Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:46:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748196 times)
Mrrr

Activity: 617
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:50:56 PM

I smell fear, uncertainty and doubt.

Strangly nobody specifically spread it. Are we nervous?

I smell Secondleo spreading fud by reporting fud to have been smelled by Secondleo.

I personally think that screenshot proves skills in Diablo II rather than skills in hacking Qora.

And some lucky bastard got his 55 satoshi buy order filled.

Nothing to see here, please move along.

burp...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:55:27 PM

i don't need him specifically to tell me where to find the literature. it would be super great if anyone would. surely you guys learned about this new pos algo before you invested Huh you must have learned about it from somewhere.

Friendly advice...  you can't pull off playing stupid when everyone already knows you're NOT!   Wink

rofl. my wife gets so mad at me all the time for playing dumb. Cheesy

seriously though i really am surprised how many people invested without the dev releasing any info on the pos algo (which i legitimately didn't know he hadn't until just now)

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Secondleo

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 11:05:55 PM

I smell fear, uncertainty and doubt.

Strangly nobody specifically spread it. Are we nervous?

I smell Secondleo spreading fud by reporting fud to have been smelled by Secondleo.

I personally think that screenshot proves skills in Diablo II rather than skills in hacking Qora.

And some lucky bastard got his 55 satoshi buy order filled.

Nothing to see here, please move along.

The misunderstanding with the multisend (see, no fud Tongue) caused some people to rather cash out "while it lasts".

But knowing something about the POS algo would be interesting indeed. The advertisement sounds a bit like the transparent forging NXT is talking about. But they havn't implemented that yet as far as I know.

seriously though i really am surprised how many people invested without the dev releasing any info on the pos algo (which i legitimately didn't know he hadn't until just now)

Personally...  I have the same attitude towards this as I do for TF...  we shall see...   Roll Eyes

I think these are different breeds of horses. The NXT algo has been reviewed. Transparent forging is not in, but the POS algo can be checked.

Having someone from the outside check the code might be interesting. Finding a trustworthy person to do that isn't a trivial task though.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 11:14:10 PM

where can i find literature on the proof of stake algo and the transaction boosting?
I think its best if you PM qora.
He checks his PM more than he checks this thread.

i don't need him specifically to tell me where to find the literature. it would be super great if anyone would. surely you guys learned about this new pos algo before you invested Huh you must have learned about it from somewhere.

The dev didn't yet reveal details of this new algorithm

That is the 6 million dollar question. Roll Eyes

You trust and support this dev and his junk because ?

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 11:15:24 PM

where can i find literature on the proof of stake algo and the transaction boosting?
I think its best if you PM qora.
He checks his PM more than he checks this thread.

The dev didn't yet reveal details of this new algorithm

That is the 6 million dollar question. Roll Eyes

You trust and support this dev and his junk because ?

You're still crying like a little bitch? Smiley

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 11:21:53 PM

I contacted coindesk at news@coindesk.com
Please do so as well in order for us to gather more attention

We're need someone with skills to write some kind of press release or something like that. Otherwise it'll pretty hard for every news website dig into it. We should be able to give them short description.

Secondleo

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 11:22:48 PM

So, anyone got an idea as to how the POS algo can be checked. Or the whole code.

Blindly trusting the dev is really an issue.

I am not saying that anything is wrong. What I am saying though is, that the current state of Qora leaves a lot of serious attack vectors open.

I am aware that showing the source will lead to a clonefest. But maybe there is another way to have the code checked without it excaping into the wild.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 11:32:31 PM

So, anyone got an idea as to how the POS algo can be checked. Or the whole code.

I am not saying that anything is wrong. What I am saying though is, that the current state of Qora leaves a lot of serious attack vectors open.

I am aware that showing the source will lead to a clonefest. But maybe there is another way to have the code checked without it excaping into the wild.

See no reasons for it at this point.

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 11:37:26 PM

qora has my FULL TRUST...  I leave the decision to him...  if he has decided that the code be obfuscated for now...  SO BE IT!!!   Cool

By the way... you need to make a decision for YOURSELF and stick to it Secondleo... beating around the bush doesn't help much... just saying...  Roll Eyes

Let ye who has not double spent cast the first troll ! EDIT.. THATS ME ! Grin

You are all a fucking joke.

NO ONE is buying into this sockpuppet spam bot bull's shit.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 11:45:39 PM

Hippie Tech, gtfo of here with your crap. It's development thread. You want keep posting crap, here you go — https:// all internet is open for you.

Thekitten

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 11:49:26 PM

NXT people are not educated yet? First attack NAS, and now again attacked QORA.
I would like to ask the whole community, the whole whole earth is only NXT it?

Energycoin - . eJGoeQ6yxdSbkgS8ip3PpmUzqwuxvsevU9
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 11:52:59 PM

A little update on our reward program. We've got 33 new nodes since the launch! Less than in two days.

How to start receiving 3000 QORA every week for running a node:

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 11:57:20 PM

Almost 150 people added Qora signature. Add it too and receive 1000 QORA a week.

Secondleo

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:11:16 AM

qora has my FULL TRUST...  I leave the decision to him...  if he has decided that the code be obfuscated for now...  SO BE IT!!!   Cool

By the way... you need to make a decision for YOURSELF and stick to it Secondleo... beating around the bush doesn't help much... just saying...  Roll Eyes

If everyone is going to make decisions for themselves, nothing will happen. I'm discussing and giving ideas.
Sitting here, hoping the everything will work out fine is a very dependent way of thinking. My daughter does that, she is ten.
The dev already stated in the past, that the release of the code will be community based. What is desired will be done.
So, I am giving Ideas and Vektors to further the cause of the coin. And as blind believe is not my modus operandi, I try to offer some food of thought for this "community". It should grow. And an unreviewed, closed source project that could contain anything (not saying that it does), is not the best foundation for a long lasting and prosperous coin.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:18:47 AM

By the way... you need to make a decision for YOURSELF and stick to it Secondleo... beating around the bush doesn't help much... just saying...  Roll Eyes

If everyone is going to make decisions for themselves, nothing will happen. I'm discussing and giving ideas.
Sitting here, hoping the everything will work out fine is a very dependent way of thinking. My daughter does that, she is ten.
The dev already stated in the past, that the release of the code will be community based. What is desired will be done.
So, I am giving Ideas and Vektors to further the cause of the coin. And as blind believe is not my modus operandi, I try to offer some food of thought for this "community". It should grow. And an unreviewed, closed source project that could contain anything (not saying that it does), is not the best foundation for a long lasting and prosperous coin.

Qora has been launched 11 days ago  Smiley You're talking like there's a couple of months past. The dev isn't doing any marketing, not asking anyone to buy into Qora. He just launched it and implementing new features. If the client was completed, assets/colored coins, anonymity and other features implemented and the source is published the price would be 700-1000 satoshi, not 70-100.

notsoshifty

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:33:59 AM

This is a valid and important question. Something can walk like a duck, and quack like a duck, and yet not be a duck. We all know that Qora can do the basics - send/receive funds, register/buy/sell an alias, etc - but as a community we have zero proof that it is a crypto currency in the normal sense. It's likely that some people have examined the obfuscated code, either to find attack vectors or to satisfy themselves that it is a sound investment, but if so the results aren't being shared.

It's fine to have faith in the dev to a certain point, and those who were involved in the IPO (myself included) have struck lucky in the sense that he appears to have delivered the goods. But outside investors putting in their hard earned money will be put off by this "black box" coin, as will the enterprising individuals who will need to build the surrounding services that are required if Qora is to be a success. If I had no Qora, I wouldn't buy 50 million at today's prices with today's information (although I would buy a lesser amount).

I also understand the concerns about open sourcing the code leading to it being cloned. Nxt (whose code was never obfuscated) managed a staged release of the code, an approach which worked well. Can we do the same?

I would ask the dev to release a white paper describing the Qora design, in particular the PoS algorithm, the crypto aspects, and P2P aspects, and any other aspects that are innovative or unique to Qora. Can be brief, nothing fancy. Can be written and edited by a trusted forum member after a short Q&A session with the dev, if he's short on time and busy with coding. This won't help those building clones in any way (it's only the design, not the implementation), but it would go some way towards getting Qora accepted in the wider community.

akula999

Activity: 509
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:40:21 AM

why is my wallet locked and I dont have a password?

Bitcoin: 1FzZehkiwfeeUmfmBrym8VvXX7gUj3miHe
XMR: 4AqrzGPfEKeZrVXyPDNXUrNeKZZGNYiXMDoY49PvdffKNTRg6xp2Qz74SZ72gT5F9HH8Vaic99ndRg6 UBGcVijaNStQjwwf
Mrrr

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:43:03 AM

This is a valid and important question. Something can walk like a duck, and quack like a duck, and yet not be a duck. We all know that Qora can do the basics - send/receive funds, register/buy/sell an alias, etc - but as a community we have zero proof that it is a crypto currency in the normal sense. It's likely that some people have examined the obfuscated code, either to find attack vectors or to satisfy themselves that it is a sound investment, but if so the results aren't being shared.

It's fine to have faith in the dev to a certain point, and those who were involved in the IPO (myself included) have struck lucky in the sense that he appears to have delivered the goods. But outside investors putting in their hard earned money will be put off by this "black box" coin, as will the enterprising individuals who will need to build the surrounding services that are required if Qora is to be a success. If I had no Qora, I wouldn't buy 50 million at today's prices with today's information (although I would buy a lesser amount).

I also understand the concerns about open sourcing the code leading to it being cloned. Nxt (whose code was never obfuscated) managed a staged release of the code, an approach which worked well. Can we do the same?

I would ask the dev to release a white paper describing the Qora design, in particular the PoS algorithm, the crypto aspects, and P2P aspects, and any other aspects that are innovative or unique to Qora. Can be brief, nothing fancy. Can be written and edited by a trusted forum member after a short Q&A session with the dev, if he's short on time and busy with coding. This won't help those building clones in any way (it's only the design, not the implementation), but it would go some way towards getting Qora accepted in the wider community.

The POS is a black box. We'll all sit and look at it for some weeks and see that it won't be frozen on Poloniex like any other (semi) POS coin. Qora must be doing something right.

burp...
Mrrr

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:43:56 AM

why is my wallet locked and I dont have a password?

You were prompted to enter a seed and a password upon installing the client?

burp...
notsoshifty

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:55:11 AM

The POS is a black box. We'll all sit and look at it for some weeks and see that it won't be frozen on Poloniex like any other (semi) POS coin. Qora must be doing something right.

Sorry, I don't understand your point Sad

All other crypto currencies that I know of are open source. Anyone can inspect the source, understand for themselves how it works, and check for no nasties (like a hidden premine, or code that lets dev get away with printing money). Most people won't need to, as it will already have been inspected by people who know more about how the code should work; but still, the option is there.

We can't yet do that with Qora. We don't even know how it works - the design - never mind get to see the actual implementation in a readable/understandable form.

Sitting and looking is one option. But maybe we'll sit and look at it for some weeks, and wake up one day to find it is frozen on Poloniex, and our funds are worthless. At least one critical flaw was found in Nxt, fortunately by a good guy who didn't abuse it. People want to know their funds are backed up by code that is solid and watertight, and we need to start the process of proving that's the case.

EDIT: I have no reason to believe there are any technical problems with Qora design/code. I just want to base decisions on facts rather than faith.
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: