Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:05:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748197 times)
Skerberus

Activity: 910
Merit: 664

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:41:05 PM

So i just started my client again and it closes in a flash, im unable to read the error too

Start the bat file via commandline, so that we can see and investigate the error.
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 06:18:17 PM

So i just started my client again and it closes in a flash, im unable to read the error too

Start the bat file via commandline, so that we can see and investigate the error.

pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 06:18:35 PM

qora already has 2 advantages over nxt:
1) alias trading
2) 70x cheaper to transfer. i always argued that nxt needed to lower its fee but nobody paid attention to me

Edit ur run.bat to this:

"%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xmx256m -Djava.library.path=libs/native -jar Qora.jar

Doesnt work
Skerberus

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:22:55 PM

So this looks like a general bug. Have you tried starting from scratch? Unzip qora again to a new folder, restore your wallet (hope you remember your seed) and redownload the blockchain that way.
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:17:11 PM

Maybe Wesly from NXT can build a good user friendly Client for Qora... What do you guys think?

I think the client setup is to complicated for people without many computer knowledge..
Skerberus

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:19:41 PM

Maybe Wesly from NXT can build a good user friendly Client for Qora... What do you guys think?

I think the client setup is to complicated for people without many computer knowledge..

Well one easy possibility would be to release a qora zip that includes a portable java runtime (the bat should of course point there). This would make the *.zip a little bigger, but the default problem for people without java would be solved.....
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:22:51 PM

Well one easy possibility would be to release a qora zip that includes a portable java runtime (the bat should of course point there). This would make the *.zip a little bigger, but the default problem for people without java would be solved.....

Yes and a webclient would also be nice. I think NXT made a mistake not do build a user friendly client and a webclient from the beginning. So we should learn from the mistakes from NXT and prevent them. Dzharmush, you have the Qora for the bountys right? Should I contact Wesley for a webclient?
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:30:21 PM

Yes and a webclient would also be nice. I think NXT made a mistake not do build a user friendly client and a webclient from the beginning. So we should learn from the mistakes from NXT and prevent them. Dzharmush, you have the Qora for the bountys right? Should I contact Wesley for a webclient?

IMO it's too early. Qora is 1 week old.
alittle

Activity: 418
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:41:46 PM

Ripple haves the desktop client. And what?
Fallen down now.
I know that the reason is in other side, but......
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:44:01 PM

Do you really think his client for NXT is user friendly?

I think its a cluttered mess, possibly not his fault as he had to put what others wanted in the wallet but still.

Qora could be a bit more easy to run without people having to click run bat, but otherwise it seems pretty easy to me and I'm no techie. All that stuff is secondary and cosmetic compared to getting the functions of the wallet sorted. There are plans from Qora for a webwallet later I think...

I think people prefer to have their wallet on their computer honestly, I think psychologically they feel its safer and they have control of it.
alittle

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:11:52 PM

I think its a cluttered mess, possibly not his fault as he had to put what others wanted in the wallet but still.

Qora could be a bit more easy to run without people having to click run bat, but otherwise it seems pretty easy to me and I'm no techie. All that stuff is secondary and cosmetic compared to getting the functions of the wallet sorted. There are plans from Qora for a webwallet later I think...

I think people prefer to have their wallet on their computer honestly, I think psychologically they feel its safer and they have control of it.

In compare with nxt web client - qora wallet is ugly  Wink It is fact. No matter what technologies been used to build it, web or standalone.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:15:52 PM

I think the NXT Wallet is the nicest one I have. It was simple one click installer, and the main page when you log in shows you your balance right at the top, easy to see. It also has a block chain explorer build right in. Very very very nice wallet NXT has.

So, yes, I think it is very user friendly.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:21:51 PM

In compare with nxt web client - qora wallet is ugly  Wink It is fact. No matter what technologies been used to build it, web or standalone.

I think you are mixing up user friendly and attractive. The client is very user friendly and later they will put some effort into the look, thats been Qora plan from he start. We are still in early development. And anyway if you want a great designed wallet then why not use Ripple? A coin is more than how 'pretty' it looks. The bitcoin clients are usually pretty basic but are great to use.
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:28:22 PM

Qora dev wants to finish his work on the desltop client first. Then he will start working on a mobile and web clients. We'll probably need someone to work on so there will be bounties.

Of course anybody can make his own client but there will be only 1 'official' version. We want to avoid what happenned to Nxt when there are lots of different clients. It's confusing.

alittle

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:30:03 PM

I think you are mixing up user friendly and attractive. The client is very user friendly and later they will put some effort into the look, thats been Qora plan from he start. We are still in early development. And anyway if you want a great designed wallet then why not use Ripple? A coin is more than how 'pretty' it looks. The bitcoin clients are usually pretty basic but are great to use.

Hmmm... still at early development. What are you doing at exchange, than? With blockchain stack every 10 minutes, witn 'alphabetical babilon' in naming services, with ugly design. Why are you cost 50st?
alittle

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:36:32 PM

We want to avoid what happenned to Nxt when there are lots of different clients. It's confusing.

Why? I can't mind it. Why? What's wrong with alternative clients
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:37:12 PM

Hmmm... still at early development. What are you doing at exchange, than? With blockchain stack every 10 minutes, witn 'alphabetical babilon' in naming services, with ugly design. Why are you cost 50st?

What Bitcoin is doing on exchanges with 'ugly' design? Most people have no problems with the client. Mine works just fine, from 1st version till the last one.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:42:05 PM

Why? I can't mind it. Why? What's wrong with alternative clients
It's confusing. Even Bitcoin doesn't have as many clients as Nxt.

alittle

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:42:58 PM

What Bitcoin is doing on exchanges with 'ugly' design? Most people have no problems with the client. Mine works just fine, from 1st version till the last one.

It is easy - it is bitcoin, but who is Qora?
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:46:53 PM

It is easy - it is bitcoin, but who is Qora?

Qora is a second generation cryptocurrency built from scratch. It has new POS algorythm, user friendly wallet, fast confirmations and many other advantages. You can see what happenned within a week after the release. It'll be at least in top ten few months later. Probably in top 5.

Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: