Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:54:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't be too quick to judge ICOs  (Read 19814 times)
Xampeuu

Activity: 1442
Merit: 116

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 07:07:21 AM

I personally do not believe this statistics that 99% of ICOs are scam, because some ICOs fail do not mean they are all scam. I usually tell people that starting an ICO is like starting a new business, it might succeed immediately, it might fail presently but have a great future and it might fail totally beyond redemption. So because a project is failing to perform presently or fail totally do not mean it is a scam. Don't get me wrong here, I never said there are no scam projects but the rate is not as high as alleged. Judging a project based on its first few years is wrong, give it time to realize its potentials.

This is the problem most of the time in the community here in the forum, they judged faster even without any enough basis in it.
Yes it is true that most of the scam project appeared was came from the ico, but this doesn't mean all ico are scam, of course not.
We should check first before we say something about it.
for those who have been disappointed with ico, they can usually say that ico is a scam. but indeed not all ico are scam. Moreover, those usually who speak are beginners, who lack the mastery of analysis to invest in good ico

CryptoTech_

Activity: 994
Merit: 106

Official Street Team member

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 07:27:19 AM

it is true that 99% maybe now 99.9% ICO fails and does not mean scam, they fail for various reasons, one of which is lack of marketing, maybe out there many good ICO projects fail but because of poor marketing they fail

Beyond Protocol Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk thread
zzortyx

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 07:48:55 AM

Perhaps this is due to the effect of oversaturation of the ICO sphere. Of course not all ICO projects that fail are a Scam. But only a few can be really successful.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Samboo

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 05:19:10 AM

I also do not believe that over 90 percent of new ICOs are scam. But I obviously believe in its implication that the market has also fake ICOs and we, investors and bounty hunters should stay alert lest we should be scammed. To address this issue, we should be extra cautious that we must research extensively before going for them.

Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 05:58:44 AM

It might be the effect of last year's bear market situation is the reason why some of the ICOs turned to scam or unsuccessful in their launching. Some ICOs might still reeling in the effect of last year's bearmarket because the price of their token is still below its original ICO price. To avoid being scammed by these fake ICOs, do your own research first to find the real one. ICOs this year might have a big chance to succeed because of favorable market condition.
nik009

Activity: 1541
Merit: 545

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 06:45:18 AM

ICOs are always profitable for their creators because they can develop a project or not, but they have already received funding from investors...
control issues over the use of the funds, there is nobody holding them back from financial freedom, that is why there was a huge amount of fraud in 2018.
Jose Mourinho

Activity: 573
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 06:45:45 AM

The trend of collecting money from ICO is still happening now and I'm sure it will continue to happen in the future, no strict regulations make it possible for anyone to make coins or tokens and usually they collect money with ICO.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
florac9

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 06:49:23 AM

Yes not all ICO are scam just because they fail, you won't know what the result will be until you try so same goes for developers too ,to be on safer side I think its best to invest in projects that the teams are pro so that they can easily deal with any negative situations

☀️☀️☀️☀️  ISKRA (CCOH)- Crypto coin of hope | An innovative method for supporting children around the world  ☀️☀️☀️☀️
https://iskra-coin.io
mammoniter

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2019, 07:24:58 AM

I personally do not believe this statistics that 99% of ICOs are scam, because some ICOs fail do not mean they are all scam. I usually tell people that starting an ICO is like starting a new business, it might succeed immediately, it might fail presently but have a great future and it might fail totally beyond redemption. So because a project is failing to perform presently or fail totally do not mean it is a scam. Don't get me wrong here, I never said there are no scam projects but the rate is not as high as alleged. Judging a project based on its first few years is wrong, give it time to realize its potentials.

Thats a good point. Obviously the 99% thing is exaggeration. The point is majority of ICOs are scam but not all of them. When an ICO failed, it doesn't mean its scam. Sometimes the idea and the project itself are good but there are no support from the investors. That's why its called ICO, it means they are trying to raise fund for their project. When they return the fund to the investor, its not a scam. The other way around, thats a scam.

marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 07:33:12 AM

Where did you get this 99% statistics in which ICO is scam? The figure is very high compared to all ICOs that successfully listed in CMC which is more than 1% of your given baseline and we should considered an certain ICO is a scam if they run our hard earned money but not because of their poor token sales.
Anatolich

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 07:49:40 AM

I agree that it is one thing to create a good project as it is difficult to open a business, but then the adoption should be at the right level.
royalfestus

Activity: 2436
Merit: 516

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 08:29:28 AM

There is a level of distraction with most IEOs, they have already had a private sale at different level before getting of IEO. It is distracting to think there are no more ICOs that they just went to IEO. big Investors are still the one eating the large portion of this cake and dont let us be deceived. Get rich in this space and make friends with those that move the space, then u eat on their table with them.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Metall303

Activity: 891

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 10:27:02 AM

Where did you get this 99% statistics in which ICO is scam? The figure is very high compared to all ICOs that successfully listed in CMC which is more than 1% of your given baseline and we should considered an certain ICO is a scam if they run our hard earned money but not because of their poor token sales.
Well, maybe 99 percent is too much, but the real figure is 85-90 percent. only a very small part of new projects lists into CMC

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
babysweetTiger0401

Activity: 777
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 11:38:48 AM

This is so sad because there are lot of people hate ICO now because of what happened last 2018. And I can't blame them due to they've loss a lot of capital. But they had forgotten something which is as an investors We should know that in every investment in the ico there is risk, no one force them to buy or in it. Instead, it is a matter of choice and we knew that all, right?
spydee1522

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 10:14:57 PM

If a project is written off as a scam during the ICO or the fact that most are classified as scam does not mean all ICO projects are scam. There are real ICO projects out there but it can only be realized or found when a quick but strong research is made. There are indeed real projects out there but the lazy can't find them.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeFutures & OptionsIEOAPPCommunity
sijonru

Activity: 461
Merit: 17

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 09:09:36 AM

It might be the effect of last year's bear market situation is the reason why some of the ICOs turned to scam or unsuccessful in their launching. Some ICOs might still reeling in the effect of last year's bearmarket because the price of their token is still below its original ICO price. To avoid being scammed by these fake ICOs, do your own research first to find the real one. ICOs this year might have a big chance to succeed because of favorable market condition.
That's right, I agree with your opinion. Don't judge the ICO too quickly, because there are still many ICOs who are professional and pay their workers well.
Because fraud is not only an ICO project monopoly, but it is everywhere, it is better for us to filter information from reliable and experienced sources so that we are not trapped in fraudulent projects.

jarhed

Activity: 672
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 06:04:54 AM

That's right, I agree with your opinion. Don't judge the ICO too quickly, because there are still many ICOs who are professional and pay their workers well.
Because fraud is not only an ICO project monopoly, but it is everywhere, it is better for us to filter information from reliable and experienced sources so that we are not trapped in fraudulent projects.
In 2017, I invested in new cryptocurrency projects, making a profit of 70-80%. I expect this year the revival of investments in ICO project.
agatha90

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 06:23:25 AM

But most ICO ends scam! Since the price of bitcoin is down in 2018, some ico are not successful in sales. Then they are not responsible for investor money. They disappear! And the successful ico even the price of their coins does not match the predictions (the price of ico) all into coins does not mean anything. Until now, I do not believe that Iico makes business more profitable!
tetyulfania

Activity: 653

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 06:27:18 AM

Some ICO need more than one year for listing on exchange market, you can quick to judge an ICOs project because they always need time for listing their coins on exchange market with good price.
DainSLane

Activity: 784
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 06:33:15 AM

There are some people who are already judging that the ICO are scam maybe there is few of them but not at all because i am still getting profit from the ICO maybe it all depends of your strategy on how you find good ICO to earn profit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: