Merit: 41

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 04:49:51 PM

Quote me if I am wrong, during the several Bitcoin halving bitcoin crash in price after the halving process so this gave the ideology that every bitcoin halving it is best to sell after the halving you buy and wait for the bullish. It may go in this terms or not. But what amazes me is how people think that because of things that happened in the past, there is a guarantee this time around things we go the same way. However, i just wish they were happy at the end.
the truth is that most persons always wants to play smart and put themselves in a better profit region and I totally understand what's the bases that backs them up since like you've rightly said, past event and basic economic principles have proved that after the halving bitcoin always crashes which can support and encourage them to sell during the hallvng for the purpose of buying back when Bitcoin crashes but then, may crash after you've sold your Bitcoin or it may not. It may still keep being bullish past the amount you sold your Bitcoin and then crash with time without crashing to the amount you've sold it and then it gets bullish again. The truth is that times have changed and the event playing out at this moment mostly suggests that Bitcoin might continue climbing up longer and longer and if their might be moment of crashes like what has been going on within these few months, it will be some kind of small crash and major bull and then small crash and maybe a bull bull! Bull.

Good, you understand my point. It is very uncertain that the same pattern of bitcoin price movement after halving will repeat this time. I noticed that many people are being careful because if nothing else will bring up a change in the pattern the ETF and other factors that I have already mentioned earlier will surely do. The best and most secure strategy now is to not sell at all.

Let all investors here take a look at the all-time chart see the previous dips during the previous bitcoin halving, and observe if it is worth taking the risk this time to follow the price swing. At last, we are to make our own decisions but IMHO because of the mass adoption the price movement will be different this time. I would have a second thought about selling off because it will be dramatic when I start regretting that the price starts increasing significantly after the halving occurs and I can't buy back in.

However, with that being said, there will always be people who are willing to sell and people waiting to buy and accumulate more bitcoin.

Code:
70k pre-halving 2024

85k - 100k after 2024 halving

Maybe a new cycle bear around 45k low and 250kk at the top in 10 10-year journey.

Dont forget when I said this when it happens, although Jayjuangee made some readjustment

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
MusaPk

Activity: 644
Merit: 200

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2024, 04:57:48 PM

I agree with you MusaPk. .sometimes it might be worth it to get some kind of a reliable service, especially since the tool that bitmover made has ended up being quite powerful for those who have figured out some uses for it.. and it might not even be very available in other places on the web.... at least not so far.. even though I am pretty sure that bitmover and I are tending towards promoting and advocating open-sourcedness.  

So yeah there might be some utility in seeking out free services, yet at the same time, there might be some preferences to just bite the bullet.. and subscribe to something reliable.. but yeah, I don't claim to be any kind of an expert and even some of the paid services might have their own trickiness and/or their questionable value-add aspects.

Bitmover has figured out an innovative solution to this problem and that too free of cost. You already have seen and acknowledged that fix.
There is banner of bc.games on that site and it's good that site is getting recognition. Putting banner means the advertiser knows the site has got good decent traffic.

There is also the concept of front-loading that could fit within a kind of style for those three as well, and there is also aggressive versus whimpy which surely fall upon a sliding scale in which we might not all agree regarding which is which.

But we both have concent on DCA, Buy the dip and lump sum?
Honestly I don't have idea about these two concepts, they are new to me.

Yeah.. too bad about the delay... . and I have decent confidence that bitmover is going to figure out some reasonable path forward... I have gotten into using the tool almost daily, too.. especially if I am responding to posts in which some of various topics could come up related to valuation of holdings and/or even considering where BTC prices are now as compared to where they had been historically.

I too have a look at this site daily or at least once every two day. I am new to this tool and still learning it by trying different values. It's a good thing to train your withdrawal strategy.

Wind_FURY (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1829

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 05:31:28 PM

Ser, if you truly understood what you're holding in your wallet, and in what situation our economy and society is in, then it would be the easiest decision to merely BUY AND HODL without any thoughts of selling, especially now that the billionaires want your precious Bitcoin.

You don't know in what situation our society currently is in right now? Watch and study "Society Is A Ponzi Scheme" and "Middle Class Is Wiped Out" in Tom Bileyeu's YouTube channel. We NEED assets like Bitcoin.

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10262

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 05:54:17 PM

Exactly.. Selling and expecting to buy back cheaper (to increase your BTC stash) contains a lot of uncertainties, and seems so easy in theory, but not as easy in practice.... so then one of the main logical solutions is not to sell any of your BTC unless you are expecting to not be able to buy it back.. so then that means that you either have enough or you have excess... it is difficult for a bitcoin newbie to get to a position of having enough or excess bitcoin, but if a bitcoin newbie reaches a status of having enough or too much BTC, then he has more options regarding how to treat his BTC holdings.

so that also means that if the goal of selling your BTC is to be able to get more BTC, then that makes less sense than just continuing to buy BTC.. so that if you conclude that you don't have enough, you just keep buying until you have enough or too much.

I understand what I am saying does not make sense to some people, especially those who really believe that there is some value to try to sell BTC in order to buy back more, and so they are free to employ such strategy, which has questionable odds of success.. especially if it ends up getting the guy out of the buying and accumulating mindset.. which truly is the most assured way to actually build a bitcoin stash to high amounts.
For this reason, I am more interested in continuing to hold and accumulate bitcoin at low prices with reserve funds, therefore reserve funds are really needed to take advantage of the opportunity to buy on the decline. Selling is certainly not a good principle for someone if they are planning an investment in the long term but they change their mind by selling and buying again which can turn things into quite a mess.
I totally agree with you. except you've reached a stage where you can boldly say, I'm at the peak of my investment and want to sell off my holding iether to upgrade my standard of living or you've gained that level of freedom that can put you im a position to fuk out of making an investment at all,  whatever comes outside of that as a reason to selling your holding should be sorted out with the emergency funds. It's even better you have special funds set aside for the purpose of buying when the market is at the bearish season that selling part of you holding for that objective. Every decision you're going to make as it regards when you even think of tempering with your investment is in phases and all the theories and methods that have been regularly outlined in this thread is not for everybody but relates for some people and it's just okay to choose which methord that works well for you based on your current Bitcoin accumulation stage and how much you want to accumulate at a particular point in time.

It's not everybody that should talk about selling and thier are others that aren't even buying now but are just waiting for Bitcoin to get to a particular price which is their set out profit point and you don't want to start comparing yourself that's still not strong and have as little as $500 worth of Bitcoin in your portfolio. Those that have reached the range of the position where they are in profit can possibly think about selling but if you're still at the stage where you're yet to have a balanced and good amount of holding, don't even waste your time thinking on the need to sell, like @ gunsan said earlier, there is a lot of uncertainty involved in selling your holding as a methord that will help you accumulate more. To be a safer side, any money you've used in Buying Bitcoin should never go back to fiat untill you've reached you goal, of thier is a need to buy more during the bearish season, you can make it a necessity to find special funds that will work well for that.
Thinking you reached enough coins may be an error. Can’t be sure 10 or 20 or 30 is enough. But 500 should be good.

This is not a bad topic regarding how many coins is enough, yet you are describing the subject matter in such extremes, including putting in a kind of sentiment of futility in regards to how to figure out how many coins is enough.

I doubt that the subject matter of figuring out how many coins is enough is as futile as you are making it out to be. 

Sure, it may be somewhat futile to attempt to generalize how many coins is enough for every person as if we were to live in a society in which people were not able to choose for themselves, and yeah, even though sometimes, it might not feel that we have choices even in regards to our own lil selfies, we still probably should be attempting to express and to exercise our individual choices whenever we are able to do so. .which sometimes can be an uncomfortable and not easy thing to do.

I will admit that there are likely a few obstacles that any of us are likely going to have in determining how many coins that we need, and from my own perspective, I think that in bitcoin many folks error in regards to trying to valuate their coins based on spot price rather than figuring out some kind of fair and meaningful valuation - which might be something like the 200-WMA or maybe some other way of assessing fair valuations so that they do not contribute to exaggerating their own expectations regarding what is feasible and/or reasonable to do whether we are considering the matter of continuing to accumulate BTC or even matters regarding maintenance, sustainable withdrawal and/or liquidation.

Younger people might have some greater difficulties assessing how much of a monthly income that they want to maintain as compared with older people, and their difficulties would likely have to do with either their shorter period of being able to measure and/or their aspirations to increase their standard of living, yet not necessarily having very good practical reference points.  So, some value could come from experience in regards to figuring out monthly cashflow needs, yet surely there could be some ways to either theoretically think through the matter of future expected expenses and/or to just make sure to have some kind of a meaningful price cushion, such as striving to reach 2x, 5x, 10x or some other kind of target that is much greater than the estimated needed amount.

So for example, a guy might conclude that he would be able to work with some kind of default western-style entry-level fuck you status income of $6,666 per month, so long as that income level keeps up with the actual inflation (and/or debasement of the dollar/fiat) that is most likely inevitably going to continue into the relevant upcoming future.

So if he has his target monthly cashflow, then he should be able to come up with some meaningful range in regards to how many coins that he needs, and only recently I have become more convicted that BTC has very good chances (enough to bank on) to be able to continually generate and sustain a 10% withdrawal rate, so long as the valuation of how many coins that one has is accomplished from bottom BTC prices rather than BTC spot prices or some other less reliable ways of valuating the coins that a guy has stacked. 

So right now, I am presuming that 24.4 BTC is enough to sustainably maintain a $6,666 per month withdrawal rate forever into the future including inflation and/or debasement of the dollar/various fiat. I think that the sustainable withdrawal tool that bitmover and I put together helps to figure out these kinds of numbers, yet each of us remains responsible in regards to how we might use any of these kinds of estimation tools that show history.. while at the same time, they are not exactly speculating into the future, so each of us has to engage in our own speculations in order to come to numbers and/or methods that we believe to be workable for our own situations.  Of course if your expected monthly income numbers are different, and/or if you reach differing conclusions in regards to what amount of BTC you would be able to withdraw per year/month, then you are going to end up with results that differ from my own.

So before we invest we need to focus the goal and set a specific time frame for how many years we will hold our investment and accumulate bitcoins accordingly.

I think that you are overly stating the case AirtelBuzz.  Sure, it is good to have some ideas about where you are going and/or how long you are planning to invest, but many of the details can be worked out as you go, and one of the best things, especially in regards to bitcoin, is to get the fuck started asap, even if you might ONLY be starting with $10 per week.

Of course, if you start to invest aggressively and to maximize your available finances into bitcoin, then you are most likely going to need to have more ideas and/or details regarding specifics of your goals - yet even if you have some aggressive investment practices into bitcoin, you still might not necessarily need to know your exact timeline or even the amount of BTC and/or dollar value that you are shooting for - except that you are maybe aiming to maximize the likelihood that you are going to have more options in the future at some point 10-20 or perhaps 30 years down the road.. and some of the specifics and/or vagueness might also relate to age, in terms of older folks might be in a better position to specify their goals and their targets, but younger people might have hardly any clue, and they do not even necessarily need to lock themselves into specific goals.. but just have some general ideas of wanting to improve their situations in such a way that they realize that their future self will thank them for getting into bitcoin in a somewhat aggressive way as compared to if they had not gotten into bitcoin or if they had gotten into bitcoin too whimpily and in such a whimpy way that their efforts would hardly make any difference to their future self.

If we can set a specific time frame for our bitcoin deposits and keep depositing bitcoins every month or week accordingly, maybe our investment will gradually increase and we will be able to reach our specific goal.

There is nothing wrong with attempting to have some specifics around how much we might want to spend on bitcoin each week or month, so I have no problem with the idea of having various systems in place that allow for structuring buys and/or making assessments that might be around the times that we are paid each month or when our expenses might be due or known... since maybe some kinds of income and/or expenses might be somewhat fixed and knowable and other income/expenses might have a decent level of variation.

Personally, I like to use an excel spreadsheet to project my income/expenses 6 months to 24 months into the future, so using those kinds of projection tools can be very powerful in terms of attempting to plan some of the specifics that you seem to be arguing as important... and I am not going to disagree with you about those kinds of ideas because there are quite a few aspects of planning that can help to really empower us by giving us frameworks, while at the same time, we might not be able to really hone in on specifics, even though some of our planning tools might help us to narrow down various ranges and provide us with psychological and financial cushions... And, many times, I have asserted that we are frequently way better off psychologically when we are able to set up our finances in ways that are tailored to our circumstances and retain/maintain various kinds of built in financial cushions.. whether that is referred to as emergency funds, reserves and/or cash floats that are built into some kind of a meaningful projection forward.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Troytech

Activity: 154
Merit: 123

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 07:17:18 PM

That is one of the great things about bitcoin, and surely I frequently recommend that guys try to be as aggressive as they are able to be in terms of accumulating bitcoin, there still is the practicality of the matter that we might have limitations in terms of how aggressive that we are able to be in terms of our own financial/psychological resources, and we also might find that we have to go through some steps of getting our finances and psychology in order prior to becoming more aggressive, so in that regard, it likely would be better to make sure that we are not overdoing our level of aggressiveness, and no one is going to feel sorry for us or help us out if we end up screwing up and doing more than we should have had done.. so in that regard, we might want to consider that whenever we choose to engage in some levels of risk, that we are both recognizing the risk and ready, willing and able to accept the consequences if some of the risk-taking that we employ does not play in our favor... and so sometimes we might be tempted to play around with some ways to try to get more BTC than we might be able to get by more normal and strict DCA ways... and so then if we lose 1% to 5% of our BTC, we might consider it worth it.. but sometimes it is better to just not go down the risk taking mode until you have gotten to a certain BTC stack size through more traditional, normal and strictly conservative ways.. and then once your stack is of a significant size there could be some ways that a bit can be shaved off for extra experimentations.

When it comes to matters of how aggressive any one should be, it all boils down to a personal decision and this must be done based on our finances and how much we feel that we can put in bitcoin without beign wrecked or under any pressure, and that is why I loved the idea of when you said we should invest money that we know we won't miss especially for those under the age the 20 and focus more on a strict DCA maybe just like the first guy that remain with only 10% invested weekly and after 10 years he still had a very good stash and would be on more profit that someone who was either inconsistent or maybe engaged in taking to much risk too early and end up blowing everything, when we are new to accumulating bitcoin we often feel that we should put more to be able to get ahead in our journey and at times we forget the line between beign aggressive and overly aggressive, so I just stick myself with the idea that any money I put into bitcoin is gone untill the time of maturity.

When it comes to risk taking and practices that we feel that would help us accumulate bitcoin most people happen to be overly optimistic about this kind of things and they tend to engage in risk that they were not ready for, so everyone must accept responsibility for his or her decision regarding to how they play around or approach their bitcoin investment cause at the end of the day such risk would either be our downfall or make us regret and worst of all when we are still so early in accumulating bitcoin, it is even better that we just stick with the traditional DCA and any other strategy that we can add should be dip buys cause all this strategy just revolve around buying more bitcoin and has nothing to do with selling.
teamsherry

Merit: 50

Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 07:59:27 PM

Yep.. the BIG opportunity seems to presume better places to put money than bitcoin and/or to use bitcoin profits for such purposes, rather than perhaps getting the money for "Big Opportunities" from other places.

Of course, when guys are young, they are likely going to come across opportunities and also sometimes need capital to get into certain kinds of deals/arrangements... but that still might not mean it would be a good idea to use bitcoin proceeds for these kinds of matters, yet at the same time, everyone is going to have to make these kinds of choices for themselves in terms  of both balancing their finances and balancing where they have allocated their investments, whether it is time, energies and/or monetary value.

IMO I don't think that investing in bitcoin should/would stop anyone from taking advantage of other opportunities that involve money, if you are following the plan of investing with your disposable income(money you won't miss) then it shouldn't be a problem for you cause this would be only a small percentage of your income and yeah if some sudden even occurs and you need immediate cash then you have your reserves to save you and I feel that its also good we have other savings apart from our bitcoin investment, so this can be used for other stuffs too.

Yeah, some members might have more financial abilities than the hypothetical guys and other members might have to divide the number by 10 in order for the hypothetical to be realistic or to make sense in comparison to their own circumstances.

Yeah it's very possible that we all have our several financial capabilities and i feel what matters most is for each of us to have good mentality with regards to how we approach our investment, cause someone with a good income and huge capital might be investing just 10% of his income to bitcoin and it woudl be quite huge for someone with smaller capital and trying to compete with them thinking that they are aggressive would end you up In a mess, so a lot of lessons are to be learnt from your last post with regards to each of us doing what we can and maintain a stead fast DCA approach.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10262

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 09:08:59 PM

[/quote]

That tends to be one of the additional problems when traders are failing/refusing to sufficiently/adequately account for a certain kind of exponential upwards price pressure that exist in bitcoin, so they frequently will either consider the price dynamics of bitcoin as if it were a kind of mature asset or that bitcoin is correlated with mature assets or that everything that goes up must come down and other kinds of insufficient frameworks to consider BTC's price dynamics and potentials that end up costing them a lot of money for not sufficiently/adequately account for such, even when they might have had been successful in their execution of trades for many repeated times, it might ONLY take one or two wrong calls to either completely or mostly wipe them out of both their previous profits and then potentially sufficiently reduce their principle too.

It seems to be a very difficult way to attempt to make money (or to increase your BTC stash) for even the best of traders who likely have to know how to utilize either stop losses or other kinds of hedging mechanisms that allow them to be able to win no matter which direction the BTC price goes.  An overwhelming number of normies who might get into trading BTC are not going to either be using hedging mechanisms or knowing how to employ them in productive ways.

Earlier this year when the price was revolving around $40k, somany might have been between two opinions of either selling or to continue stacking and those that might have probably sold at those price with the intent of buying back are obviously in the position where they are damn uncertain whether or not Bitcoin will dips back to $40k.

So  far, it hasn't worked out too well for those guys selling in the $40k range, and I really am having any doubts that the BTC price is going back to either below $40k or even mid-$40ks may well also be out of the likelihood of happening.. sure you never know, but who should want to be waiting for something like that to happen instead of just employing more sure kinds of bets that involve building/stacking sats.

Historically, there have been numerous similar kinds of examples of guys selling way too many coins too soon, and then either having to buy back higher at a later point or suffering from ongoing no-coiner bitterness, which surely should not be a place that any of us should want to be, especially when there are possibilities to get into and to build the right kind of mindset and perspective so that each of us might end up in the receiving side of the greatest wealth transfer in history rather than sitting on the sidelines and whining about it or in other ways having fun staying poor.

And converting your Bitcoin to fiat comes with another issue you have to put into consideration like if your fiat that's now in a centralized system and subject to tax and other regulations would be in good shape for a longer period of time if you necessarily have to stay for months before you will be able to buy back. and believe me that it will get to a point when we will be certain that such a scenario may never happen which means that we can't buy back at the price we sold our Bitcoin.

I don't have any problem with having a decent amount of money in fiat - yet I still believe that I understand your point, and you seem to be just saying the same thing but putting it in a kind of opposite framework. 

The main idea is that even if the fiat is more stable than bitcoin it is continuing to lose value.. but at the same time, it is not able to benefit from potential unexpected price rises of bitcoin which can end up coming at surprising times - but then also risks of having value in dollars might relate to temptations to spend it or maybe to get lazy in terms of not really keeping it sufficiently/adequately dedicated to buying back BTC..

but yeah, I am still not sure if any additional points are really being made in this part of the analysis that seems to still get back to each of us should be making sure that if we do sell any of our BTC, we are not selling large portions of it, and if we are in the process of accumulating BTC, it may well seem contradictory if we are ongoingly buying  and then all of a sudden we sell and then we are trying to figure out when to buy since we already likely might realize that we don't even have enough, so why did we sell any of our BTC in the first place when we already know that we don't have enough of it.

[edited out]
during the several Bitcoin halving bitcoin crash in price after the halving process so this gave the ideology that every bitcoin halving it is best to sell after the halving you buy and wait for the bullish.

In this thread we are not getting into any kinds of strategies that attempt to play short term BTC price dynamics and considering selling merely based on possibilities that BTC prices might go up at or around the halvening.

Sure, there may be some misleading ideas in the thread title in terms of framing a kind of advocacy for buying on the dips, yet the non-existence of selling within the title or even in the OP and the various discussions around the topic of this thread, many of the active participants of this thread acknowledge that the thrust of this thread is to be attempting to advocate for methods to prepare for long term building and holding of the BTC that we accumulate, and sure there still might be guys who are somewhat occupied and/or preoccupied with trying to get better deals on their BTC purchases so that they can lower their overall BTC cost basis, but still that is not necessarily for the purpose of fucking around with short-term selling of BTC, even if the BTC price goes up in terms of cycles that have been somewhat anticipatory in terms of patterns that reflect previous halvening periods.

Of course, the more coins that you accumulate, then the more flexibility that you end up having, yet still I also think that we have so many members participating in this thread who are still quite new to bitcoin, so it tends to show that there is quite a bit of appeal to getting  set up with various good BTC accumulating practices, and perhaps when guys start to get to points in  which they have already reached their accumulation goals, then they might need to take their discussions of what they are considering to other forum threads - not this one.

If you are thinking about or considering when you might want to shave off some BTC so that maybe you can buy back cheaper or that you believe that there might be some advantage in such tactics, even if you are admitting that you still have not accumulated enough BTC, then you surely seem to be deviating into off-topicness and into the kinds of topics that we are not really getting into, at least in terms of this thread.

It may go in this terms or not.

For what purpose does it matter if the price might shoot up or not?  You seem to be wanting to talk about selling rather than buying.  Unless I misremember your situation, I thought that you were still in your earlier times of BTC accumulation so why would you give too many shits about price spikes unless you might be trying to figure out ways to buy around them and to buy on dips and things like that, but it can be quite difficult to attempt to be too strategic about various buying strategies when the BTC price is ongoingly going up and your cashflow is ONLY coming in so fast... .. so one of the better solutions seems to be just continuing to buy and not think about the price and/or your cost basis too much until maybe after a whole cycle of accumulating maybe you can start to figure out some ways to adjust your strategies in terms of anticipating BTC price waves, but at least after a whole cycle you would have had been in BTC long enough to start to potentially have some decent amount of BTC stash.. whether your BTC stash is going to be in profits at that time, might be another story.. and so each of us can ONLY attempt to do our best, including understanding and/or appreciating that overall bitcoin's price trajectory remains up.. so our accumulation strategies should attempt to account for that to the best of our abilities to do so.

But what amazes me is how people think that because of things that happened in the past, there is a guarantee this time around things we go the same way. However, i just wish they were happy at the end.

Well, we know that there is no guarantee, but we can still get a  sense of overall BTC price direction which is inclined upwardly.

We can also likely get a sense that it is almost inevitable that BTC is going to continue to be extremely volatile, and we are not necessarily going to know the direction of the volatility even though in the longer run it is still likely going to continue to incline upwardly.

[edited out]
The truth is, when it comes to investment in bitcoin for long term HODL, there is basically no need for the predictions. What will you use the information of your prediction for? Your concern is how to add more bitcoin to your portfolio and not to fan that ego of being able to predict the price movement using whatever data, it is a total waste of time.

Following the conversation here, I have realized that the best way to go about this is a dual approach that comprise of predominantly DCA and buying with lump sum when the need arises. I mean, just continue to buy using the DCA and when price goes down so much that you feel it is a nice point to get more bitcoin using lump sum, then that can be done while allowing the DCA method to still be running smoothly. With this approach you will not miss any opportunity of getting bitcoin and enjoying sharp rises in price should there be spike as a result of the coming halving and more in the future.
You seem to be conflating the ideas of lump sum and buying on dips.  They are not the same thing.

You seem to actually be buying on dips, but you are calling it lump sum because it is a larger amount than your DCA amount.

A more clear understanding is having a lump sum or coming accross some extra money and then deciding if you are going to invest right now.. at current prices... If you decide to hold some or all of it for buying on dips then that is buying on dips, it no longer falls into a category of lump sum.

Sure, you can use whatever language you like and describe things however, you like, but if you are describing buying on dips as lump sum, then at that point you have to know or figure out what the fuck is lump sum, and it is not the same as buying on dips... so then what are you going to do in order to describe an actual lump sum situation?
Thanks for the clarification because I noticed that most people have been confusing buying at dip to be Lump Sum forgetting that they are two different things, however they feel that targeting there DCA accumulation during when the price is dip is considered to buying in Lump sum without knowing that they are actually buying at dip, and also one of the things that distinguishes between DCA and Lump sum is actually the amount because in DCA accumulation in other for people to keep there accumulation running they need to reduce the accumulating amounts in other to suit there financial state which could be accumulating a bit a bit regular in other not to run out of funds but in terms of Lump sum when there is an opportunity of price decrease we buy a larger amounts at once.

Your clarification Roseline492 does not seem to get to the essence of the distinction between lump sum and buying on dip amounts.  You seem to be repeating the same error that I was criticizing adultcrypto for making.  I am not sure what else I can say to clarify. 

The mere fact that you are holding money aside to buy on the dip that happens to be a lot, that does not turn that "a lot" into a lump sum or to fit into the lump sum characterization.

The best examples seem to be something like this:

1) receiving an amount of money that you had not expected, and so any amount of that you decide to buy right now could be considered a lump sum and it does not depend on the amount.  It depends on your decision to buy right now with it, even if you might choose to divide the amount received into all three categories, the amount you buy right now can be considered as a lump sum.

2) when you first start investing into BTC you might already have an amount of money that you dedicate to buying BTC (let's say $6k), but you still might divide that amount into three parts.. let's say $2k for each of the categories . .the amount that you invest  right now would be a lump sum.

3) You have already been investing in BTC for a year or so, and you also have an investment portfolio that is of traditional assets like stocks, bonds and commodities.  Let's say your total non-BTC investment portfolio is $50k, and your BTC portfolio is around $5k, and maybe you start to believe that you had been investing into BTC too whimpily over the previous year, so you become concerned that you might not have enough invested into BTC and so you want to reallocate some of your non-BTC portfolio into BTC, and after carrying out some calculations and assessing the various things that you have in your non-BTC portfolio, you recognize that you could probably sell around $12k of some of the holdings without suffering any negative tax consequences since they are about the same value as what you had invested, so therefore, you decide to reallocate $12k into BTC, so that $12k could be considered a lump sum into BTC if you invest right away with it once you receive it, and you don't even have to invest all of it into BTC right away.  You could divide that $12k into 3 parts (which would be DCA, lump sum and buying on dips), and the part that you invest right away into BTC would be considered a lump sum.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Samlucky O

Activity: 294
Merit: 225

The great city of God 🔥

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2024, 12:02:21 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2024, 12:24:04 AM by Samlucky O

Yep.. the BIG opportunity seems to presume better places to put money than bitcoin and/or to use bitcoin profits for such purposes, rather than perhaps getting the money for "Big Opportunities" from other places.

Of course, when guys are young, they are likely going to come across opportunities and also sometimes need capital to get into certain kinds of deals/arrangements... but that still might not mean it would be a good idea to use bitcoin proceeds for these kinds of matters, yet at the same time, everyone is going to have to make these kinds of choices for themselves in terms  of both balancing their finances and balancing where they have allocated their investments, whether it is time, energies and/or monetary value.

IMO I don't think that investing in bitcoin should/would stop anyone from taking advantage of other opportunities that involve money, if you are following the plan of investing with your disposable income(money you won't miss) then it shouldn't be a problem for you cause this would be only a small percentage of your income and yeah if some sudden even occurs and you need immediate cash then you have your reserves to save you and I feel that its also good we have other savings apart from our bitcoin investment, so this can be used for other stuffs too.
You have made a good explanation here but For me I think there is no need of having other extras fund. Reserved fund can serve as multipurpose because if you have invested in bitcoin through DCA and also set out an emergency fund and also set aside reserved fund I don see no reason of setting aside another fund for another thing, because the reserved fund is just like and extra fund which you think you would like to set aside . What ever you think you would like to do with money, all is in same place because this is the sole purpose for it. But if you chose to set aside another fund it is for you. But the standard in this thread I know, is just the Emergency and reserved fund.

3) You have already been investing in BTC for a year or so, and you also have an investment portfolio that is of traditional assets like stocks, bonds and commodities.  Let's say your total non-BTC investment portfolio is $50k, and your BTC portfolio is around $5k, and maybe you start to believe that you had been investing into BTC too whimpily over the previous year, so you become concerned that you might not have enough invested into BTC and so you want to reallocate some of your non-BTC portfolio into BTC, and after carrying out some calculations and assessing the various things that you have in your non-BTC portfolio, you recognize that you could probably sell around $12k of some of the holdings without suffering any negative tax consequences since they are about the same value as what you had invested, so therefore, you decide to reallocate $12k into BTC, so that $12k could be considered a lump sum into BTC if you invest right away with it once you receive it, and you don't even have to invest all of it into BTC right away.  You could divide that $12k into 3 parts (which would be DCA, lump sum and buying on dips), and the part that you invest right away into BTC would be considered a lump sum.
I was going through your explanations to Roseline on lump-sum and I was also interested to learn more about it more better than the way I thought I know about it. In all what you have explained the one I love so much is the no 3 explanation. If anyone does not understand this number 4 I don't think the person would ever understand the concept of lump-sum.

Pages: « 1 ... 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 [369] 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 ... 424 »
  Print  

Jump to: