Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 10:51:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why privacy matters  (Read 3733 times)
Ladysmith

Activity: 179
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 09:43:34 PM

This is why we use listing companies like Bitquick (https://www.bitquick.co/) or LocalBitcoins (https://localbitcoins.com/)... so that the exchanging is done in private, yet is protected by escrow from the listing company.

Cool

https://www.virieproject.com/ lets you actually buy and sell goods and services in private with a built-in escrow system.  Wink
peter0425

Activity: 2702
Merit: 447

View Profile
June 09, 2020, 05:32:53 AM

Oh, I don’t know about this, but I found out that they had their own fan site https://utopia.fans/ , maybe there users know more about further plans for the development of the application. I am more than sure that the creator of the site will definitely be the biggest fan of the application.

Fan site?lol is this how they really serious in this matter?

all forms of self-identity are of course very important. and dangerous if someone is misusing data for negative actions.
Yes, it seems to me that this indicates the imminent appearance of a mobile application. Probably, the developers have already debugged the application, and decided to withdraw the coin on crypto-exchanges. Waiting for updates.

I didn't thought about it from that side. Maybe you're right and it's one more step to the mobile application. But on the other hand, imagine, how much do they have to pay in order to add the coin on several trading platforms and exchanges.. So maybe you're mistaken..

In that way,they can prove about their legitimacy,spending money to be added in legit platform is one way attracting investors and users.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Sethrey (OP)

Activity: 916
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 12:52:49 PM

all forms of self-identity are of course very important. and dangerous if someone is misusing data for negative actions.
Yes, it seems to me that this indicates the imminent appearance of a mobile application. Probably, the developers have already debugged the application, and decided to withdraw the coin on crypto-exchanges. Waiting for updates.

I didn't thought about it from that side. Maybe you're right and it's one more step to the mobile application. But on the other hand, imagine, how much do they have to pay in order to add the coin on several trading platforms and exchanges.. So maybe you're mistaken..

In that way,they can prove about their legitimacy,spending money to be added in legit platform is one way attracting investors and users.
[/quote]

If you hadn't seen, it was already added to a trading platform officially. And the second thing is that no investors are needed there. As the soft is absolutely self-financed, no one is needed to make it alive. It will live on its own, until it will have active users. And even now it's already more than 100k of them.
Starkick

Activity: 588
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 15, 2020, 09:27:26 AM

The problem was in my PC, you're right .. now everything works fine, I communicate with other users, I have mining enabled and this does not affect the speed of work

Is there any possibilities for withdrawal? As I didn't see the coin on the market even now. And as I know, the app is working for 6 months already, or even more.. So it's interesting what do developers think about.
Well, in general, I found information on the forums that there are special chats where you can find users who can exchange crypto. But to be honest, I haven’t been looking for anything yet ... I want to save up a little

On the whole, before you hold, you have to get sure you could withdraw it. In other case it loses any sense. So I think I'll spent some time browsing channels in order to find the exchangers and ask for reviews of those who already used their service. Thanks for the info.

You're right we'd like to require an honest check out the location before exchanging. Hackers can easily gain access to everything if privacy isn't a really important issue when it involves working in crypto this is often why users should benefit research before saving.

Well, yes, as far as I know, this project was created by developers for a very long time and was tested for quite some time, so I can say that this is not very similar to the search for investors.
greenlanternlight01
Copper Member

Activity: 252
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 16, 2020, 11:46:10 AM

Dear bitcointalkers, does privacy matters for you? When I started to trade btc I was sure it will always remain anonymous, but nowadays more and more exchangers ask for some identification documents for some reason. I decided to check what happens with other spheres and found that article https://hackernoon.com/why-privacy-matters-and-how-to-stop-online-harassment-q174930dm

It's really important for me to be safe online due to the several reasons. As I make payments and run the business. I don't want anyone know all the information about me.

So let's share which apps do you use for browsing, messaging, emailing, etc. Maybe you can also offer good VPN (I don't really believe them, but anyway)

Let's help each other to save our personal information.

Everyone of us needs some privacy at some part of our lives specially when getting old. From life issues and specially online transactions, we need a privacy given the situation now in the online world

Sethrey (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2020, 01:37:08 PM

Everyone of us needs some privacy at some part of our lives specially when getting old. From life issues and specially online transactions, we need a privacy given the situation now in the online world

So have you checked Utopia p2p? It seems to be the most secured now. And I've read that more than 100 000 active users are participating there. It's not very useful to run a business there as all your customers should have to install the soft. But it's quite nice as a new social media.
KiloFoxtrot
Copper Member

Activity: 98
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 18, 2020, 05:17:32 PM

Dear bitcointalkers, does privacy matters for you? When I started to trade btc I was sure it will always remain anonymous, but nowadays more and more exchangers ask for some identification documents for some reason. I decided to check what happens with other spheres and found that article https://hackernoon.com/why-privacy-matters-and-how-to-stop-online-harassment-q174930dm

It's really important for me to be safe online due to the several reasons. As I make payments and run the business. I don't want anyone know all the information about me.

So let's share which apps do you use for browsing, messaging, emailing, etc. Maybe you can also offer good VPN (I don't really believe them, but anyway)

Let's help each other to save our personal information.

I would generally tend to agree, in principle.

All centralized exchanges require you to complete KYC due to legal reason, to prevent money washing. It's ok if they only use our personal information for verifying and only provide our information to legal departments when they are required. But by some way, i many times see exchange user information are sell, it's such a big problem.

And you've got a valid point also re: the need to provide and pass KYC requirements. But still, the possible abuse of our information is what the OP is basically concerned with, is totally understandable under the circumstances mentioned.

Starkick

View Profile
June 22, 2020, 02:57:04 PM

Well, as far as I know, the exchange of money inside the Utopia p2p application occurs absolutely anonymously, also at a very favorable rate.
Sethrey (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2020, 03:19:13 PM

Well, as far as I know, the exchange of money inside the Utopia p2p application occurs absolutely anonymously, also at a very favorable rate.

Sure as you don't fill in any personal info during the registration. And as its a separate network, you simply can't be found anyhow, even by ip or something. The only way to lose your anonymity there is to type all your data in a public channel Smiley
Starkick

View Profile
June 29, 2020, 01:23:08 PM

Sure as you don't fill in any personal info during the registration. And as its a separate network, you simply can't be found anyhow, even by ip or something. The only way to lose your anonymity there is to type all your data in a public channel Smiley

Well, I hope no one makes such mistakes! Because this is a pretty funny mistake. Grin
Code_Knightly

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2020, 04:09:54 PM

Security is number #1 in my books. I tend not to stray from well-known software nor do I bother filling in a form field or clicking around on web applications that seem less savory.

My three basic steps for security
- Keep all software up to date as well as your anti-virus! Even MS defenders is an okay choice if things are updated
- Never use the same credentials for all your accounts obvs
- Trust no one and for that matter no file either! Even websites that seem good may be a risk to data breaches leaking your information out.
- Is it worth giving away your information to a site you might only use once or twice Smiley
- Do research before anything!!

It's not much of a list and it's simple enough that my grandparents could follow so im hoping that someone might find this useful and if more people like it we can make a more in-depth version

Peace all
Sethrey (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2020, 12:04:15 PM

Well, I hope no one makes such mistakes! Because this is a pretty funny mistake. Grin

For some people it's okay. They will use the most secured network not even knowing what security is Smiley Many have no idea about data collection by big corporations and which money do they make on it. I prefer to keep my data safe, so happy to have such an app for that.
Virtual Systems

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 03, 2020, 02:30:46 PM

I use Opera as a browser, as there is a build-in VPN. For my phone, I use VPN Proxy Master. It's not turned on all the time, but I know I can be tracked. So I have no photos with my personal data and also there is a webcam cover privacy protection on my laptop.
numpadxx5

Activity: 431
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2020, 11:42:34 AM

I use Opera as a browser, as there is a build-in VPN. For my phone, I use VPN Proxy Master. It's not turned on all the time, but I know I can be tracked. So I have no photos with my personal data and also there is a webcam cover privacy protection on my laptop.
I also use vpn to hide my ip location, i use http injector and psiphon pro. I don't like exchange using kyc to verify account because giving your identity that easily can be use as identify theft.
Renampun

Activity: 2352
Merit: 365

www.Artemis.co

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2020, 12:36:56 PM

I also use vpn to hide my ip location, i use http injector and psiphon pro. I don't like exchange using kyc to verify account because giving your identity that easily can be use as identify theft.
I use the Tor browser...
Tor network is famous for its ability to hide user data, but sometimes opening several sites is very difficult with Tor network, especially sites that use Captcha.

..A R T E M I S..|
▀▄▀ PRESALE IS NOW LIVE! VISIT THE WEBSITE ▀▄▀
|📌 TWITTER
📌 YOUTUBE
📌 TELEGRAM
|
Starkick

View Profile
July 06, 2020, 03:02:04 PM

For some people it's okay. They will use the most secured network not even knowing what security is Smiley Many have no idea about data collection by big corporations and which money do they make on it. I prefer to keep my data safe, so happy to have such an app for that.
YES, that’s absolutely correct. After all, the name access to some kind of inbox, a hacker can bring a lot of problems to a simple us
Sethrey (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2020, 01:32:10 PM

I use the Tor browser...
Tor network is famous for its ability to hide user data, but sometimes opening several sites is very difficult with Tor network, especially sites that use Captcha.

You use only Tor and do everything there? What about all the google projects, social media? I felt in love with Utopia as it includes everything and looks as a secured Facebook for me. But with email, mining and browser also. I think it's the best way out now for those, who cares about privacy.
Elite70
Copper Member

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 08, 2020, 03:37:36 PM

Would you like others to see what's inside your underwear? I believe you don't like that. All of us needs privacy in our life.
Starkick

View Profile
July 13, 2020, 02:37:11 PM

Would you like others to see what's inside your underwear? I believe you don't like that. All of us needs privacy in our life.
Oh come on. Everyone understands the importance of privacy in the life of a modern Internet user. That is why it is so important to pay attention to truly worthy applications that guarantee this security.
Sethrey (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 09:28:08 AM

Sounds great! These words can also explain my opinion on a closed source code. It became so popular to run all the new apps with an open source, but 1st - it's hard to monetize, 2nd - your idea can be stolen by the more experienced team, which will develop a better project and all your work will be simply ruined.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: