Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:45:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why privacy matters  (Read 3731 times)
Witchlist

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2021, 02:14:43 PM

I don't want others to know what i like and deslike that creates conflict very easily.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remsjack

Activity: 313
Merit: 121

Vires in numeris

View Profile
June 20, 2021, 07:57:56 PM

Privacy is necessary to be yourself, truly yourself. If you know someone is watching, or if you think that someone could be watching, you won't act the same.
Chato1977

Activity: 1148
Merit: 58

View Profile
June 21, 2021, 09:29:44 AM

I don't want others to know what i like and deslike that creates conflict very easily.
it is not even about the conflict but our things to be broadcast with others.

and also our personal things belongs to us and for nothing .

Privacy is necessary to be yourself, truly yourself. If you know someone is watching, or if you think that someone could be watching, you won't act the same.
Yeah you got it right there mate , we will never act the same anymore because we will consider them to please.
Love3angle

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 21, 2021, 10:26:52 AM

Localbitcoins is a shit. Their politics now force all the users to upload the id documents. Even if you want to make a small deal for 20$ you have to upload the documents and prove it is you.

What concerns Telegram, it's been a long time I don't believe in it. So many data leaks and no one is gonna improve the  soft. If you give your phone number, be ready to be tracked.

lol where did localbitcoins came in between. But yea KYC sucks especially in crypto space.
Sethrey (OP)

Activity: 916
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 07:41:08 AM

lol where did localbitcoins came in between. But yea KYC sucks especially in crypto space.
I've just told a single example, that's it. The same situation is happening to many other services connected to the crypto world. If you want to deal with your coins - please provide your personal data. And what if I prefer to remain anonymous?
Starkick

Activity: 588
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 10:03:09 AM

Then the number of options for mining is rapidly decreasing =) On the other hand, the choice becomes easier and clearer.
tyr0699

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 01:26:02 PM

Privacy is a big problem in all aspects of using the internet or anything that is related, you are being tracked even when you are speaking near a smartphone, I and my friends did an experiment a few years back, we start speaking about apples with our phones on the table, that check the google search on our phone, the first suggestion was apples... for all of us, I just hope that decentralized blockchain technology  will get more accessible for the end-user, so at least our data stat is stored on the internet would be safer, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5344159.msg57244363#msg57244363 these guys are doing something that could change the game a bit in the future, just hope that more will follow
boyptc

Activity: 2982
Merit: 678

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 01:56:23 PM

I've just told a single example, that's it. The same situation is happening to many other services connected to the crypto world. If you want to deal with your coins - please provide your personal data. And what if I prefer to remain anonymous?
That's the sad reality.

Exchanges before that don't ask for KYC started to ask KYC because they were forced by the government.

It's now a good memory that when a lot of exchanges don't force its users to comply to KYC. But still, there are good exchanges that don't enforce it.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
MainJade

Activity: 44

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 06:58:35 PM

All centralized exchanges require you to complete KYC due to legal reason

Yes that sucks
Sethrey (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2021, 01:46:37 PM

It's now a good memory that when a lot of exchanges don't force its users to comply to KYC. But still, there are good exchanges that don't enforce it.

That's why I believe Utopia P2P https://u.is/ created their own exchange inside of their software. For now, it's just a beginning, but it really works fast and well. I believe it's also a kind of a future as I've already faced a number of problems with big trading platforms. And here everything is absolutely anonymous.
KarmaIsme

Activity: 48

View Profile
June 23, 2021, 02:32:14 PM

Privacy is very necessary but as the day passes gov is taking more control of our privacy it'll for sure be like it's shown in Movies

*Project Genocidal Organ
*Anon
Starkick

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 08:24:54 AM

That's why I want to look for more reliable and independent applications. Those that do not depend on the state, for example. Therefore, independent and non-commercial Utopia p2p -type applications are probably the best solution.
KingofVayne

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 08:37:30 AM

KYC in crypto exchanges and gambling websites sucks.

RIP privacy
KillBalls2

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 30, 2021, 12:17:40 PM

what makes you think it does not?
Sethrey (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2021, 10:38:49 AM

That's why I want to look for more reliable and independent applications. Those that do not depend on the state, for example. Therefore, independent and non-commercial Utopia p2p -type applications are probably the best solution.
Agree. At least they try to provide as much privacy as possible. While many others can only give promises and do nothing. It's hard to check if something is really secured or not until you try it.
Starkick

View Profile
July 06, 2021, 11:30:53 AM

After all, there has already been a similar situation in history. For example, when bitcoin appeared and the entire community reacted to it with skepticism. What about now?
Sethrey (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2021, 09:22:07 AM

After all, there has already been a similar situation in history. For example, when bitcoin appeared and the entire community reacted to it with skepticism. What about now?
I won't compare anything to Bitcoin Smiley As I'm sure, Bitcoin will always remain a top currency. And from new ones, green crypto needs more attention. Such as CRP, which doesn't require anything except internet connection for mining.
Jazzi Mahesh

Activity: 99

View Profile
July 07, 2021, 06:10:56 PM

I would prefer to trade with the Forex Market and I am happy with its earning.
Starkick

View Profile
July 13, 2021, 12:06:33 PM

I won't compare anything to Bitcoin Smiley As I'm sure, Bitcoin will always remain a top currency. And from new ones, green crypto needs more attention. Such as CRP, which doesn't require anything except internet connection for mining.
I am sure that within a few years the popularity of green coins will only grow. Therefore, yes, it is worth paying attention to developing and promising projects in order to benefit from it later.
bitterguy28

Activity: 1988
Merit: 175

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2021, 07:43:46 AM

I would prefer to trade with the Forex Market and I am happy with its earning.
Then why are you here?if you are still lingering here then best to get out of this forum .

Sorry but what is the connection of people skepticism and the Privacy topic? looks like you don't know where you posting and in what topic/thread?

All centralized exchanges require you to complete KYC due to legal reason

Yes that sucks
Then why use centralized exchange when there are lots of decentralize to choose?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: