Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:14:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748196 times)
acdc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:34:53 AM

I think you're trying to promote your coin with a newb account...honestly.
Kora, gimme a break xD

yeah, you're right, I'm the kora dev ... and the Qora dev .... and BCNext .... and Satoshi .... and ... I was abducted by aliens ....... they PROBED me ...
in 2012 just before the Mayan apocalypse!!!!

Why so much paranoia?

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flankliu

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:37:43 AM

Normally I was going to release a new version today fixing most of the database related errors and corruption issues.

Instead I started working on making synchronization faster so the next version will be released tomorrow.

Thank you qora,hoping a stable version,and start to develop the new features. Wink

ivanlabrie

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:58:12 AM

I think you're trying to promote your coin with a newb account...honestly.
Kora, gimme a break xD

yeah, you're right, I'm the kora dev ... and the Qora dev .... and BCNext .... and Satoshi .... and ... I was abducted by aliens ....... they PROBED me ...
in 2012 just before the Mayan apocalypse!!!!

Why so much paranoia?

Not the dev, but maybe someone invested in it?
I don't really care, but promoting a clone, without their own source code here is low xD
lyynx

Activity: 380
Merit: 275

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:57:24 AM

Weird, transaction completed a transaction over 2 hours ago, unconfirmed balance is showing correctly, but still 2 hours without 1 confirmation, fork?

Breasal

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:19:47 AM

All of this ranting...come on qora community, we are better than this. The more we rant the less we get done. Professional and mature. Let's avoid drama and talking nonsense and focus. Efficient and effective progress forward will only happen when we focus and forget about price, other coins, etc. Let's model qora and get the work done, please!

Edit: Business at hand:

website development - in progress.
twitter- new client possibly today
facebook updates?

We need to start asking how can we catch up to other top currencies...and go after this!

qora mentioned possible features on OP:

Possible Features
Anonymous transactions/Zerocoin One of the biggest problems of Bitcoin is of course that every transaction is traceable.
Currently Zerocoin is the most promising project which is trying to solve that problem in a decentralized way.

How can this come about? This would be huge!

dzarmush, what else?
Tuck Fheman

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 05:24:22 AM

Weird, transaction completed a transaction over 2 hours ago, unconfirmed balance is showing correctly, but still 2 hours without 1 confirmation, fork?

Earlier when I loaded up my wallet I watched on address have it's balance reduced 1 digit at a time until it was all gone. I was skeered for a few minutes, then after about 10 minutes it all came back. Some names I registered also went from confirmed to unconfirmed and back. I have a name from earlier that's still unconfirmed yet those after it are confirmed. My balance "may" be a few hundred off (waiting for block explorer to catch up to double check). Outside of that, everythings working fine.

coinpump

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:33:56 AM

I agree with TheMightyX.
In abstract sense there are similarities between loans and IPOs.

One difference is in level of risk, which is why people use different words "Loan" and "IPO".
Since levels of risk in loans and IPOs vary so much, we cannot say for sure that all IPOs are more risky than all loans, which supports TheMightyX point.

Just like when we have abstract classes in programming to describe something in common between derived classes, "loan mechanics" that TheMightyX was referring to is abstract class, but "Loan" and "IPO" are derived classes. So there is no point to argue about "loan mechanics" being different than IPO or IPO being different than Loan. We can argue only what specifically is in common (belongs to "loan mechanics") or different (belongs to derived classes).

While IPOs don't promise to pay $ in exchange for shares, they do promise to not run away and continue business and several other things, so that shareholders can sell those shares on free market. Those promises have something in common with promissory notes, so we could create method promise in base class.

QORA did not promise to return $ in exchange for investors QORAs, BUT here is what we hope he promised, don't we:
1 ) to not issue more than 10,000,000,000 QORAs
2 ) to be able to send and receive QORAs without consuming too much CPU,RAM,HDD
3 ) to be able to register names with QORAs
4 ) to allow exchanges to send and receive QORAs though relatively easy API
5 ) to not run away from half finished programming
6 ) to keep fixing bugs and making new features quickly (days/weeks vs quarters/years)
7 ) to keep QORA source code safe and hidden from clone masters
8 ) to not run new clones using same or similar code or same ideas by himself as competition with QORA
9 ) to not inject malware into QORA code

In addition to that it would be beneficial if he promised also one of those 2:
10 ) to not hold large amounts of QORAs and suddenly dump them all one day
11 ) if he holds large amounts then to provide price stability by establishing huge constant stable sell wall that is hard to break and would result in best distribution and price stability ever - impossible to pump => hard to dump

These are a lot of promises investors rely on.
In return investors get future opportunity to sell QORA for $.

Note that promissory note #11 can be given by any large holder of QORA especially if he is well known established user of bitcointalk, unlike QORA.

That note #11, if existed, could be very beneficial for currency future and healthy distribution.

So dear QORA whales, instead of thinking about free giveaways, think about giving promissory note #11 with some of your funds, just find the right ceiling and put huge safety wall.

There is nothing worse for inexperienced newbies with limited funds (just like me) than risk of losing it all and again. Flat price ceiling will give some assurance of liquidity and feeling of safety for all my retirement savings Shocked  Smiley
That would be another vector of innovation would not it ?

From that point of view there is no big problem with "unfair" distribution as long as all whales act towards that common and simple to execute goal.
If I was creator of QORA I would keep 40% of all coins in price stability fund and make that pledge to keep price ceiling for as long as it lasts.
If investors won't trust me with that simple price stability promise then why would they trust me with more complicated implementation promises that I may not even be able to accomplish ?

Another benefit of "unfair" distribution is that whales can invest heavily into development.
It's much harder to get million people agree to support developer even if they have escrow mechanism.
I wonder if that is why NXT and BTC are so successful - concentration of capital and wise spending.
Big crowd is never wise spender or voter.

How about QORA ? We've got some concentration of capital here too. Use it to it's advantage.
Give me some through escrow and I will give you promissory note of using it to keep price ceiling.
We could even weekly vote on what price that ceiling should be set to.

Escrow could be released in chunks when existing sell wall is close to ending.
People would see Escrow balance and know that ceiling will still be there.
When Escrow balance comes to 0 - to da moon !!!

Re: "In what Universe does the valuation of a project depend on the method of funding and NOT its characteristics???"
In Crypto-Universe risk greatly depends on method of funding because good quick anonymous distribution is hard to solve problem. It's hard not only in implementation, but also in choosing general direction: equal vs concentrated.

The reason why you want equal distribution is because there is risk that evil central bankers hide behind several whales and destroy currencies by creating price waves that prevent normal use by small people for savings and commerce.
The reason why you want concentrated distribution in good hands (not central bankers) is that these hands will provide price stability and funding of development.

May be QORA and BCNext are still looking for these good hands ... are most QORAs in good hands ?
I've got good hands...  Grin

You guys really expect 70x return on an escrowed IPO with no risk?

come on guys, lets be realistic here  Cheesy

Did you expect a *2000ROI for NXT even though it started with a much worse client?

Wizzard I've seen you around a lot and I expect more from a Sr. member.

You know full well that NXT had no escrow, no pictures, no proof, nothing. It was a big risk. Therefor it deserved a big reward (I will admit 2000x or more is a bit extreme and ridiculous).

What I said still stands, there was very little risk involved in the Qora IPO except for opportunity risk while your funds were tied up in escrow.

Make sure you don't fry your brain with all that highly academical finance analysis...  are you even listening to yourself type?!?!?   Huh

In what Universe does the valuation of a project depend on the method of funding and NOT its characteristics???   Shocked

In what world is that not a factor? On one hand you are saying that I don't understand business fundamentals and then on the other hand you are saying something that proves you don't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risk-based_pricing
In simplest terms:
The interest rate on a loan is determined not only by the time value of money, but also by the lender's estimate of the probability that the borrower will default on the loan.

In this instance the loan is the IPO funds, and the interest is your return (or ROI).

Risk is always a factor in determining rewards. There can be no reward without risk. Greater risk, greater reward.... I'm not sure why I had to say that.

Anyway, please stop trying to mince my words now, I'm not trying to detract from the benefit of Qora or its feature set, I'm only questioning the thought process of listening to a group of Qora holders who got together to arbitrarily set a price for Qora, independent of the market.

You obviously have a biased opinion on the matter as you hold Qora and its in your best interests to agree on that price.

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:35:41 AM

Cool, we've got more trolls. Just like good old times in Nxt thread. Qora will have a huge success.

Already five assholes: coinpump, Attack.of.the.Clones, TheMightyX, Djinou94, Hippie Tech. Not sure Nxt had so many.

Secondleo

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:09:34 AM

Cool, we've got more trolls. Just like good old times in Nxt thread. Qora will have a huge success.

Already five assholes: coinpump, Attack.of.the.Clones, TheMightyX, Djinou94, Hippie Tech. Not sure Nxt had so many.

I'm not sure you are on the right side of the fence.

Attack.of.the.clones started a valid discussion about the price.
coinpump just made a lengthy very positive post about the coin development.
TheMightyX.... well, didn't read closely enough, maybe he is, but doesn't feel so. There are even people agreeing with him. Thats not very troll like.
Djinou94... don't know as well, but he seemed reasonable.
Hippie Tech... and there is the troll. Yeah, definitely a troll.

dzarmush. You should actually take a step back and think about what is going on. Maybe even put a bounty up for something to be done.

After all, thinking that someone with a lot of Qora will do the website for free (and even better than someone paid) is pretty naive.
He might increase the value of his own holdings. But also of every other large Qora holder. People don't work like that....

You want something done? Put your mouth where your money is.
Secondleo

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:12:00 AM

So there is no point to argue about "loan mechanics" being different than IPO or IPO being different than Loan. We can argue only what specifically is in common (belongs to "loan mechanics") or different (belongs to derived classes).

Welcome to my Ignore List!   Grin

Really? Dude, are you serious?
You start to look a bit bonkers.
Casu

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:19:27 AM

Looks like price is crashing and people are starting to crack, it will be a snowball from here. You guys shouldn't have been so damn greedy and tried to fix the price so high from the get-go. If you had let it rise from a low price, people would be happy with where you are now but instead it's crashing from a height and the early adopters will be forever jaded. Can't wait for Kora Smiley
Casu

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:23:25 AM

Looks like price is crashing and people are starting to crack, it will be a snowball from here. You guys shouldn't have been so damn greedy and tried to fix the price so high from the get-go. If you had let it rise from a low price, people would be happy with where you are now but instead it's crashing from a height and the early adopters will be forever jaded. Can't wait for Kora Smiley

Welcome to my Ignore List!   Grin

Your head-in-sand tactic is obviously working wonders for potential investors who visit this thread. If some of the Qora holders have some brains and care about their investment they will get this idiot to wind his neck in.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:23:53 AM

I'm not sure you are on the right side of the fence.

Attack.of.the.clones started a valid discussion about the price.
coinpump just made a lengthy very positive post about the coin development.
TheMightyX.... well, didn't read closely enough, maybe he is, but doesn't feel so. There are even people agreeing with him. Thats not very troll like.
Djinou94... don't know as well, but he seemed reasonable.
Hippie Tech... and there is the troll. Yeah, definitely a troll.

dzarmush. You should actually take a step back and think about what is going on. Maybe even put a bounty up for something to be done.

After all, thinking that someone with a lot of Qora will do the website for free (and even better than someone paid) is pretty naive.
He might increase the value of his own holdings. But also of every other large Qora holder. People don't work like that....

You want something done? Put your mouth where your money is.

Attack.of.the.clones tryed to dump the price and buy in. As soon as he bought enough he PMd me saying: "nothing personal, just wanted to buy cheap coins"
coinpump just posted a huge meaninless post, it's actually flooding, not trolling, but whatever
TheMightyX posted lots of crap trying to convice everybody that there should be a correlation between IPO results and coin price
Djinou94 posted FUD, and wrote that Jean-Luc said Qora is Nxt clone. He finished with words "everybody sell!!!"
Hippie Tech just a dickhead

And you're about to get in the their company if you continue to support all those assholes.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:25:25 AM

Here we go, another one.

Already six assholes: coinpump, Attack.of.the.Clones, TheMightyX, Djinou94, Hippie Tech, Casu.

50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:28:55 AM

Feeling myself very good while keeping my money in Qora.   Grin
twospirit

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:30:58 AM

Why do I suddenly have negative balance?  Huh
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:32:08 AM

Why do I suddenly have negative balance?  Huh

There's a bug. Make sure you've got the seed, delete wallet folder, launch the client and recover your wallet.

gorillajam

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

win

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:37:00 AM

LETS ALL AGREE NOW NOT TO FEED TROLLS

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:38:32 AM

Here we go, another one.

Already six assholes: coinpump, Attack.of.the.Clones, TheMightyX, Djinou94, Hippie Tech, Casu.

Nice...   I have made such lists in other threads myself...  just make sure you actually add them to your Ignore List too though!!!   Wink  

I want to see what those dickheads post. I don't feed them, but I need to see what's happening.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:40:10 AM

LETS ALL AGREE NOW NOT TO FEED TROLLS

Your huge letters look hysterical and probably piss me off even more than trolls Smiley keep it down, people
escpecially that one with "welcome to my ignore list!"

Pages: « 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: