Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:53:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748196 times)
Bbeenn

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:58:15 AM

Where is giveway..

QazCjju4YVRSq8NX1QNWC8C311HyEYbA6G.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:11:46 AM

Where is giveway..

Not here for sure

eli_lyd1

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:25:42 AM

Where is giveway..

Plea don't post address here.
The mod will ban the thread.
gilbertzk3r

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:46:48 AM

Where is giveway..

You are Member,not a Newbie,please dont paste your address here,its a basic rule.

gorillajam

Activity: 98

win

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:12:23 AM

I am sure that soon qora will appear on bter.com

Thanks for your comment, but we need people to build and promote this coin. So get to work, we are going to make it happen together.

When someone asks "what are the benefits of Qora over NXT" what do you reply?

To be Honest, I don't know. Tell me, because I want to actively help and build Qora. Thank you.

Security. Qora uses a secure seed to regenerate a Wallet + a private key to make sure the wallet is save for everyday use.
Besides that, not much at the moment. Theoretically Qora has varying block speeds to match the current amount transactions being processed. As there are not that much transactions in the net, this feature is dorment at the moment. I think it will lead to Qora being more efficient than NXT in the end. Can't tell for sure at the moment though.

Doesn't Qora also have a smaller transaction fee than NXT?

And much better client. Launching Nxt client takes forever, plus it's web based. Also everybody can access your Nxt account unlike Qora client, so Qora is more secure. Plus fully functioning Naming Service.

We are talking about a completely new POS algorithm here! And totally new code!

Plus the wallet is absolutely awesome. Simple, fast and user friendly

Is there any explanation of what the actually means? This coin looks very interesting and I am onboard, but you have to admit, the OP has a lot of sound bites with very little substance.

You could look at it like that or you could look at it that he's focused on the real development of the coin and not marketing. In fact he has said he doesn't plan to market Qora until the client is finished. In theory if left to his timing, Qora wouldn't be on an exchange and there would be zero marketing. But like he has said he can't stop people doing these things even if he wanted to.

I get that. But, then why officially release it before the wallet is ready then? What's the hurry?

I admit Crypto is a funny world. What other company releases products half made, imagine a car rolling out without seats and half the engine., but that is not rare in Crypto, half of the major coins are a work in progress, so its not a fair criticism.

The wallet was released in beta form for quite a while and Qora wanted people to play tough with it to find bugs. I'm guessing most people didn't, the dev did his best. Coins are a community project, maybe we should look at release of coins as more like a Kickstarter project than a fully developed product. We are all part of the development in the end, which is actually a pretty great thing.

Wait for Etherum if you want a corporate product, with corporate prices and the community is told how things are gonna develop rather than being asked how they want things to go.

gorillajam

win

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:24:59 AM

So, anyone got an idea as to how the POS algo can be checked. Or the whole code.

Blindly trusting the dev is really an issue.

I am not saying that anything is wrong. What I am saying though is, that the current state of Qora leaves a lot of serious attack vectors open.

I am aware that showing the source will lead to a clonefest. But maybe there is another way to have the code checked without it excaping into the wild.

This is a valid and important question. Something can walk like a duck, and quack like a duck, and yet not be a duck. We all know that Qora can do the basics - send/receive funds, register/buy/sell an alias, etc - but as a community we have zero proof that it is a crypto currency in the normal sense. It's likely that some people have examined the obfuscated code, either to find attack vectors or to satisfy themselves that it is a sound investment, but if so the results aren't being shared.

It's fine to have faith in the dev to a certain point, and those who were involved in the IPO (myself included) have struck lucky in the sense that he appears to have delivered the goods. But outside investors putting in their hard earned money will be put off by this "black box" coin, as will the enterprising individuals who will need to build the surrounding services that are required if Qora is to be a success. If I had no Qora, I wouldn't buy 50 million at today's prices with today's information (although I would buy a lesser amount).

I also understand the concerns about open sourcing the code leading to it being cloned. Nxt (whose code was never obfuscated) managed a staged release of the code, an approach which worked well. Can we do the same?

I would ask the dev to release a white paper describing the Qora design, in particular the PoS algorithm, the crypto aspects, and P2P aspects, and any other aspects that are innovative or unique to Qora. Can be brief, nothing fancy. Can be written and edited by a trusted forum member after a short Q&A session with the dev, if he's short on time and busy with coding. This won't help those building clones in any way (it's only the design, not the implementation), but it would go some way towards getting Qora accepted in the wider community.

We are in a time when 'developers' are really salesman flogging their money making clone I actually find it very refreshing that the developer really doesn't seem to care what people think, especially in terms of the price.

He/She! has already said they wont release a white paper but prefers to have all the important info on the website (which is in development)

So the real question is do people want a developer who is brilliant and focused like a laser on developing the product or a developer who wants their clone to go to the moon? The worst thing the developer could do is listen to those who care mainly about the price. ie those who know the price of everything but the value of nothing.

I've seen enough to 100% trust this developer. Which I can't say for 90% of other coins.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:59:49 AM

So, anyone got an idea as to how the POS algo can be checked. Or the whole code.

I am not saying that anything is wrong. What I am saying though is, that the current state of Qora leaves a lot of serious attack vectors open.

I am aware that showing the source will lead to a clonefest. But maybe there is another way to have the code checked without it excaping into the wild.

This is a valid and important question. Something can walk like a duck, and quack like a duck, and yet not be a duck. We all know that Qora can do the basics - send/receive funds, register/buy/sell an alias, etc - but as a community we have zero proof that it is a crypto currency in the normal sense. It's likely that some people have examined the obfuscated code, either to find attack vectors or to satisfy themselves that it is a sound investment, but if so the results aren't being shared.

It's fine to have faith in the dev to a certain point, and those who were involved in the IPO (myself included) have struck lucky in the sense that he appears to have delivered the goods. But outside investors putting in their hard earned money will be put off by this "black box" coin, as will the enterprising individuals who will need to build the surrounding services that are required if Qora is to be a success. If I had no Qora, I wouldn't buy 50 million at today's prices with today's information (although I would buy a lesser amount).

I also understand the concerns about open sourcing the code leading to it being cloned. Nxt (whose code was never obfuscated) managed a staged release of the code, an approach which worked well. Can we do the same?

I would ask the dev to release a white paper describing the Qora design, in particular the PoS algorithm, the crypto aspects, and P2P aspects, and any other aspects that are innovative or unique to Qora. Can be brief, nothing fancy. Can be written and edited by a trusted forum member after a short Q&A session with the dev, if he's short on time and busy with coding. This won't help those building clones in any way (it's only the design, not the implementation), but it would go some way towards getting Qora accepted in the wider community.

We are in a time when 'developers' are really salesman flogging their money making clone I actually find it very refreshing that the developer really doesn't seem to care what people think, especially in terms of the price.

He/She! has already said they wont release a white paper but prefers to have all the important info on the website (which is in development)

So the real question is do people want a developer who is brilliant and focused like a laser on developing the product or a developer who wants their clone to go to the moon? The worst thing the developer could do is listen to those who care mainly about the price. ie those who know the price of everything but the value of nothing.

I've seen enough to 100% trust this developer. Which I can't say for 90% of other coins.

Agree with that. The dev is great. He only cares about the coin and it means a lot. Qora/BCNext doesn't give a damn about whitepaper and other meaningless stuff. NXTers had to work on the whitepaper themselves. Not sure if it's done yet.

gorillajam

win

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:08:39 AM

Agree with that. The dev is great. He only cares about the coin and it means a lot. Qora/BCNext doesn't give a damn about whitepaper and other meaningless stuff. NXTers had to work on the whitepaper themselves. Not sure if it's done yet.

The similarity to NXT developers behaviour is starting to give an overwhelming case for who he really is. Smiley

Plus if people are wise then they will know if the focus is on the coin not the price then in the end the price will sort itself out. This is actually a terrible coin to pump and dump. People should move along to some other shitcoin for that.

Breasal

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:56:21 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 08:15:08 AM by Breasal

But maybe there is another way to have the code checked without it excaping into the wild.

This has been an ongoing discussion and should be considered seriously by qora and the dev committee.

Releasing the source code too soon will not only harm a coin's growth prospects but also promote copycat projects. Take NXT for instance, releasing the full source code certainly did not lead to wider adoption, and certainly did not help the price at all.

There are many benefits to "proving" that the code has the potential we say it does and is "solid" and can be done without releasing the entire code.

Again:

...in particular the PoS algorithm, the crypto aspects, and P2P aspects, and any other aspects that are innovative or unique to Qora. ... Can be written and edited by a trusted forum member after a short Q&A session with the dev... it would go some way towards getting Qora accepted in the wider community.

All we ask is that qora expand on what he/she has already stated:

- The proof of stake algorithm uses a combination of randomness, your generating balance and the time since the last block to determine if a new block is valid. Currently there is no protection against 51% attacks. I will create a detailed explanation of how the system works.

Reminder:

Guaranteed Features
1)   Ed25519 DSA to verify and sign messages.
2)   1-5 minute block time depending on the network activity.
3)   Retargeting every 10 blocks.
4)   Password protected wallets that can be recovered/generated from seeds.
5)   New Proof-of-Stake algorithm.
6)   A JSON RPC API to directly communicate with the client.
7)   Naming Service: Allows the user to register a key-value pair which can be used for various purposes (URLS, addresses, …)
This Naming Service will also include an exchange where users can buy and sell keys.
8 )   Colored Coins/Assets.
9)   Arbitrary Transactions: A simple feature which allows users to send any payload they want over the network. This can be used by third-parties to build additional features on top of Qora (data storage, chat).
10)   Transaction Boosting: Higher transaction processing speed by not having to broadcast the transactions to the whole network.
When will all this features be completed?
before launch day?

Everything except the last 3 will be available at launch.
8 and 9 should take about a month to complete after launch depending on how things work out.

And:

The plan for this currency is simple.
step 1: Catch up with other cryptocurrencies.
step 2: Surpass the other cryptocurrencies.
step 3: Staying ahead and marketing.
I will not focus on marketing until all the features are implemented.

Finally:

Currently, I agree 90%. I will agree 100% if we can make public more details - it will be worth qora's (and all investor's) time imho to get this info out.
peled1986
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:12:16 AM

Guys just let qora do his magic.
He will release everything in time.
You don't like taking "risk" come back in a few weeks and you will have much more information.  
(Tip: good indicator for you to come check this thread for new information is if you see qora price going to the moon  Grin)
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:21:38 AM

Yep. There are obviously things that going to happen and that are not. We can discuss it over and over again but I'd say let's better focus on things that depend on us.

All other 2nd gen coin projects look miserable compared to Qora. All of them started several months ago and they didn't do any better since then: eMunie, Ethereum, NEM, NXT Lite, eXo. They've got whitepapers, teams, money, everything. But they don't have the only important thing - the product.

Qora alone is working as a hell of a team, let's do our best for the project. Stop complaining, start doing.

stslimited

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:34:22 AM

okay ambitious, now what does Qora actually do? PM me
Secondleo

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:34:44 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 09:33:43 AM by Secondleo

Some extensive Q&A might be a good point to start at. Though, going about and gathering questions for a while is something needed to be done first. There's no sense in bombarding Qora with a stream of senseless and repetitive questions.
What would also be an interesting vector to approach the whole situation, is taking the cryptpgraphic part of the code only and release it. The part of the code that makes sure the data stored is actually secure.

The POS might be new but I see it as the minor problem as long as it doesn't offer any advantages for specific groups of users.

Also, from a lot of the replies here I start to understand why it is so incredible easy to make money in the crypto world.

Edit:
What a lot of people here obviously don't realize is, that Qora (as well as NXT) are startups. These are not currencies. They are very similar to ripple. And that "coin" has hell of a code. A real masterpiece. But they made some terrible mistakes on the way. Obviously crypto world does not accept premine. Not the tiniest bit. (As long as it is not served in a nice wrapper)

Currently a lot of people here at the Qora crowd seem to rely mostly on the "greater dumb" theory. If I come from the outside, why should I buy this coin? I don't hear any reasons but apple logic. Only this is not apple.

If I'm interested in investing and don't want to just blindly throw money at something, where can questions like

Is there a plan? Is this even legit? Where can I get all the info I need?

be answered?
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:36:54 AM

okay ambitious, now what does Qora actually do? PM me

pm you? to explain what qora does? really?

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:38:23 AM

Also, from a lot of the replies here I start to understand why it is so incredible easy to make money in the crypto world.

Oh yeah?  Smiley Give it shot, would you.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:41:04 AM

But they made some terrible mistakes on the way. Obviously crypto world does not accept premine. Not the tiniest bit. (As long as it is not served in a nice wrapper)

Are you from the Moon? Have you ever heard about POS? Crypto world what? Just look at http://coinmarketcap.com and read some news. POW is going to die. POS is the future.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:46:48 AM

You're right...   we should all just bring our 10-year old daughters into the discussion instead!?!?!   Shocked

Cheesy

wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:06:20 AM

Yep. There are obviously things that going to happen and that are not. We can discuss it over and over again but I'd say let's better focus on things that depend on us.

All other 2nd gen coin projects look miserable compared to Qora. All of them started several months ago and they didn't do any better since then: eMunie, Ethereum, NEM, NXT Lite, eXo. They've got whitepapers, teams, money, everything. But they don't have the only important thing - the product.

Qora alone is working as a hell of a team, let's do our best for the project. Stop complaining, start doing.

+1000

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:11:44 AM

Some extensive Q&A might be a good point to start at. Though, going about and gathering questions for a while is something needed to be done first. There's no sense in bombarding Qora with a stream of senseless and repetitive questions.
What would also be an interesting vector to approach the whole situation, is taking the cryptpgraphic part of the code only and release it. The part of the code that makes sure the data stored is actually secure.

The POS might be new but I see it as the minor problem as long as it doesn't offer any advantages for specific groups of users.

Edit:
What a lot of people here obviously don't realize is, that Qora (as well as NXT) are startups. These are not currencies. They are very similar to ripple. And that "coin" has hell of a code. A real masterpiece. But they made some terrible mistakes on the way. Obviously crypto world does not accept premine. Not the tiniest bit. (As long as it is not served in a nice wrapper)

Currently a lot of people here at the Qora crowd seem to rely mostly on the "greater dumb" theory. If I come from the outside, why should I buy this coin? I don't hear any reasons but apple logic. Only this is not apple.

Is there a plan? Is this even legit? Where can I get all the info I need?

You seem to be under the illusion the future of Qora depends on you personally 'understanding' it.

How can I break this to you...
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:19:51 AM

Is there a plan? Where can I get all the info I need?

You're so funny  Cheesy

Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: