Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:47:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Habanero - 650GH/s - OOS  (Read 95987 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:39:37 PM

Im excited to follow this thread, and disappointed at not gathering up my BTC before they closed this batch (my fault but I'm ready now!).  Its been 7 days and there has been no statements to followup on if there will be any more boards available to purchase in batch 2 as was originally hinted at, and no information about the results from asking who else would be interested on Tuesday.  I'd just like to be able to not check this thread ever 4 hours waiting in limbo to know if there is more available, or if its closed, or a date for potential new batch.  Thanks in advance for any insight Mr Teal, Gateway, Chipgeek great work with the support too.
-Jase

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:25:22 PM

Im excited to follow this thread, and disappointed at not gathering up my BTC before they closed this batch (my fault but I'm ready now!).  Its been 7 days and there has been no statements to followup on if there will be any more boards available to purchase in batch 2 as was originally hinted at, and no information about the results from asking who else would be interested on Tuesday.  I'd just like to be able to not check this thread ever 4 hours waiting in limbo to know if there is more available, or if its closed, or a date for potential new batch.  Thanks in advance for any insight Mr Teal, Gateway, Chipgeek great work with the support too.
-Jase
Thanks Jasemoney - I too am confused as to why there is no response about another batch.  I can understand not having an expected release date, but they could at least say whether there is something in the pipeline.  Strange.
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:41:35 PM

So, the voltage tool... I got it working, does it require setting custom voltages across power cycling? Or does it maintain the settings Ive specified?

I love the tool btw, I got one of my habs at .81v(under load) @ 725mhz @ 550GH @ 590 wall watts(can do 750mhz as well but keeping lower so my PSU stays alive).
With the 280L, fans @ 100 .. the above settings yields a hottest core of 80C ... cant wait to get my PSU's to power these puppies.
Having said that, changing voltages, in the slightest, makes a huge difference in power & temp on these things.

Ive also noticed that cores will "drop out" momentarily if the voltages are too low at a given clockspeed even before HW% becomes an issue.

----
On another note, I think gateway said it, but Im gonna reiterate the importance of head pressure when screwing it down onto the chip, DO NOT do it too tightly, I was looking at the board sideways and I can see the actual PCB of the package(PCB the dies set on, not the PCB of the main board) bowing because the dies were being pushed so hard down into it.

Since then Ive loosened all screws a great deal and maintain same cooling temps.

Check out this post, maybe that helps you understand the drops when using the Pepper App and some suggestions what to do.

Hrm... as my post states, already know what causes it =) ... kinda discovered it on my own =P

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
joeltang

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:22:26 PM

this might be a cgminer config issue but can anyone help me with this error?
"HFA : OP_USB_INIT failed! Operation status 20 (regulator programming error)
edit:using cgminer 4.3.4
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:34:48 PM

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay on details about another batch. There's a couple things involved with this. The first is Batch 2 availability; this run is completely sold out of boards that passed at speed, but we still have boards left. Some of those will be outright write-offs, but some just have issues like there's a solder bridge between pins or have a resistor that got placed off kilter, and they just need to have that touched up and they're good to go. Right now we're waiting to see how many of those we'll have available.
On top of that, we have a few boards with one bad die, or that some reason don't pass test at stock speed and voltage, but that do hash otherwise. Those need to be retested and we need to figure out what to do with them, whether they get sold at a discount, we keep them, etc.

On batch 3, it's still up in the air a little bit unfortunately. I would say it's pretty likely at this point, but we're just waiting on confirmation of a couple big orders that would make is feasible.
It's a bit of a chicken and egg scenario, we need a certain quantity to justify a batch, but we don't want to do presales through the website without knowing for sure that the batch is 100% or having to delay it waiting for more people since that's not fair to any of you. Getting a couple big orders signed up makes it possible to pull the trigger without us having to lay out mid six figures of our own money to pre-buy everything (which we wouldn't have anyway), or put ourselves in a situation where we might not be able to provide what we promised within a reasonable period of time. I hope to know more here in the next day or two.
Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:40:21 PM

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay on details about another batch. There's a couple things involved with this. The first is Batch 2 availability; this run is completely sold out of boards that passed at speed, but we still have boards left. Some of those will be outright write-offs, but some just have issues like there's a solder bridge between pins or have a resistor that got placed off kilter, and they just need to have that touched up and they're good to go. Right now we're waiting to see how many of those we'll have available.
On top of that, we have a few boards with one bad die, or that some reason don't pass test at stock speed and voltage, but that do hash otherwise. Those need to be retested and we need to figure out what to do with them, whether they get sold at a discount, we keep them, etc.

On batch 3, it's still up in the air a little bit unfortunately. I would say it's pretty likely at this point, but we're just waiting on confirmation of a couple big orders that would make is feasible.
It's a bit of a chicken and egg scenario, we need a certain quantity to justify a batch, but we don't want to do presales through the website without knowing for sure that the batch is 100% or having to delay it waiting for more people since that's not fair to any of you. Getting a couple big orders signed up makes it possible to pull the trigger without us having to lay out mid six figures of our own money to pre-buy everything (which we wouldn't have anyway), or put ourselves in a situation where we might not be able to provide what we promised within a reasonable period of time. I hope to know more here in the next day or two.

Thank you Dr. Teal.  Makes perfect sense.  Put me on the list for buying reject boards at a discount.
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:40:45 PM

Sad That error indicated that the power supply is not able to turn on correctly. It could be a couple reasons.
Do you have a PCIe connector going to each plug? You need one into each.
If not, it is possible something got damaged when it was hit with reverse polarity from the old PSUs.
Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:45:50 PM

Totally different subject.  I have three Habs and three Goldrushes.  I have them mixed with 3 running on a pc and 3 running on a Rpi.  My issue is the Rpi.  It seems to lock up and lose communication with the network after 3-4 hours.  It needs to be physically reset.  I use a data center so that really sucks.  I have a similar issue with a pi on the old Drillbit miners.  But for that one I bought one of those network enabled outlets that I can cut off power and restart power via the web.  But those are not cheap.
My question is if anyone else has reset issues with their Rpi and if so how did you fix it.  Bad SD card?  Different hub or switch to router?  Grasping here.
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:48:15 PM

Totally different subject.  I have three Habs and three Goldrushes.  I have them mixed with 3 running on a pc and 3 running on a Rpi.  My issue is the Rpi.  It seems to lock up and lose communication with the network after 3-4 hours.  It needs to be physically reset.  I use a data center so that really sucks.  I have a similar issue with a pi on the old Drillbit miners.  But for that one I bought one of those network enabled outlets that I can cut off power and restart power via the web.  But those are not cheap.
My question is if anyone else has reset issues with their Rpi and if so how did you fix it.  Bad SD card?  Different hub or switch to router?  Grasping here.

Had the same issue using the a Pi on my Hab boards. I had to ditch the Pi and use windows. Posted earlier in the thread on it. Are you getting the same error?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=519943.msg7258041#msg7258041
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:52:31 PM

Totally different subject.  I have three Habs and three Goldrushes.  I have them mixed with 3 running on a pc and 3 running on a Rpi.  My issue is the Rpi.  It seems to lock up and lose communication with the network after 3-4 hours.  It needs to be physically reset.  I use a data center so that really sucks.  I have a similar issue with a pi on the old Drillbit miners.  But for that one I bought one of those network enabled outlets that I can cut off power and restart power via the web.  But those are not cheap.
My question is if anyone else has reset issues with their Rpi and if so how did you fix it.  Bad SD card?  Different hub or switch to router?  Grasping here.
If you have something there capable of outputting RS232 (IE, computer 9 pin serial port) either natively or through a USB-serial adapter, you might be able to use these PDUs if you have 240V available.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Avocent-Cyclades-PM10i-Intelligent-PDU-Rack-Mount-PM-10i-30A-/161308531189?pt=US_Power_Distribution_Units&hash=item258ebcd9f5
I have a few of them, and they work awesome. They aren't networked so you control them through a serial terminal instead of SSH, but you can't beat $45 for a 10 port 30A 240V PDU. You can barely buy a big 240V power bar for that.

For the rPi, I am unsure since I've only used them a couple times to try and help out miners. I've probably never tried one for more than a half hour, but I can set up a couple boards over the weekend on one and see what happens.
joeltang

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:00:23 PM

Now I get this one: "OP_USB_INIT: Tossing packet, valid but unexpected type 144"

Can someone point me in a direction?  I'm lost.
achtung082

Activity: 358
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:27:33 PM

You can configure the watchdog to reboot the Pi when it hangs. I have only used the watchdog with peon on the Pi and it seems to have fixed the hang issue. Try get hold of a BeagleBone Black $55 from adafruit who also accept btc, they work much better then the Pi. (i have 2x Pi and 2x BBB)

There area few posts online saying the Pi flaw in the architecture that causes the USB to lock, which then also locks the network. Some say overclocking the Pi can help but it still locked up for me.

Support sidehack projects: 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
My Sales Wallet BTC:bc1qxtxsc86lessnrsm52gf7qgmqle75htdr03zdd7 - LTC:LNLKyKkGNCJakZudGjc2qg26yYz7oeo92k - ETH:0xDf1b17872D9Ff22F04270BbDA13556B3E1649E27
Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:31:34 PM

You can configure the watchdog to reboot the Pi when it hangs. I have only used the watchdog with peon on the Pi and it seems to have fixed the hang issue. Try get hold of a BeagleBone Black $55 from adafruit who also accept btc, they work much better then the Pi. (i have 2x Pi and 2x BBB)

There area few posts online saying the Pi flaw in the architecture that causes the USB to lock, which then also locks the network. Some say overclocking the Pi can help but it still locked up for me.

Thanks guys.  The PDU is bigger than I have room for and upgrading to 240v would cost me.  I have an old laptop I'll stick in there for now.  But I think I will try a beaglebone and see if that works any better. 
I appreciate the advise and glad to hear I am not the only one with hanging Rpi.
Batshark

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:37:44 PM

Now I get this one: "OP_USB_INIT: Tossing packet, valid but unexpected type 144"

I had a similar error, but I cant remember if it was the exact same. My issue was a missing WinUSB driver. I installed the missing driver using zadig (http://zadig.akeo.ie/), and haven't had any issues since.
xjack

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:40:24 PM

Thanks guys.  The PDU is bigger than I have room for and upgrading to 240v would cost me.  I have an old laptop I'll stick in there for now.  But I think I will try a beaglebone and see if that works any better. 
I appreciate the advise and glad to hear I am not the only one with hanging Rpi.

If the Rpi isn't responding to ICMP Ping (ie: completely locked up), then I'd might recommend this Web Power Switch, a little spendy at $129, but has 10 outlets (8 switched) with some good configuration stuff built into the WebUI.  They have a good config which you can configure to cycle power to outlets based on timed-out Ping requests.

http://www.digital-loggers.com/lpc.html

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
gateway

Activity: 552

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:12:49 PM

I would avoid the beaglebone for now, it has a hot plus usb issue that doesnt seem to be fixed even in some of the beta kernels.. anyhow just my 2 cents since I tried to get one working and just gave up.
xjack

Activity: 539

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:14:51 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 12:29:40 AM by xjack

I would avoid the beaglebone for now, it has a hot plus usb issue that doesnt seem to be fixed even in some of the beta kernels.. anyhow just my 2 cents since I tried to get one working and just gave up.

It's running fine for me on the 5-14 Debian firmware.  Are you running an Angstrom release?

Edit: Reading comprehension - hotplug.  I tend to power-cycle to reboot miners so I forgot that the habanero must be plugged from bootup.

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
ktbken

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 11:53:28 PM

It's running fine for me on the 5-14 Debian firmware.  Are you running an Angstrom release?

The odroid u3 is a good alternative http://hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php  I ditched all my pi for them due to usb issues

Multi-coin pools - http://united-miners.com - IRC  freenode #united-miners
joeltang

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:18:18 AM

I had a similar error, but I cant remember if it was the exact same. My issue was a missing WinUSB driver. I installed the missing driver using zadig (http://zadig.akeo.ie/), and haven't had any issues since.

I'm okay now, it wasn't clear to me that power was required on all four plugs.  (at least it is in my case)  USB errors are for the most part gone.

My cooler has yet to arrive and I'm reaching thermal overload rather quickly even with "--hfa-hash-clock 100".
I'm assuming this is normal behavior without a cooler on board.  I'm going to see how much hashing I can achieve with my cpu air cooler resting on the die with the fan on it. 
henriquelb

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

Account was hacked and now reclaimed.

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:23:43 AM

Anyone tried Air Cooling?

The Noctua NH-D14 for example has the almost the same performance as Corsair H100i.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: