Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:27:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open  (Read 176696 times)
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 04:32:31 PM

If there was a serious discuss on how to approach the problem i would be in and help.

If a few and serious people gather...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:34:51 PM

http://Also how can we attack pos coins? don't we need 51% of the coins to do this? or is it not as simple as that?

maybe PoW mining is good criteria for shitcoin status, eh?

well , i think scam coin should be first focus.... we have legitimate gripe against those...

Pure shit well i guess people are allowed to make a choice... however if we educate people to see they are wasting their time on shit... hopefully they will not mine or support it.

Getting rid of scams is something I like. Arbitrarily labeling others peoples efforts as shit and trying to destroy them is going to cause big problems for all involved.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:37:49 PM

http://Also how can we attack pos coins? don't we need 51% of the coins to do this? or is it not as simple as that?

well , i think scam coin should be first focus.... we have legitimate gripe against those...

Pure shit well i guess people are allowed to make a choice... however if we educate people to see they are wasting their time on shit... hopefully they will not mine or support it.
First of all i will say this:

The legality of this proposal is grey at best, however the goverments are doing nothing to stop this, it is time we step up and begin policing our community for the greater good. we need to send the message, however many times it takes, that we will destroy any attempt of creating new altcoins, atleast those that lack innovation. the necessary evil here is that we must fork each and everyone of these coins to destroy them.

This being said, we can' t just run around the community forking coins, we need an SOP(Standard Operating Protocol) in place

Here's my proposal:
Prerequisites:
1. we need a private area for discussion away from this forum.
2. we have a centralized pool we use to orchestrate the attack(s)
3. we have a designated leader, and designated roles within the alliance.
4. we absolutely must include shakezula and BCX in this.
5. we do not fork any of the previous generation of altcoins, back when we were making coins for fun, before these scammers arrived.
Phase 1:
We vote on the coin to fork. once consensus is reached, we proceed to stage 2. announcing our intensions to the General Public.
Phase 2:
we announce it to the public. 7 days notice is given.
we alert respective exchanges of our intention about the coin, and encourage them to delist it. if they refuse we move on to phase 3.
Phase 3:
We setup the pool on our own private network with our custom, low difficulty client. we mine from block 0 to thoroughly erase the blockchain.(very easy. we mine ahead 3,000 blocks, then suddenly flood the network.)
Phase 4:
We are done.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:38:46 PM

Coins not exempt are
-Clones not older than 8 months. If you cloned another coin and just changed the rewards, your on the list.
-IPO coins.
-Premine greater than 1%.
-Devs that have no idea on what their coin is or how it works.
-Fake coins or coins that clearly have no intention of development.

It is an error to use percentage. 1% of 1M is 10,000 coins at 1 sat = .0001BTC - not worth the effort scamming. 1% of 1B is 10M coins at 1 sat = .1BTC - worth scamming.

Of course many coins either have lower coins with higher % of premine or 10, 20, 30 billions of coins with 1% of premine but if they get to sell at 10 sat - 1 BTC or more.

In essence there should be no premine or any premine to be done in terms of number of coins needed for so-called development. The number of premine coins can be converted to % to get a general idea. If anyone is serious about premine then there could be a team of anti-scammers, i.e  Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up could hold a cold wallet and developers of any new coins would be required to send the premine coins to be kept in storage. When they have fulfilled their conditions of development, premine coins could be released bit by bit by sending 'payment' to the developers from the cold wallet in storage. This, i believe, would then reassure the miners and investors that the developers get nothing until they have done their part and makes the coin resistance to dumping.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

muddafudda (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:39:13 PM

Education seems to be a common theme, as good as an approach it is and we as a whole will try and use this in numbers, sadly will not solve all. But it's a damn good start.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:39:50 PM

Getting rid of scams is something I like. Arbitrarily labeling others peoples efforts as shit and trying to destroy them is going to cause big problems for all involved.
THIS!

Indeed, we will see if this evolves as a serious effort, or a different way to promote the personal self-interest of the ones that flock to this thread ...  

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:45:10 PM

I do not think it is fair to damage the very small investment the most recent miners have accumulated through effort and their cost in electricity.

Yes some of those coins if not 90% are just clones nothing but litecoin with a new name. However so are the last wave.

Halting all new coins that come after a certain date will not damage anyone financially since nobody has had time to invest time or electricity into them

I fully agree with stopping all new clones that are just copy and paste, especially with premine. I don't think we should take what little the new miners have paid to accrue away although most of those coin probably were made for personal enrichment only by the original dev.

Let's stop that happening with new coins.

Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:46:52 PM

I'm all for killing shit coins. I have a very decent amount of hash power to add to forking coins, PM me if needed.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:49:34 PM

I can agree with you, muddafudda, that there is a lot of garbage being paraded throughout these forums and others. Most of these coins have been created by people like you, however. These so called developers are pushing out trash left and right in an attempt to make a few BTC. What I wonder though, is what makes you any different? Was memecoin not trash? I mean, whatever happened to the store? Is this the same store that was promised with Globalcoin? You talk about a premine greater than one percent being bad, but what about the premine/instamine you attempted to get out of r3wt for developing nanotokens?  What about Tickets? Were you not behind the failed Maples as well?  What about Cryptobits? You seemed eager to get that coin listed on Cryptsy. How many coins have you had a hand in developing?

Having said all of that, it sounds like I'm trying to start a fight or attack you.  Really, I'm just curious as to your response, and ultimately, I think my main question comes down to this: What makes 2014 any different than 2013 any different than 2012...?  Seriously, is this current crop of coin garbage any better developed than the early crop of coin that you, Hazard, and Shakezula put out? I say early because the development did get better.

You bring up a very valid point and this is exactly what i mean. Some will seek to use this opportunity for their own ends only. 

Enforcing things like this is a very dark road. This is regulation by force. We need to fight for fair coins with innovation but need to not start out with forceful means.

luck5

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:49:41 PM

Personally, I see Blackcoin as a fucking instamined gimmicky sponger!

Remember the tons of shit thrown on quark for the 6 months instamine...? Well, what about BC with its one-week instamine..??
But everybody's jumping in, and mint too... wtf?!

As for good coin, i suggest to take a look at Myriad, NO premine, 5 indipendent algos that allow to mine it with whatever, asic, gpu and cpu.

i found this on reddit and i totally agree:

vert alienates asics and CPU miners but was innovate so took off. So what is going to happen with a coin that gives everyone an equal footing. This is what satoshi intended for bitcoin but could not predict the impact of asics and slowly this week the community is waking up to the fact.

http://www.reddit.com/r/myriadcoin/comments/209fwu/genuine_question_about_myriadcoins_multiple/
r3wt

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:50:01 PM

I can agree with you, muddafudda, that there is a lot of garbage being paraded throughout these forums and others. Most of these coins have been created by people like you, however. These so called developers are pushing out trash left and right in an attempt to make a few BTC. What I wonder though, is what makes you any different? Was memecoin not trash? I mean, whatever happened to the store? Is this the same store that was promised with Globalcoin? You talk about a premine greater than one percent being bad, but what about the premine/instamine you attempted to get out of r3wt for developing nanotokens?  What about Tickets? Were you not behind the failed Maples as well?  What about Cryptobits? You seemed eager to get that coin listed on Cryptsy. How many coins have you had a hand in developing?

Having said all of that, it sounds like I'm trying to start a fight or attack you.  Really, I'm just curious as to your response, and ultimately, I think my main question comes down to this: What makes 2014 any different than 2013 any different than 2012...?  Seriously, is this current crop of coin garbage any better developed than the early crop of coin that you, Hazard, and Shakezula put out? I say early because the development did get better.

you've brought up a good point, but muddafudda has clearly grown up, or atleast i hope he has. we all have to a degree. this is the first thing i've agreed with this guy on in a long time. i'm willing to let bygones be bygones. we simply must take back our community from these sockpuppets and scammers.

let us not ignore the elephant in the room. I for one am not happy with watching my investments continually devalue accross all exchanges because of the mass marketed altcoin scams that prevail in 2014. thats the difference this year. In 2013 and 2012, no one was using these tactics. iGotSpots invented this tactic of lobbying with sockpuppets to get coins listed on exchanges, and as you can see its caught on with every fool in the game.

The previous generation of coiners were much harsher than we were. they would destroy altcoins for pleasure.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:53:21 PM

Personally, I see Blackcoin as a fucking instamined gimmicky sponger!

Remember the tons of shit thrown on quark for the 6 months instamine...? Well, what about BC with its one-week instamine..??
But everybody's jumping in, and mint too... wtf?!

As for good coin, i suggest to take a look at Myriad, NO premine, 5 indipendent algos that allow to mine it with whatever, asic, gpu and cpu.

i found this on reddit and i totally agree:

vert alienates asics and CPU miners but was innovate so took off. So what is going to happen with a coin that gives everyone an equal footing. This is what satoshi intended for bitcoin but could not predict the impact of asics and slowly this week the community is waking up to the fact.

http://www.reddit.com/r/myriadcoin/comments/209fwu/genuine_question_about_myriadcoins_multiple/

well exactly everyone is going to have a different opinon on which should be terminated. I can tell you now trying to terminate blackcoin won't be easy... they have a big community that will freak out if you say we are going to attack their coin.

A simple rule would be all new coins from monday if are just copy and past with nothing new.... well we develop some means to stop them.

I would say rule 1

dev with no history ... and i mean like at least 50 or something is bad news.

how come all these devs have 0 or 5 rating when they launch??  because its the same team i think bringing more and more coins out.  Low history devs should be 1 target.

mgburks77

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:00:22 PM

suppressive thinking kills innovation

this is an attempt to enforce market controls with force and since it's just a few people with suspect motivations leading it I predict utter failure

this will degenerate into a lot of DDoSing and memeing and not much else

The One
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:01:56 PM

What a dumb concept. Trying to control decentralized free trade. Even the FED said they can't stop Bitcoin. Just let market forces work its magic and many coins will die anyway and if they don't then someone wants to buy and own them so who the hell are you want to stop them doing what they want.

Its always the younger generation that wants to control the free market, it bodes badly for Capitalism in the West. And don't use the V anonymous mask, your views run in opposite to revolution and freedom.

Free trade does not entitle one to conduct criminal activities. Learn the difference between free trade and criminal 'trade'.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

r3wt

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:05:18 PM

this is an attempt to enforce market controls with force and since it's just a few people with suspect motivations leading it I predict utter failure

quite the contrary. this will purge the unworthy from the market, and eventually will force evolution of the bitcoin source code(some desperate scammer will finally have a reason to make a coin that is truly unforkable). call it a purge or call it forced evolution. this idea makes sense either way, and the real crypto community, which mostly exists outside of this forum now will all support the movement. resistance of change does not stop the inevitable. #WEARESATOSHI

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:07:08 PM

What a dumb concept. Trying to control decentralized free trade. Even the FED said they can't stop Bitcoin. Just let market forces work its magic and many coins will die anyway and if they don't then someone wants to buy and own them so who the hell are you want to stop them doing what they want.

Its always the younger generation that wants to control the free market, it bodes badly for Capitalism in the West. And don't use the V anonymous mask, your views run in opposite to revolution and freedom.

Free trade does not entitle one to conduct criminal activities. Learn the difference between free trade and criminal 'trade'.

Yes, i think dev history needs to be the first thing. They should not be able to hide behind 1 day old accounts and pump out 50 clones with ipo and premines.

lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:08:42 PM

i can put our differences aside for this noble cause. count me in.

Care to explain why your own coin (OSC) shouldn't be included?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268705.0

Premine Ledger:
Premine: ~177,779 coins
block 0-6: .0777 coins
block 7: 177,777 coins
block 8: 2.5 coins(i accidentally mined an extra block)

paid out so far:
shakezula 16,777 coins (compiling, block explorer, support)
pr9me 7,777 (logo, splash screen)
pr9me 3,777 (first faucet http://www.majesti.co/ocoinfaucet/)
x3maniac 7,777 (first pool)
ahmed_bodi 5,777 (second pool)
zelles 11,539 (online wallet, web development, penetration testing.)

mgburks77

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:09:50 PM

quite the contrary. this will purge the unworthy from the market, and eventually will force evolution of the bitcoin source code(some desperate scammer will finally have a reason to make a coin that is truly unforkable). call it a purge or call it forced evolution. this idea makes sense either way, and the real crypto community, which mostly exists outside of this forum now will all support the movement. resistance of change does not stop the inevitable. #WEARESATOSHI

meh, it's some guy who makes "shitcoins" himself, with an agenda

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:11:57 PM

well let's not speak for others and what they will do.... we need to stop new copy and pastes with zero innovation and also any coins by low history devs.... there is probably a better way than brute force.

I do notice however that there is now a far weaker turn out for every new coin.

This looks like wave 2  but just far far bigger. Wave 2 eventually died out .... this wave will also even by natural means in the end.

We will get a very bad rep if we kill coins that have communities already ... however small they are.  New miners don't have stashes of the last wave of coins we do. Just like if btc big wigs decided to smash all wave 2 we would not like that. They probably could if they wanted. Some of these btc whales could buy up a ton of hardward either scrypt asic or even huge gpu farms and attack a lot of the last wave of alts if they wanted to.

Best thing is to create a new launch protocol ... fairness and innovation are key... those future coins not sticking to that we should discourage but perhaps not by attacking their coin directly.

tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:12:36 PM

The lack of newbie members in this thread is giving me hope that this idea might take off.

We can let the community decide through voting, my guess would be paid, at least that way anyone hashing on the attack pool can get some compensation for their time.

We also should not be attacking Muddafudda for releasing shit coins things were different back then.

I am down to support an attack pool, might as well burn out these GPUs before Scrypt-ASICS take over this game.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: