Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:37:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 355593 times)
topminingcontracts

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 01:18:27 AM

Does the S2 have wifi?

Good question. Have not heard any mention of it, but hopefully it does.

BTW. Bitman finally responded to my email, they must have been really backlogged to ship the first batch of S2's

S2 has no Wifi.

May be in the future but is not in the priority list.

Juan

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
topminingcontracts

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 01:19:37 AM

Here are the calcs.
1114W load @ 110V.
90.5% efficient @ 100% load @ 110V.
Internal load of 1008W.

And on 230V
92% efficient
Internal load of 1008W.
External power draw of 1095W.

PSU is specifically designed for 24/7 use @ 50C. Therefore there is a significant thermal safety factor on max load alone - even forgetting the usual one.
Tldr, its k.

We ran a test this morning on our S2 and was pulling 5.2 amps at 208v for a total of 1082 watts. Hopefully the chips are being driven too hard by the cgminer driver and can be calmed down a bit.

This could really though a wrench in my plans for world domination via S2 miners...  Roll Eyes

Giga you will dominate anyway with a little help of your friends...

Juan

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
topminingcontracts

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 01:32:20 AM

Is anyone seeing an issue where their S2 mines for about 10-15 or so minutes then stops and starts beeping?  This happens every time I power cycle and I have to stop/start cgminer or click "Save and Apply" under miner settings to get it going again.  (I only discovered the second method this afternoon).  After doing this once or a few times (varies), everything seems to work fine (for several hours, at least--still trying to get a good understanding of how often,etc...).

I've checked temps, re-seated boards, updated, checked all settings, power cycled, removed a board and let it run, switched the power cable (I'd initially put an older cable on it and it was getting a little warm in spots so I switched it out pretty quick) and checked all the other visible/accessible connections; all to no avail.  I've been working with Juan at 112bit who is also working with the Bitmain techs.  Just wondering if this is a widespread issue and if anyone has made any headway.

Yeah, I get that too, chasing ghosts right now. Try updating to the latest firmware (mentioned earlier in the thread) it's a firmware issue that'll be sorted out soon enough :-)

Innoman tried the latest firmware but in his case the problem persists, i tried to spread the S2 Batch #1 in many possible customers so more people can test the S2, but in this case really was not the best idea if giga or innoman has 2 or more units in hand all this process will be probably faster because not all our customers are experiencing the same results, in fact I have 1 unit for the Inside Bitcoins this Monday and works perfect.

Anyway Bitmain engineers are working with us to address the issues and avoid same situations in future units.

Juan

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
innoman

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:51:03 AM

Is anyone seeing an issue where their S2 mines for about 10-15 or so minutes then stops and starts beeping?  This happens every time I power cycle and I have to stop/start cgminer or click "Save and Apply" under miner settings to get it going again.  (I only discovered the second method this afternoon).  After doing this once or a few times (varies), everything seems to work fine (for several hours, at least--still trying to get a good understanding of how often,etc...).

I've checked temps, re-seated boards, updated, checked all settings, power cycled, removed a board and let it run, switched the power cable (I'd initially put an older cable on it and it was getting a little warm in spots so I switched it out pretty quick) and checked all the other visible/accessible connections; all to no avail.  I've been working with Juan at 112bit who is also working with the Bitmain techs.  Just wondering if this is a widespread issue and if anyone has made any headway.

Yeah, I get that too, chasing ghosts right now. Try updating to the latest firmware (mentioned earlier in the thread) it's a firmware issue that'll be sorted out soon enough :-)

Innoman tried the latest firmware but in his case the problem persists, i tried to spread the S2 Batch #1 in many possible customers so more people can test the S2, but in this case really was not the best idea if giga or innoman has 2 or more units in hand all this process will be probably faster because not all our customers are experiencing the same results, in fact I have 1 unit for the Inside Bitcoins this Monday and works perfect.

Anyway Bitmain engineers are working with us to address the issues and avoid same situations in future units.

Juan

I actually misread what you said 1l1l11ll1l, about trying the new firmware; I was actually the one to post that I had tried it and it didn't fix my issue (and also that it did fix the IP subnet issue).  Unfortunately, my unit is still malfunctioning--it would be nice to have a second unit to see if the issue persists with both or if it is just this specific device (i.e. if it is something related to my setup--though I couldn't imagine what it could be).  It would also be nice if bitmain had loaned me an extra S1 to compensate for the reduced hash rate I am experiencing due to downtime and frequent under-performing.  Wink
buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2728
Merit: 1181

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:54:40 AM

I have not tried changing the default password yet.  would love to hear from someone who's taken that plunge and lived to tell about it.

Changing the password for the web admin will work.

Changing the password for SSH (aka root linux user) will be reset on reboot.

Changing the password in the web interface works for you?

I keep getting "invalid password" error when I attempt to change mine. How did you get yours to change properly?

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
dalenorman2005

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:56:35 AM

Juan

I actually misread what you said 1l1l11ll1l, about trying the new firmware; I was actually the one to post that I had tried it and it didn't fix my issue (and also that it did fix the IP subnet issue).  Unfortunately, my unit is still malfunctioning--it would be nice to have a second unit to see if the issue persists with both or if it is just this specific device (i.e. if it is something related to my setup--though I couldn't imagine what it could be).  It would also be nice if bitmain had loaned me an extra S1 to compensate for the reduced hash rate I am experiencing due to downtime and frequent under-performing.  Wink

Hey Innoman, not sure what you've gone through troubleshooting to date - you sure it's not internet connectivity related, or an issue with the pool you're mining on?  can you try another pool and move it to another location with a different internet connection, just to eliminate them as variables?

seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:51:38 AM

Here are the calcs.
1114W load @ 110V.
Internal load of 1008W.

And on 230V
92% efficient
Internal load of 1008W.

PSU is specifically designed for 24/7 use @ 50C. Therefore there is a significant thermal safety factor on max load alone - even forgetting the usual one.
Tldr, its k.

We ran a test this morning on our S2 and was pulling 5.2 amps at 208v for a total of 1082 watts. Hopefully the chips are being driven too hard by the cgminer driver and can be calmed down a bit.

This could really though a wrench in my plans for world domination via S2 miners...  Roll Eyes

I thought your plan was BFL Monarch  Roll Eyes.

Is Joshie related to you? rumor says you're family friend :/
innoman

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:02:40 AM

Hey Innoman, not sure what you've gone through troubleshooting to date - you sure it's not internet connectivity related, or an issue with the pool you're mining on?  can you try another pool and move it to another location with a different internet connection, just to eliminate them as variables?

I verified it wasn't internet connectivity related and I did try an alternate pool.  I actually did lose internet connectivity briefly around 5am, both of my S1s and my S2 went offline and my pool emailed me but they resumed shortly after without issue.  Also, at some point yesterday, my pool went offline (apparently) because all of my miners showed a bunch of shares on my backup pool.  No issues surrounded any of those events. 

Unfortunately, I don't have anywhere I could move them to to verify my internet connection, I just setup a ping plot to be sure it wasn't related and the issue occurred while the ping was going strong.  It's definitely either software or hardware related.
dalenorman2005

Activity: 64

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:18:07 AM

I verified it wasn't internet connectivity related and I did try an alternate pool.  I actually did lose internet connectivity briefly around 5am, both of my S1s and my S2 went offline and my pool emailed me but they resumed shortly after without issue.  Also, at some point yesterday, my pool went offline (apparently) because all of my miners showed a bunch of shares on my backup pool.  No issues surrounded any of those events. 

Unfortunately, I don't have anywhere I could move them to to verify my internet connection, I just setup a ping plot to be sure it wasn't related and the issue occurred while the ping was going strong.  It's definitely either software or hardware related.

i tend to agree!  certainly hope it gets resolved for you soon.  please do update this thread with your progress.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 04:00:13 AM

Here are the calcs.
1114W load @ 110V.
Internal load of 1008W.

And on 230V
92% efficient
Internal load of 1008W.

Tldr, its k.

This could really though a wrench in my plans for world domination via S2 miners...  Roll Eyes

I thought your plan was BFL Monarch  Roll Eyes.

Is Joshie related to you? rumor says you're family friend :/

James is not related to either Josh - BFL or AMT. Also, don't believe him to be a family friend of either. But, since he's a major part of HashTrade, it's possible that they put in a big order with AntMiner (perhaps AMT and Bitminer, also) to advance their farm, since supposedly deep pockets are behind the venture, having purchase millions of dollars worth of Monarchs from BFL if you recall the press release stating that BitPay was the payment provider.
innoman

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:19:48 AM

i tend to agree!  certainly hope it gets resolved for you soon.  please do update this thread with your progress.

Absolutely, will do! 
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:01:01 AM

The sad part (for the rest of us) is: I don't actually think you're joking...

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 05:29:09 AM

The sad part (for the rest of us) is: I don't actually think you're joking...

He is joking, it won't throw a wench in things, silly silly giga

btc_jumpnrl

Activity: 81

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:43:27 AM

I'm gonna guess that chain 1 is the board closest to the PSU? Its always 7C+ higher.

Tips: 1H1DF3BzFF2CVhPB4psEghg4bF5VYDseBT
ElGabo

Activity: 635

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:20:22 AM

Anybody tried to oc it?

Mine will arrive on wednesday.....

Can the cards get more power throught the pci bus?

Did anybody checked the machine from this prespective?

Dc-dc, voltage regulatros, others?

I'm very curious....

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
  So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"
jimmyl

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:32:52 AM

Anybody tried to oc it?

I'm very curious....

Your is batch1 or batch2?
Just wondering if batch2 is out already

nikolaz

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:33:50 AM

Anybody tried to oc it?

I'm very curious....

Batch 2: April 10th
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:55:58 PM

Anybody tried to oc it?

I'm very curious....

Batch 2: April 10th

Im a batch 2 order, and if noone overclocks it first I might have to take the plunge. Should be lots of headroom in the components, but it may be necessary to use some sort of powered (with 12AWG wires) riser solution to get the boards up out of the case for better cooling

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 04:52:02 PM

Video of S2's being loaded.

https://i.imgur.com/TZWlQti.gif

Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:08:13 PM

Video of S2's being loaded.

https://i.imgur.com/TZWlQti.gif

Best post in thread!  ROFL!!!!

I get lucky normally because my DHL special teams goes for a unbelievable 60yd field goal but I managed to catch them before the snap. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: