Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:27:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open  (Read 176694 times)
GiorgosK

Activity: 478
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 09:51:42 AM

This operation has apparently backfired. There have been 49 altcoin launches in May so far: http://altcoinherald.com/altcoin-launch-calendar/

There are 15 more scheduled for launch. (There are probably more, we keep looking)

It looks like this month could end up with 120 or more launches if current trends continue. That's a lotta altcoins!  Grin

Well you can't really stop people from releasing them. This will only grow over time, I wonder when we will reach 1000 new coins per month. People have to run out of names one day, don't they?

When it reaches the tipping point, it will naturally be unprofitable to make a coin and the trend will wane away. Exchanges will put their foot down once tehy realize they are better off managing 30 coins rather than 700. So begins the competition of quality to fight for their spot on that list of 30, and thus paving the way for innovation to take priority. And then alll coins lived happily ever after Smiley

Its a good point
but only time will tell which ones will survive

BitBay - The Future of Free Markets  |  BCT thread  |  https://bitbay.market
Dynamic Peg  - Whitepaper out  -  Working implementation to be released soon
Web Markeplace coming Fall 2018

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:54:34 AM

This operation has apparently backfired. There have been 49 altcoin launches in May so far: http://altcoinherald.com/altcoin-launch-calendar/

There are 15 more scheduled for launch. (There are probably more, we keep looking)

It looks like this month could end up with 120 or more launches if current trends continue. That's a lotta altcoins!  Grin

Well you can't really stop people from releasing them. This will only grow over time, I wonder when we will reach 1000 new coins per month. People have to run out of names one day, don't they?

When it reaches the tipping point, it will naturally be unprofitable to make a coin and the trend will wane away. Exchanges will put their foot down once tehy realize they are better off managing 30 coins rather than 700. So begins the competition of quality to fight for their spot on that list of 30, and thus paving the way for innovation to take priority. And then alll coins lived happily ever after Smiley

Its a good point

quite true, the exchanges have a major role to play in this, they shouldnt be adding all the crap to the market

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 10:56:22 AM

Its a good point

quite true, the exchanges have a major role to play in this, they shouldnt be adding all the crap to the market

Saying that they play a role is an understatement.

The exchanges are cloning 90% of this junk !

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 12:02:31 PM

If exchanges were only limited to a certain amount of coins, this fight would have started already and we wouldn't be in this mess.

But that would be unnatural. It puts too much power in the hands of the exchanges. It has to be deemed unprofitable to manage so many coins. Only then will measures be taket to limit the coins. You cannot expect a money making business to stop what they are doing on ethical grounds. Another will come that will take "rejected" coins. It has to become unprofitable. That is the only way...
Too much power? This way the whole cryptocurrency market is being damaged by a ton of copy/scam coins. I can't expect it, but I can create it. If i was a owner/admin of such an exchange I'd implement some serious changes which would have positive effects for both sides. The problem is that there are no openings in the places that I want to participate in.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:49:19 AM

with only 49 coins launched , I call this a success.
I was expected around 200-300 a month this summer.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:51:19 AM

stop the premines and instamines and the new coins won't keep popping up.... it's pretty simple.

Create a fair launch protocol and crush coins that don't go by that.

Premines and ipo need to be held by escrow and released in a sensible way.

Instamines are the worst, they take pow miners chance away at easy coins and give them to the dev teams. With premines of 1% where there is no instamine the miners get a chance at some easy coins too.

First coin to kill should be drk - that scam just got way out of control. Probably the largest scam to ever hit this board. If future devs were allowed to pull that shit on every release you would see 10x more coins released.

Captive instamine bolstered by slashing minting down by 75% and now creating a pump where by you have to buy 1000drk to run the master nodes. I'll give their team one thing and that is they have run the PERFECT scam on this board.

The thing is nobody cares about scams really, they care about bolstering their crypto worth.

LaudaM here running off about new clones when he's one of the largest instaminers of drk makes me laugh. He is constantly pumping that scam on the board. If you want new coins stopped, you need to stop the dev scammers and take their incentive away from creating new coins daily.  If you're on board for stopping scams then stop pumping the largest scam on here.

I don't see many new shitclones trying to pull half the scam drk has. Well perhaps asiacoin original dev is up there with drk but not many others.

Kergekoin

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:18:10 PM

Majority of people are naive or do not care about Dark instamine because price goes up and hype is crazy high.
Same situation with Dreamcoin. All hail about its  zerocoin implementation possibility and price skyrockets. I have reason to believe that zerocoin will not be fully implemented in that coin any time soon. So im watching that topic with great interest. Soon those teenages will start to turn against eachother and, dev probalby abandons the coin like he did with hes previous coins and all will end up worse than blackcoin did.
Serious and more compicated coins which have great devs, suffer under lack of interest.
HBN, NOVA, WDC and couple of others. All have devs or dev team, who are extremely capable. MYR as well, but luckily MYR gets at least some attention.
My hope is that those coins which have capable devs will not abandon their work and all those X11 and some Scrypt junk coins will soon be forgotten.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 01:19:47 PM

Majority of people are naive or do not care about Dark instamine because price goes up and hype is crazy high.
Same situation with Dreamcoin. All hail about its  zerocoin implementation possibility and price skyrockets. I have reason to believe that zerocoin will not be fully implemented in that coin any time soon. So im watching that topic with great interest. Soon those teenages will start to turn against eachother and, dev probalby abandons the coin like he did with hes previous coins and all will end up worse than blackcoin did.
Serious and more compicated coins which have great devs, suffer under lack of interest.
HBN, NOVA, WDC and couple of others. All have devs or dev team, who are extremely capable. MYR as well, but luckily MYR gets at least some attention.
My hope is that those coins which have capable devs will not abandon their work and all those X11 and some Scrypt junk coins will soon be forgotten.

CMON ! NVC and that stinky craptsy admin posing as a hobocoin ?

How is HBN's pre-ANN instamine treating you and/or your friends ?

Don't forget to add the crazy high PoS interest !

Block 1 - 2013-07-24 04:36:29 UTC
http://hbn.blockx.info/block/0000031f60f7e757eae4ea0af682c9330d1e0dcb9354e98e2eaf3a3884730d52

Block 100 - 2013-07-24 04:42:12 UTC
http://hbn.blockx.info/block/0000044a8e81eb2dcb0501c3bc6d02dac2859398c9537bb716cfc89fbcc0706b

Block 1000 - 2013-07-24 05:19:02 UTC
http://hbn.blockx.info/block/00000011033940a5e63d741171e54fb44ed8ddf9494a3f209f56f56e1a60e449

Block 3000 - 2013-07-24 17:26:31 UTC
http://hbn.blockx.info/block/00000002d9bb92b5aa5d492607874efe37a0a31bb67d515287c3a76346017ea3

3000 blocks... 12 hours ... lol !

Is this the original ANN, dated Sept 27/2014, for HBN ? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0

Kergekoin

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:12:49 PM

Keeping premine and its use a secret is definately not a good thing. You have valid points there.
Im not against premine if the use of premine is transparent. Unlike Federal Reserve Bank, cryptocoins do not have money printing machines to put for good(or bad) use.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
iGotAIDS

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:58:31 PM

I wondered how long it would take for someone to mention HBN...it and quite a few of the other coins on Cryptsy are "in-house" developed and specifically designed to make the "Back Room" a bit of money. What's the "Back Room?" Oh, its a secret place where pool ops (DYoungII, AhmedBodi), cryptsy mods (Mullick, Horus-aka-JDTMP4), cryptsy admins (BitJohn/BigVern), and coindevs cloners (iGotSpots, Defaced, Muddafudda, r3wt, Blundertoe/Thudertoe, Shakezulu) hang out on Skype and plot scams.

HBN is a 100% example of the in-house scam coin from this team of ruthless cloners, interesting some of them started this thread! Other examples include: IFC (muddafudda), Franko (defaced), NAN (r3wt/muddafudda), AndroidTokens (Shakezulu, muddafudda, Mullick), BottleCaps (Shakezulu, Mullick, BitJohn-aka-JohnEden), Lucky7Coin (muddafudda), CopperBars/Spots (Shakezulu, Mullick, IGotSpots), TIX (Mullick, IGotSpots), the list goes on and on and on.
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:02:16 PM

I wondered how long it would take for someone to mention HBN...it and quite a few of the other coins on Cryptsy are "in-house" developed and specifically designed to make the "Back Room" a bit of money. What's the "Back Room?" Oh, its a secret place where pool ops (DYoungII, AhmedBodi), cryptsy mods (Mullick, Horus-aka-JDTMP4), cryptsy admins (BitJohn/BigVern), and coindevs cloners (iGotSpots, Defaced, Muddafudda, r3wt, Blundertoe/Thudertoe, Shakezulu) hang out on Skype and plot scams.

HBN is a 100% example of the in-house scam coin from this team of ruthless cloners, interesting some of them started this thread! Other examples include: IFC (muddafudda), Franko (defaced), NAN (r3wt/muddafudda), AndroidTokens (Shakezulu, muddafudda, Mullick), BottleCaps (Shakezulu, Mullick, BitJohn-aka-JohnEden), Lucky7Coin (muddafudda), CopperBars/Spots (Shakezulu, Mullick, IGotSpots), TIX (Mullick, IGotSpots), the list goes on and on and on.

lmao at ADT being on the list as its not run by any of those people as I am not them

iGotAIDS

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:05:48 PM

lmao at ADT being on the list as its not run by any of those people as I am not them

Yeeea, its pretty trivial to look up the history of ADT which was a 5LTC clone coin from Shakezulu made for Jagrapolite in the beginning. Fixed by muddafudda at one point, whined about by you endlessly. Just because you ended up as the biggest bag holder after someone "ran off with the premine," doesn't make it any less of an original Cryptsy In-House coin. I'll give you that 2.0 is NOT, and you're doing the right thing with trying to keep it afloat, I guess.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 06:39:50 PM

Silly Horus the scammin hobo... I thought it was you !

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310335.0

Nice to meet you IGotAIDS.

May I offer you an onion peel ? Grin

BitJohn

Activity: 826

@Bit_John

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:40:31 PM

Yeeea, its pretty trivial to look up the history of ADT which was a 5LTC clone coin from Shakezulu made for Jagrapolite in the beginning. Fixed by muddafudda at one point, whined about by you endlessly. Just because you ended up as the biggest bag holder after someone "ran off with the premine," doesn't make it any less of an original Cryptsy In-House coin. I'll give you that 2.0 is NOT, and you're doing the right thing with trying to keep it afloat, I guess.

I am very curious how anyone thinks ADT is a cryptsy in house coin..... I resisted adding ADT for a long time lost out to the people who wanted it and the supposed ledger system they came up with. Cryptsy doesn't make ANY coins Mullick used to fix coins for folks but that was on his own and before he worked in the company really. I have supported a few I liked. Beyond that we don't make coins wed' be super happy if folks would stop making the new ones......New coins cost money and require more maintenance.

Oh and FYI John Eden was a multiuser account used by numerous people and it belongs wholey to the new dev team. I was associated with the bottlecap foundation because I like FAIR coins. I also backed the Franko community another fair coin. I backed CASH another fair no premine coin.

All IGotSpots created coins were his 0 association.

HBN someone made for JD long before he worked for Cryptsy in fact he was more of a MCXnow hobo at the time.

Vern is in ZERO skype groups guy is way to busy to play coin games. In fact probably the hardest guy to get a hold of even if hes sitting next to you (Always tweaking the site)

I am in several Skype groups they mostly talk about non coin stuff or talk about the trolls and the insanity.

Take off your tinfoil hat.....
iGotAIDS

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:17:06 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 07:45:02 PM by iGotAIDS

I am very curious how anyone thinks ADT is a cryptsy in house coin..... I resisted adding ADT for a long time lost out to the people who wanted it and the supposed ledger system they came up with. Cryptsy doesn't make ANY coins Mullick used to fix coins for folks but that was on his own and before he worked in the company really. I have supported a few I liked. Beyond that we don't make coins wed' be super happy if folks would stop making the new ones......New coins cost money and require more maintenance.

Oh and FYI John Eden was a multiuser account used by numerous people and it belongs wholey to the new dev team. I was associated with the bottlecap foundation because I like FAIR coins. I also backed the Franko community another fair coin. I backed CASH another fair no premine coin.

All IGotSpots created coins were his 0 association.

HBN someone made for JD long before he worked for Cryptsy in fact he was more of a MCXnow hobo at the time.

Vern is in ZERO skype groups guy is way too busy fucking people over with to play coin games. In fact probably the hardest guy to get a hold of even if hes sitting next to you (Always tweaking the site) Fixed that for you...

I am in several Skype groups they mostly talk about non coin stuff or talk about the trolls and the insanity.

Take off your tinfoil hat.....

So, TIX wasn't cloned from YAC by Mullick while on staff at Cryptsy? Funny, I'd read and heard differently.

You may not know this, but I was in the trollbox the night that HBN was cloned and released on Cryptsy, and perhaps the timing of him working for you was off, but the point stands that your 'company' knowingly hires cloners and scammers.  I recall back in those days coins got listed faster on your site if the 'dev' would hang out in the trollbox and stroke your epeen. "Bottlecaps Foundation", ha, yea you, BigVern, Shakezulu, Mullick, and???

John Eden isn't your sockpuppet anymore?...heck.

Quote from: BitJohn link=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=215389.msg2267168#msg2267168
Heck I use coinchoose all the time but I read between the lines on the exchange that is showing the prices and attempt to make educated decisions on the topic.

For you new miners out there don't dump your coins immediately hold and sell at the going rates you will probably make double your profit. Some folks out there I know aren't even covering the electric bill.

I understand your skepticism heck you might not even like the coin or maybe you will. Why did we make it? For fun of course nothing more nothing less and we think we can do better than a good bunch of the ones people are trading now.

Speaking of 'heck', you sure this isn't you either:

But they were premined and heck Whitecoin is a MINT clone with very little changes.

Heck, (<--see the comma? Lack of their use in your grammar sort of gives your sockpuppets away) I'm glad you mentioned CASH, I think we could also add DIEM, BEN, AIDEN, and a few others to the list too, but then like I mentioned, it just goes on and on. Tinfoil hat or not, Cryptsy is absolutely involved in insider dealing and trading, money manipulation, and straight out scamming people out of money. The fact that you come and support shill for ANY coins while being someone who holds power over if they get listed or not is a CONFLICT OF INTEREST. While you may be laughing all the way to the bank now, the house of cards will eventually come tumbling down. Where's Spoetnik when you need him?
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 08:02:04 PM

I wonder if BitJohn remembers the day last year when I/we had to spell out what i-n-s-i-d-e-r t-r-a-d-i-n-g was, while IFC and others were being massively pumped n dumped ?

Or how about all those times he looked the other way as Horus, aka. the stinky scammin hobo, berated and abused the clientelle ?

omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:46:18 PM

way too many coins out. it will stop soon
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 08:48:27 PM

I wonder if BitJohn remembers the day last year when I/we had to spell out what i-n-s-i-d-e-r t-r-a-d-i-n-g was, while IFC and others were being massively pumped n dumped ?

Or how about all those times he looked the other way as Horus, aka. the stinky scammin hobo, berated and abused the clientelle ?
Hate the game, not the player.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 09:02:47 PM

Hate the game, not the player.

Plz do not mistake my, lame joke descriptive ways for hate. Smiley I tend to get that way when the truth(s), regardless of topic, become known. xD

Love the game. TROLL THE CHEATERS !! FTW !!

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 10:49:49 PM

It looks like darkcoin may end up on this list!
Ive been reading about the instamine and never realised how significant it was.

That and lest we forget, Bitcoin was suppose to be anonymous .. decentralized .. and free.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560138.0

Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: