Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:33:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 355593 times)
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:54:26 AM

Where did you build it that the rent is $300?
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:24:25 AM

its a small space that is unused in a friends small business. I just pay a little bit of 'rent' and covcer the power costs of what i am using.

In the bigger picture, its a testbed where I can scale to 15-20kW before moving to a much larger space

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:48:24 AM

In the process of looking at other options for our current setup that will be removing (Ants first) and continue growing fast.

16 Antminer S1's
8 KNC Jupiters (4 Oct / 4 Nov)
1 Dragon Miner (should be 3 total next week).

I have 4x 30A 240V circuits with load spread out.  Cooling is becoming the issue since where I have them was designed to cool us while working on our cars not runnning bitcoin miners LOL.
Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:52:33 AM

Also from having to run a night with just 2 circuits 16 Ants @ 375MHz setting on DELL ZP750's pulls 27 amps under full load (using meter on the box itself).  Was not a good feeling when I saw that.  Tried to balance what I could.
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:15:38 AM

its a small space that is unused in a friends small business. I just pay a little bit of 'rent' and covcer the power costs of what i am using.

In the bigger picture, its a testbed where I can scale to 15-20kW before moving to a much larger space
Is this the current collective site?
blindminer

Activity: 360
Merit: 120

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:18:15 AM

Hi,
When you start pre order BATCH 3 ?

bitcoin_miner

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:36:52 PM

any one open group buy for antminer S2?

baltimoreppc

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:36:40 PM

thanks for your input..but I can't see the picture..
how much did you spend on electrician?  I got quote for 100amp sub-panel installation & Material for $1100
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:56:20 PM

to an extent. the collective concept was more geared towards a facility with 20kW+ capacity and with bitcoin miners being more expensive (ie: fewer).

This location has 18kW available to me, but I don't know whether the AC can handle that much added heat in a limited area, and I suspect that it may be difficult to go above 10-12Kw during the summer, and with 6kW in place by mid-april, it leaves much less space for hosting options until I move to a larger location or can actually use 18kW or more without heat limitations

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
StNick

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:15:36 PM

2x 30a, 120v - $1075/month. Full cabinet.

so about 6kW + space? thats pretty reasonable, a lot of places i looked wanted about $1100-$1300.  I ended up building my own space with rack shelving that has up to 18kW available (0.15/kwh) and rent is $300/month

How much of the kW are you using and what are you using for cooling.  I'm running 26 S1's overclocked right now and found out the hard way on what it takes to keep them cool.  I plan on getting a few s2 whenever Batch 3 opens up but would never place more than 5 evenly spaced in a cabinet. I would worry about 10 x 1kw machines on top of one another.
mitak64

Activity: 254
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:37:59 PM

There is one week left until shipping and still no sign of the final product.
Not even a photo !
I find this alarming.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:43:37 PM

to an extent. the collective concept was more geared towards a facility with 20kW+ capacity and with bitcoin miners being more expensive (ie: fewer).

This location has 18kW available to me, but I don't know whether the AC can handle that much added heat in a limited area, and I suspect that it may be difficult to go above 10-12Kw during the summer, and with 6kW in place by mid-april, it leaves much less space for hosting options until I move to a larger location or can actually use 18kW or more without heat limitations

If it is a question of the small area, just get a big fan. That will help with hotspots anyway. Obviously if the AC in the entire space is at capacity you will still need to limit your power load.

klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:20:08 PM

If it is a question of the small area, just get a big fan. That will help with hotspots anyway. Obviously if the AC in the entire space is at capacity you will still need to limit your power load.
^Thats my concern. Airflow is pretty good, it actually has a reasonable updraft through the grated flooring of cooler air from the storage area below. this blows through the miners into the rest of the area - so local exhaust is not an issue

The concern is the 600V Air Conditioning system which is dispersed through the entire warehouse area and the office area. Its not known whether the AC will be capable of
1) Cooling the warehouse area with the miners without creating extremely cold conditions in the office area
2) cooling over 18kW of heat from the mining rigs.

I know just how much heat comes from 6kW. since ive installed it the gas heater went from firing up 5min every 15min to 5 min every 30min.  Its entirely conceivable that the maximum power i can use without disrupting the overall climate control will be 10-12kW during the heat of summer - but without finding out what the exact system setup/specs are (i doubt anyone in the business would now, since its part of a multi-business plaza) i may have to wait and see while building up the collection as i can.

Unfortunately, there is no real ability for me to access the outside to install secondary cooling/ventilation paths from my location so the AC is probably the limit

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:22:37 PM

You should be able to balance the AC between the office and warehouse using automatic dampers. That might require a bit of HVAC contractor work, but the cost should be reasonable.

^Thats my concern. Airflow is pretty good, it actually has a reasonable updraft through the grated flooring of cooler air from the storage area below. this blows through the miners into the rest of the area - so local exhaust is not an issue

The concern is the 600V Air Conditioning system which is dispersed through the entire warehouse area and the office area. Its not known whether the AC will be capable of
1) Cooling the warehouse area with the miners without creating extremely cold conditions in the office area
2) cooling over 18kW of heat from the mining rigs.

I know just how much heat comes from 6kW. since ive installed it the gas heater went from firing up 5min every 15min to 5 min every 30min.  Its entirely conceivable that the maximum power i can use without disrupting the overall climate control will be 10-12kW during the heat of summer - but without finding out what the exact system setup/specs are (i doubt anyone in the business would now, since its part of a multi-business plaza) i may have to wait and see while building up the collection as i can.

Unfortunately, there is no real ability for me to access the outside to install secondary cooling/ventilation paths from my location so the AC is probably the limit
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:46:59 PM

You should be able to balance the AC between the office and warehouse using automatic dampers. That might require a bit of HVAC contractor work, but the cost should be reasonable.

not a bad idea! I was thinking of somehow obstructing the vents slightly if it couldnt be done manually with the vents. But installing some dampers might not be a bad idea, assuming it would allow an extra 5kW+ addition to the mining farm to justify it

nikolaz

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:52:18 AM

Not even a photo !
I find this alarming.

Well Bitmain has delivered on time, time after time, so I would wait few more days... KnC has a picture of their miner yet their shipping is always months away... Sooooo which one do you prefer, pretty picture or delivery on time?
cxboyminer

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:58:36 AM

Not even a photo !
I find this alarming.

Well Bitmain has delivered on time, time after time, so I would wait few more days... KnC has a picture of their miner yet their shipping is always months away... Sooooo which one do you prefer, pretty picture or delivery on time?

Ontime of course. Let me guess, by the time KNC starts delivering their product, they would have another better one (maybe called uranus Cheesy) out soon...

Bitmain is very trustable, no problem with them.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
kendog77

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 12:35:06 PM

I really hope Bitmain goes back to selling in stock hardware for the next batch of S2s. I really don't like this pre-order bullshit.

Ordering the S2 a month before it ships puts too much risk on the buyer due to difficulty and Bitcoin price fluctuations.

What happened to only selling in stock hardware, Bitmain?
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 01:24:03 PM

I really hope Bitmain goes back to selling in stock hardware for the next batch of S2s. I really don't like this pre-order bullshit.

Ordering the S2 a month before it ships puts too much risk on the buyer due to difficulty and Bitcoin price fluctuations.

What happened to only selling in stock hardware, Bitmain?

That's what I noticed also.  If it takes more than a couple weeks to deliver it's officially a "preorder".

Anything in "Batches" is a preorder.  Just when you think the only reliable ASIC company was going so wel, they pull the preorder model on us.

Also, what's up with this render?  It's still on the Bitmain website:

You'd think they'd update it to a real photo by now...

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:48:11 PM

The first ones are due to ship at the end of this week, or next monday. I imagine we will see more details very soon as bitmain does the final assembly,testing, and shipment for all the units

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: