Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:15:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardcap ICO is no guarantee that the project will succeed  (Read 31432 times)
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 12:57:13 PM

There were too many project which has reached the soft and hard caps but they turned scam in somehow.. Actually we never know that they really reached the hard caps? I want to warn to the ICO review sites. I used to make my researches with the ICO Bench website, they were very trustable at the beginning but in last 1 year their 5.0 pointed ICO projects turned scam. I believe that if they give the full point 5/5 to a project it shouldn't turn scam. And it is not only one, more than %50 projects turned scam which they gave 5 STARS!
They have just been lucky, they never have any strategy or technical tools to really grade this projects, they have also been using the whitepaper document gotten from them to pass their judgment, same as any investor who would be patient enough to research before investing would do and get good projects out, which is still like 50:50 chance’s.

That is why with time, IEO will really make some of these ICO rating sites not active again, since there is already a guarantee that whatever project one is participating in on these TOP exchanges has already been verified to the core and the method of verification is not just limited to the whitepaper research alone.
novaprime

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

UniDApp - it's DeFi time!

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 01:25:36 PM

ICO is not a guarantee that the project will be successful, because most ICO projects are still limited to concepts and do not have clear references,
but projects that don't make ICO or premine are usually serious and good projects.
and I also agree on this, what about your opinion?
It all depends on the project and the team.If the project has a target audience and an interested circle of people who are ready to invest in the project without an ICO, then why should it conduct an ICO?Many projects have collected Hard Cap but did not develop their project and Vice versa, many projects with a modest budget are very successful in the market.So everything is relative.
Depends on their development team. Most of the projects after the ICO do not have any new updates because they have earned huge amounts of money from investors and only need to spend a small amount of money listed on normal exchanges. I think this will have a big impact because even though it is listed on large exchanges, if there is no more information about future partners, it will surely die soon. Perhaps people only care about the immediate profit but never pay attention to the long-term investment, causing many projects to collapse in recent times.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 01:29:15 PM

ICO is not a guarantee that the project will be successful, because most ICO projects are still limited to concepts and do not have clear references,
but projects that don't make ICO or premine are usually serious and good projects.
I absolutely agree with you on this, Reaching softcap or hardcap on an ICO project doesn't really guarantees success that they will deliver their product based on their roadmap and plans. The hardest thing to do with the project is promote and let the community use your product/project. It depends on the projects if it have a real use-case.
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 01:31:51 PM

I believe Charles Hoskinson has pointed out that there is no correlation between a massively successful ICO and the ultimate success of a project, but I think virtually all projects need some capital to succeed. Bitcoin was started purely by enthusiasts, but I think a minimum of $5 to $10 million is needed for most projects. Again, raising substantial sums is no guarantee of success.
beehimneff

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 01:45:02 PM

Yes, I also agree with this, ICO is not a guarantee of the success of the project. On the contrary, according to statistics, investors are afraid to invest in ICO, because the probability of losing their money is very high.
jolle123

Activity: 190
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 01:57:48 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2019, 02:38:13 PM by jolle123

Even the project will raised the hardcap if they will only list tokens on the cheap Exchanges you know what to happen it will always dump, but if they will go to a good exchangers maybe it will much better for the project.Now we cant see a project that will list the tokens on a top exchangers because they will not able to make it if they will list on the top exchangers.And i have a good project that you may try also the yanu.io that offers IEO now and we can used also the tokens they offerin the future products of yanu.io.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 02:34:44 PM

I agree that an ICO meeting a Hardcap is not a guarantee that it will succeed.  It is not the finance or funds alone dictates the faith of the project.  Developer plays a huge part probably even greater than the funding of the project.  If a project do not have a competent developer, they will never deliver the project on time worst, unable to deliver it.

There are lots of non-ICO coins that are not good project.  Many of them are just experimental and at the end die naturally.
cryptolord2077

Activity: 1064
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 03:08:21 PM

I agree, but it is better to have a project that does not collect money. There is no guarantee ever, however, those projects whose fundraising was successful succeed much more often.
BryanK

Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 04:04:55 PM

I agree with your opinion. Projects that do not need ICO are more successful because of the strong financial support of investment centers. The price of the coin on the exchange will also be stable.
Kemileye

Activity: 573
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 05:27:54 PM

The truth is that hardcap is not a criteria for a successful project. I have seen some projects that didn't collect hardcap and they are still waxing very strong in the crypto industry.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord            synthetic asset trading  
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange  
khimer_rangers

Activity: 565
Merit: 100

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 06:12:26 PM

yes you are right, hardcap is not a guarantee that the project will succeed in the future, of course the team must work hard again if they want to succeed in the future if they continue to develop projects and updates every few months they will become strong, and not just register at the exchange and finish.

De_nis

Activity: 560
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 06:42:10 PM

If hardcap were collected by the bad guys, then these are losses for investors and bounty hunters, and if an honest successful team, then a successful ICO increases the chances for a high-quality and fast project implementation.
trudovik

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 06:44:52 PM

It seems to me that we will have to support people who say that projects that have collected hardcap, on the contrary, are driving themselves to a very bad situation, because in general the situation looks very terrible precisely in terms of the need for these tokens. It is a fact
Hans Groober

Activity: 276

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 09:45:25 PM

I have not seen ICO projects for a long time that could collect hardcaps.
Earlier, if the project was collecting Hardcap - it gave a 99% guarantee that it would be implemented. In any case, there was always an exception to the rule.

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
ljane

Activity: 467

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 09:48:42 PM

This is really true considering what some projects have raised in ICOs and have dumped the projects leaving the investors disarray.. I joined so many projects and they caught the hardcap and now they are nowhere to be found.

I’m me
Nasonn

Activity: 616
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 09:52:45 PM

Exactly, I have seen a number of projects that reached their hardcap withing hours but they are still struggling to find their footing. I believe most got carried away with the huge sum they realised and decided to start going on vacations instead of doing the job they collected funds from investors to do.
Fuhre

Activity: 644
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 10:21:06 PM

The most important thing is to choose and have a professional team  to make ICO successful, by using their knowledge and experience in managing funds. Although it does not guarantee 100% that it works, it can have great potential for success, because it has become a problem that needs to be addressed by the project developer. that is the function of ICO fundraising, especially if it has reached Hardcap. but if without a ICO a project can run smoothly I don't think it's a problem
bangjoe

Activity: 1470
Merit: 714

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 10:32:26 PM

I think no one thinks that if ICO is successful then projects and coins will also succeed, ICO determines capital and if they can get enough capital it will increase the opportunity for the project to succeed, only adding opportunities does not determine the success of a project and therefore if The ICO can reach hardcap so the chances of success are also increasing and it also proves that many investors are interested in the project and isn't that a good thing to consider?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
samycoin

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 10:39:01 PM

Most of the some ICO that reach the hard cap is don't have any assurance that will be have great future in the crypto market because some of ICO that have ICO before is now dead or useless. So if we want a good coin to invest find a good one that really have good future good value. Especially the project that no need to do ICO but make their project successful.

[   N O M I N E X   ]        EXCHANGE       ◥        telegram      facebook      twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)         in         T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
odukoyaewatomi27

Activity: 536
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 10:44:04 PM

You are very right about this. The completion of Hardcap is not a guarantee that a project will be successful, in short I have seen projects that met their Hardcap but failed badly and projects that didn't meet their Hardcap but still did very well. I think it is down to the seriousness and hardworking ability of the team. If the team is very hardworking and are able to market the project well and deliver a good product then the project will surely succeed. But most project team are just concerned about immediate profit and how to become rich overnight.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: