Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:23:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][0.8.6] Hirocoin - X11 - NGW - Secured Blockchain - Time Warp Limitation  (Read 271586 times)
rubenaco

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

NXT FORUM MÁS Y MEJOR

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 07:31:48 PM

Joeri has labeled people like me unethical and impatient in the past. Do you guys still think I am those things now?

Hey dude.

I never labeled YOU as unethical. But my standpoint remains ; changing a coins inflation model is highly unethical and i'll never trust or work with a crypto dev who does this. It's a very slippery slope, and I won't stand for it.

There's a difference between calling a person unethical and calling an idea or behaviour unethical. Who am I to judge you ? I don't judge you, just your suggestion Wink

darkcoin did the same

open your mind!!
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinlighter

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 07:55:31 PM

Joeri has labeled people like me unethical and impatient in the past. Do you guys still think I am those things now?

Hey dude.

I never labeled YOU as unethical. But my standpoint remains ; changing a coins inflation model is highly unethical and i'll never trust or work with a crypto dev who does this. It's a very slippery slope, and I won't stand for it.

There's a difference between calling a person unethical and calling an idea or behaviour unethical. Who am I to judge you ? I don't judge you, just your suggestion Wink

I agree with your point. I'll also never trust the dev who does that without "community consent", that is "unethical" in my opinion, but if the community wants that then why not?
Let's face it the coins is all about the community.
tuvokcoin

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:16:35 PM

Hello to all.I have been lurking for a very long time in  BCT, and this is the first time I'm posting therefore don't criticize me. Smiley

I have a suggestion.Why not reduce the total number of coins from 672m to ~100m or less(The coins will be 6 time rarer and the price will rise accordingly (IMO).I think the existing investors would appreciate it) and especially number of coins per block from 400 to 100 or less (the price can't sustain 576000 coins per day with such a low volume as ours  cause it's became one of the most profitable coins to "mine and dump" by multipools.Marketcap for this coin didn't fell in the past month, what’s more, it rose a little ).Then why the price fell more than 250% and continue to fall?. Soon enough it will be less then 100 sat

It's a great coin with excellent developer team and great community.
It would be a shame that this great coin dies but shitcoins continue to live.We all know that the price is a main driving force of any coin.
I want to know what the developer team and especially the community thinks about this, maybe make a poll or something.
I hope I put up my thoughts correctly because English is not my first or second language

Just my 2 hiros  Wink
Thank you

Your English is good!

This is an example of an alteration to the coin's original specifications that would help the value quite a bit, but the hiro team has refused to consider it when others have brought it up in the past. They say it's 'unethical' to change the original specs of the coin. Seems like they'd rather see Hiro go to 1 satoshi than to do what you and others have suggested or anything else that would dramatically help the coin and spark new life into it. Hiro is helping Darkcoin right now, which is very generous, but while helping out that coin, Hiro should look at the changes Darkcoin made to their coin specifications *after* launch to boost the coin's value and community excitement.

Is it unethical to be relevant, do everything possible to protect the investments of your community, to seriously consider what your investors are asking you to do even if these suggestions are outside of the hiro team's personal comfort zone? I don't think so, but Joeri and his mates banish all suggestions that fall outside of their original line of thinking, no matter how ineffective their causes may be toward the coin's value and market interest.

I think the hiro team is a group of some of the nicest people in crypto, really I do. But it's as if they started an advertising company before the internet age, and everyone is telling them to now advertise online, yet they refuse and only stick to paper fliers and billboards because that's what they told their original clients they would do. Hiro team - crypto has grown up and evolved around you. Staying true to the original plan feels like you guys are just being stubborn and prideful.

At the start, when your community complained about the coin's performance, Joeri would remind us how young the coin was and how the coin needed time. Time has come and gone.

Then people started offering ways to bring greater value to the coin by reducing the coin count or moving up the block halving. Joeri responded by telling us we were unethical for suggesting changes to the original specification and proceeded to spend weeks on a logo design contest instead.

Investors thought things were bad when the coin was at 1k sat, then at 800 sat, and now you're often under 200 sat. When people ask if the coin is dead, your response is that the coin is very much alive, then provide us with a progress report containing items you're working on that make little to no impression on your community and certainly not much to the market at large.

Then you tell us not to worry because you're working on important security features. As another community member pointed out in an earlier post - who needs security when fewer and fewer people are interested in hirocoin? I wonder, is that really the right thing to worry about right now? Some of us have doubts that greater security alone will bring interest to this coin.

Further, you remind us how being an X11 coin will have people flock to Hiro as the weather warms this summer. This is old old old news and has been for quite some time. There are a countless number of X11 coins on the market that are faring much better than hiro, are much more responsive to the needs and wants of the community without calling us unethical for suggesting ways to improve the coin, and I believe *those* are the coins miners will flock to this summer. Why? Because those are actually profitable coins to mine, and people feel these coins have greater potential for even more profit going forward.

So where does this leave us? It's tough to be critical of the guys behind hiro because they are kind, patient, and willing to take the hits like the gentlemen they are. But guys, I think you can be both nice and strategic at the same time. Being strategic can include things like being transparent, releasing newsletters, beefing up security standards, starting a multipool (Omar, you seem like a straight up, smart dude, btw), but strategy also means looking around and constantly evaluating what is working, what is not, listening to the community (there are some smart people in the hiro community - it would behoove you to consider their 'radical/unethical' ideas), and making adjustments to the coin quickly and ahead of the curve. You may have a few people call foul for changing any original intent, but guess what? Successful businesses change their parameters all the time if it means it will help the product, the investors, and ultimately bringing innovation to the market. Hirocoin feels like it's stuck in the stone age.

Joeri has labeled people like me unethical and impatient in the past. Do you guys still think I am those things now? I believe Hiro has potential - lots of coins do - but you guys need to accept that some radical changes must be made to the coin if you're going to swim with the sharks and win. We want you to win. We're telling you that your current ways are hindering your own success. Please for the love of God, listen to what your community is telling you rather than banish us cuz you don't like what we have to say and because it's not aligned with your 'strategy.' Many of us feel your strategy is off the mark, and you may be working hard on the wrong things.

Other than Dark, what are the countless numbers of X11 coins with POW that are faring much better than Hiro? Anybody?

If you have to ask, you're not watching the market as closely as we are. And your question is a trap too - no matter what coin I say, you'll counter with some reason why it's different. The point is that there are many X11 coins to choose from (whether or not you agree with me as to each of their health and performance), so Hiro claiming that their X11 algo makes them somehow unique or desirable no longer scales. Look - I was into hiro from the beginning and the truth is I can't sell my investments at this price or any price it has been for the past 2 months. You can come at me and challenge what I write, but you're barking up the wrong tree. All I'm trying to encourage is that the coin team widen their blinders, think beyond their original plan, be open to changes they once thought they didn't need but perhaps now they should reconsider, and be agile and innovative with the pace of the crypto world. I don't think this is an unfair request by Hirocoin investors. And none of this is an attack on the team - they are obviously great guys. This is simply a request, and clearly not only by me from the looks of it. Can we not fight with one another, argue about who's right and who's wrong, and just agree that we would ALL like Hiro to do really really really well?

My point is there are none. Go to coinwarz choose X11 and you get only Dark and Hiro. Go to cointweak and you get those plus Limecoin, Hashcoin and Muniticoin. It is obvious that Hiro is suffering from X11 multipool dumps because the alternatives are weak. Hiro would be in a much stronger position if there actually were a few X11 coins fairing better.

Hiro is under attack and needs to weather the storm. I think the summer migration is real. I mine Hiro not only because of the integrity of the dev, but because there is nothing else to mine profitably. I can't do scrypt anymore. It runs too hot.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:17:12 PM

Well it's certainly not ethical for them to delete my post on Reddit.  It's also not ethical to let the coin die after so many of us have invested our time mining and buying into it.  How does helping Darkcoin help the Hirocoin community?
equalizer

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 09:55:41 PM

Hey dude.

Okay, I understand you don't want to change the coin's initial model. I get that this is your standpoint. You've made it clear that you won't stand for it. But is this YOUR coin? I thought this was the community's coin. What you say and what you do are at odds on this, and it's really frustrating that you speak on behalf of the coin as if it's yours to do with what you think is right. What say does the community have? Apparently if we don't agree with you, not a whole lot. You talk about transparency and openness and collaboration and how these qualities make Hiro so great, but if an idea doesn't jibe with your vision, then it gets the boot. You've said the price of Hiro is not the Hiro team's responsibility, but if you don't allow for the community to influence the coin's future, then whose responsibility is it? It's your right to judge my suggestions, but it's also the community's right to say - something is very wrong, you're at the helm, why are you digging your heels in?

If this coin belongs to you and is about you, then none of us should bother posting anymore. If you're the king of this castle, then okay, we'll go away. But don't tell us it's the community's strength and commitment that determines the success of this coin, cuz you don't let us influence squat unless it just happens to be okay with you. If this is truly the community's coin, why not put it to a vote? You may not want to change anything about the coin, but what if the majority of the community does? Why don't we find out? Does anyone out there agree with me? Hiro? Omar? Anyone from the community? I'm happy to go along with the community's needs and wants...are you, Joerii?
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:25:43 PM

Hey dude.

Okay, I understand you don't want to change the coin's initial model. I get that this is your standpoint. You've made it clear that you won't stand for it. But is this YOUR coin? I thought this was the community's coin. What you say and what you do are at odds on this, and it's really frustrating that you speak on behalf of the coin as if it's yours to do with what you think is right. What say does the community have? Apparently if we don't agree with you, not a whole lot. You talk about transparency and openness and collaboration and how these qualities make Hiro so great, but if an idea doesn't jibe with your vision, then it gets the boot. You've said the price of Hiro is not the Hiro team's responsibility, but if you don't allow for the community to influence the coin's future, then whose responsibility is it? It's your right to judge my suggestions, but it's also the community's right to say - something is very wrong, you're at the helm, why are you digging your heels in?

If this coin belongs to you and is about you, then none of us should bother posting anymore. If you're the king of this castle, then okay, we'll go away. But don't tell us it's the community's strength and commitment that determines the success of this coin, cuz you don't let us influence squat unless it just happens to be okay with you. If this is truly the community's coin, why not put it to a vote? You may not want to change anything about the coin, but what if the majority of the community does? Why don't we find out? Does anyone out there agree with me? Hiro? Omar? Anyone from the community? I'm happy to go along with the community's needs and wants...are you, Joerii?

The coin is dead now for sure.  The developers won't listen to reason and it is obvious HIRO is just a vanity project for them. 

Obviously their time and probably money is invested in #DRK and this coin is just for them to do as they please. 

Well the price is under 200 Satoshi now (160 as I speak). 

Soon it will go to a LTC only market on Mintpal and most likely Bittrex will just close their HIRO maret.  The other exchanges will follow them.  After that there will be no way to resurrect it. 

These days there are plenty of other X11 clones and even the worst shitcoin seems to have more responsive, community oriented developers.  Any coin that doesn't dies very quickly now (unlike the earlier days of crypto).  People have also realised that there is no value in a coin that has a huge supply/coin number/reward without anything else to back it up.  There is no innovation here at all and any criticism is either removed, ignored or described as "unethical".

I mined from the beginning but have stopped because of the lack of real developer support and the inability of them to listen.  This was the last chance for them - many others have left before me and even I (sucker that I am) have my limit. 

Sure it may still be profitable for a little for FPGA farms to mine HIRO for a little while due to their increased energy efficiency but that will not last. 

It's sad.  This coin had potential but it seems it was only ever FALSE.  I won't be supporting anything that these developers do again and I will let everyone know that they are the inconsiderate narcissists right who caused me and many others to lose money through HIRO and their false promises.

Maybe the community can't force the DEVs to change but we always have the right to walk away and tell everyone how you treated your own supporters, the people you needed to keep on side, like shit.

HIRO is DEAD - RIP - at least it was "ethical" for the developers.
RobFordWotWot

Activity: 280

time

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:32:28 PM

You're right hiro is dead which means it's time to raise from the Ashes like a foenix!

Roll Eyes

Horses in midstream.
tuvokcoin

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:50:59 PM

Pure FUD. Hiro has a higher trading volume than over 20 coins on Mintpal, so no danger of de-listing. Hiro needs to add value in some way to make pure dumping by multipools a bit harder.

I'm all for staying the course, but would the devs consider keeping the same number of coins yet:

-change the block reward to say half
-compensate for the lost reward by adding a proof of stake with a decent interest

This would maintain number of coins and provide a bit of protection from multipools.

Is this possible to consider?

RobFordWotWot

Activity: 280

time

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:53:57 PM

Pure FUD. Hiro has a higher trading volume than over 20 coins on Mintpal, so no danger of de-listing. Hiro needs to add value in some way to make pure dumping by multipools a bit harder.

I'm all for staying the course, but would the devs consider keeping the same number of coins yet:

-compensate for the lost reward by adding a proof of stake with a decent interest

This would maintain number of coins and provide a bit of protection from multipools.

The Dev seems opposed to any changes.

I don't see why Hiro needs to shift anything. Just because the elements haven't aligned to destroy the moon yet doesn't mean that it needs to do backflips for bagels.

Horses in midstream.
tuvokcoin

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:58:27 PM

How does a coin protect itself from multipools then? Hope for a new hot coin to draw away some heat?  Xc just came online but went quickly to POS. That may be the new trend for new X11 coins, if they are paying attention.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:45:06 AM

Like King Canute stopping the tide.  Or Marie Antoinette when the peasants were revolting.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:52:03 AM

Yes it's FUD (FEAR UNCERTAINTY & DOUBT) which is entirely warranted.  That trade volume is FPGA farms dumping.  When it falls further even those trades will disappear.  The more worthless the coin is the less valuable those trades become to the exchanges as one half of their fees on the trade are in HIRO coin - which amounts to a whole heap of nothing.  Once it's truly over I doubt the devs will give you anything for your misplaced loyalty in them.
equalizer

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:17:20 AM

I think ideas like this should be put to a vote so that the community can weigh in.

Others have suggested reducing the # of total coins - not everyone is a fan of this idea for various reasons, but it's another attempt to generate greater interest in Hirocoin, so why not put this to a vote?

Both of these ideas were kiboshed by Joerii, so my question to him still stands. Is this Joerii's personal coin or can the community have a say in the future of Hirocoin? Bitcointalk allows for polls to be taken - why not leverage that and learn what the community wants? You never know, Joerii - maybe the majority of the community agrees with you and disagrees with me, so let's find out.
djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 05:02:20 AM

I don't see why Hiro needs to shift anything. Just because the elements haven't aligned to destroy the moon yet doesn't mean that it needs to do backflips for bagels.

ok, this is the single best quote i've read on the internet.

*slow clap*

also, OLIVIA CHOW WOT WOT

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 08:47:33 AM

I just heard in darkcoin thread that main developer of Hirocoin is working in the future development of Darkcoin. It was just confirmed by Evan (main dev. of Darkcoin)
How this will affect Hirocoin? Can we share code between currencies? There will be some common marketing or partnership relationship?

If the answer it's a yes, I think this will be great news for Hirocoin. Darkcoin is the most innovative currency out there, not only related to anonymity. And main developer of Hirocoin is one of the good ones of the scene.

I think Hirocoin can be the future silver of Darkcoin gold  Grin
equalizer

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:10:33 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2014, 05:54:47 PM by equalizer

I just heard in darkcoin thread that main developer of Hirocoin is working in the future development of Darkcoin. It was just confirmed by Evan (main dev. of Darkcoin)
How this will affect Hirocoin? Can we share code between currencies? There will be some common marketing or partnership relationship?

If the answer it's a yes, I think this will be great news for Hirocoin. Darkcoin is the most innovative currency out there, not only related to anonymity. And main developer of Hirocoin is one of the good ones of the scene.

I think Hirocoin can be the future silver of Darkcoin gold  Grin

This is a quote from Hiro's most recent post:

"Right now I am helping Evan Duffield on Darkcoin. We are putting in a solution to secure the blockchain against attacks. It is only going to be a matter of time before X11 coins get the sort of attacks that are common on Scrypt. Hirocoin is secure and we are making sure that Darkcoin is also going to be secure. Once I have finished working on Darkcoin I will be back and plan to implement a in client block explorer. Sounds like a sensible thing to have."

It doesn't sound like there are any plans to share code between currencies from what Hiro wrote. I think people are concerned that while Hirocoin is falling to an all time low, the Hirocoin's main developer is off working on another coin that recently experienced its all time high.

Since Joerii is ignoring my questions from prior posts, I'll state them here again for him and the rest of the Hiro community. We've begrudgingly done things your way for the last few months and the coin has done nothing but suffer. It is weaker and less popular than it has ever been and this is after doing things YOUR way. Isn't it time to let the community decide what is best for the future of hiro or is this coin going to be your legacy as it falls below 100 sat?

You're supposed to be Hirocoin's lead strategy guy. Is what's happening actually a part of your long term strategy, and if so, can you lay out your plan again so we can see when some reprieve is in sight? When people first started to panic, you told us to relax - the coin is too new and people have short-attention spans. You said some new backend features and the new logo will spark things up. They didn't. Then when people panicked again, you said things will be better in the summer as everyone will move from scrypt coins and look for an ideal energy saving coin. Well, it's very warm now and things are worse than before. Then people suggested we change the coin's specs to make the coin more attractive, and you said it's against your ethics to do that. And now, the current price. You may have had a few people follow your ways, but you've probably lost a whole lot more of the community, both miners and investors, because of your 'strategy.' I'm sorry to be calling you out like this man, but this has gone on far enough. You've been the boat captain of this community all this time, the crew is telling you the ship is sinking, yet you continue to tell us, "sail on, my brothers, stay the course!"

Where is the shame in admitting that your way, while valiant, was not right for this coin? As long as you are willing to work with the rest of the community to reset this coin and make it more attractive for current and new miners/investors, I'm sure everyone will overlook the past and focus on moving forward. No more videos, no more design contests, no more focusing dev efforts on another coin or on features that bring no excitement and verve to this coin - can't we all work together, vote on what we want this coin to be, and let the majority decide Hiro's roadmap?
mrp1

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:35:40 PM

Looks like main dev is NOT tending to business..  I'm OUT !!
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:51:14 PM

I think Hirocoin can be the future silver of Darkcoin gold  Grin

This is a quote from Hiro's most recent post:

"Right now I am helping Evan Duffield on Darkcoin. We are putting in a solution to secure the blockchain against attacks. It is only going to be a matter of time before X11 coins get the sort of attacks that are common on Scrypt. Hirocoin is secure and we are making sure that Darkcoin is also going to be secure. Once I have finished working on Darkcoin I will be back and plan to implement a in client block explorer. Sounds like a sensible thing to have."

It doesn't sound like there are any plans to share code between currencies from what Hiro wrote. I think people are concerned that while Hirocoin is falling to an all time low, the Hirocoin's main developer is off working on another coin that recently experienced its all time high.

Since Joerii is ignoring my questions from prior posts, I'll state them here again for him and the rest of the Hiro community. We've begrudgingly done things your way for the last few months and the coin has done nothing but suffer. It is weaker and less popular than it has ever been and this is after doing things YOUR way. Isn't it time to let the community decide what is best for the future of hiro or is this coin going to be your legacy as it falls below 100 sat?

You're supposed to be Hirocoin's lead strategy guy. Is what's happening actually a part of your long term strategy, and if so, can you lay our your plan again so we can see when some reprieve is in sight? When people first started to panic, you told us to relax - the coin is too new and people have short-attention spans. You said some new backend features and the new logo will spark things up. They didn't. Then when people panicked again, you said things will be better in the summer as everyone will move from scrypt coins and look for an ideal energy saving coin. Well, it's very warm now and things are worse than before. Then people suggested we change the coin's specs to make the coin more attractive, and you said it's against your ethics to do that. And now, the current price. You may have had a few people follow your ways, but you've probably lost a whole lot more of the community, both miners and investors, because of your 'strategy.' I'm sorry to be calling you out like this man, but this has gone on far enough. You've been the boat captain of this community all this time, the crew is telling you the ship is sinking, yet you continue to tell us, "sail on, my brothers, stay the course!"

Where is the shame in admitting that your way, while valiant, was not right for this coin? As long as you are willing to work with the rest of the community to reset this coin and make it more attractive for current and new miners/investors, I'm sure everyone will overlook the past and focus on moving forward. No more videos, no more design contests, no more focusing dev efforts on another coin or on features that bring no excitement and verve to this coin - can't we all work together, vote on what we want this coin to be, and let the majority decide Hiro's roadmap?

+1

Nice words, I agree completely

We have one of the best developers of the crypto scene, c'mon he is helping Evan to improve Darkcoin! (best alt ever IMHO)
Hiro must succeed!

OmarGsPools

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:12:56 PM

I can understand why investors, especially the early investors, are unhappy as they've seen their investment continue to plummet. My stance on the modification of the block reward and POS implementation is that it should only be done as an absolute last resort. While it may fix the current fall in value, what happens later? We repeat the same thing again? The modification doesn't add anything to the coin other than artificially inflate the value. I can see why Joerii is against it also as it would heavily benefit any current holders of HIRO and make their current share a large percentage of the total supply of HIRO which is against the decentralization concept of cryptocurrencies.

Regarding the HiroPool, I've added an x13 port which should prove to be even more profitable than the x11 port. The previous issues with the x11 port profitability have been solved and we've paid out 200% more HIRO than if mining directly.

A little interesting market tidbit is that at the current block reward of 400 HIRO and 60s block time, we produce 24000 HIRO an hour and 576,000 HIRO a day. At the current price of roughly 150 satoshi we require only  0.864BTC to buy ALL HIRO produced daily. It really shouldn't take much to get us going in the right direction and this shows that unless multipools are responsible for dumping all HIRO produced daily they aren't of concern.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
equalizer

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:40:34 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2014, 07:51:05 PM by equalizer

I can understand why investors, especially the early investors, are unhappy as they've seen their investment continue to plummet. My stance on the modification of the block reward and POS implementation is that it should only be done as an absolute last resort. While it may fix the current fall in value, what happens later? We repeat the same thing again? The modification doesn't add anything to the coin other than artificially inflate the value. I can see why Joerii is against it also as it would heavily benefit any current holders of HIRO and make their current share a large percentage of the total supply of HIRO which is against the decentralization concept of cryptocurrencies.

Regarding the HiroPool, I've added an x13 port which should prove to be even more profitable than the x11 port. The previous issues with the x11 port profitability have been solved and we've paid out 200% more HIRO than if mining directly.

A little interesting market tidbit is that at the current block reward of 400 HIRO and 60s block time, we produce 24000 HIRO an hour and 576,000 HIRO a day. At the current price of roughly 150 satoshi we require only  0.864BTC to buy ALL HIRO produced daily. It really shouldn't take much to get us going in the right direction and this shows that unless multipools are responsible for dumping all HIRO produced daily they aren't of concern.

Thanks for your response, Omar. If there was a permanent sure fix to the current landscape, I'm sure you guys would have put it in place yesterday. Every idea has its upside and downside, but the point is that staying the course ain't working. I think we can all agree on that one fact, even if we don't agree on what the next steps should be.

Are you open to the community voting on how the coin should move forward? Given your team's willingness to be open and transparent, why not invite all Hirocoin investors, both young and old, to come together as one, and decide as a group what happens next? This is the community's coin, isn't it?
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: