Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:55:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [www.easy2mine.com] 340$, the group buy of antminer s5(psu included)  (Read 123419 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:33:34 PM

Considering purchasing one of these.  Are most happy with what's delivered.  Sounds like some have HW problems.
Miners I presume are Avalon-like loud?  Let me know the scoop so I can decide.
Thanks!!

They are loud and mine has had quality issues. No thermal sheet between the chips and the aluminum heatsink, screws tightened so much they nearly tore the thermal sheet and deformed the PCB due to the heat, what appears to be liquid damage and corrosion, and aluminum shavings stuck in the thermal sheet on the bottom of the PCB. I fixed all of these issues and have each blade running at 250 GH/s. 2 of them were running at 223 GH/s and after I took them apart they are working at full speed now.

I will give pcfli credit though, he has done everything possible in order to make this right. I just have shit luck and got a bad unit.

http://imgur.com/a/ofvpi
Album of images.
sorry for the bad unit, the last batch was completed within 3 days, so it is too rush to get good quality, now i will buy some unit with my own money and mine for myself for several days to test and get the trouble repaired locally, then such thing will avoid

Not a problem. I know these things happen, and I do appreciate you working with me to fix the issue.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:59:44 PM

I agree, Lee is a great business man.

I wish the manufacture can hire him to handle sales. They will make tons more sales directly, completely bypass all the reseller.
trader59

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 12:39:32 AM

FYI, this is no longer profitable. It currently costs 6.4 BTC and at most you'll get back 5.5BTC with 17% difficulty increases. At most, you can hope to break even by selling the miner.

▀     DeepOnion  |  TOR Integrated & Secured  [ Facebook  Telegram  Bitcointalk  Twitter  Youtube  Reddit ]     ▀
Your Anonymity Guaranteed  ★  Your Assets Secured by TOR  ★  Guard Your Privacy!   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  File Authenticity Guaranteed by DeepVault  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Und3rd0g

Activity: 231

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 12:58:20 AM

FYI, this is no longer profitable. It currently costs 6.4 BTC and at most you'll get back 5.5BTC with 17% difficulty increases. At most, you can hope to break even by selling the miner.
trader59, if you do not wish to buy a miner then do not buy one.  Why troll about and spew your nonsense?  What do you have to gain by tearing down others?  No trolls needed on this thread.  Thank you.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 01:16:58 AM

trader59, if you do not wish to buy a miner then do not buy one.  Why troll about and spew your nonsense?  What do you have to gain by tearing down others?  No trolls needed on this thread.  Thank you.

You can always buy btc while the price is low.
purenewfoundlander

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:52:04 AM

You can always buy btc while the price is low.

This is always an option, and though I am new this particular thread is about buying a particular miner not weather or not its still profitable.  There are other forums for speculation on profitability.

Thanks for the insight all the same
firejuan

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

Because it's sterile...

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 05:44:32 AM

Assuming a static BTC value you maybe correct, but it was only a month ago that 1 BTC = ~$650 so it is extremely difficult to speculate on BTC value and mining.

I will gladly invest in your crystal ball that gives you the ultimate knowledge.

cobra89y

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:16:59 AM

Thanks for the info OG
lenny_
Legendary

Activity: 1036

DARKNETMARKETS.COM

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 12:22:49 PM

Did they get shipped out yet?
not yet, the ups will start to work tomorrow, then i will ship all of the miners out and pay the compensate as well

Hi pcfli,

How things are going, you will ship today and send compensation to all buyers?

Regards,
Lenny

DARKNET MARKETS >> https://DARKNETMARKETS.COM
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 01:28:09 PM

Considering purchasing one of these.  Are most happy with what's delivered.  Sounds like some have HW problems.
Miners I presume are Avalon-like loud?  Let me know the scoop so I can decide.
Thanks!!

They are loud and mine has had quality issues. No thermal sheet between the chips and the aluminum heatsink, screws tightened so much they nearly tore the thermal sheet and deformed the PCB due to the heat, what appears to be liquid damage and corrosion, and aluminum shavings stuck in the thermal sheet on the bottom of the PCB. I fixed all of these issues and have each blade running at 250 GH/s. 2 of them were running at 223 GH/s and after I took them apart they are working at full speed now.

I will give pcfli credit though, he has done everything possible in order to make this right. I just have shit luck and got a bad unit.

http://imgur.com/a/ofvpi
Album of images.

Thanks daddy.  I appreciate the feedback.  I would pull the trigger if it were not for the poor profitability.  Can't see spending losing a bitcoin for the trouble.  But will keep watching.
varakunai

Activity: 72

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:42:25 PM

Got my compensation for late and tracking number.  Thanks Pcfli!
pcfli (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1006

SafeHaven.Finance

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 03:50:08 PM

not yet, the ups will start to work tomorrow, then i will ship all of the miners out and pay the compensate as well

Hi pcfli,

Regards,
Lenny
all units in the batch of Apr 5 were sent today, all track NO. was also updated with buyers, most of the compensate were sent together, sorry for the delay again, hope you will receive them soon, the good thing is i have tested all the miners for three days and repaired the minor problem, two miners with defective blade was sent back to factory, so you guys will receive a good miners this time

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄████████████████▀

▄████████████████▀
    █
 ▄█████████████▀▀   ▄█
  ▐█
▄██████████▀▀  ▄▄▄████
  ▐█▄
████████▀ ▄███████████
  ▐██
██████▀▄████████▀▄███▌
  ███
█████ ██████▀▀▄▄████▀
  ████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
  ▄████▀
 ▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  ▄▄█████▀
  ▀
▄▄▄██████████████████▀
 ▄▀ ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
..HAVEN..
[Community Driven DeFi
Project Built on BSC
]▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█░███████████████████████░█
█░█████░░░░░█░▀██████████░█
█░█████░░░░░█░░░▀████████░█
█░█████░░▀▀░█░░░░░▀██████░█

█░█████░░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████░█
█░█████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░█████░█
█░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░█
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
█████████████████████████

█████████████
pcfli (OP)
Legendary

SafeHaven.Finance

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 03:54:44 PM

Beware of scams.  I just received a message from someone claiming to be selling units in this group buy that was not pcfli.  Be safe.
I have hired two girls to send advertisement with the account leegroupsale.1 and leegroupsale.2, but your guys still need to confirm the deal with my account: pcfli or email: peicaili@gmail.com
sorry for the confuse,

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄████████████████▀

▄████████████████▀
    █
 ▄█████████████▀▀   ▄█
  ▐█
▄██████████▀▀  ▄▄▄████
  ▐█▄
████████▀ ▄███████████
  ▐██
██████▀▄████████▀▄███▌
  ███
█████ ██████▀▀▄▄████▀
  ████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
  ▄████▀
 ▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  ▄▄█████▀
  ▀
▄▄▄██████████████████▀
 ▄▀ ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
..HAVEN..
[Community Driven DeFi
Project Built on BSC

█████████████
trader59

Activity: 147

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:56:30 PM

Assuming a static BTC value you maybe correct, but it was only a month ago that 1 BTC = ~$650 so it is extremely difficult to speculate on BTC value and mining.

I will gladly invest in your crystal ball that gives you the ultimate knowledge.

Jeez why is everyone so defensive? Just giving a heads up. All I'm saying is that if you were to invest money now, it would probably be much better spent buying BTC. You will end up with more BTC in the long run.

If you buy the miner, it would currently cost $2900 or around 6.4BTC. You will mine at most 5.5BTC and if you sell the miner, maybe you can get 1 more BTC. Maybe. It's a losing deal no matter how you look at it.

▀     DeepOnion  |  TOR Integrated & Secured  [ Facebook  Telegram  Bitcointalk  Twitter  Youtube  Reddit ]     ▀
Your Anonymity Guaranteed  ★  Your Assets Secured by TOR  ★  Guard Your Privacy!   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  File Authenticity Guaranteed by DeepVault  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
stevej

Activity: 118

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:56:13 PM

Jeez why is everyone so defensive? Just giving a heads up. All I'm saying is that if you were to invest money now, it would probably be much better spent buying BTC. You will end up with more BTC in the long run.

If you buy the miner, it would currently cost $2900 or around 6.4BTC. You will mine at most 5.5BTC and if you sell the miner, maybe you can get 1 more BTC. Maybe. It's a losing deal no matter how you look at it.

But the resell value is going to be higher and the power usage less than what I have now.
I have 6 x s1 ants running sucking 2280watts of power right now + the power supply bought for each one getting a total of .12 to .15 btc a day right now.
One dragon miner does the same for 1000 watts of power on one small footprint..
I might buy more yet and get rid of the ants Smiley
stevej

Activity: 118

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:03:24 PM

Hi pcfli,

Regards,
Lenny
all units in the batch of Apr 5 were sent today, all track NO. was also updated with buyers, most of the compensate were sent together, sorry for the delay again, hope you will receive them soon, the good thing is i have tested all the miners for three days and repaired the minor problem, two miners with defective blade was sent back to factory, so you guys will receive a good miners this time

Yep, can see the tracking for mine.. Its on the way Smiley
Thanks also for testing them, knowing my luck I would have got a bad blade one  !
firejuan

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

Because it's sterile...

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 08:37:03 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2014, 07:30:16 PM by firejuan

Last post since I don't want to derail pcfli's thread, but when you start a reply with "FYI,you will lose money and this miner is no longer profitable" in someone's thread who is selling miners instead of the appropriate Speculation section you should expect some upset miners.  There is always going to be the debate of mining BTC vs. investing BTC, but again this is not the appropriate place for that discussion.  

Who will support the BTC network if people didn't mine?  Purchasing miners with BTC strengthens BTC value and is another transaction for miners to confirm.  For a healthy BTC ecosystem you must have investors and miners sometimes they are not mutually exclusive.  

Anyway, thanks to those who have purchased Dragon Miner rebate coupons.  I have 11 more $50 rebate coupons $35 each or $50 buy on get one free.

Lee is rolling in the dough now.  He has hired a few hotties to "work" around the office.  Wink

Beware of scams.  I just received a message from someone claiming to be selling units in this group buy that was not pcfli.  Be safe.
I have hired two girls to send advertisement with the account leegroupsale.1 and leegroupsale.2, but your guys still need to confirm the deal with my account: pcfli or email: peicaili@gmail.com
sorry for the confuse,

pcfli (OP)
Legendary

SafeHaven.Finance

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 10:01:40 PM

that is what the most of the people thinking currently, but i donot think so that the 17% increase on difficulty for 11 days will really happen by now, it is no reason, on one hand, you assume an very high increase ratio and on the other hand, you point out that wisdom people will not invest in miners. these two things are against each other naturally.
here is my roi analysis and i paste it here again
          ROI analysis
Many people make decision whether the miner is worthy to buy on ROI analysis , and i will share my thought on it with you.
First, you need to consider the following two questions:
is the mining itself will disappear after six month?
What is the speed of the fastest miner can perform after six month and what is its price? 

I will give you my answer to these question.
is the mining itself will disappear after six month?
The answer is definitely no, only the bitcoin exist, no reason that mining itself will disappear, and like most of the people in the forum, i have strong faith on bitcoin.

What is the speed of the fastest miner can perform after six month and what is its price?
I can’t tell you the exactly number of that, but my answer is not exceed 2T with the electricity consumption of 1000 watt, during the last one year, with the appearance of ASIC, the hash rate speed you can gain with 1000 watt has increased from 6G to 1000G. But it is almost the best value we can achieve based on current technology. Although i am not an professional electrical engineer, i can see that the increase of the hash rate of the chips are closely connected with its manufacturing technology, which have been increased from 110nm to 28nm by now. But as i know, it is almost achieve the limit of current chip manufacturing technology also the limit of physical law. Although 20 nm manufacturing technology is possible but the cost will also increase rapid and may be not worth to use. So we can achieve the conclusion that the life time will more than 6 month.

Now we can go forward to the second question here, what is its price.
I cann’t answer this question exactly also, but i does know that its price will not below its manufacturing cost. That is very simple to understand, the factory have no reason to sell them unless they can profit. As i know, the manufacturing cost for one dragon 1T miner will not below 1000$(chip, psu, Raspberry Pi, fans, shipment fee, all these thing need cost and will not disappear) .

Now we can go back to the ROI analysis, for most of the roi analysis, it will assume one miner will only have 2-3 month life, but based on above analysis, we can see that will not happen, so there is must something wrong with the current ROI analysis.

Here is my third question, what is the the most possible number(in %) of the adjustment of difficulty for one round (12 days) in Oct 2014?
I will give my answer later, but now, i want to hear your guys opinion

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄████████████████▀

▄████████████████▀
    █
 ▄█████████████▀▀   ▄█
  ▐█
▄██████████▀▀  ▄▄▄████
  ▐█▄
████████▀ ▄███████████
  ▐██
██████▀▄████████▀▄███▌
  ███
█████ ██████▀▀▄▄████▀
  ████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
  ▄████▀
 ▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  ▄▄█████▀
  ▀
▄▄▄██████████████████▀
 ▄▀ ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
..HAVEN..
[Community Driven DeFi
Project Built on BSC

█████████████
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 11:42:55 PM

pcfli just PM'ed you

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
varakunai

Activity: 72

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 06:10:06 PM

Got my 3 miners.  Two of them had to be opened up to fix loose cables.  One to the ethernet, and the other to the blade.  After that the miners started working and are hashing away just under 1th for the last 2 hours.  These ones had different subnet mask and gateway IPs that i had to set that were different than my first batch of dragons.  Just in case anyone has issues, check those fields.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: