Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 04:18:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 210 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★★★ [CAIx] ★ First 100% PoS At Launch ★ PSP ★★★★  (Read 416400 times)
armin22

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:44:33 PM

With respect to the whole CAI/CAIx issue, there was MORE than enough time to exchange the coins, with AMPLE announcement that the change was happening.  Even me, as a crypto-noob, had no issues...I saw the drop-dead announcement of 5/18 deadline via multiple social media outlets weeks in advance, and exchanged my mined coins before then.  The way cryptocurrency is currently, if you don't stay on top of it almost daily, you can have losses.  The onus of loosing your mined CAI and your stake is on YOU, for not monitoring your investment...you cannot say that you lost your 50 Euro overnight due to no fault of your own and the coin creator/devs somehow OWE you for your inattention.  Suck it up, and press on.

I wish people would stop spouting this BS.

The issue is not whether or not there was enough time - Time never entered the equation as there were a limited number of CAIx available and mining more than that number of CAI was allowed. This means that SOME PEOPLE were guaranteed to lose out. Good for you that you managed to exchange your coins - for other people it was not possible.

Up to about a week before the switch, I saw expected dates for mining ENDING of the 19th announced. Mining did not end and that date came forward to the 18th! For example this post on the evening of the 8th May:

this address shows total coins mined on CAI, so 1.6 Mill + 368K that will be destroyed = 1968000 to be mined on CAI
before the mining end. That puts the final day at around : 10.5 days from now.

Not everybody can watch the forums and twitter constantly - I was away with work when this process happened and had no access to my wallet which was secure on my home PC which was powered off. On the 19th when I returned home, it was too late (by just a couple of hours!)

Rather than putting people down who have lost out, how about thinking of other people before yourself and trying to help? TheStuhlman has said he will try to help others by using his own equipment on the mining pool up to the value of the CAI they owned on the 18th. My suggestion to anyone in the position of having missed the exchange is to PM TheStuhlman and hopefully he can still help.

I wish that people would stop saying anything that contradicts their viewpoint as BS.  There was no need to watch twitter and forums daily...I did not.  Yet I was still able to convert my small amount of CAI.  Mining estimation as to the amount of days is just that...estimation.  A couple of big miners having a power failure can change the ESTIMATED time significantly...by days.  I am not putting people down, I am, however, frustrated reading that people who don't follow their investment in a VOLATILE commodity, such as a cryptocurrency, immediately cry scam and want to be made whole.  People say that if this were BTC there would not be this kind of issue...but this is not BTC, it aspires to be, but not at this time.  Are the issues with Darkcoin a scam? How about X11?  And BlackCoin?  All of the investors/miners/traders of those coins should be CRYING for their respective Devs to reimburse them for their trading losses. At some point, people need to move on with the "I didn't know that it wasn't going to change...reimburse me" mindset.

When it comes to "being allow to mine more than the number of CAI that was allowed", do miners need to be babysat?  If I knew that the deadline was around May 18th, which I did weeks in advance from all of the social media announcements, I stopped mining CAI and went on to something else.  I didn't miss out on exchanging, but if I did, it would be my fault for doing so.  Should the devs be responsible for those that AFK mine volatile cryptocurrencies?

I'm not an apologist, but I don't see a lack of communication by The Stuhl.  I however, see a lack of people monitoring their investment, and crying "foul!"  With the way these altcoins change in value by 20%-30% or more a day...one cannot honestly say that they put money into it and expected to sit on their investment for more than a week without monitoring.

And as for you, I am not attacking you personally, but can you seriously say that you have enough confidence in a cryptocurrency that you can put hard earned cash into it and forget about it for weeks+ (being out of touch at work), and expect to profit?  This is not a CD or a bond.

Sorry for being harsh, but it's time to move on, or leave cryptocurrencies altogether since it's so volatile.

As an aside, I in no way speak for CAIx, or it's dev.  I own about 3.2k total now, and have mined it since the beginning.  Wallet address: XdT2HVVmjXH7bqoemmmKZdCmyZyPDu6VZu, with about a 1K on MintPal for trading.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!  Cool

TheGer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:45:46 PM

Aptly put....  they need babysitters
armin22

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:52:27 PM

Aptly put....  they need babysitters

I look at this 30% drop and laugg, i missed the chance to sellchigh and buy backin low, i couldve madr an extra 200caix which wouldve meant alot to me, but instead i made a $180 loss and i dont mind at all. Ive made a 10x loss on lcl but i dont cry at all, ive lost a few bitcoins, yet people on this forum who sre upposed to be older thn me are moaning about their loss?? You are 100% right, they need babysitters.

(Excuse my spelling, im on a tablet on the motorway)

Caishen_Project (OP)

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:18:25 PM

Answers to some of the questions asked on the thread in the past two days:

- A master node, is a CAIx wallet that has a number of CAIx in wallet staking on and off for the month of June, without the CAIx being moved out of the wallet. The number of CAIx in wallet will determine the tier at which the wallet will get paid, payment will be in lump sum after the end of June.

- On Sunday we will determine the initial number of nodes that qualify for payment, however this number will go down as the month proceeds and some wallets lose node status if owners move coins out of wallet, or wallet is not staking.

- The math on how much percentage each node will receive from dividend will be posted on Saturday, final payment per node will depend on total qualifying nodes by end of June.

- CAIx on exchanges will not qualify for dividend pay.

- The wallet will still work the same way it does now. Nothing in the code is changed. Dividend will change nothing as far as staking is concerned.

- People who mined CAI and had CAI in wallet before the 18, I offered to help on my own, and for that I needed a wallet address that shows the coins were deposited in the wallet before the 18. I can not help if the coins were not in the wallet before the 18, yet people keep mining and sending me wallet addresses that shows deposits after the deadline. No matter how many rigs I own, I will never be able to exchange those. I made a list of people who sent me wallets that show addresses that owned CAI before the 18 and I am sending those CAIx as it becomes available from pool. I have posted repeatedly that CAI after the 18 would be worthless, We have done an exceptional effort to exchange CAI to CAIx that some other coins are about to follow suit. If you had a wallet address with CAI in it before the 18 and sent a PM then you are on the list to be compensated, but I can not do this at once I am doing it gradually as CAIx comes from multipool. If you sent me a CAI wallet address that shows CAI came into the wallet on are after the 18, I can not help. There was no way for us to stop the mining physically. CAI was a 100% PoW and that can continue for ever. We have chosen the Exchange route because it was safer than a hard fork.

- People who are still mining CAI and expect it to be changed to CAIx have missed the deadline and we can not help with that. They will not stop till they know mining CAI and demanding exchange will not work.

-  We are about to finish putting the foundation together which will handle all announcements from now on. And members of the CAIx foundation will attempt to answer your questions in a timely manner. The dev team is doing the work, and will explain to the foundation, which in turn will relay the message. The dev team can not be available 24/7 to answer 1 on 1 questions, but with the addition of the foundation, we will get a better reach to the community and investors.

- We know people do not bother to go back 3 pages on the thread to look for an answer so we created a forum that will list our most important information for everyone to read. https://www.caixboard.com/

- The multipool is developed by Paraflux and he is trying to implement many changes to help with stats and payments. The multipool will improve much in the next few days. If you have any questions about payment issues or stats or anything related to mining on http://www.caixpool.com please PM paraflux in #caishen on IRC.

- You can also PM on Bitcointalk if you have a multipool problem and I will forward to Paraflux.

- If some questions are missed please register on https://www.caixboard.com and post your questions there so we can have a better resource for information.

armin22

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:27:29 PM

- A master node, is a CAIx wallet that has a number of CAIx in wallet staking on and off for the month of June, without the CAIx being moved out of the wallet. The number of CAIx in wallet will determine the tier at which the wallet will get paid, payment will be in lump sum after the end of June.

- On Sunday we will determine the initial number of nodes that qualify for payment, however this number will go down as the month proceeds and some wallets lose node status if owners move coins out of wallet, or wallet is not staking.

- The math on how much percentage each node will receive from dividend will be posted on Saturday, final payment per node will depend on total qualifying nodes by end of June.

- The wallet will still work the same way it does now. Nothing in the code is changed. Dividend will change nothing as far as staking is concerned.

- People who mined CAI and had CAI in wallet before the 18, I offered to help on my own, and for that I needed a wallet address that shows the coins were deposited in the wallet before the 18. I can not help if the coins were not in the wallet before the 18, yet people keep mining and sending me wallet addresses that shows deposits after the deadline. No matter how many rigs I own, I will never be able to exchange those. I made a list of people who sent me wallets that show addresses that owned CAI before the 18 and I am sending those CAIx as it becomes available from pool. I have posted repeatedly that CAI after the 18 would be worthless, We have done an exceptional effort to exchange CAI to CAIx that some other coins are about to follow suit. If you had a wallet address with CAI in it before the 18 and sent a PM then you are on the list to be compensated, but I can not do this at once I am doing it gradually as CAIx comes from multipool. If you sent me a CAI wallet address that shows CAI came into the wallet on are after the 18, I can not help. There was no way for us to stop the mining physically. CAI was a 100% PoW and that can continue for ever. We have chosen the Exchange route because it was safer than a hard fork.

- People who are still mining CAI and expect it to be changed to CAIx have missed the deadline and we can not help with that. They will not stop till they know mining CAI and demanding exchange will not work.

-  We are about to finish putting the foundation together which will handle all announcements from now on. And members of the CAIx foundation will attempt to answer your questions in a timely manner. The dev team is doing the work, and will explain to the foundation, which in turn will relay the message. The dev team can not be available 24/7 to answer 1 on 1 questions, but with the addition of the foundation, we will get a better reach to the community and investors.

- We know people do not bother to go back 3 pages on the thread to look for an answer so we created a forum that will list our most important information for everyone to read. https://www.caixboard.com/

- The multipool is developed by Paraflux and he is trying to implement many changes to help with stats and payments. The multipool will improve much in the next few days. If you have any questions about payment issues or stats or anything related to mining on http://www.caixpool.com please PM paraflux in #caishen on IRC.

- You can also PM on Bitcointalk if you have a multipool problem and I will forward to Paraflux.

- If some questions are missed please register on https://www.caixboard.com and post your questions there so we can have a better resource for information.

Thank you

karimdr2

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:56:35 PM

I'm ready for satking 5000 CAIx, how to proceed  for the snapshot? I'll export CSV file transactions and you will check the blockcain?

★ BitNet ★ New Darknet, better than TOR ! FREE VPN ! Free Distribution 14,000,000 VPNCOIN!!! Vg7NuuuJt2snso5N1EMPyPwSTHb2ByiHRo
BTC: 1Gu3KYr3HV1TGJmqgSXXQbGxxdLzTEAN6o
armin22

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:05:30 PM

I'm ready for satking 5000 CAIx, how to proceed  for the snapshot? I'll export CSV file transactions and you will check the blockcain?

A better place to ask would be http://www.caixboard.com

karimdr2

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:11:45 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2014, 05:27:01 PM by karimdr2

I'm ready for satking 5000 CAIx, how to proceed  for the snapshot? I'll export CSV file transactions and you will check the blockcain?

Ok thanks but caixboard is locked (You have insufficient privileges to reply here.)

★ BitNet ★ New Darknet, better than TOR ! FREE VPN ! Free Distribution 14,000,000 VPNCOIN!!! Vg7NuuuJt2snso5N1EMPyPwSTHb2ByiHRo
TheGer

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:27:45 PM

I'm ready for satking 5000 CAIx, how to proceed  for the snapshot? I'll export CSV file transactions and you will check the blockcain?

Ok thanks but caixboard is locked (You have insufficient privileges to reply here.)

Just wanted to quote this big ass post as well..... And put my reply at the bottom so everyone has to scroll down.
UncleJaysus

Activity: 105

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:33:13 PM

Just wanted to quote this big ass post as well..... And put my reply at the bottom so everyone has to scroll down.

LOL. +1. I was literally about to moan about people doing that.
Rabbit80

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:35:52 PM

Also wanted to say thanks for clarifying the situation. Perhaps we can all stop the petty arguing and just post this in future?
armin22

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:42:36 PM

LOL. +1. I was literally about to moan about people doing that.

1: im on my phone

2: i dont know how to quote one single piece of text.

jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 05:43:22 PM

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/2014/5/30/caix-masternodes-explained-dedicated-forum-foundation-almost-completed#

Share share
karimdr2

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:49:26 PM

So I ask again and again: how to take a snapshot.
No need to scroll this time  Grin , so I expect an answer.

UncleJaysus

Activity: 105

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:57:44 PM

You don't need to worry about it.

They will take 'snapshots' of masternode wallet amounts through the month. So, they can see on what given day, how much CAIx a wallet address has in it.

Then, at the end of the month, all wallets that have maintained the required amount of CAIx, will get a dividend payout relative to the tier of their masternode.

So, in summary, just hold your coins, sit back, relax, wait, get paid. Simple.
TheGer

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:38:15 PM

Let the guys handing out the coins handle it, just follow the rules and you'll be fine.

nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:59:05 PM

Will someone who has less than 2k coins still get stake rewards?  Huh

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.
cryptoface

Activity: 67

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 09:40:47 PM

Will someone who has less than 2k coins still get stake rewards?  Huh
yes
quote: The wallet will still work the same way it does now. Nothing in the code is changed. Dividend will change nothing as far as staking is concerned.
Investing123

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

CryptoCalc.org - Altcoin Profit/Loss Calculator

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 10:17:43 PM

I apologize if this has been covered, but how long does it take for coins to become "mature" and staking to begin?  Thanks

TheGer

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:18:41 PM

Roughly 8 hours

I apologize if this has been covered, but how long does it take for coins to become "mature" and staking to begin?  Thanks
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 210 »
  Print  

Jump to: