Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:20:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I 'delete' useless tokens from my wallet?  (Read 4890 times)
Zemomtum

Activity: 1316
Merit: 104

CitizenFinance.io

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 11:49:42 PM

Just leave them as they cause no harm than wasting your gas fee on a dead token. Not all projects are here for real, most of them are scams, dump on investors without developing any actual product

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ahyadinnn

Activity: 1554
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 12:02:38 AM

Just leave them as they cause no harm than wasting your gas fee on a dead token. Not all projects are here for real, most of them are scams, dump on investors without developing any actual product
I also always let tokens that have no price, but sometimes there are also tokens that have not been in the market but the team is still active, so don't ever throw away your tokens, who knows that tokens will later have a value in the future if the project team is still active
Vitalicus

Activity: 467
Merit: 100

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 07:13:42 AM

Yes! you can by sending them to unknown addresses but as you can see, this method requires you to pay some transaction fees. this is the only method that works. But keeping them in your wallet would be a good idea cause what if their developers will continue the project 5-10 years by now? that would make the price of their dead token pump and what if their price became like the other top altcoins in the market? and you have a huge amount of it. that would make you a millionaire in no time. If you are annoyed by looking at the huge list of shit coins in your wallet, better to make a new one and preserved that old wallet maybe you can just open it once every 6 months to check.
LOL, it's funny that you believe the "dead" token teams would continue their projects sometime in the future. It's good to be positive but sometime we need to look at the truth. No offend but cryptocurrency market has a lot of scam and that's what we need to accept. The more profits, the more risk you have to face! I'm a perfectionist so it's so annoyed to look at a huge list of shit coins but what else can we do? LOL :>

Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 09:21:20 AM

As far as I know you can use some custom wallet and add the contract code of only the coins which you wanna view . This way other coins won't be visible in your wallet.

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
Byakuga

Activity: 518
Merit: 28

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 09:24:26 AM

If they are tokens and not coins you can delete their contact address so they won't display in your wallet interface, only add tokens you want on the interface, wallets like coinomi and trust wallet get the job done easily

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
brrzzz

Activity: 365
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 01:48:03 PM

I think they do not interfere much (I personally do not), and life is full of surprises, everything is possible, and once you open your wallet you will be surprised at the amount.
totoy4741

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 02:17:37 PM

I don't think that you would be able to delete them in your wallet permanently unless you send to into another wallet address and waste gas to cover up for trasanctions fees. If you don't them to see you can always have another wallet but don't just forget the old one cause you never know, one of those useless tokens might have an epic comeback and give you profitable rewards who have never gotten from any other tokens you have.
Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 02:54:58 PM

for me it is not a problem, I better keep it in my wallet to be a memory,
it is a little painful but after all it is the result of our hard work  Cheesy

Greatdev

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 03:01:23 PM

You can't really get rid of useless tokens from your wallet completely, as in 100% but you can do one of these two options

1. Send the worthless tokens to unknown eth address that you have no control over

2. Remove the contract address manually so that the tokens won't show again on your wallet unless you track your address with etherscan

ElmedoRator

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 03:01:38 PM

for me it is not a problem, I better keep it in my wallet to be a memory,
it is a little painful but after all it is the result of our hard work  Cheesy
Yes, it is all the result of our work. Just leave it in the wallet, maybe one day it will be valuable. Or the OP can create a new address and use it, no need to waste time and money moving those tokens to another wallet.

landoffaucets

Activity: 1204
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 03:03:50 PM

Do not do that, holding doesn´t cost you anything and you didn´t know which coin will come to a life and make you rich.  Wink While sending them cost you your Ethers, so at the end you will be in a loss.
Vohoanghiep

Activity: 301
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 04:31:53 PM

That's not possible, instead, what you'll have to do is create another wallet address, send the token you want not to see in your main wallet to the new address by doing, you just see the tokens you want in your main wallet. I think the better solution is to use a safer new address for your ETH and leave the invalid ERC20 tokens in the old address. That way, you only move your money once.
someone703

Activity: 943
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 04:36:42 PM

Do not do that, holding doesn´t cost you anything and you didn´t know which coin will come to a life and make you rich.  Wink While sending them cost you your Ethers, so at the end you will be in a loss.
Most worthless tokens will never become valuable in the future. I have more than 300 types of tokens like that in my wallet, but no project has really revived in the past 3 years and made me profitable. And put it in your wallet as a souvenir

nicecrypto

Activity: 1260
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2020, 05:02:07 PM

I also have some useless tokens I got from my campaigns that I never thought of removing from my wallet,  but after seeing this topic, I think I should also delete those useless tokens from wallet as well, I think the best way is creating a separate wallet and send those useless tokens over there, more like burning them.
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1162
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2020, 06:00:46 PM

We can not simply delete tokens from our wallet. Some wallets provides the feature of hiding desired coins. Sending unwanted coins to unknown address will incur gas fees which is unnecessary cost-effective.

petyang12

Activity: 352
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 06:04:30 PM

Nope, you can't delete useless token in your wallet as it is only used to store the tokens but instead of deleting it like what you wanted then you can only send it to another wallet address to make your wallet free from useless tokens.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▄     T F S     ▄▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Move Your Game To The Next Level
[    TG GROUP    ]  [  TG CHANNEL  ]  [     TWITTER     ]  [     MEDIUM     ]
maartenhaha

Activity: 1456
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2020, 06:44:12 PM

We can not simply delete tokens from our wallet. Some wallets provides the feature of hiding desired coins. Sending unwanted coins to unknown address will incur gas fees which is unnecessary cost-effective.
It's a right choice, discarding coins will use up gas fees and maybe you will repeatedly make transactions just to throw away useless coins, the solution is to hide filtered coins will display decent coins.

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐
███████████████████████████

█████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

██████████████████████████
●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
Hidden Heart

Activity: 257
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 04, 2020, 01:49:14 AM

You cannnot Delete any Token from Myetherwallet, not have any Option for delete any Useless or Valueless token. But You can send your Valueless token a Different myetherwallet address. You can Create a New Myetherwallet and send your All useless token.     
aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 564

View Profile
June 04, 2020, 01:54:59 AM

You cannnot Delete any Token from Myetherwallet, not have any Option for delete any Useless or Valueless token. But You can send your Valueless token a Different myetherwallet address. You can Create a New Myetherwallet and send your All useless token.     

This is the option OP has but some useless tokens get value over time if you are checking the explorer or following it on exchange sometimes it is getting pump I have my experience with this useless tokens when some of these get pumped, in one token I trade it with $100 of Eth so don't lose hope.

JaoBadjap

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2020, 02:47:12 AM

You can send it out to a random address, but it would take some hash and actually pay for it.
its better to live it there and just don't bother to pay attention to it.
I also have some of worthless tokens, but I leaver it be.
and besides a wallet with a lot of token is a bit of catchy in the eye
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: