Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:06:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bisq - Exchange, Decentralized.  (Read 2546 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
layer1gfx (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1109

Graphic Design & Translation - BTC accepted here!

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2020, 08:13:23 AM
Last edit: December 06, 2023, 02:48:38 AM by layer1gfx
Merited by OmegaStarScream (10), DireWolfM14 (2), ABCbits (1), 1miau (1), m2017 (1), IconFirm (1), TheAndy500 (1)

Bisq - Exchange, Decentralized.

Bisq is an open-source, peer-to-peer application that allows you
to buy and sell cryptocurrencies in exchange for national currencies.
No registration required.

Downloads

Current Version: 1.9.14 | Link: https://bisq.network/downloads/

See Getting Started with Bisq for instructions on how to complete your first trade.

Bisq Mobile Notifications
Stay up-to-date on your trades and receive notifications on your mobile phone.

Get it on Google Play   Get it on the App Store

Bisq version 0.8.0 or higher is required to receive mobile notifications.

Features

No Identity Verification
Instantly Accessible. No need for registration or approval from a central authority.

Decentralized
Trading takes place on a global P2P network of users running Bisq on their own machines.

Safe
Bisq never holds your funds. Security deposits and multisig trade wallets encourage safe, successful trades.

Private
No one except trading partners exchange personally identifying data. All personal data is stored locally.

Open Source
Code is open source, and project strategy is discussed openly on Keybase and GitHub.

Easy to Use
We've made all this sophistication simple—make your first trade in under 10 minutes!

The Bisq DAO
Decentralized governance for a decentralized exchange.
Learn more here.

How to Get Started

With Bisq, you can start trading in less than 10 minutes:

1.    Download the app, or build it from source.
2.    Add your national or crypto currency accounts.
3.    Create new offer or take an existing one.
4.    Follow the user interface to finalize the trade.

Join the Community

Bisq is always looking for highly-skilled developers, designers and security experts to join our community.
If you’re interested in helping make Bisq better, there are many ways to contribute.
We’d love to hear from you!

Our roadmap provides an overview of Bisq's high-level features and milestones.

GitHub: @bisq-network on GitHub
Keybase: Bisq on Keybase
Twitter: @bisq-network
YouTube: Bisq YouTube channel
Forum: Bisq Forum
Mailing-list: Bisq Contributor mailing list
IRC: #bisq on Freenode IRC
Reddit: r/Bisq Subreddit

Disclaimer:
This post has been created by layer1gfx for the sole purpose to have an informative thread about the decentralized exchange Bisq and to encourage the bitcointalk forum members to join the Bisq Community. All content is taken from the official website bisq.network and used for informational purpose only.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
layer1gfx (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2020, 08:17:45 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2020, 01:04:35 PM by layer1gfx

Reserved for further announcements.
layer1gfx (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2020, 10:45:34 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2020, 01:04:54 PM by layer1gfx

Here is an interesting summary of the year 2019 and some major achievements the Bisq project accomplished so far.

A look back at 2019 and a look forward at 2020. Join us as we look back at the exceptional progress Bisq made in 2019, analyze where Bisq is now, and plan for its future.

This call is particularly important for current contributors, prospective contributors, and stakeholders—it details a number of key organizational changes (effective immediately) that affect day-to-day work, compensation, and priorities.

You can watch the video call on youtube: https://youtu.be/oImSdIAsywA

This blog article is also explaining what we could expect in 2020 and lists the next steps on the roadmap.

Bisq Q1 2020 Update: Goals and Reorganization
layer1gfx (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2020, 01:04:01 PM

Thanks to the concerted efforts of our community members in the current market-making campaign Bisq is now seeing some serious trading activity on the BTC/USD market:

It's a lively night on the Bisq network, especially in BTC/USD.

There's a whole WALL of offers that will **get you signed** so you can finally trade >0.01 BTC.

Take advantage!

blurryeyed

Activity: 670
Merit: 120

TIME TO BAN THE YOBIT SCAM!!

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2020, 07:18:32 PM

Congrats on the new ANN page! Been using Bisq for nearly a year now & can't fault it.

This is the future of exchanges - the beginning of the end for scammy centralized exchanges - great work!

GameCredits Unofficial: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5254720.0   Funniest/stupidest shit list thread ever:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1064824.msg20344174#msg20344174 - The ultimate example of trust abuse by exposed scammer craslovell...
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
March 09, 2020, 09:45:52 PM

It's very good that someone finally created a Bisq announcement thread! The community of this decentralized exchange should increase in order to increase the volume on this exchange. It meets all the most important features for exchange, but unfortunately liquidity makes me rarely use it. I hope this thread will improve this situation!

layer1gfx (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2020, 07:31:37 AM

Congrats on the new ANN page! Been using Bisq for nearly a year now & can't fault it.

This is the future of exchanges - the beginning of the end for scammy centralized exchanges - great work!

thanks, i will keep this thread updated on a regular basis.

for more information on other social media feel free to join the official Bisq channels:

GitHub: @bisq-network on GitHub
Keybase: Bisq on Keybase
Twitter: @bisq-network
YouTube: Bisq YouTube channel
Forum: Bisq Forum
Mailing-list: Bisq Contributor mailing list
IRC: #bisq on Freenode IRC
Reddit: r/Bisq Subreddit

layer1gfx (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2020, 07:42:07 AM

It's very good that someone finally created a Bisq announcement thread! The community of this decentralized exchange should increase in order to increase the volume on this exchange. It meets all the most important features for exchange, but unfortunately liquidity makes me rarely use it. I hope this thread will improve this situation!

thanks for your reply (and also for a merit), i appreciate this.
liquidity is a crucial issue and the community is working with more strategies to improve it.
great things are happening right now.

last week:

targets for this week -->
1000 offers going online through thursday
200 trades completed

results -->
762 offers went online
129 trades completed

05 march 2020
Market          Volume  # trades
AUD                0.03    3
BRL                0.145    3
BSQ                1.3223    13
CAD                0.0985    3
CHF                0.05    1
DASH            2    1
ETC                0.023    1
ETH                0.035    2
EUR                1.6414    38
GBP                0.2646    7
LTC                0.025    2
USD                1.2121    48
XMR                4.9722    7
Total           11.8191    129

this week we'll focus more on trading, setting up payment accounts and making/taking offers.

apparently, bisq averaged 100 trades per day in february 2020 for the first time ever.  Cool
layer1gfx (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2020, 07:46:42 AM

please note, the Bitcoin2020 conference, where Bisq will participate is now delayed to Q3 due to the ongoing global corona virus situation.
Full details can be found in this article: https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/postponed-bitcoin-2020-is-moving-to-q3-2020

https://twitter.com/bitcoin2020conf/status/1236011758546046977?s=19

TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
March 10, 2020, 01:55:04 PM

apparently, bisq averaged 100 trades per day in february 2020 for the first time ever.  Cool

100 trades  Cheesy

Unfortunately, this result is probably small even for a small centralized exchange Smiley

People need to understand and, above all, learn what decentralized exchange is.

I think that it is fear of something new and not understanding how this whole system works, that inexperienced users are afraid of DEX exchanges. Experienced users do not use them because of low liquidiy. I want to say that educating people is needed as first, to improve liquidity, and the volume will increase over time.

coupable

Activity: 2338
Merit: 757

View Profile
March 10, 2020, 11:57:34 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2020, 12:08:17 AM by coupable

I have just noticed this thread. Good to see Bisq have a bitcointalk channel, and congratulations for reaching the 100 trades per day. Maybe the team need to focus more in promotion as i guess more users prefer decentralisation than centralised exchanges.
I used Bisq few times during the last months and i can confirm that the platfortm is well designed and works fine. It is one of the best actual few decentralised exchanges.

please note, the Bitcoin2020 conference, where Bisq will participate is now delayed to Q3 due to the ongoing global corona virus situation.
Full details can be found in this article: https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/postponed-bitcoin-2020-is-moving-to-q3-2020
Great decision. Thank you for sharing this.

I want to say that educating people is needed as first, to improve liquidity, and the volume will increase over time.
Do you really think it's Bisq responsability or priority !?
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2020, 02:16:03 PM

An ANN page for Bisq at last - great! This is well over due.

I've been using Bisq since long ago when it was previously called Bitsquare. I lost faith/trust in all centralised exchanges long ago & only used localbitcoins for trading up until when they required the dreaded KYC - that killed it for me, but as there was no other exchange that I trusted I was stuck with it. Then I discovered Bisq (or Bitsquare as it was called then) & I've been using it ever since without a hitch, as well as recommending it to anyone who asks. The amount of development going on behind the scenes on github is astounding with constant improvements being made to the platform - it seems every time I fire it up there's a new & improved update - great stuff indeed.

Swearing never to use a centralised exchange again wasn't easy, but now that Bisq are going mainstream at last with this ANN, there's no excuse for anyone to use a centralised exchange again. It might seem strange to use for the first few times to those who are used to centralised exchanges but believe me, once you get used to it you'll never use a centralised exchange again. No bots, no scams, you're in control of your coins on your machine & no KYC shit to deal with. What's not to like?

Game changer. Keep up the great work all those at Bisq.

Edit: I do have one concern - the amount of shitcoins that are finding their way onto Bisq. I know they get delisted if there's no trading, but what's the point of listing so many of them in the first place? 99% of them are worthless scams anyway.....lol

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
layer1gfx (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2020, 12:21:18 PM

... just saw this on twitter, apparently for US Americans and Canadians USPS money orders might be one attractive way to buy bitcoin.

check out this tweet and the discussion to get the idea behind it.

Deal alert, USD buyers.

0.0623 BTC up for sale at 0% spread.

That's 6,230,000 sats for $352.

via US Postal Money Order:
- no account signing required
- no bank suspicion risk
- no chargeback risk

If you haven't tried USPS money orders yet, they're a breath of fresh air.

FYI, USPS money order is actually the 2nd-most common form of payment on Bisq for USD

regarding the new version 1.2.8. check this tweet:
fyi -- there was an issue with bitcoin node detection in today's v1.2.8 release,
so we've recalled v1.2.8 and will release v1.2.9 soon to fix.

if you're not having any issues with v1.2.8, feel free to carry on using it.
Myleschetty

Activity: 1155
Merit: 77

View Profile
March 13, 2020, 04:29:18 PM

Read that this decentralized exchange supported national fiat currencies. Could you provide me the list and does the exchange support bank transfer (i mean if i sell my crypto for fiat on there will i be able to withdraw the fiat into my bank account)?
layer1gfx (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2020, 09:16:02 AM

Read that this decentralized exchange supported national fiat currencies. Could you provide me the list and does the exchange support bank transfer (i mean if i sell my crypto for fiat on there will i be able to withdraw the fiat into my bank account)?

hi, not sure what country are you from?

you can first check on the Bisq website if your fiat currency is supported:
https://bisq.network/markets/

in general, you can sell your crypto for fiat, another person on Bisq is buying from you and pays for it into your bank account, and after the money arrived you send the bitcoins.
it all depends on your bank and your country/fiat currency. many countries and banks or payment services are supported. so you may be able to receive payments.
Myleschetty

Activity: 1155
Merit: 77

View Profile
March 14, 2020, 12:52:16 PM

in general, you can sell your crypto for fiat, another person on Bisq is buying from you and pays for it into your bank account, and after the money arrived you send the bitcoins.
it all depends on your bank and your country/fiat currency. many countries and banks or payment services are supported. so you may be able to receive payments.
Ok but despite the exchange is said to be decentralized, i dont feel quite easy with the part of trading with another person which may somehow have my bank information or that not how it works?
layer1gfx (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2020, 01:12:51 PM

Ok but despite the exchange is said to be decentralized, i dont feel quite easy with the part of trading with another person which may somehow have my bank information or that not how it works?

of course, your trading partner needs some bank details to send you money to your bank.
there are also other ways to receive money, maybe one of those is more suitable: https://bisq.network/faq/#supported-payment-methods
here is also a doc about this topic: https://docs.bisq.network/payment-methods

i suggest to read the FAQs and the documentation first, then maybe join the Bisq forum or keybase channel to ask more questions, on keybase is a #support sub channel where some volunteers could answer it.
blurryeyed

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2020, 05:16:46 PM

Does anyone know if it's possible to start the client specifying a different location for the user data?  I'd like to use a different location than the standard C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Bisq in windoze.

Thanks.

GameCredits Unofficial: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5254720.0   Funniest/stupidest shit list thread ever:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1064824.msg20344174#msg20344174 - The ultimate example of trust abuse by exposed scammer craslovell...
layer1gfx (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2020, 06:13:28 PM

Does anyone know if it's possible to start the client specifying a different location for the user data?  I'd like to use a different location than the standard C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Bisq in windoze.

Thanks.

hi, i am not 100% if you can do that but it sounds not too much of an unusual thing someone might want to try.
i suggest to maybe search the Bisq forum or join the keybase channel to ask more questions, as mentioned above on keybase is a #support sub-channel where some volunteers could answer your questions. when i had more specific questions or problems it was always the best place to go and ask.
blurryeyed

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2020, 01:11:06 PM

Does anyone know if it's possible to start the client specifying a different location for the user data?  I'd like to use a different location than the standard C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Bisq in windoze.

Thanks.

hi, i am not 100% if you can do that but it sounds not too much of an unusual thing someone might want to try.
i suggest to maybe search the Bisq forum or join the keybase channel to ask more questions, as mentioned above on keybase is a #support sub-channel where some volunteers could answer your questions. when i had more specific questions or problems it was always the best place to go and ask.

Hi layer1gfx, thanks for the answer. I searched through the forums but didn't find anything relating to it, I should probably join the forum & ask. Keybase won't load for me, probably due to my security settings, but I'd rather not lower them so will try the forum as I said.

Thanks anyway.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: