Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:40:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardcap ICO is no guarantee that the project will succeed  (Read 31426 times)
Iykecollins
Copper Member

Activity: 376
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 01:50:55 PM

The ICO trust level has died down and I have grown to trust a lot of coins that launch before going through ICO first. Such projects like hydro and ontology never passed through ICO and they became successful. The hardcap thing is exploitative as it most of those private investors and developers that have a large chunk of the unsold tokens tend to dump on the unsuspecting investors

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 09:12:16 PM

But this gives confidence that the project will have enough money to implement their ideas. The question is another, and whether they will spend this money correctly?
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2019, 09:41:28 PM

This is very right
We have seen projects reach hardcap and end up disappearing
Even digitex has failed to launch a product over a year now and so many more

Hardwork and sincere seriousness is what leads to a successful project
Eraldo Coil

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 09:45:55 PM

That is why most of the time, if the ICO is falling down after the campaign, I dump them right away if I really need money. Hard cap is not indicative of the coin's performance. There are a lot of projects who ignores their product and does not follow the road map which sucks because you can't hold your coins or tokens anymore.

altscaner

Activity: 269
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 09:53:22 PM

agree because most of the ico that reach hardcap are only a few who have managed to make roi, the rest mostly ends up with price declines even some of the old projects are scam.

Nuxxorcoin

Activity: 332
Merit: 22

Turkish Translator

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 09:52:51 AM

I agree with this view. Hara project can be given as an example. It made a hard cap by taking $ 30 million investment in just 4 hours. But the project is still stable and counting.
babicena14

Activity: 780
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 10:14:28 AM

I agree that Hard Cap does not guarantee that the project will be successful. By investing in the project at the ICO stage, you trust its developers and wait for the fulfillment of promises and implementation of plans. But the team may not be able to cope with the technical part due to lack of experience or constantly violate deadlines, which will make investors doubt its competence.

Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2019, 10:47:44 AM

IMHO the only guarantee for the project success is a great solid team. As history shows, projects can spend all their money very fast without any results)

DeepChipolino

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 01:24:30 PM

Like Boscoin. The project accumulated funds in a short span of time and there was a craze for it. See it's state now when nobody wants to even talk about it and the team is not active on telegram too.
Right.
If a project is created for profit, then a hard cap can be detrimental to success. The team will get more money than the minimum for development, then it has no big desire to work productively. And what for? there is money Grin

silver23

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 01:44:49 PM

ICO with hardcap is no longer a benchmark that the project will succeed and the project is not a fraud.
I have experienced a 3x hardcap project and taken away by a team that does not exist until now.
I am already bored with ICO and will now focus on IEO and listed coins.
I just hope ICO will return to normal like before.
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 01:49:42 PM

Can you atleast give some names of icos who reach hard cap and get trash in the end of the project?because me personaly havent seen or joined ico bounty who reach hard cap and ended up being trash.Im just curious can you guys name some

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
Sonik33

Activity: 138
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 01:52:02 PM

Achieving hard caps from crypto currencies does not increase the success of crypto currencies. Hard Cap is the gateway to the struggle for a slightly better crypto currency. Many projects have achieved a hard stamp but have not yet succeeded. Many are not yet registered in the market and many are still struggling to gain public trust. We cannot make the hard cap a benchmark for the success of a coin. Hard cap is just a funding problem and not dealing with problems from project implementation so that the success factor of a crypto currency does not only depend on the hard cap.
boris singer

Activity: 882
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 02:30:34 PM

need to be checked from the start what is their total supply and adjust to the accumulated price and their sales target. if the hardcap determination is reached but sets a fund that is not so large, the developer will find it difficult to determine the plan that applies afterwards. There are also projects with soft cap funds that look maximal but can continue to target their roadmap, so the point looks the same but there are several different points.
Nisansala

Activity: 384

First LEARN then EARN

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2019, 02:42:14 PM

100% agreed. I also invest in some project that reaches their hard cap. but not a success. Therefore now I'm very careful when investing in ICO. before investing, read their whitepaper and get an idea about what they are doing and how the team will achieve it. and also do some research team is good and trusted. I found some good ICO called Harmony. do some research and invest it.

Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 03:12:25 PM

It is sometimes good to see a project reach hardcap, inasmuch as it isa legit project an that the team is ready to deliver their promises. If any project reaches hardcap and yet fails after listing on exchange, it is a pure scam.
This is one of the reasons investors are afraid of funding projects with their money and at the same time, those projects find it hard to reach hardcap.
EXtremeAEX

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 04:37:40 PM

ICO is not a guarantee that the project will be successful, because most ICO projects are still limited to concepts and do not have clear references,
but projects that don't make ICO or premine are usually serious and good projects.
and I also agree on this, what about your opinion?
I think that in the market of crypto currencies nothing gives any guarantee. Participation in the ICO is a big risk. Each participant assesses risks according to its criteria. But even the combination of positive moments doesn't give you any guarantee that the project will be successful.

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████
AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
HanaTenun

Activity: 817
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 04:41:13 PM

I think that in the market of crypto currencies nothing gives any guarantee. Participation in the ICO is a big risk. Each participant assesses risks according to its criteria. But even the combination of positive moments doesn't give you any guarantee that the project will be successful.
improved market moments, may be used to attract investors to join the project, but true to your word, it all does not provide a guarantee for the success of the project. even after their sales are successful, they must determine their success by surviving at a good price on the market.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
I Like Bitcoin
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 04:55:53 PM

Unfortunately, in some projects, the main goal is to collect as much money as possible and that's all. Such projects, when they collect money, simply spend it on different nonsense without developing the project, or worse, they create new unnecessary ICO.

dizzy1996

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

MoonDeFi

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 05:03:00 PM

Of course, I agree with your words since the achievement of the hardcap is not the main indicator of the success of the project, since the market is very full of similar projects that after the successful implementation of the ICO simply went to the bottom. The main goal of any project is to create a product and support it, and funds can always be raised.

► MoonDefi ◄ ♦ Decentralised Protocol For Automated Liquidity ♦ ► MoonDefi ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit
BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2019, 05:57:13 PM

ICO is not a guarantee that the project will be successful, because most ICO projects are still limited to concepts and do not have clear references,
but projects that don't make ICO or premine are usually serious and good projects.
and I also agree on this, what about your opinion?
well there a lot of good coin before that not start in ICO or premine and they are one of the top coin today
so we can say it not really about getting hardcap is the reason for one coin to be successful
i think its about the community support and the knowledge of the team behind it

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: