Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:35:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DISCONTINUED] cryp.today Mining revenue stats Scrypt Scrypt-N X11 X13  (Read 144221 times)
dspair

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 04:23:55 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 04:55:51 AM by dspair

They have several big advantages:
* Cheap power, which is critical for GPU mining
* Most of the mining there is for themselves, so they work to make it profitable
* They are their own pool, three isn't any real ping delays
Other multipools don't even waste their own power on mining rigs. Also, from scrypt.cc: "We calculate the avarage profit for the last 10 minutes, reduce eletricity, upkeep costs and pass the rest to you". So you pay for their electricity and you still get A LOT more than on any other multipool.
Other multipools get a cut from miners' profits, nobody runs a charity.
And multipools don't use other pools too (well, 99% of the time - ghash.io promo). Do you think low latency can substantially increase the profits? Usually reject rate on multipools is around 1-5%, not 30%.

Comparison to most efficient multipools, last 3 days
scrypt.cc: 0.00637944 btc
wafflepool: 0.0053527 btc
20% higher

scrypt.cc: 0.00703569 btc
coinshift: 0.00505704 btc
40% higher

scrypt.cc: 0.00625852 btc
scryptguild: 0.00460924 btc
36% higher

And on all other multipools you can see what coin they mine. Here it's "Coin (23)" and "Coin (30)".

Possible explanations I can think of:
1) They've found some super profitable coins nobody knows about. Like a lot of them. While I was writing it, they've been switching between 3 coins. There are some coins like that, but they are NOT THAT profitable. But who knows, right now they mine Coin (15).
2) Miscalculation? Doesn't look like you guys disagree with suchmoon, so I guess everything is right.
bjalbert

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:25:02 AM

On Ghash multi does anyone know if it is better to check "drop miner jobs when switching coins" or leave it off? I guess having the miner drop the job and go to the most profitable coin may offset losing work on current job but how long does a job normally run for? I have 5300kh/s and if I run 60 jobs a min then dropping the job makes sense but if it is 1 job/5 min I probably would want to finish it.

Does anyone have a better understanding of this?
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:32:00 AM

They have several big advantages:
* Cheap power, which is critical for GPU mining
* Most of the mining there is for themselves, so they work to make it profitable
* They are their own pool, three isn't any real ping delays
Other multipools don't even waste their own power on mining rigs. Also, from scrypt.cc: "We calculate the avarage profit for the last 10 minutes, reduce eletricity, upkeep costs and pass the rest to you". So you pay for their electricity and you still get A LOT more than on any other multipool.
Other multipools get a cut from miners' profits, nobody runs a charity.
And multipools don't use other pools too (well, 99% of the time - ghash.io promo). Do you think low latency can substantially increase the profits? Usually reject rate on multipools is around 1-5%, not 30%.

Comparison to most efficient multipools, last 3 days
scrypt.cc: 0.00637944 btc
wafflepool: 0.0053527 btc
20% higher

scrypt.cc: 0.00703569 btc
coinshift: 0.00505704 btc
40% higher

scrypt.cc: 0.00625852 btc
scryptguild: 0.00460924 btc
36% higher

And on all other multipools you can see what coin they mine. Here it's "Coin (23)" and "Coin (30)".

Possible explanations I can think of:
1) They've found some super profitable coins nobody knows about. Like a lot of them. While I was writing it, they've been switching between 3 coins. There are some coins like that, but they are NOT THAT profitable. But who knows, right now they mine Coin (15).
2) Miscalculation? Doesn't look like you guys disagree with suchmoon, so I guess everything is right.

They have told members that they don't disclose the exact coin because they don't want other pools following them.   That wreaks any advantage they may have found.   When an Admin is online they will tell you what coins they are mining if you ask.  

The profit calculator isn't that useful as it changes too much.    There can be a lot of variation.    

If you have your own mining hardware you can point your hardware at whatever pool you want.   However, current ASICs are limited to scrypt only and you should expect that profits will decline as more and more ASICs are sold.  The downside of scrypt.cc is that if you buy KHS there you have to sell it there.  
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:32:16 AM

There's one that does even better than scrypt.cc currently...

BlackCoinPool

They are basically a multipool paying out in BC instead of BTC.
Now look at the BC/BTC exchange rate over the last week...
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8969

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 05:29:35 PM

Added Coinfu, removed TradeMyBit (Scrypt-N), getting ready to test TradeMyBit regular scrypt pool.

Since the TMB "N" multipool didn't perform quite as well as expected I'm still looking to add a non-Scrypt pool as an alternative to the soon-to-be-killed-by-ASICs mainstream pools. Scrypt-N, X11, anything that can be mined profitably with GPUs will be considered. If you have any suggestions please feel free to PM or post here. Thanks!
zneww

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:06:38 PM

Added Coinfu, removed TradeMyBit (Scrypt-N), getting ready to test TradeMyBit regular scrypt pool.

Since the TMB "N" multipool didn't perform quite as well as expected I'm still looking to add a non-Scrypt pool as an alternative to the soon-to-be-killed-by-ASICs mainstream pools. Scrypt-N, X11, anything that can be mined profitably with GPUs will be considered. If you have any suggestions please feel free to PM or post here. Thanks!

Though small, I think CoinSolvers Scrypt-N would be a good add
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 04:30:38 PM

No major changes today. Due to my conservative strategy at LeaseRig I can't show the result of the Whitecoin craze yesterday. I had my benchmark rig rented out for ~0.0057 for 72 hours, while my other rigs were fetching 150-200% as much on short term (6-24 hours) contracts. Nicehash reflects some of that demand.
dyask

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:54:56 AM

There's one that does even better than scrypt.cc currently...

BlackCoinPool

They are basically a multipool paying out in BC instead of BTC.
Now look at the BC/BTC exchange rate over the last week...

Seems like BC has crashed.   I don't really see the logic in going from Altcoin -> BC -> BTC, that extra hop is costly and risky.  If BC is gaining value you win, when it isn't gaining you lose.   In all cases you lose the extra exchange fee.   If the pool is really great, it would do well just going from altcoin to BTC.   
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 08:34:57 AM

Altcoin -> BC -> BTC

I doubt they can exchange directly to BC. It's probably Altcoin -> BTC -> BC -> BTC. I think the goal is to "support" BC, which is another word for "pump", which has an evil twin called "dump".
dyask

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:11:40 AM

Altcoin -> BC -> BTC

I doubt they can exchange directly to BC. It's probably Altcoin -> BTC -> BC -> BTC. I think the goal is to "support" BC, which is another word for "pump", which has an evil twin called "dump".

True ... so you have two exchange fees working against you.   I don't have anything against the pool and it is a great idea to support a coin, it just doesn't seem like a good way to compare performance as a big part of the performance will be how well BC does against BTC.    It was great yesterday and horrible today.
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:31:46 PM

It mines alts and pays out in BC. Some newsflow did indeed generate a pump (and a subsequent dump...) in BC but the pool gives a nice way imo to support sustained demand in a coin that's fully PoS.

Maybe not a pure comparison to the regular multipools though, I'll give you that.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 05:05:52 PM

Removed GHash multipool. The website was down at the time when I needed to collect stats, which made the decision easy. It's been underperforming anyway.

And yes, that is Doge going to the moon. Or at least its exchange rate is, 30% up since Monday.

Just as yesterday I'm still on my 72-hour lease on LeaseRig, while the current rates have doubled to ~0.011.
edonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:13:51 PM

Removed GHash multipool. The website was down at the time when I needed to collect stats, which made the decision easy. It's been underperforming anyway.

And yes, that is Doge going to the moon. Or at least its exchange rate is, 30% up since Monday.

Just as yesterday I'm still on my 72-hour lease on LeaseRig, while the current rates have doubled to ~0.011.

I wonder if it's worth switching to straight Doge, or if this burst of profitability is just temporary.

I've always mined on multipools, except during the ghash.io LTC introductory reward period. But I'd be willing to consider Doge.

Suchmoon, you're using a private Doge P2PPool, right? I guess that means you set up your own node.

If I were to point some hash at a Doge pool, would I be better off with a public P2PPool node, or is there some reputable standard Doge pool someone can recommend?

Are there any recommended MH/s minimums for Doge P2Pools like there are for LTC P2Pools?

Looks like there are good guides online for finding the closest node and configuring cgminer, so that looks simple enough.

Was I helpful?   BTC: 3G1Ubof5u8K9iJkM8We2f3amYZgGVdvpHr
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 02:13:02 AM

I wonder if it's worth switching to straight Doge, or if this burst of profitability is just temporary.

I've always mined on multipools, except during the ghash.io LTC introductory reward period. But I'd be willing to consider Doge.

Suchmoon, you're using a private Doge P2PPool, right? I guess that means you set up your own node.

If I were to point some hash at a Doge pool, would I be better off with a public P2PPool node, or is there some reputable standard Doge pool someone can recommend?

Are there any recommended MH/s minimums for Doge P2Pools like there are for LTC P2Pools?

Looks like there are good guides online for finding the closest node and configuring cgminer, so that looks simple enough.

One thing to keep in mind is that I capture the stats once a day and it just so happened that today the exchange rate for doge was significantly higher than yesterday, mining proceeds over 24 hours roughly the same, so the end result was 0.008+ instead of ~0.006. I could easily go the other way, e.g. exchange rate could drop next day and BTC profitability could be 0.004. If I had been exchanging coins e.g. every hour then the profitability would be probably less erratic because I would be tracking the difficulty / exchange rate correlation more closely (although it's not perfect either). Plus I had better than average luck recently, which won't last forever.

I believe than over long term a good multipool will outperform Doge or LTC. Although my own charts are proving me wrong at the moment, I think it's just short-term variance.

To be honest I don't know of a good Doge pool to recommend, which is part of a reason I'm running my own node. Not having to pay any fees is a nice bonus. MH/s doesn't really matter if you're in for the long run, but anything less than 2-3 MH/s might be boring during the less lucky periods.

edonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:33:13 AM

One thing to keep in mind is that I capture the stats once a day and it just so happened that today the exchange rate for doge was significantly higher than yesterday, mining proceeds over 24 hours roughly the same, so the end result was 0.008+ instead of ~0.006. I could easily go the other way, e.g. exchange rate could drop next day and BTC profitability could be 0.004. If I had been exchanging coins e.g. every hour then the profitability would be probably less erratic because I would be tracking the difficulty / exchange rate correlation more closely (although it's not perfect either). Plus I had better than average luck recently, which won't last forever.

I believe than over long term a good multipool will outperform Doge or LTC. Although my own charts are proving me wrong at the moment, I think it's just short-term variance.

To be honest I don't know of a good Doge pool to recommend, which is part of a reason I'm running my own node. Not having to pay any fees is a nice bonus. MH/s doesn't really matter if you're in for the long run, but anything less than 2-3 MH/s might be boring during the less lucky periods.

Thanks for getting back to me. That's good info.

I guess I'll stick with the multipools for now, but I'm going to keep an eye on the Doge and LTC P2Pools. As you indicated, both of those have beat most of the multpools in your 10 day average.

That's interesting because WafflePool (one of the more transparent multipools) is mainly mining Doge and LTC anyway. They also have tons of hash power (having snagged the "whale" away from CleverMining), so they should have less variance. Ideally they should be doing better than either Doge or LTC, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I don't think the 2% fee explains the delta either.

If I do start mining Doge, I think I might go with a P2Pool node that has low latency and no fees. I found several in the 25 millisecond range that had zero fees.

Of course if I've got Doge then I have to figure out what exchange to use if I want to convert it to BTC. I never had to think about that with the multipools because conversion happens automatically.

Was I helpful?   BTC: 3G1Ubof5u8K9iJkM8We2f3amYZgGVdvpHr
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 05:38:39 AM

Thanks for getting back to me. That's good info.

I guess I'll stick with the multipools for now, but I'm going to keep an eye on the Doge and LTC P2Pools. As you indicated, both of those have beat most of the multpools in your 10 day average.

That's interesting because WafflePool (one of the more transparent multipools) is mainly mining Doge and LTC anyway. They also have tons of hash power (having snagged the "whale" away from CleverMining), so they should have less variance. Ideally they should be doing better than either Doge or LTC, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I don't think the 2% fee explains the delta either.

If I do start mining Doge, I think I might go with a P2Pool node that has low latency and no fees. I found several in the 25 millisecond range that had zero fees.

Of course if I've got Doge then I have to figure out what exchange to use if I want to convert it to BTC. I never had to think about that with the multipools because conversion happens automatically.

You can set up automatic conversion at Cryptsy. You might not be getting the best exchange rate that way, but unless you're moving millions of shibes per day manual trading is probably not worth the time and headache anyway,
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 04:43:45 PM

No major changes today except that things are finally looking up after a long steady slide down. If you haven't already done so, check out nicehash.com - it's an easy way to join whatever the latest crypto-bubble is going on right now.
jparsley

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:21:03 PM

Nice work

please unban me.
minter12345

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 06:36:23 PM

No major changes today except that things are finally looking up after a long steady slide down. If you haven't already done so, check out nicehash.com - it's an easy way to join whatever the latest crypto-bubble is going on right now.

I'm gonna give nicehash a try see if its any good with my antminers on SHA256.  Thanks for the suggestion suchmoon.  Keep up the good work, I keep an eye on this thread to see whats good and new Wink

Free coins every day: QoinPro Including Bitcoins!
risingtide

Activity: 143
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 08:51:43 AM

For anyone interested: Gridseed prices have dropped significantly and you can get the "blade" for $1500 (~0.60-0.65 BTC per MH/s at this time). The "cupcakes" are about $120 these days (~0.8 BTC per MH/s). Don't overpay if you are looking to buy.

Please PM me the supplier details for the blade. GAW Miners messed up on my order so I'm back to square one.

🚀 🚀Bitcoin mining with NFTs 🚀 🚀
⚡️⚡️Join us in the Digimint Discord⚡️⚡️
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: