Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:09:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what happens if Bitcoin dies  (Read 2855 times)
iamzill

Activity: 677
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 02:53:58 PM

we all know that Bitcoin is the best crypto right now.
and many people argue that Bitcoin is the main crypto that greatly affects the crypto market.
my question is, if Bitcoin dies in your opinion, what will happen to crypto and what do you think can make Bitcoin die?
if bitcoin dies maybe there will be many things that will happen whether or not there must be an effect on crypto. but for now I'm still optimistic if bitcoin won't die easily. only turns off internet connections around the world that can turn off bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Successmaniac4

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2019, 03:40:11 PM

If Bitcoin dies, them all other crypt I currencies will die with it. It is Bitcoin that holds the cryptocurrency market together and that is what drives people to invest in crypt I currencies, without it, crypto will be dead too.

Fred3030

Activity: 728
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2019, 03:48:57 PM

Although I dont see this happening but if it does it must have likely been because of reduced demand for it and lack of trust on the part if its users. The tech nonetheless will continue to exists as well as other cryptocurrencies.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Oracolcoin XOR    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 03:51:35 PM

and many people argue that Bitcoin is the main crypto that greatly affects the crypto market.
my question is, if Bitcoin dies in your opinion, what will happen to crypto and what do you think can make Bitcoin die?
Two things I could think of. One is another coin replacing it--probably litecoin. And second one is the fall of cryptocurrency. The latter probably won't happen as people now are too attached to crypto.
khimer_rangers

Activity: 565
Merit: 100

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 03:52:30 PM

bitcoin is the main crypto so if bitcoin dies then all altcoins will also die, perhaps the factor that causes bitcoin to die is the emergence of newer technologies or all countries in the world forbid to have bitcoin, but I think that is difficult and I also don't think about it.

jjjfff
Copper Member

Activity: 182
Merit: 18

Crypto.BI

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 03:56:14 PM

How would Bitcoin "die"Huh

Only way is if someone finds a brutal software flaw that would destroy it. Otherwise there will always be some demand and therefore some price even if very low.

10c

Activity: 658

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 03:58:24 PM

bitcoin is the main crypto so if bitcoin dies then all altcoins will also die, perhaps the factor that causes bitcoin to die is the emergence of newer technologies or all countries in the world forbid to have bitcoin, but I think that is difficult and I also don't think about it.
just if bitcoin dies, then all people who know about cryptocurrency will start thinking that this idea did not work and then nobody will need the crypto. but from a technical point of view, bitcoin cannot die

SaRmY

Activity: 645

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 04:10:28 PM

just if bitcoin dies, then all people who know about cryptocurrency will start thinking that this idea did not work and then nobody will need the crypto. but from a technical point of view, bitcoin cannot die

Nothing that does not mean. And yes bitcoin can die. This is easy to do. All investors have to say we give up bitcoin. And the fact that after the departure of Bitcoin the market will collapse. This is yes. But not for long. Another coin will take its place.
Faruque312

Activity: 490

Life is full of struggle

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2019, 04:21:02 PM

Everyone believe bitcoin Won't die, if this happened then in my opinion i never trust any crypto currency anymore. Although maximum people will leave it. Although i cant see possibility to die btc.           

wdnj

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 04:25:40 PM

If bitcoin die (which is impossible) the community will have another crypto to replace it.
Ethereum is one of the best one to replace bitcoin. As it is the most used crypto in investment ICO or IEO.
qomariah95

Activity: 1190

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 05:38:59 PM

Actually I never thought about this. Because it's very difficult to think about if Bitcoin is dead and maybe the crypto market will be very difficult to get up and the other possibility is that Bitcoin will be replaced by another crypto. That's the way it seems to me. Maybe I want to see other people's opinions about this.

MUG1WARA

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 05:43:41 PM

in my opinion if bitcoin dies then crypto will also die because nothing can replace bitcoin, all people are now investing because they still believe in bitcoin not altcoin

Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 05:56:07 PM

I think that if Bitcoin dies a majority of people will lose interest in the cryptocurrency market and the whole thing will just slowly collapse and fade away, and to be honest the thing that is going to kill bitcoin is the same thing that will kill other cryptos as well, because if it is strong enough to kill the king of all coins Bitcoin others will not be able to survive it, and what i am talking about here is the ultimate apocalypse and the end of the modern society y as it is and the end of internet, because lets be honest if there is internet there will always be bitcoin.
aji567

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 05:56:22 PM

if that happens then all altcoins are of no value at all. for me there is no reason for Bitcoin to die, because I still use it until now. for me bitcoin dies if there is no internet.
josephdd1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 10:01:45 PM

What do you mean by die? Go back to triple digits like after Mt Gox? It will always have value as a collectible so going to double digits is out of the question.
It could get overtaken by another coin but it won't die.

my question is, if Bitcoin dies in your opinion, what will happen to crypto

If bitcoin dies in my opinion? well if it dies in my opinion, nothing will happen to it in reality. What happens in my opinion stays in my opinion.

and what do you think can make Bitcoin die?

idiots that don't know how to grammar.

Most people here use English as second or even third language. Don't be too hard on him at least he can be understood. Many people on this forum are much worse.

well they don't have to type here with their broken english skills, english is my 3rd language and by god everyone knows how terrible i am at writing. But when I have to express myself here i do the minimum courtesy of writing in legible sentences.

Anyways that was my rant about your response regarding first or second language english speaker.

My response to op's bad grammar question was sarcastic as well as meaningful. I am just one person, so is everyone that will see this thread. And I doubt it that enough important people will see this thread that would make bitcoin die. So what happens in my and everyone's opinion here is pointless.. do I make sense?
Jrfranco

Activity: 786

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2019, 10:43:41 PM

If bitcoin die, but this will never happen, will be replaced by another crypto but i think bitcoin and his blockchain will survive for long, and will be number 1.

I think if bitcoin die, the rest will die, why i can say this? so far, all the crypto and the likes are tradable pairs of BTC, all their transactions are greatly influenced with BTC, am sure if it would happen we would lost the trust and confidence in the crypto market, making everything put into rest.
irixo10

Activity: 1078
Merit: 104

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 10:56:30 PM

Bitcoin has come too far to die just like that. If it will die, that should have been before it was valued or even be when it was created. Owing to its value now as well as what it offer in this space, it will last together with this crypto space.
In this space, Bitcoin is like the face, that is to show you how far it has come.

manismanja

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 11:03:12 PM

Bitcoin has come too far to die just like that. If it will die, that should have been before it was valued or even be when it was created. Owing to its value now as well as what it offer in this space, it will last together with this crypto space.
In this space, Bitcoin is like the face, that is to show you how far it has come.
Bitcoin for now and for a long time he will not die, he is the king of coins if he dies does not know what will happen next.
Bitcoin is not easy to die, he can still develop well, he is able to improve its quality.
it is not easy for him to be here and be the best so that he is not easily killed, as bad as market conditions, he will definitely be able to increase again.

●   TOKPIE   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  GET ETHEREUM FOR YOUR BOUNTY STAKES  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  instantly & regularly  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
CryptoLogo

Activity: 656
Merit: 251

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 04:49:05 AM

I think bitcoin can't die. It is the basis of the entire cryptocurrency sphere. However, if we are not talking about death, but about losing the first place, then this is possible.

Deallove9
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 05:04:54 AM

What makes you think bitcoin will die in the first place , blockchain has come to stay and government is also embracing it , and that is the only issue which can get rid if it by campaign against it but in this situation where the market is worth billions in dollar am sure government will not want people to loss such funds in the regard of their self interest .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: