Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:32:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 355593 times)
innoman

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:54:44 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2014, 04:38:45 PM by innoman

I e-mailed bitmain today about the shipment and shipping date, wanted to know when they will start shipping for batch 2, but unfortunately I didn't get any answer, still waiting. From tomorrow i am gonna email them a lot, until I get an answer, it is a good reliable company but their communication with customer is horrible and it should be addressed and improved.

Why would you do this?  They said Batch 2 will ship on the 10th which means it will ship tomorrow.  Batch 1 was to ship on the 1st and it shipped on the 1st and I had it on the 3rd (US)--most on here seemed to get it 2 days later.  I can only imagine the number of people emailing them and asking this question, if they answered all of you--they wouldn't have time to get their systems ready.

A lack of constant communication doesn't equate to bad customer service.  If they failed to ship on time and failed to respond to actual problems, that would be bad customer service.  So far, they are doing neither.  Everything I've ordered from Bitmain directly or 112bit has shipped when they said it would (2 days for my S1s and 4/1 for my S2).  It's awesome that they sometimes ship early but you can't expect that every time, just appreciate it when they do.

Don't go email crazy--all you will do is prevent them from getting to real issues because they will have to sort through all of yours.  If I was in their position and that happened, I would probably block your email temporarily due to spam.  You won't get your system any faster, anyway.  They haven't just forgotten about you. Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
robbcarpdm

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 06:19:07 PM

is there any evidence of B2 having shipped already?

+1

I e-mailed bitmain today about the shipment and shipping date, wanted to know when they will start shipping for batch 2, but unfortunately I didn't get any answer, still waiting. From tomorrow i am gonna email them a lot, until I get an answer, it is a good reliable company but their communication with customer is horrible and it should be addressed and improved.

Secretely hoping to get my miners on friday or monday.  Undecided

I emailed Bitmain last night (about 12 hours ago) asking to change the shipping address and see if it could mail out ASAP since I will be away all next week.
and received a response roughly 8 hours ago that they would be shipping them 'tomorrow' (and also to confirm that they will change the shipping address)

Looks like they will ship ON the 10th, not before it. slightly dissapointed by that, but in no way is it the end of the world. It just means I have to get everything in place (power cord, LAN cable, clear instructions for setup and pool info) so that I can have someone else do the setup for me.

If noone is doing proper overclocking by the 21st - I will be pulling out the boards one-by-one to pencil mod them, throwing in an extra 800W supply, and seeing what can be done to improve the airflow (small chip-seated heatsinks that are a tedius process to apply, or more fans?)

I am willing to try some OC but I cant even get a clock change to stick ....it reverts back to stock on reboot.   Any suggestions?

Thanks
wpgdeez

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 06:23:18 PM

You call it compensation, I call it you just got played!

It's actually called "you got what you PAID!". Customers paid for a 3TH with Q2 as delivery deadline and they will get what they paid for in June. It doesn't cross the deadline so i don't see the problem. As for scammers i don't see who or how they scammed people, but yeah this forum needs more tard shill accounts!

Do you really want to waste time feeding a troll?

I mean just read his damn post :

Did I mention greedy fucking pricks???
For those reasons alone I hope btc dies! Let alone how this whole site is criminally run!

Call it what you will… But the shenanigans that are going on in the hardware world are down right criminal .. The vendors are using the customer product in their data centers up until the point where the product is at end of life cycle and then passing it on to the customer with little to no chance for ROE … You can say what you want, but we all know its happening ..

No doubt, if I bought a new car I would expect it to have 0 miles on it, not tested at the track extensively before purchase. This is done during the development phase.
imar2014

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 06:58:42 PM

You call it compensation, I call it you just got played!

It's actually called "you got what you PAID!". Customers paid for a 3TH with Q2 as delivery deadline and they will get what they paid for in June. It doesn't cross the deadline so i don't see the problem. As for scammers i don't see who or how they scammed people, but yeah this forum needs more tard shill accounts!

Do you really want to waste time feeding a troll?

I mean just read his damn post :

Did I mention greedy fucking pricks???
For those reasons alone I hope btc dies! Let alone how this whole site is criminally run!

Call it what you will… But the shenanigans that are going on in the hardware world are down right criminal .. The vendors are using the customer product in their data centers up until the point where the product is at end of life cycle and then passing it on to the customer with little to no chance for ROE … You can say what you want, but we all know its happening ..

No doubt, if I bought a new car I would expect it to have 0 miles on it, not tested at the track extensively before purchase. This is done during the development phase.

As much as i love Bitmain, unfortuneately the lure of mining with your customers rigs before releasing them is fast becoming an industry standard....ive got a Batch 2 that i dont expect to ROI, but i still think Bitmain are definately one of the best manufacturer's out in the market today. They are reliable and deliver.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 07:02:49 PM

+1

I emailed Bitmain last night (about 12 hours ago) asking to change the shipping address and see if it could mail out ASAP since I will be away all next week.
and received a response roughly 8 hours ago that they would be shipping them 'tomorrow' (and also to confirm that they will change the shipping address)

Looks like they will ship ON the 10th, not before it. slightly dissapointed by that, but in no way is it the end of the world. It just means I have to get everything in place (power cord, LAN cable, clear instructions for setup and pool info) so that I can have someone else do the setup for me.

If noone is doing proper overclocking by the 21st - I will be pulling out the boards one-by-one to pencil mod them, throwing in an extra 800W supply, and seeing what can be done to improve the airflow (small chip-seated heatsinks that are a tedius process to apply, or more fans?)

I am willing to try some OC but I cant even get a clock change to stick ....it reverts back to stock on reboot.   Any suggestions?

Thanks

I havent had a chance to play with one yet, but it was mentioned somewhere in another thread that some files seem to be reverted to default at reboot while others did not

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 07:08:18 PM

+1

Thanks
You need to edit asic-freq.config, not asic-freq
robbcarpdm

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 08:24:07 PM

Thanks Mr Teal.....

I believe that is exactly the mistake we were making.....
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 08:26:49 PM

Thanks Mr Teal.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pele5vptVgc
Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:12:10 AM

Well, so I just sent an email to bitmain asking for a tracking number and they answered me that they wont give me a tracking number until 12-13 of April  Sad
 That is because they are late or because they need time to process the tracking numbers as usual ?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 05:38:33 AM

Well, so I just sent an email to bitmain asking for a tracking number and they answered me that they wont give me a tracking number until 12-13 of April  Sad
 That is because they are late or because they need time to process the tracking numbers as usual ?

Processing. They'll ship everything out on the 10th and 11th, update all the trackings while they're in transit for delivery on Monday. <--- guess based off history.

robbcarpdm

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:19:35 PM

Thanks Mr Teal.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pele5vptVgc

Actually we did edit the .config file......and saved but no reboot it went back to factory.

Did you use this method and it worked for you Mr Teal?

Thanks
wpgdeez

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:27:33 PM

Just copy the file locally, edit it then upload it back overwriting the old. WINSCP is a great gui program to SSH into your miner and manipulate the file system.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:09:27 PM

Well, so I just sent an email to bitmain asking for a tracking number and they answered me that they wont give me a tracking number until 12-13 of April  Sad

Processing. They'll ship everything out on the 10th and 11th, update all the trackings while they're in transit for delivery on Monday. <--- guess based off history.

sounds about right. (Im a little dissapointed they are shipping on a thursday for that reason. Shipping on the 8th or even the 9th would have almost certainly resulted in delivery BEFORE the weekend)

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 02:14:46 PM

sounds about right. (Im a little dissapointed they are shipping on a thursday for that reason. Shipping on the 8th or even the 9th would have almost certainly resulted in delivery BEFORE the weekend)
So would shipping it on the 3rd February 2008? The batch isn't due to ship on the 10th, so its shipped on the 10th.

ElGabo

Activity: 635

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:20:51 PM

Any solution for the high rejected.

I got 1500 accepted 1100 rejected.

(Changing the fans are pain....)

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
  So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4480
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:52:14 PM

Finally got my hands on the source code.

As mentioned before, the high reject isn't really affecting the hash rate - it's extra shares being sent to the pool.
The actual cause is they've modified the code to bypass the full share difficulty check and do a simple check a 'bit' below required difficulty.
The pools must hate the S2s - they are passing some of the work load of cgminer checking shares, to the pool to do it - to save CPU on the miner.

I don't have an S2 yet ... but should soon. Then I'll be able to work on making the S1 code handle the S2 also (one or the other)
There's no temperature checking in the S2 code, so you should see it simply stop mining or even shutting down if you run it somewhere too hot.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:54:31 PM

Finally got my hands on the source code.

As mentioned before, the high reject isn't really affecting the hash rate - it's extra shares being sent to the pool.
The actual cause is they've modified the code to bypass the full share difficulty check and do a simple check a 'bit' below required difficulty.
The pools must hate the S2s - they are passing some of the work load of cgminer checking shares, to the pool to do it - to save CPU on the miner.

I don't have an S2 yet ... but should soon. Then I'll be able to work on making the S1 code handle the S2 also (one or the other)
There's no temperature checking in the S2 code, so you should see it simply stop mining or even shutting down if you run it somewhere too hot.

speaking of S1 code.. when trying to do a switchpool remotely, we are receiving this response:  

Rig: ant2 Message: Access denied to 'switchpool' command

edit:  we have  option api_allow 'W:0/0'

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
ElGabo

Activity: 635

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:54:50 PM

Thanks Kano!

My units won't run hot... ( 4x190cfm)

Edit: Any ideas somebody for higher clocks? How to figure out the codes?

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
  So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:04:44 PM

speaking of S1 code.. when trying to do a switchpool remotely, we are receiving this response:  

I figured this one out yesterday. The option is not being used in /etc/init.d/cgminer  Undecided

You'll need to change this file to make sure the --api-allow is being used. The code is in the line above commented out.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:09:14 PM

I figured this one out yesterday. The option is not being used in /etc/init.d/cgminer  Undecided

You'll need to change this file to make sure the --api-allow is being used. The code is in the line above commented out.

This is news to me... 

the fillowing line is in my init.d file, is this not enough?

config_get _aa default api_allow

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: