Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:33:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open  (Read 176707 times)
muddafudda (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:38:28 PM

I think the key is educating people on these so called scam coins as you will never be able to actually prevent people from making them and releasing them.

Yes and if more people are for the idea of not supporting the coin the better. I would rather see a peaceful revolution against the shitcoin than hurting them.

Any ideas, suggestions on tackling this issue are very welcome.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:38:56 PM

Look, before we go further and if this is to get traction (which I hope), we must set real, serious consensus of what is a "shitcoin". Refine the OP criteria a bit ...

For example, low adoption or low exchange value or volume is NOT enough to determine what is a bad useless coin. Don't forget some were crushed by multipools, etc...

Either, being "new" isn't enough. What to think of Dogecoin? Yes, that's how it started and in my view, technically the coin itself still is. However, this is one of the few where the "community" actually matters. There are actually a few services around it. It introduced people to crypto. I've read and reached the conclusion it made some kids stop playing gory violent games and use their videocards for something positive, etc...

What I'm trying to say in short, is, yes there is too much garbage out there, but otoh don't use a broader brush than what's needed

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
btcltcdigger

Activity: 2030
Merit: 757

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:41:08 PM

Also, keep in mind this is not the only altcoin forum around.

Crush it here, it will move to another forum
muddafudda (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:42:00 PM

Artistic sigs on the fight against the shitcoin that are made will be added to the OP for all to put in their signatures.

First T-shirt that someone makes that I can buy online about this I will buy a copy and put the post in the OP for others to buy.
btcltcdigger

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:43:00 PM

Artistic sigs on the fight against the shitcoin that are made will be added to the OP for all to put in their signatures.

First T-shirt that someone makes that I can buy online about this I will buy a copy and put the post in the OP for others to buy.

What's next?
BTC donation address to fight shitcoins?
IPO?
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 03:44:22 PM

Want to help?

1. Remove all buy orders.
2.Post in their threads reminding them that its time for the shitcoin to end.
3. Let them know via social media you are joining the revolution against shitcoins.
4. Do not promote these coins in any manner.

Artistic banners on the fight against the shitcoin that are made will be added to the OP for all to put in their signatures.

First T-shirt that someone makes that I can buy online about this I will buy a copy and put the post in the OP.

so you can get some ; )

actually the shit storm clean out has just begun, i'm sure some know what i mean : )

mums the word.

** today is a great day for Cryptocurrency.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
muddafudda (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:49:18 PM

actually the shit storm clean out has just begun, i'm sure some know what i mean : )

I do Smiley
Evilish

Activity: 882
Merit: 563

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:50:53 PM

Just put all the country coins in that list and we're good.
muddafudda (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:51:54 PM

What's next?
BTC donation address to fight shitcoins?
IPO?

No but if someone say needed hosting for website or pool servers, I'm sure me or others are more than willing to provide the funding.

I know I am.
muddafudda (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:52:59 PM

Post them up.

It all starts with being aware.
btcltcdigger

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:56:24 PM

Post them up.

It all starts with being aware.

First and foremost thing you have to do is define 2 words: "shitcoin" and "scamcoin"

You need an exact definition, otherwise everyone will blame everyone that their coin is a shit/scam coin.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:57:43 PM

Alongside with all the localized coins, including United States themed ones like USDe, Bernankoin, etc...

██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:02:54 PM

I have an idea. We start a pool where we can mine shit PoW scamcoins and fork them. Most scamcoin devs won't know how to fix them and the coin will die. we can make it expensive for them to pay others to fix.

kill the blockchain, kill the coin.

Fantastic idea. Pool operators PM me.

Nice idea.

thanks. this can also apply to scrypt pow/pos coins, as most most scamcoin devs dont even know how to setup a checkpoint server.

A nice concentrated pool of hashers, we can fork a coin and it wouldn't take that long. A nice 1-2 ghash attack can crush most blockchains. Even with KGW we can launch a time travel exploit attack.

Fork a coin enough times, and exchanges wont even bother updating clients. this should discourage people from getting scammed.

SHA256 coins die off quick on their own, look at AsicCoin and EMark for prime examples. So this pool would apply to Scrypt-based scamcoins.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:03:38 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 04:15:10 PM by cryptohunter

everyone will have an opinion on which is a shitclone and which is not.

You idea will be met with fierce resistance to any coins released since they will have a few members in each community.

If you want this to work you need minor resistance. Therefore start from a point in the future because nobody yet has a vested interest in the coin.

It will never work doing it this way really.

I think already we see the new coins getting destroyed by natural forces and things like the new mine nxt pool and blackcoin one are going to terminate them gradually.

Also the person in control would need to have a perfect reputuation and hero member at least.  Can't have that kind of power in the hand of anyone on here with a personal agenda or who does not follow the will of the community. I think voting is essential. However yes, these 1000's of clones must be stopped somehow.

Starting from a future point will have a lot more chance of gaining support.

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:04:43 PM

i can put our differences aside for this noble cause. count me in.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:18:38 PM

I love the idea
muddafudda (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:18:50 PM

You idea will be met with fierce resistance to any coins released since they will have a few members in each community.

If you want this to work you need minor resistance. Therefore start from a point in the future because nobody yet has a vested interest in the coin.

I think already we see the new coins getting destroyed by natural forces and things like the new mine nxt pool and blackcoin one are going to terminate them gradually.

Also the person in control would need to have a perfect reputuation and hero member at least.  Can't have that kind of power in the hand of anyone on here with a personal agenda or who does not follow the will of the community. I think voting is essential. However yes, these 1000's of clones must be stopped somehow.

I began revolution with 82 men. If I had to do it again, I do it with 10 or 15 and absolute faith. It does not matter how small you are if you have faith and plan of action.
Fidel Castro

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:26:51 PM

I began revolution with 82 men. If I had to do it again, I do it with 10 or 15 and absolute faith. It does not matter how small you are if you have faith and plan of action.
Fidel Castro

If we start a 51% attack pool against communities now... that will get ddos and all kinds of issues because people are invested already in terms of electricity and effort.

If we start on coins where nobody has yet invested = no resistance. If we cut off all new coins after this point then that would be a very good start. Any blatant scam ones should be taken down too, but then there will be honest miners who get damaged who were not in on the scam i guess.

For something like this to work you need a lot of unity and not too much resistance. Once it gains traction and power then you can afford to get more ambitious.

You better hope to get bcx and hash whales on side because if not it's not going anywhere. Try to attack one of the coins they favour and you will need a huge team onboard to do anything.

Also how can we attack pos coins? don't we need 51% of the coins to do this? or is it not as simple as that?

Even an entire group of people coordinating a combined attack on each new ANN thread can have a  huge effect. Of course we need a valid reason to define them as scams or else we just look like bullies trying to make the market as we see fit which will maybe not go down well.

Educating noobs not to mine the latest shitclones would be useful too.

mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:28:30 PM

http://Also how can we attack pos coins? don't we need 51% of the coins to do this? or is it not as simple as that?

maybe PoW mining is good criteria for shitcoin status, eh?
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:30:43 PM

http://Also how can we attack pos coins? don't we need 51% of the coins to do this? or is it not as simple as that?

maybe PoW mining is good criteria for shitcoin status, eh?

well , i think scam coin should be first focus.... we have legitimate gripe against those...

Pure shit well i guess people are allowed to make a choice... however if we educate people to see they are wasting their time on shit... hopefully they will not mine or support it.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: