Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:55:24 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DISCONTINUED] cryp.today Mining revenue stats Scrypt Scrypt-N X11 X13  (Read 144221 times)
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8969

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 06:12:03 AM

Added NiceHash. Please note that it is a very new service and there might be some growing pains. It is incompatible with cgminer 3.7.2 and older. Reject rates are extremely high at the moment.

Did you configure a minimum price on nicehash? I'm going to try it with a 5.0 setting so I should get at least .005/MH/day

I have no minimum as my goal is to evaluate overall profitability, no matter if it's low bids, rejects etc. If it yields 0.002 I will put 0.002 on the chart. But for your own mining I would agree, it makes sense to set a price limit at or above your most profitable failover pool.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 05:05:49 PM

Added scrypt.cc. Please note that it is quite different from anything else on these charts, so proceed with caution. High yield comes with an initial investment cost roughly twice the cost of buying mining hardware as of today (e.g. Gridseed Blade). That is counterbalanced by the ability to trade hashpower in a fairly liquid market. Weigh carefully whether or not that is an acceptable risk for you.
Shastada

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:41:20 PM

Added scrypt.cc. Please note that it is quite different from anything else on these charts, so proceed with caution. High yield comes with an initial investment cost roughly twice the cost of buying mining hardware as of today (e.g. Gridseed Blade). That is counterbalanced by the ability to trade hashpower in a fairly liquid market. Weigh carefully whether or not that is an acceptable risk for you.

Honestly Scrypt.cc sounds like a ponzi scheme. High initial investment? check... Unrealistic rate of return? check... at some point they'll disappear with your money, it almost seems guaranteed.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 05:57:51 PM

Honestly Scrypt.cc sounds like a ponzi scheme. High initial investment? check... Unrealistic rate of return? check... at some point they'll disappear with your money, it almost seems guaranteed.

That's what I'm here for... to lose my money so that you don't have to  Grin
z0rr0

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:59:43 PM

Well, I dont defend Scrypt.cc (as I dont use them), but approx the same was said previously about Cex.io...
Cex.io grow big, Scrypt.cc is (is it?) the 1st scrypt cloud mining service, time will tell, there is always risk when trusting your funds to some online service (just remember inputs.io, 50btc, gox, coinex etc)
Shastada

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 08:58:00 PM

Well, I dont defend Scrypt.cc (as I dont use them), but approx the same was said previously about Cex.io...
Cex.io grow big, Scrypt.cc is (is it?) the 1st scrypt cloud mining service, time will tell, there is always risk when trusting your funds to some online service (just remember inputs.io, 50btc, gox, coinex etc)

I wasn't around the mining game when Cex.io came out, but did they have a rate of return that was significantly higher than would be expected? The KH/s rate at scrypt.cc right now seems absurd with suchmoon's first two days of reporting. If it continues to be an outlier in performance it would almost have to be a scam since otherwise other's would be able mine in a similar manner and get the same return. It could be they 'underreport' the mining rate so you're really getting more KH/s than what an equivalent cgminer would say you're getting so in reality the numbers would be similar. For example 1MH at scrypt.cc is actually equivalent to 1.2MH reported in cgminer which would account for the discrepancy in suchmoon's numbers as you're not truely comparing apples to apples.
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:10:06 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 11:14:14 PM by dyask

I wasn't around the mining game when Cex.io came out, but did they have a rate of return that was significantly higher than would be expected? The KH/s rate at scrypt.cc right now seems absurd with suchmoon's first two days of reporting. If it continues to be an outlier in performance it would almost have to be a scam since otherwise other's would be able mine in a similar manner and get the same return. It could be they 'underreport' the mining rate so you're really getting more KH/s than what an equivalent cgminer would say you're getting so in reality the numbers would be similar. For example 1MH at scrypt.cc is actually equivalent to 1.2MH reported in cgminer which would account for the discrepancy in suchmoon's numbers as you're not truely comparing apples to apples.

Right and cars were a scam because they were faster than the horse and buggy.

A couple months ago when scrypt.cc was young people were pointing out how the yield at Middle pool was so much better.   It varies all the time but they have a staff working on the yield and they don't follow the crowd, they have their own ways of picking coins.   They are also in Brazil and have a power contract keeping their power costs low which is key for a GPU farm.

Anyway they are a lot less than 2x the cost of Gridseeds unless maybe you are overclocking the Gridseed to 500 KHS.   Current a KHS at scrypt.cc costs less then .00145 or $.62.   So 300 KHS costs $186 at scrypt.cc.  You don't have pay for anything else.   They also have a huge advantage over ASIC as they can mine scrypt-N and scrypt-Jane coins and ASICs can't.    

When the Gridseeds started showing up a lot, the profits went down but after a couple weeks and then back up as they were reconfiguring GPU to mine other coins.   They have a huge operation and the scrypt.cc part is less than 10% of the total hashing power they have.    I think that is an advantage as they are also mining for themselves.   
Mike18feb

Activity: 657
Merit: 500

MΣC

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:40:51 PM

I've been with scrypt.cc since end of February and getting happier every day. IF they disappear I would be HUGELY disappointed, but that seems less likely the longer I'm with them and see their efforts in getting things better and better. Keeping a website safe and accessible during weeks of DDOS/hack attacks and investing quite a bit of money in even better anti-DDOS measures doesn't sound very Ponzi to me.

Okay, one of the benefits scrypt.cc has over most others mentioned (I don't know all of those, but I have a rig pointed at Wafflepool at home) is the fact that they have all of their rigs hooked up inside professional data centers, using professional quality networks all over, including high grade connections to the internet, and everything is monitored and serviced by professional personnel. While that might make just a few percent difference, you'll have to multiply that tiny difference by a few thousand rigs. The average home user is not going to get such blazing fast quality connections.
Also they've setup (or are still setting up) all of their rigs to mine scrypt, scrypt-n and scrypt-jane coins, which means they have more coins to chose from, with less competition from asics.
One other thing, though I'm not sure about that, is that they mine three coins at the same time
Last thing is of course that they use their own scripts and rules to calculate the most profitable coins. Different approaches have different effect. Unfortunately they're not willing to disclose how they do it exactly. Can't blame them. Why flag others for good coins to mine if that means the difficulty will spike even more, making that coin less profitable Wink

suchmoon, I love this spreadsheet of yours Smiley

<||=||>  Rule #1a: Never invest more then you can afford to lose. <||=||>  Rule #1b: Never invest all you can afford to lose. <||=||> 
............. Whenever someone idly claims a scam, a Bitcoin somewhere dies .............
Borntostun

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:58:14 PM

Great posts.  I, too, have been with scrypt.cc since February and it's answered a lot of my dreams for the cloud mining part of my investment.  If you can look past the primitive site right now, the functionality of 10 min. payouts, the responsive admin, and the return rate provide a site for longer or at least long'ish term investment.  Check it out.  Link below. 
elrugrim

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:08:24 PM

Excellent post, thanks for taking the time to share your data with us.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 02:26:14 AM

Great posts.  I, too, have been with scrypt.cc since February and it's answered a lot of my dreams for the cloud mining part of my investment.  If you can look past the primitive site right now, the functionality of 10 min. payouts, the responsive admin, and the return rate provide a site for longer or at least long'ish term investment.  Check it out.  Link below. 

Just to keep this clean - here is the link to scrypt.cc without referrals: https://scrypt.cc
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 02:34:41 AM

Anyway they are a lot less than 2x the cost of Gridseeds unless maybe you are overclocking the Gridseed to 500 KHS

I know we had our disagreement in the other thread, so I'm not going to go there. For anyone interested: Gridseed prices have dropped significantly and you can get the "blade" for $1500 (~0.60-0.65 BTC per MH/s at this time). The "cupcakes" are about $120 these days (~0.8 BTC per MH/s). Don't overpay if you are looking to buy.
dyask

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:39:32 AM

Anyway they are a lot less than 2x the cost of Gridseeds unless maybe you are overclocking the Gridseed to 500 KHS

I know we had our disagreement in the other thread, so I'm not going to go there. For anyone interested: Gridseed prices have dropped significantly and you can get the "blade" for $1500 (~0.60-0.65 BTC per MH/s at this time). The "cupcakes" are about $120 these days (~0.8 BTC per MH/s). Don't overpay if you are looking to buy.

The blade miner seems like a much better deal than the cupcakes.   I wasn't aware of Gridseed blade miner and that one is about 1/2 the cost of KHS at script.cc.    However I still expect the value of KHS at scrypt.cc to hold up better as the current scrypt ASIC miners are going to get trapped with just a few coins with increasing difficulty much like bitcoin.   Still if I wasn't living in Japan with absurd power costs I would consider the Gridseed blade as it seems buying one now should be profitable. 

BTW this thread is a great comparison and a good topic!   I also fully expect the rankings to change all the time.   That just is how this games goes.   The one advantage that having your own hardware is that you can point it where you want. 
zhulick

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:36:31 AM

if you get a moment, can you please pm me the info on where you buy these cheap blades... i would love to pick up a pair, especially at this price...

also, just as a heads up - anytime you so much as mention scrypt.cc, you will get a parade of people praising it, immediately followed by a gazillion and one referral links... expect this thread to be flooded with them...
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 05:46:43 AM

if you get a moment, can you please pm me the info on where you buy these cheap blades... i would love to pick up a pair, especially at this price...

PM sent.

dyask

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:48:13 AM

also, just as a heads up - anytime you so much as mention scrypt.cc, you will get a parade of people praising it, immediately followed by a gazillion and one referral links... expect this thread to be flooded with them...

Guys, I do like scrypt.cc and think it is a good deal and I don't post referral links.   www.scrypt.cc is all you need.    

For the record, I probably hold a lot KHS than most at scrypt.cc.   I don't really care about referral fees.   
dspair

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 01:40:28 PM

0.007 btc/mh/day? There is no way it's not a scam.

And they don't even show what coins they mine.

P.S. Suddenly so much shilling in this thread Grin
zneww

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:29:47 PM

Shilling gone wild
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 04:59:30 PM

No major changes today. I will add coinfu starting tomorrow and will probably remove TradeMyBit and/or GHash.
dyask

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:21:13 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 06:23:37 AM by dyask

It was actually better than that for a couple weeks, now it is less.   Just because they are doing better than the other multi-pools why do you claim it is a scam?   The scam is how poorly some of the other pools are doing.

I'm not a shill, I hold multiple MHS there.   A shill would be someone that is paid, I'm just a customer.

They have several big advantages:
* Cheap power, which is critical for GPU mining
* Most of the mining there is for themselves, so they work to make it profitable
* They are their own pool, there isn't any real ping delays
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: