Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:36:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748200 times)
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:53:52 AM

Read burrowed statement:
I'm comparing Qoras lifecycle with that of NXT, as it is the only real example we have. Doing so I say the price is currently set too high.
We will most likely see a drop back to around 50, as NXT did after hitting the exchanges. (Exchange means easier way for people to sell and there are a lot of Qora out there, somebody will always sell)

"As NXT did after hitting the exchanges" Smiley
That's very funny. As a long term NXTer I remember all ups and downs. Please stop the FUD.

You should get your definitions straight. There is no FUD here, just a valid discussion.
And as for the NXT price. I guess you should have been there earlier.

Dgex prices startet at around 300, went up to 1500 and then back down to around 500.
Considering Qora hast ten times the coins of NXT, the numbers 30, 150 and 50 seems slightly familiar....

Edit:
excuse me, there was one little mistake. Exchange, it must have been singular instead of plural. Dgex was the first exchange of NXT and for a long time the only one.

When Nxt got to Dgex its price exploded.
When Nxt got to Bter its price exploded again.

There were dumps and bumps but it has nothing to do with any particular exchanges. It's just how it is. There's no currency with stable price.

As for Qora, it has just been launched and its bottom price was 35-50 satoshi. Right from the start. A week later when it hit the first exchange it's already 70-100 satoshi. There's no way back. It is the minimum price. When Qora get to Bter there probably will be a bump up to 500 satoshi or even higher. Then the price might got lower. But not now when it is on its minimum.

jibble

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:57:51 AM

Read burrowed statement:
I'm comparing Qoras lifecycle with that of NXT, as it is the only real example we have. Doing so I say the price is currently set too high.
We will most likely see a drop back to around 50, as NXT did after hitting the exchanges. (Exchange means easier way for people to sell and there are a lot of Qora out there, somebody will always sell)

That's very funny. As a long term NXTer I remember all ups and downs. Please stop the FUD.

You should get your definitions straight. There is no FUD here, just a valid discussion.

Dgex prices startet at around 300, went up to 1500 and then back down to around 500.
Considering Qora hast ten times the coins of NXT, the numbers 30, 150 and 50 seems slightly familiar....

Edit:
excuse me, there was one little mistake. Exchange, it must have been singular instead of plural. Dgex was the first exchange of NXT and for a long time the only one.

more like started at 100 for about 2 days then climbed upto 1500 in the first week. then 1 week later dropped to 300 in the next week rose to about 1000

then shot up to 11000 the following week
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:07:40 PM

Read burrowed statement:

Edit:

more like started at 100 for about 2 days then climbed upto 1500 in the first week. then 1 week later dropped to 300 in the next week rose to about 1000

then shot up to 11000 the following week

Exactly

notsoshifty

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:10:02 PM

Though Nxt had unobfuscated code and Come-from-Beyond was encouraging people to decompile and review it, even when it was 'closed source'. Those that did review it reported back it was something new so provided some basis for a punt.

We don't know anything about this at the moment, right?

Well atleast this guy looked into it and did not find any similarities to nxt or emunie.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522102.msg6153672;topicseen#msg6153672

That was the beta a while ago, but after looking at the v5 obfuscated code, CLI API, P2P messages, and general usage it all still applies.

But not being able to properly review the source code means that we have no real information about some key aspects of the Qora design. How specifically does the PoS system work? How does it prevent double spends? How resilient is it to various forms of attack? It's easy to write a fake crypto currency that appears fine on the surface but doesn't tick all those boxes, and until we can somehow examine the code we are buying/selling based on unearned trust. The price should reflect that risk, until we have concrete information on the design, and enough eyes have properly looked over the code.

At the moment, I find Qora to be unstable (P2P side) and buggy (at least the UI), and I personally don't like the UI. All of that is to be expected of a freshly designed/launched coin at this stage, and with the right developer & community support all can be fixed, so I'm not overly worried. I'm more worried that the focus of this thread is currently on the price, and that the asking price is (slightly) too high to get a sufficiently interested & active community.

Nxt was pretty unstable in its early days too, and with the development that CfB/JL have done on it since it's a totally different beast. I now think the Nxt design & implementation are excellent. I don't want to start distribution discussions again, but my hope is that a Nxt clone/spinoff will get the initial distribution right and be a serious contender. NHZ is 90%+ owned by developers so not yet decentralised; NAS botched the initial distributed; NFDv2 has a lot of potential, despite its murky beginnings.

Qora is trying to fill a niche that Nxt already fills, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. If everyone thought the same about Bitcoin, we wouldn't have all the innovation that Bitcoin-based altcoins have brought (don't laugh, there's lots). The Qora codebase could be the perfect platform for valuable innovation in the future, even if it currently has little extra functionality over Nxt. Someone could find a previously-unknown fatal flaw in Nxt that renders if useless, and independently developed alternatives are required. The Nxt core development team could go off on some wild tangent, or let it stagnate, etc (even if they're doing the right thing now).
KyLins

Activity: 438

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 12:10:43 PM

I have a domain name: www.qoraforum.com
Can be used to make QORA forum.
Best wishes.

WavesBank:www.wavesbank.com

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Secondleo

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:12:29 PM

Read burrowed statement:

Edit:

There were dumps and bumps but it has nothing to do with any particular exchanges. It's just how it is. There's no currency with stable price.

As for Qora, it has just been launched and its bottom price was 35-50 satoshi. Right from the start. A week later when it hit the first exchange it's already 70-100 satoshi. There's no way back. It is the minimum price. When Qora get to Bter there probably will be a bump up to 500 satoshi or even higher. Then the price might got lower. But not now when it is on its minimum.

According to experience 100 satoshi is not the minimum.
There was a considerable sell of 50 sat on sharexcoin. So, the minimum is obviously lower.
You shouldn't go the way of the cheerleader. That is something for coins like communitycoin or the other freely distributed clones. This is a serious project. Any form of hype damages it's credibility. It is good for my pockets, but I care more about the crypto world and the credible projects within. Pump, Dump and Hype are natural enemies of credibility.

Edit:
And the price rise to 11000 was due to the artifical scarcity. Dgex got attacked and nobody was able to deposit NXT. The original run begang with the implementation of the naming service. A unique feature at that point. Qora still is far away from all these things.
If you want to bring this up, also mention the drop down to 3300 in the next week where a lot of people lost a lot of money.
helloge
Legendary

Activity: 1057

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:14:57 PM

There are too many sockpupt accounts
 in BTT.

One countermeasure would be to send only low amounts to people with less posts and a bigger portion to people with more posts.
the way in the " activity " is better to avoid  sockpupt.

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄    ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
   ███████████▄▄     ███████████ 
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
     ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀█████████████▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄ ▀▀████████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
...The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..Bringing scalability and usability to....
..dApps for mass market adoption......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..TOKEN EVENT      .GET ON WHITELIST.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Twitter   ⦁   Telegram   ⦁   Blog   ⦁   Bitcointalk----
Kenta

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:32:11 PM

Hype/P&D from this what you will  Cheesy Grin Grin Grin

AWESOME!   Grin

@dzarmush

Is there any way to be excluded from the giveaway but still use the signature you gave us?   Undecided

You could replace the address with a dummy or take it away completely?

Trade your cryptocoins at: ◣ bleutrade.com ◢◣ C-Cex.com ◢
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:46:06 PM

I'm more worried that the focus of this thread is currently on the price.

I agree with everything you said, just wanted to comment on this one. We don't usually talk about price but when someone like Secondleo shows up and trying to convince everybody that Qora is overpriced of course we stand up for it. Especially if they just post lots of bullshit.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:47:44 PM

Hype/P&D from this what you will  Cheesy Grin Grin Grin

AWESOME!   Grin

@dzarmush

Is there any way to be excluded from the giveaway but still use the signature you gave us?   Undecided

You could replace the address with a dummy or take it away completely?

I'll make a giveaway post with instructions tomorrow and post a link here.

helloge
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:48:34 PM

I agree with everything you said, just wanted to comment on this one. We don't usually talk about price but when someone like Secondleo shows up and trying to convince everybody that Qora is overpriced of course we stand up for it. Especially if they just post lots of bullshit.
can't agree with u anymore,
qora deserves higher price here.

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
         ▀▀████████████           
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:49:31 PM

There are too many sockpupt accounts
 in BTT.

One countermeasure would be to send only low amounts to people with less posts and a bigger portion to people with more posts.
the way in the " activity " is better to avoid  sockpupt.

Yes. We will set limits by Activity level.

PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:01:53 PM

Is it worth writing into coindesk and asking them to cover qora? Might be too soon though, better wait till we have a more stable coin.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:05:08 PM

Is it worth writing into coindesk and asking them to cover qora? Might be too soon though, better wait till we have a more stable coin.

I think it's never too early. Let's write them now and a week later and again two weeks later.

jibble

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:17:50 PM

Read burrowed statement:

Edit:

According to experience 100 satoshi is not the minimum.
There was a considerable sell of 50 sat on sharexcoin. So, the minimum is obviously lower.
You shouldn't go the way of the cheerleader. That is something for coins like communitycoin or the other freely distributed clones. This is a serious project. Any form of hype damages it's credibility. It is good for my pockets, but I care more about the crypto world and the credible projects within. Pump, Dump and Hype are natural enemies of credibility.

Edit:
And the price rise to 11000 was due to the artifical scarcity. Dgex got attacked and nobody was able to deposit NXT. The original run begang with the implementation of the naming service. A unique feature at that point. Qora still is far away from all these things.
If you want to bring this up, also mention the drop down to 3300 in the next week where a lot of people lost a lot of money.

See i correct your numbers that are full of shit, to show you that your logic if used with the numbers i gave which were correct paints a completely different picture to what you are trying to show.

And if you want to carry on producing bullshit numbers and times then so be it, but it was actually 3 weeks later that it dropped to around the 3000 mark and less than 4 days later it was back upto 10k satoshi mark
Secondleo

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:17:56 PM

I'm giving an informed opinion.
Every data I provided is correct and can be verified.

Your behaviour resembles those I saw from cheerleaders surrounding the free giveaway coins.
I own Qora. Higher prices are good for me.

Cancelling a valid opinion as bullshit does not speak high of you as a person and hurts the coin in general.

To jibble:
I used the numbers from the DGEX market graph. How could they not be correct?
And the sale down to 50 sat was after it went up to 200.

If you want to check the numbers, here
https://dgex.com/trading.cgi
Everything recorded and open to observe.
helloge
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:22:21 PM

go head and the community will support.

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
         ▀▀████████████           
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:24:47 PM

Your behaviour resembles those I saw from cheerleaders surrounding the free giveaway coins.

Cancelling a valid opinion as bullshit does not speak high of you as a person and hurts the coin in general.

To jibble:

I pointed out all your mistakes, what are you talking about? Nxt price never dropped after it went to new exchanges. And of course its price wasn't ever as low as a week after the launch. That's where we are - 1 week after the launch, 1 day after adding to first exchange. The price will never be as low as now.

How your point is valid in any way? It's just a bunch of crap.

nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:26:10 PM

ask this question before - what is the unique feature of qora making it so special? - I know it is written from scratch

I tested the client and pretty much liked it.
Secondleo

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:30:18 PM

To jibble:

I pointed out all your mistakes, what are you talking about? Nxt price never dropped after it went to new exchanges. And of course its price wasn't ever as low as a week after the launch. That's where we are - 1 week after the launch, 1 day after adding to first exchange. The price will never be as low as now.

How your point is valid in any way? It's just a bunch of crap.

You yourself should do, what you expect from me.
Read carefully, I corrected myself.
I meant exchange, singular, meaning DGEX.
The price rose from a starting 100-300 up to 1200-1500 and then went back to around 300-500 in a period of about 2 weeks.

I know the price rose massive when it went on Bter, it was a good day.

Also, in comparison to NXT the price of QORA was initially a lot higher. (Initially meaning the off exchange time)
During the current phase, as QORA is on its first exchange, the price is in a compareable general area.
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: