Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:17:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55]
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - A NEW ERA BEGINS  (Read 28349 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1720 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Fallenkeith75

Activity: 242
Merit: 10

Hi Crypto Friends :)

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2021, 10:54:56 PM

so anything new to share ?

Nope. The last official announcement in the Discord was back in May. Also the Discord and Telegram chats are still locked.

https://ibb.co/fCCVnyq - This was the last official update in the Discord Announcement Channel

Make sure to always backup your crypto seeds and passphrases friends

~If you see this signature, I hope you have a great day today!~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 14, 2021, 10:32:13 AM

Nope. The last official announcement in the Discord was back in May. Also the Discord and Telegram chats are still locked.

https://ibb.co/fCCVnyq - This was the last official update in the Discord Announcement Channel

Soo come back in 2-3 years like last time ?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
sluppy
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2021, 07:57:19 PM

I think if we don't hear in the next 2 months that the seed funding has been successful then we can consider the project totally dead.

starting to look that way yes.
If it was so revolutionary as they seem to think it is I would think they would have something to report by now. i guess the companies they contacted disagreed.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
sluppy
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2021, 07:38:59 PM

I think if we don't hear in the next 2 months that the seed funding has been successful then we can consider the project totally dead.

starting to look that way yes.
If it was so revolutionary as they seem to think it is I would think they would have something to report by now. i guess the companies they contacted disagreed.

Perhaps it's something non-tech related they are still thrashing out. There is a lot more to making a deal than just the tech.

I hope thats it and you are right m8.

Ganjamouse

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2021, 06:30:58 AM

Or maybe they just pretended during 3 years that they had something, but they have been paid for actually getting no actual result for the investors.
XBoomerY

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 21, 2021, 03:54:12 PM

Or maybe they just pretended during 3 years that they had something, but they have been paid for actually getting no actual result for the investors.

The team wallets are largely untouched though - you can easily find them on the block explorer. They are the ones with regular monthly payments of xfuel.

Where is XBY sold now?
Ganjamouse

View Profile
July 24, 2021, 04:47:16 PM

The team wallets are largely untouched though - you can easily find them on the block explorer. They are the ones with regular monthly payments of xfuel.

Payment for what exactly lol. 3 years now, and still nothing. Not even the begining of anything.
Ganjamouse

View Profile
July 29, 2021, 06:53:19 AM

Payment for what exactly lol. 3 years now, and still nothing. Not even the begining of anything.

I think you may be surprised.

I am already surprised you still have any hope about this, while they just cut every communication. Perhaps XFUEL will be worth something one day, because that's what they received during 3 years, but XTRABYTES will never be worth anything.
sluppy
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2021, 10:53:55 AM

I am already surprised you still have any hope about this, while they just cut every communication. Perhaps XFUEL will be worth something one day, because that's what they received during 3 years, but XTRABYTES will never be worth anything.

they claim xfuel and xby will merge so that doesnt make sense . both will end up beeing worth something or nothing.

Ganjamouse

View Profile
August 02, 2021, 03:47:44 PM

they claim xfuel and xby will merge so that doesnt make sense . both will end up beeing worth something or nothing.

They claimed ... As if that was worth anything
sluppy
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2021, 04:32:59 AM

"Interim Announcement
Dear Team
In light of the recent community discussion, we feel it is important that the options being
considered are shown to you to demonstrate a degree of transparency. We want you to be
aware that there has been much activity on a “rebrand” option.
A small group has put a huge amount of effort and time to bring to the table an option that gives
this project the best hope of both survival and of delivery.
At first, we looked at keeping and working under the Xtrabytes banner. However, if we were to
deliver working technology faster, we needed substantial investment and advice. Using the
advice, and gauging the general mood of the team and community, a rebrand seemed the only
route to take.
The first choice was to drop the Xtrabytes name in favor of a new name. That option was not
acceptable to Zoltan. A new proposal, considering Zoltáns wishes, was made.
The idea that there would be two separate projects was the next proposition. To appease
prospective investors, this meant that any link with Xtrabytes would need to be tenuous. From
all initial conversations with Zoltán, this appeared agreeable. Under this structure, Zoltan would
be under contract with the new Business Project. The Business Project will license all back-end
technology back to Xtrabytes to use to create community offerings.
Both projects would build their own UI/UX as needs for business and community would be
different - as would the brand identity.
Over the last couple of months, the team developing this option was supported by both
members of the graphics team and the web team. These teams developed an interim new
website, a roadmap, and a relevant URL, etc.
We were ready with an announcement a few weeks ago, ongoing conversations delayed this.
Please note that some initial approaches with seed funding were looking positive for the new
business project - to the degree that at one point we identified a team of 10 x additional
developers that would join us and help speed development up.
We must point out that this compromise of having two separate projects would potentially be
acceptable to investors while having two separate branches under XTRABYTES may not be
acceptable."

"We have developed progress to share. (The Business project will ensure much faster delivery.
The legacy of our friend and co-founder, Dave, would be delivered to the community project.)
First, we need agreement and confirmation for the direction we are taking.
A final question on how the token swap would work is still not finalized. An option to ensure the
survival of the Xtrabytes community project would be to donate XBY and Xfuel in return for the
new coin. Instead of being burned, the tokens would be returned to Xtrabytes to be used to
reward contributors. Holders could decide to retain their XBY and Xfuel tokens and remain with
Xtrabytes.
From a team perspective there would again be choices; to continue contributing to the
community project, or in time and once development is up to an identified point, contributing on
the business side (perhaps if you choose - even both)
Thank you"

So the solution is .. create 2 companies one with a bunch of money and new Devs and one with XBY and Xfuel bagholders .. Well sign me up what a wonderfull deal .. do you want me to Lube up my Ahole or u just gonna do me dry ?

sluppy
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2021, 08:52:19 AM

That’s why you swap your xby/xfuel to the rebranded project. The new project will have the better fundamentals (money/devs) and I expect the old will just fizzle out over time.

Where is the logic in creating a second project with the same Tech that will be competing for the same customers ?

PhillipePhloppe

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 06, 2021, 05:16:41 AM

Danny — Today at 9:51 PM
A Team update September 5, 2021

To determine what the next steps would be for XTRABYTES after the loss of one of our founders and the resulting funding loss, a group of trusted people was selected by Zoltán in December 2020 and January 2021. This group of people came up with a plan for moving forward. The plan included a complete rebrand of the project and  a new token economics. The group developed a schedule of sales rounds to speed up development and create a new foundation structure. The goal being to ensure the technology will be protected and delivered in the shortest possible amount of time.

The one rule of the group was to listen to and have votes for each solution. Resulting in a majority vote in favor of the way a full rebrand would move forward.

A new leadership group was formed to start the work including setting up the new brand with a business plan surrounding it. The results would be reviewed by external advisors and experts.

All of this was ready in early June. On the day of the announcement Zoltán pulled a veto, saying he doesn't support the rebrand anymore and wanted to keep the name xtrabytes at all costs.

The team wasn't in favor of this but still wanted to find the way forward that kept all parties happy. They spent another 2 months working closely with Zoltán on creating a proposal based on a split between a business section and XTRABYTES a community section.
Last week again at the day the announcement was planned to go out Zoltan pulled another veto saying that he doesn't want to launch because he doesn't want his name or technology mentioned in the business side of things. Zoltán’s opinion is that people buy into the "idea" and not into names or technology.
After this last move where the leadership was blocked for a second time, (Spending hours of work into the concept) there is no way they saw the current vision with a split setup working and moving forward. The sentiment shown by the community after the interim announcement confirmed our feelings.

The management team gave it a last try to convince Zoltán that a full rebrand with 200 percent dedication to a single project is the only option to pave a road for potential success.

Unfortunately the management team could not come to an agreement with Zoltán.
He wants to keep holding on to the current name and economics of XTRABYTES at all costs.

Due to all of these events the management team sees no other option than to comply with Zoltan’s wish to let him continue the xtrabytes project as he wants.

The current (management) team will resign from the XTRABYTES project immediately.
We feel that the road Zoltán has taken will result in a permanent delay with the Technology delivery.

We are going to move forward with our eye on success, without harming the existence of XTRABYTES.

As from this moment the XTRABYTES project will be led by Zoltan and by Zoltan alone, any further questions can be addressed to him.

-Leadership team
@everyone

Basically Borz has killed his own project

This project is deader than Dave who im fairly sure is pouncing on his next victims somewhere in the world.
johnwhitestar

Activity: 697
Merit: 262

Slimcoin - the Proof of Donation inventors!

View Profile
September 07, 2021, 01:26:04 PM

If Zoltan is the responsible of the project, what is the way to keep in touch with him and to get updated about the development of his project?

PhillipePhloppe

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 07, 2021, 09:09:28 PM

If Zoltan is the responsible of the project, what is the way to keep in touch with him and to get updated about the development of his project?

I think he plans to get the website up and running and the discord is active but I really don't see how he can continue. He has little to no support now.

Zero support is correct.

He wont even take any blame for this.
johnwhitestar

View Profile
September 07, 2021, 09:30:45 PM

... the discord is active...
I'm not able to use the XBY Discord, it seems disabled and even when it was active there was the absurd verification request to participate (I don't like to give my phone number around, maybe it's wrong).

Zero support is correct.
I think that what was done so far was not that relevant for the project, since the project hasn't moved anywhere in all this time.
So it was in fact zero support before.
But if the idea is the right one it doesn't make sense to throw it away.
Satoshi has begun with just one dev....

XBoomerY

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 08, 2021, 01:49:21 AM

Ah well... is anyone really surprised?
johnwhitestar

View Profile
September 08, 2021, 07:52:34 AM

Ah well... is anyone really surprised?

So many newbies participating in this discussion....
Are you guys afraid to reveal your real nick?  Shocked

Personally I'd be more surprised if the project set up in that way would succeed, but the question remains:
Is there a valid idea behind or not?
If there is, something should be done to let the idea live.

By the way "rebranding" this project in order the old investors to have a tiny share and to let the new investor to take over all wouldn't be in old investors interests. So for the first time in the history of this coin I'm seeing something meaningful done. (Personal opinion of course).

hypercube-lab

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 08, 2021, 10:39:10 AM

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Looking good, I hope this will be the next 100x coin
XTRABYTES (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 186
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2021, 05:55:54 PM

**Former XTRABYTES leadership statement as of 24 September 2021**

This announcement will update you on the most recent events. The text also includes
how the former XTRABYTES leadership plans to move forward.

After our last announcement, while weighing the reactions from both team and
community, we opted to present Zoltán with a final suggestion to save the project, the
team, and the community.

On the 17th of September, in the XTRABYTES workspace server, we shared a two option
document with Zoltán and the complete XTRABYTES team.

The two options were:

**Option 1**
A complete company rebrand, handing over the technology to the new company,
resulting in the shutdown of Xtrabytes.

• The new company would offer all the coin holders the option to swap their XBY/
XFUEL coins into the new coin/company. Zoltán would receive an hourly salary
(yet undetermined) to handle the development (was to be outlined in a Letter of
Intent).
• Zoltán would receive a royalty based on the success of the technology. (was to
be outlined in a Letter of Intent).
• The agreements outlined in the Letter of Intent would be written into a legal
contract after the seed round was completed.
• The company rebranding announcement would progress immediately after
reaching an agreement.
• As per Zoltán's request, his name would be removed from technology references
to him, including the Investor Deck, the website, and any promotional materials.
• Zoltán's XTRABYTES business and legal liability risks would become the
liabilities of the new company.
The Letter of Intent would include (but not limited to):
• An hourly pay rate in USDC or USDT.
• A Royalty Percentage.
• A Non Disclosure Agreement
• The technology/IP would be transferred to the new business.
• The technology/IP would be held by the foundation, not with individuals or
shareholders.
• The agreement that decision making would be made by the leadership - in
time this would transfer to a foundation structure
• An appropriate and trusted member of the former XTRABYTES leadership
would view the PoSign Code to enable them to conform to the team and
community it's been seen - this would not be a question of trust from the
leadership but rather, an essential step for the community.
• A more detailed list of expectations and responsibilities would be identified
in the final contract. ie, to educate new developers to understand the
technology.

**Option 2**
Zoltán choosing to continue with the XTRABYTES company.

• The former XTRABYTES leaders team would not be involved with the
XTRABYTES project.
• The responsibility for any further steps taken by the XTRABYTES project would
be the sole responsibility of Zoltán. Such as the responsibility of community
communications and new team development.
• The new company would no longer make a coin swap available to XBY and
XFUEL.
• The entire liability of XTRABYTES would remain with Zoltán. It would be Zoltán's
sole responsibility to move the project forward.

Zoltán was given a full week to make up his mind and let us know his decision (what option he would go by). Unfortunately, not any kind of answer was given to the former XTRABYTES leadership team.

As a result the former xtrabytes leadership will:
• Interpret Zoltán’s lack of communication as a sign that he prefers option 2 to
option 1. The four bullet points deriving from this decision and described above
will be effective immediately.
• Stop any further communication with Zoltán and interference with his
XTRABYTES project. We will go our separate ways.
• Remove themselves from the XTRABYTES workspace server.

The vision we have is clear. We know what we want and what is needed to reach our
goals.

A new company called AnuuTech™ is in the making.
Key XTRABYTES employees will be approached for immediate and future
cooperation within the new company.

Developers looking to work, contact: development@anuutech.com

- the former XTRABYTES leadership team

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55]
  Print  

Jump to: