Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:32:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open  (Read 176699 times)
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:03:43 PM

Grin

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:27:56 PM

Is Bitcoin Scrypt for real? This is just going to confuse mainstream public. Not good, not good at all

Actually its one of the best ideas for a coin if ya looked into it.
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:02:57 PM

I think people need to understand what the definition of fraud or scam is.

Having unrealistic goals or having your head in the clouds about creating the next Bitcoin or turning on a whole nation into cryptocurrency isn't criminal in character, it's just being naive. Until we see the creator of AUR run off with the premine for instance, any accusation of fraud is questionable at best, having suspicions is one thing but throwing out accusations without evidence is another.

Personally to me the biggest shenanigans of all revolves around Litecoin with its massive amounts of fake volume going on in the Chinese exchanges, one exchange in particular that is owned by the BROTHER of the developer for Litecoin. Imagine if Satoshi's brother opened up an exchange and tried to sell you Bitcoin? I know it wouldn't make me comfortable. But whatever, it is obvious there is a clear schism between the "old crypto money" and the "new" crypto money and the 1st generation has hated most alts from the very beginning so I take any accusations of "scam" with a grain of salt.

Remember, Doge was called a scam and the creator was verbally assaulted and accused that he'd premined a bunch and would run off with it and crash the currency. Not only did this NOT happen, the guy even turned down 500k in venture capital money! How many of the professional trolls in btc-e who spend 8 hours a day trashing alts would have such strong hands? I bet very few.

bullshit. your posts fails to make any credible point at all. try again, scam pumper.

Wow. How can you even say that? What he said has some valid points (some of what he said is fact, even) and you are just dismissing them on principle. Please refute what he just said. Has the creator of AUR ran off with the premine yet? Is the brother of Litecoin's developer not the owner of an exchange? Is DOGE a scam? Did the DOGE dev not turn down 500k venture capital?

In my book, people who throw around accusations without anything to back them up are the ones who get labelled "scammers".

yeah no fucking shit. this is worse than a bar that doesn't card when it comes to daily rape. ffs people are not even trying any more. where is the innovation? this is just bulls shit.

you just agreed with him, and he was disagreeing with my premise. so which is it? you're either for these scams or against them. pick a side.

lol don't mind me, I was a little drunk.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:19:05 PM

you're either for these scams or against them. pick a side.

Actually I was wondering the same about you, haven't you made a scamcoin or 10 lol (lets not add about the hidden premine) .......seems this threads full of all the older scammers wanted to prevent the new scammers invading their turf.

I haven't been around long enough to know who is who, but I believe the OP used to make shitcoins, and r3wt ran an exchange that went under, and lost a LOT of people's money. Many here probably think he is a scammer.

Beats me why they feel like all of a sudden they now can be arbiters of what people should and shouldn't buy. And it's hardly like they are full of goodwill, based on their past actions. It's like a thief complaining to other people that there are thieves around, and they will protect them out of the goodness of their own heart.
flounderella

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:53:43 PM

Grin

I want one of those...
triplef

Activity: 338
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:00:08 AM

how exactly is someone from china gonna mail out prints to CALIFORNIA, xsv , ? 100k addresses ? at 63 cents a stamp if not more, then thats 60k in stamps plus the paper and shit,

theres ALOT more then 100k people in silicon valley i guess, but hey , miners are idiots myself included, WTF mined RAIN and TIPS lol got attracted by FEDORA, but this is enough.

im going back to LTC and sticking there,  people should look at domain names, ips of pools and relevancy of the coin ,AUR makes sense, if i was iceland i would sue anyone doing this but hey they ARE broke.

all the rest is pure speculation, REMEMBER NO COINS ARE WORTH ANYTHING , there is NO VALUE in ANY COIN, pure speculation , remember something ? crash of 2008 ? wall street ? toxic papers ? wow...

vlight

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:11:43 AM

So where is the list of all the coins that you are against?
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:07:53 AM

ETA on paysha bud?  i'm genuinely intrigued to see what kind of service you offer.

Hopefully soon. All the legal shit is out of the way already though. We've got a private demo right now that is almost done. Once that is up we just have to test and test and test before we open it up for beta. We are already behind our schedule by a few weeks so we decided to just over test and find any holes since we are already late

that's good, better safe than sorry.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:09:37 AM

So, any shitcoin getting crushed yet, or is it all talk?
Most everyone here is all talk, and the most they can do to crush a coin is talk. In all honesty, which posters in this thread have the mental and physical resources to fork a coin into oblivion.  I know I don't have both.

hey newbie the guy who is talking below you has taken coins down i watched it unfold before my own eyes so scuttle off and stfu
and that goes for the rest of you who said the same exact thing..

i am a noob compared to many of the guys here talking that started this before i showed up.. i only started mining and trading in July 2013
but i sure spent a lot of time talking on chat and on this forum etc since with many of the usual guys. so i have done *some homework or gotten to know some people.
the fact some of you lippy shits don't even know who the hell BCX is proves YOU are the one who should the hell up because you are making a complete fool of yourselves.

i don't think any of us are a perfect angels and i don't care about what happened in the past either with various people. i am looking forward.
i am concerned for the fate of Crypto as a whole because the world wide altcoin scene is connected to Bitcoin.
i have thought for a long time that people all over are simply looking short time and not the demise of this scene.
and by demise i mean and said long ago that a lot of people will simply walk away ..disgusted.
and i am pretty sure that is why Bitcoin went to $1200 and dropped off.. they came they seen and they left.
Why did they leave ? Doge coin tards are not helping people stay and we don't need to focus our efforts on attracting losers that get involved with crap like that coin.
I will say it again.. These scamcoins that function so similar to a ponzi scheme make Bitcoin and all of crypto look bad and the repercussions are far reaching.
The bad behavior that has grown out of control i am confident will lead to tough regulation for example and you guys can say so what but if your caught
when a bank closes your account on you and it's YOUR money that is seized your tune will change and YES that has happened endlessly last couple years,
as i have seen in the news.. banks around the world have seized account funds from other exchanges to bitcoin related businesses to the common trader.
And i myself went through 2 straight months of daily bs with Payapl when they seized a few grand from me and i had to get a lawyer to fight to get my money back.
and even when they said it was done and i got my account + money back they stole almost half of it and i had to spend even more time proving they took it.
I can't put into words how stressful it was having my 5k stolen from them and spending sooo much effort to get it back (which i did in full eventually)
And this story is a lazer beam direct link to the reputation of Bitcoin !
Paypal accused me of running a financial service business and said i broke their TOS because i sent $2500 usd from BTC-E two times to Paypal.. which is nonsense of course.
And since i have been told i lied and made all that up on BTC-E chat and else where.. people don't even believe me and guys brag about selling on ebay etc
and i have told them its owned by the same people as Paypal and you too can have you cash seized any minute.. and i am of course told i am full of shit.
It was funny when i dealt with Paypal i reminded them that people are selling coins on ebay and that places like Virwox have been selling Lindens and Bitcoins for ages and they don't bother any of those guys..Paypal also didn't comment on that either in response.. they are hypocrits that pick and choose who they will screw over and my email i got about breaking the TOS was posted right here at this forum last March by some other guy who went through the same exact crap (i found on Google) i found my email here word for word basically.
problems are brewing.. with Paypal banks etc etc all over more and more.

You scam coin cloners are ruining a good thing and are blind to the problems your causing right now and that will come soon enough.
and NO i will NOT turn a blind to the bad behavior and let it slide.. you people need to be stopped. We are in an unregulated market so no one else is going to do it.
so hell ya i will make my own badge and go after all the coin spammers i want.. don't like it ? then don't invest in scamcoins .

Sorry it's another long one but i am passionate about ALL of us even having an Altcoin scene in the future and i am deeply concerned it won't even exist down the road.
And i want to see it grow and get bigger by attracting professional and mature players not by attracting Much Yes Very Tard'lets for Such (short term / damaging) Profits.
Here me Cryptsy ? pool operators ? douche bags that flash-mine and trade coins that are clearly a ponzi of sorts.. you guys know better but play dumb
and you will hide when shit hits the fan.. you will be silent when problems pop up so no i will not sit idle and watch as irresponsible scumbags ruin things for ALL of us.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1129

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:09:58 AM

Honestly?  

I think instead of arguing about figuring out which ones are scams, it would be a better plan to make a list with a fixed number of places -- say, 20 -- and put coins onto it if and only if they apparently AREN'T scams, and also show some outstanding combination of development, innovation and/or community support/activity, and no signs of known security problems.

Admit a new alt to the list only when one of the ones currently on the list is delisted due to getting hacked committing a scam, or being abandoned by its development team.

And then set out to burn every nonlisted altcoin to the ground, preferably so fast their promoters never even get a chance to pump let alone dump.

Litecoin makes the list even with no innovative feature except Scrypt mining, partly because it *introduced* scrypt mining and partly because the community (and market cap) is huge and active, it has a dev team that's responsive, etc.

Dogecoin makes the list, even though the coin itself shows no innovation AT ALL.  The "work" in Doge is by the community, not the dev.  It has scads of tipbots, wallets, blockchain explorer, good website,  active reasonably-moderated independent forums, a longstanding active reddit, good support, etc. and those things represent real work that a real community has done. Also, it happens to have the third-largest market cap after Litecoin's second.  But the market cap is still so small as to be nearly irrelevant by comparison to the combined market cap of cryptocurrencies.  It's a drop in the bucket compared to Litecoin, and Litecoin is a drop in the bucket compared to Bitcoin.  There is no reason to even consider market cap as a criterion for any coins smaller than Doge.

Darkcoin makes the list.  Darksend is an interesting new innovation, the dev is responsible and active, he's been fixing security problems instead of denying their existence and getting huffy at the people who pointed them out.  He hasn't promised a damn thing he hasn't delivered on, and the community is both active and supportive and, like the Doge community has developed some additional tools.  

Myriadcoin makes the list.  Their multi-algorithm mining appears to be a good idea, possibly a defense against burst mining and other scummy chain raping tactics.  Of course, also a possible security problem but if so the method of exploiting it hasn't been discovered yet and at least somebody's making an effort to solve a real problem.

Namecoin definitely makes the list; using a blockchain to create a lasting public record of domain registrations is a good idea, it's useful, and it's been around long enough for a scam to have revealed itself by now.

BitMessage makes the list; using a blockchain to provide secure email (and make spamming it expensive) is brilliant.  I just wish it had enough uptake to be more useful.

I can't decide about Peercoin.  Its proof-of-stake mining is an interesting idea for innovation and it has active support/community.  It has good support and has been around long enough for people to be pretty sure it isn't a deliberate scam.  The problem is that I'm not entirely convinced that their proof-of-stake implementation isn't vulnerable to an attacker using stake to support both sides of a fork.  If an exploit can be demonstrated, then they need to fix it or stop existing immediately.  If not, they make the list.

So, off the top of my head, I count seven.  Thirteen more places available on the list, who gets 'em?  

Of course there was no need to wait to start on AUR... We'll see what BCX comes up with on his fork of the attack while someone keeps the main chain very very slow to give him time to work.   Grin

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:46:43 AM

+1 to what Spoetnik said.

Lots of knee jerk reactions to what in essence we are talking about is cleaning up the scams.
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:58:48 AM

black coin will help operation shitcoin cleanup! our multipool already hard forked 2 coins Smiley

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:59:44 AM

catcoin fork this weekend.

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
Arbitrageur

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:22:29 AM

best thread in months! following you on twitter. this is going to be my fav topics in the next weeks!
wasamata

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:45:46 AM

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:19:42 AM

Now if we formed a pool, that is entirely a different matter. All we need is people to commit and someone who knows how to manage a pool.

funnily enough thats half of battlecoins plans I think  Smiley
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:46:38 AM

Now if we formed a pool, that is entirely a different matter. All we need is people to commit and someone who knows how to manage a pool.

funnily enough thats half of battlecoins plans I think  Smiley

Battlecoin is SHA-256.
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:56:21 AM

The problem, ultimately, with crypto currency is that is controlled by a bunch of immature people.

lol

This thread is ridiculous. This is the kind of shit that drives people away from bitcoin. You guys aren't doing anything to help bitcoin, you're acting like like junior high kids who don't quite understand how to navigate society yet and are trying to form social cliques so you can look "cool".
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:13:41 PM

why is it that when a scamcoin launches it takes pool operators 2 secs to set up pools to support the scamcoins, but we can't put an attack pool together after 27 pages of talking?

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:17:27 PM

why is it that when a scamcoin launches it takes pool operators 2 secs to set up pools to support the scamcoins, but we can't put an attack pool together after 27 pages of talking?

Maybe because destroying people's property would get them into trouble.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: