Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:33:42 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardcap ICO is no guarantee that the project will succeed  (Read 31432 times)
mensahkkofie

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 10:56:13 PM

Truth be told. Anytime some of us read about a particular project achieving hardcap or softcap, the only thing that usually comes to mind most of the time that the project would surely be successful. In most cases people don't want to end up in FOMO.
veraro

Activity: 966
Merit: 100

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 07:01:54 AM

That's true ico or reaching hardcap is not a guarantee that the project will be successful. This is a thing about crypto there are no guarantees at all. The project which looks absolutely successful can be failed, doubtful one can be very successful. There are a lot of things from depends will project successfully or not and luck is very big part of it.

Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 07:18:59 AM

ICO is not a guarantee that the project will be successful, because most ICO projects are still limited to concepts and do not have clear references,
but projects that don't make ICO or premine are usually serious and good projects.
and I also agree on this, what about your opinion?

I think they didn't really hit the hardcap. There were several ICO projects that fabricated their raised money.
If they were hitting hardcap, many peoples should create the volume using their coin in the market, and the price wouldn't dropped too much.
The hardcap is not what they really need to make the project to happen, though that is what they make everyone believe, but I am sure the hardcap is just quoted for contingencies, few companies are the ones that are truthful about their hardcap quote, which they return funds back to the investors when they are not able to meet up.

Any company with very good product can make do with the softcap they quote; over estimations is what is shooting their price up to hardcap. Hardcap or no hardcap, the project product is what is the most integral aspect of a project; they can start will little on a big project and grow high on it.
Wale777

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 12:39:48 PM

There have been so many projects that didn't succeed and they achieved their hardcap, such examples are savedroid and multiversum, they both raised soft cap but there is no significant success they achieved, though raising hardcap is a positive one for icos because its evidence that investors have interest but its not the ultimate
byamni

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 01:49:45 PM

ICO is just a way to scam money from investors, even if ICO reached hardcap the Dev or CEO behind project will not work hard to make project successful because after all its free money and no guarantee for investors (ultimate excuse), Best example is ICO Chronobank Time https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/chronobank/  2 years and 5 months old project reached Hardcap with millions of dollars and until now no product at all they developed only a wallet like MEW with lot of bug and investors are holding a token worth a dust from its initial ICO price -96% (token ico price: BTC0.01 / token price now: BTC0.00039)
taguig
Copper Member

Activity: 479
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 02:55:57 PM

ICO is not a guarantee that the project will be successful, because most ICO projects are still limited to concepts and do not have clear references,
but projects that don't make ICO or premine are usually serious and good projects.

I don't know the exact figure, but investors and bounty hunters are posting as high as 90% may be true because 2 out of my 12 bounty campaign do not have a value at all, or failed to reach the soft cap, projects that want to launch their ICO should have a revolutionary concept and their developers are well known to be able to get their project funded.
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 03:05:20 PM

I wouldn't mind developers doing premine but they should state it, developers that are behind the project that dont do ico are serious because their time is at stake, if the coin failed that would be a great loss for the developer because they invested their time at it, compare to ico's the developers can just slack because the funding is already secured and they can just abadon the project if they want to and run with the money.
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 03:07:51 PM

Hardcap is indeed not a permanent determinant of this moment the most important thing is that a product or platform can be accepted by the community so that it can provide benefits for dev to be able to run according to the roadmap because of course investors will come by themselves

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
ahmed04

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 05:52:48 AM

ICO can be a good start for product development. And if you have a good and promising product, you can easily find investors. With the proper implementation of ICO in your project, you can get a good profit.
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2019, 06:08:47 AM

Nothing in this world cannot guarantee the success of any project. In crypto things change often from a day to another. You can have a great project,  but if there will appear similar ideas developed by stronger teams then tou might fail.

However,  reaching the hard cap is a guarantee that most of the points stated in Whitepaper can be properly developed. But having or not success is a different and more complex thing.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 06:30:31 AM

Hardcap on ICO is not guarantee that the project will be succesfull is true but at least it's already a good start for develop a project. With a big amount of the result of the ICO, i'm sure the team will develop the project seriously. It's not instant of course, it takes time to make a newborn project into a good one.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 06:33:55 AM

Nothing in this world cannot guarantee the success of any project.
That is true meyt . we are living on a world that everything is unsure

In crypto things change often from a day to another.

Yes because cryptos are unstable and anything related to it such as ico coins will also be affected  but the coins volatility is not related to the mind of the devs of the ico  .

You can have a great project,  but if there will appear similar ideas developed by stronger teams then tou might fail.

I think that is already considered a copyright thing because others are copying your idea but they slightly modify it to look different   . we must only support the original  
installer

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 07:59:35 AM

Absolutely not, I have seen so much great projects that collected 20, 40 even 80 millions of USD during the last spring and have even not distributed their tokens yet. Posting no updates, no activity in the chats, I do not know what is going to be with such projects in the future.
Dennicex

Activity: 393

Coinsbit exchange

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2019, 08:41:02 AM

Absolutely not, I have seen so much great projects that collected 20, 40 even 80 millions of USD during the last spring and have even not distributed their tokens yet. Posting no updates, no activity in the chats, I do not know what is going to be with such projects in the future.
Therefore, I personally like to invest in IEO. Firstly, it is a more reliable product. Secondly, the coin is immediately traded on the exchange. This is a huge plus. Plus protection from scam. This is very important. Today, by the way, a very cool IEO will be from the Gexan project. I'm going to participate.

Coinsbit is a new trading platform that provides businesses and individual traders with Low commissions, Multi-Support, Strong Security, and Open API.
rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 08:54:54 AM

Most likely if there are no activities that occur within a few months, for example. of course the project can be said to be dead. Projects that collect large funds should certainly have a work plan for the project going forward. If there is no activity at all, the project will certainly die. That is why there is no guarantee that if the project collects large amounts of funds, the project will be successful.
Kpelumo

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 09:53:21 AM

Most of these projects that claim to have hit hard cap are just a sham. They make up this to lure more investors into the project. And even if they acually met hard cap, it's not a guarantee to the success of the project as you said.
GREENch

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 10:04:35 AM

As a rule, the tokens of projects that are distributed on the PrePreSale go to investment funds, and those in turn have a whole staff of analysts and will not invest in questionable projects. So here I agree with TS.
agatha90

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 12:37:45 PM

Yes all right, even though sales sell well it doesn't guarantee that the ico is running well and successfullyt depends on how they manage the project. If it is clear and well controlled, good teamwork, surely the project will be successful.
santouao

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 01:33:15 PM

This will not make a successful project even it raised hardcap,it only defines how investors buy tokens and reach the limit of investments,so it will not make the project successful if its not having a good product and if they will list tokens on  cheap Exchanges and noo will happen to the project.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
[/center]
tunapa

Activity: 667

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 01:45:55 PM

Most project becomes unserious after raising a good amount of money for its project. Majority don’t have the idea on how to achieve their goals and promises. That’s when we see them dong the same thing multiple times. Postponing events and plans everytime rob whike away time. Most non-Ico project are usually the best and some Of the Ico ones that are serious.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: