Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:19:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open  (Read 176697 times)
dexternax

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:04:49 PM

SO I am sure most people are not mid-flight, bored with nothing better to do than to read 66 pages of this thread like I am, so I am going to sum it up really quickly for the newcomers.

- A few dudes are tired of seeing people make 'shitcoins' altcoins, flood the market.
- Those same dudes are also people who have made their own altcoins
- They want to create a digital mafia to bully 'shitcoins' they don't like  
- Extortion is the first step (10-20BTC)
- Attack is the second step if they don't comply (point all their hash power to fork a blockchain)
- 90% of the the thread is just trolling....

I think that sums it up pretty well....
Nonsense.

It was a noob that made the extorsion post. It's always newbies like you that come up with the extortion B.S., claim that everyone who is against shitcoins, want to charge money. Prove what you claim by quoting posts where others besides zeroc00l want to charge BTC or shut up.

You also ignore the ones like me that have legitimate concerns for people being scammed with IPO's, premines and dumps, also the long-term of alt coins, but I don't expect you to acknowledge this.

WOAH dude I am not accusing anyone of anything, especially you!! Take a breath.... relax a bit... the tension seems a bit high.

I was just recapping exactly what is going on in this thread because its pointless for anyone else to have to read the 66pages of it.  I said a 'few people' are involved I am not directly accusing any single person of anything. I also NEVER said I was going to extort anyone... in fact its completely illegal and I would never condone anyone doing it!!

AS a joke I mentioned that those people who start to attack these coins will lose hash power so there should be some sort of counter defense, because I DON'T condone what they are attempting to do with their attacks...  In fact I completely with you on this, I think that there are way to many scams and I do believe that someone should start speaking out against them which is why I read the complete 66 pages of this thread to see if anyone had anything positive to say.... BUT... never extort or attack.

It would have taken me a whole day and 2000 words to go through everyones ideas to stop this but the general consensus of the 'newbs' who started this thread are what I was trying to recap.. plus the amount of trolling happening on here is funny....

Also just because I have new handle on here doesn't mean that I am a newb. Although I don't expect YOU to acknowledge that... I had some privacy issues with my old handle being associated with very personal information and decided to create something new. I have been involved with Bitcoin since 2011... I am a 35yr old hacker/security developer who has been part of many online communities for the past 25yrs. I've spoken at conventions like Defcon, Hope, Blackhat and CCC over the past 10yrs... and in fact you and I have had several positive exchanges over the past several months.

I would love to hear a positive plan to figure out how to take out so many scammers within this industry because it is a problem.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:19:41 PM

There were less than 30 alternate coins in December and now there's over 200 and the list keeps adding.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 08:33:32 PM

Even the "defenders" of shitcoins absolutely insist upon an actual attack, claiming that unless an attack is done and succeeds their coin is invulnerable to attack.

Some even offer to wager coins (usually the worthless crapcoins themselves of course), betting that no such successful attack will happen.

This is where Aurora is right now: an attack is purportedly in progress and defenders claim that it is not and/or that it cannot succeed and/or that if their scamcoin manages to scam enough money out of enough people it will sucker someone into securing it (notice it is someone else that is to secure it; they evidently do not plan to spend the wealth they themselves scam out of people with their scamchain to secure the chain, oh gosh no, they plan to scam third parties into securing it for them).

In other words just like any other ponzi: "It is not a scam, if the SEC had not shut us down we would have been a massive success for everyone, and even not illegal, but they shut us down before we could buy enough politicians to change the SEC / scam / fiduciary irresponsibility / criminal negligence / fraud etc laws..."

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:44:47 PM

SO I am sure most people are not mid-flight, bored with nothing better to do than to read 66 pages of this thread like I am, so I am going to sum it up really quickly for the newcomers.

- A few dudes are tired of seeing people make 'shitcoins' altcoins, flood the market.
- Those same dudes are also people who have made their own altcoins
- They want to create a digital mafia to bully 'shitcoins' they don't like 
- Extortion is the first step (10-20BTC)
- Attack is the second step if they don't comply (point all their hash power to fork a blockchain)
- 90% of the the thread is just trolling....

I think that sums it up pretty well....

I was thinking about this though.... Who wants to start a protective anti-altcoin-mafia pool?.... I mean if these guys are aiming their hash power to take down coins, its going to take hash power away from the coins they've created.... leaving them open for a 51% attack as well... I bet 300+devs from all these 'shitcoins' you want to take down can come up with more hash power within their communities, as a counter measure, than can ever be created through this useless (somewhat illegal) thread.

Wow, troll much?

Btc=C2MF       Free BTC Poker
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
yaboymarvo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:45:38 PM

There were less than 30 alternate coins in December and now there's over 200 and the list keeps adding.

so,dont use them then. Problem solved.
micryon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 08:46:20 PM

It seems that some people will always have the personality of distrust and always see the worst in people.  Thus all the scam-usations.

But in reality, a lot of us are just having fun programming and educating ourselves with projects.  Trying out different experiments with cryptos.  Just like how bitcoins originally started.  In fact, that is the beauty of open source development... (They didn't add the awesome and simplistic "fork" button on github for nothing...)

I realize that 99% of the people on the forum aren't developers (or even understand code, or even understand how bitcoins work beyond reading what other ppl posted!). And that most people here are just speculators, trying to get rich quick, or maybe people just peripherally interested in technology... These people take risks, they lose money .. but that is not always the fault of developers.  

If someone wants to help educate people of the risks, that's fine.  But please, leave developers out of all this speculatory and accusatory statements.  By far we are the ones that will advance this technology in the right direction.  Not all the BS forum warriors.

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:50:23 PM

I love it how Spunknik is being owned time and again in under two paragraphs!

Shows the drivel he posts is complete and utter bollocks, and that he should be branded the resident Troll for his barely readable slabs of text!

I have him Ignored but had to comment as I keep seeing him quoted.

- Are we going to get organized ?
What we need like BCX suggested i think earlier is an attack pool or something that we could use anonymously.. for forking etc.
lets get doing it.. i don't have a web server or domains etc so we need someone that does to get a hold of BCX maybe and work it out.
Can you get a pool running for this anyone ? We need it to work anon, that will for sure get a lot of people involved
and good god it will be a awesome.. just imagine taking down a dozen coins a day guys Smiley i will be sooooo sweet !

edit: i fixed lots of spelling mistakes ahhaha Smiley

I like what your suggesting.  Almost like a "deathpool"

yaboymarvo

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:11:04 PM

I honestly dont understand why yall hate altcoins so much. No one is forcing you to use them so why bother? Let others lose money,its their money so they can spend it however they like. I only see you guys doing this just for the lulz which is pretty shitty. Stay out of the altcoin section if you hate them so much.
yaboymarvo

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:18:42 PM

If this went through then im sure it will turn a lot of people off from crypto currency seeing as a group of basement dwellers can take down a coin making everyone lose money. This whole "project" will do more harm then good.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:00:10 PM

that does not solve anything there is still a wide range of negative effects..

scam coins make us all look bad and it makes bitcoin itself look bad and worth less too i think.

would you say that about elderly people being scammed ? they are vulnerable.. do you just say well fuck em who cares about em ?
as long as I MAKE MONEY i don't give a fuck who gets scammer or ripped off
and people who scam the elderly often get caught and face criminal punishment so why shouldn't coin scammers ?

try having a shred of decency maybe and think of others and not just your own selfish greed .

FUD first & ask questions later™
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:04:20 PM

scam coins make us all look bad and it makes bitcoin itself look bad and worth less too i think.

would you say that about elderly people being scammed ? they are vulnerable.. do you just say well fuck em who cares about em ?
and people who scam the elderly often get caught and face criminal punishment so why shouldn't coin scammers ?

try having a shred of decency maybe and think of others and not just your own selfish greed .

This is what the SEC is for, if you want regulation then go cry to Uncle Sam to do it to save Grandma. I personally don't want any form of regulation but if we're going to have it, better an army of licensed bureaucrats than a bunch of neckbeard monkeys sitting in front of their computer wearing a Guy Fawkes mask.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:05:42 PM

I love it how Spunknik is being owned time and again in under two paragraphs!

Shows the drivel he posts is complete and utter bollocks, and that he should be branded the resident Troll for his barely readable slabs of text!

I have him Ignored but had to comment as I keep seeing him quoted.

- Are we going to get organized ?
What we need like BCX suggested i think earlier is an attack pool or something that we could use anonymously.. for forking etc.
lets get doing it.. i don't have a web server or domains etc so we need someone that does to get a hold of BCX maybe and work it out.
Can you get a pool running for this anyone ? We need it to work anon, that will for sure get a lot of people involved
and good god it will be a awesome.. just imagine taking down a dozen coins a day guys Smiley i will be sooooo sweet !

edit: i fixed lots of spelling mistakes ahhaha Smiley

I like what your suggesting.  Almost like a "deathpool"

actually BCX posted the idea i think many pages back so credits to him Smiley

if a Free Market is what you want then a free market is what your going to get everyone.
if it's ok for you to post any clone coin pyramid scam no matter how scammy and no matter how obvious the premine and pump and dump intentions
then why shouldn't we have the FREE MARKET option / right of taking down some of these clones that are masked and paraded around as a so called "currency"
It's like hypocrites with Mt. Gox saying they want NO regulation etc but when their coins get taken they cried for the cops asap ..hypocrite morons caught in their bs.

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:11:10 PM

This is what the SEC is for, if you want regulation then go cry to Uncle Sam to do it to save Grandma. I personally don't want any form of regulation but if we're going to have it, better an army of licensed bureaucrats than a bunch of neckbeard monkeys sitting in front of their computer wearing a Guy Fawkes mask.

buckle up.. it's coming Wink

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/03/20/sec-gets-on-the-bitcoin-investigation-bandwagon/?tid=hpModule_a2e19bf4-86a3-11e2-9d71-f0feafdd1394

further more had you scam defenders been smart you could avoided the wrath of the community..
now you pissed us all off and the US gov so you have two enemies now plus all banks and payment processors like Paypal on earth pissed off at you lol
good job.. ya your smart lol ..turning allies and your own users into enemies is brilliant strategy smart guys lol

memecoin

Activity: 308

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:23:20 PM

@Spoetnik

What say you to my last post?

@Everyone

Please raise your hand if you have ever made BTC from a 'scam' coin, be it blatantly a scam or a coin created for the sole purpose of being dumped on an exchange. I expect to see most of your hands raised, including you Spoetnik. Let me guess, is it different this time around because it isn't Shake or Hazard the Internet Celebrity running the show?

Am I spamming? Report me!
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:44:27 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2014, 01:22:28 AM by Wipeout2097

@dexternax:
Ok, it's rubbish that newbies are to be disregarded, I'm sorry. I don't care about the way software forum qualifies people or when you decided to register,  every opinion is valid. But someone with an opinion to be listened to, is different from sock puppet accounts that are created to make pretend that some views have more support than others. I'm fed up of spam, sock puppets, manipulation. It's hard to know which is which sometimes, specially when their first posts are made in this thread.

However my point still stands; it is abusive to associate legitimate concerns about people being scammed in many ways, to attempts of extorsion just because someone made the post. If you want to bring such serious accusations (by picking one post and generalize it to everyone) which derail the remaining merit this thread still had, I challenge you to back them up.

Edit: if someone is here really concerned about other people, I suggest posting in the [ANN] subforum and alert/educate the ones that invest into IPO's/premine/scams, instead of fueling this flamefest.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
PhattyBanks

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:54:48 PM

how would the death pool work?
woetohice

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 12:19:37 AM

You are delusional.

No one in law enforcement is going to give a shit about what you call a "scam."  (Creating a coin based on a meme is a scam in your book, right?) 

I can just see it:  "Officer, arrest this man.  He created a coin that didn't add sufficient value to the community!"  LOL.

However, they understand extortion VERY well.

If they come, they will be coming for you and your extortionist buddies.

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 01:05:46 AM

Edit: if someone is here really concerned about other people, I suggest posting in the [ANN] subforum and alert/educate the ones that invest into IPO's/premine/scams, instead of fueling this flamefest.

This is the way people should go.

But there seems to be two problems. First off, the point to this group has little to do with cleaning out shitcoins. Otherwise, the threadstarter wouldn't have made his own shitcoins, supporters wouldn't have made shitcoins, and they would use a rational way of defining what a shitcoin/scam is.

But if we ignore that little fact, there is another problem.

While some people do go to the ann subforum and alert people,  that instead of rationality describing why a coin is scam or bad investment, they go into insane troll mode. They just yell out SCAM over and over. They attack any supporters with crazy arguments, when regular discussion would suffice. Their noise overwhelms real concerns, so I think in many cases people just ignore them.  Rather than educate, they mostly just annoy people.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:10:42 AM

You are delusional.

No one in law enforcement is going to give a shit about what you call a "scam."  (Creating a coin based on a meme is a scam in your book, right?) 

I can just see it:  "Officer, arrest this man.  He created a coin that didn't add sufficient value to the community!"  LOL.

However, they understand extortion VERY well.

If they come, they will be coming for you and your extortionist buddies.

Japan + Gox = Police.. yeah they care about fraud.. nice try though scam coin defender.
and yeah when a coin had no intention of being a currency from day 1 i'd have to say it's classic flash mine pump and dump scam just like Doge coin was planned for..

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:12:19 AM

@Spoetnik

What say you to my last post?

@Everyone

Please raise your hand if you have ever made BTC from a 'scam' coin, be it blatantly a scam or a coin created for the sole purpose of being dumped on an exchange. I expect to see most of your hands raised, including you Spoetnik. Let me guess, is it different this time around because it isn't Shake or Hazard the Internet Celebrity running the show?

answer even one of the questions i asked you.. i am still waiting scammer coward chicken shit
grow some balls lippy little pussy Wink

edit:
@poornamelessme
show me one crazy argument..
any of the ones i posted against scam coins have been very rational and thoughtful i think.
your game and your diversion is not working.. feel free to counter and address any assertion i have made ..if you have the balls that is Wink

the only crazy replies i see is from people like you and memescamscoin who think you have the right to scam people and rip them off.

PS: You don't.

edit2:
And i wasn't going to say anything but every time i come back here i see the same dipshit idiots posting...
BUMPING our topic for us and making sure everyone hears what i want them too ..thank you Smiley ..i mean your helping spread my message for me
and making yourselves look worse and worse as each page goes by.. a double win lol
ooooooh yeah your sooooooo smart lol
thanks for holding up my soap box for me geniuses  LOLOLOLOL @ YOU

Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: