Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:14:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRS] Groestlcoin | 1st to activate Segwit & Taproot  (Read 557985 times)
Xdragon

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:28:16 PM

Anyone else not getting hourly payments from dwarfpool? What does this mean anyway, if they're confirmed why they're not in my balance?
Confirmed, but still not on the balance 368.2352 GRS
yeah, something is wrong. last payout was 3.5 hours ago

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Calhil

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:30:27 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 07:03:59 PM by Calhil

6% coin reward decrease per week seems like a lot. Is this another instamined coin?

Edit: yup, its an instamined coin. 20% of all the coins are going to be mined in the 1st month, and more than 50% until the end of summer. http://coinia.net/groestlcoin/reward.html

BLC & SKC node: addnode=192.3.171.213
BLC: BcaLHiLk74XXSZdebHQY8b3CaoEBLaPtoV
Xdragon

Activity: 543

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:10:50 PM

6% coin reward decrease per week seems like a lot. Is this another instamined coin?

Edit: yup, its an instamined coin. 20% of all the coins are going to be mined in the 1st month, and more than 50% until the end of summer. http://coinia.net/groestlcoin/reward.html
++1
Thanks for pointing out. I just spent half a day mining this shitcoin.
Chainger

Activity: 554

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:11:33 PM

vote! Help the coin! https://comkort.com/vote#GRS
Turpomann

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:30:18 PM

Anyone else not getting hourly payments from dwarfpool? What does this mean anyway, if they're confirmed why they're not in my balance?
Confirmed, but still not on the balance 368.2352 GRS
yeah, something is wrong. last payout was 3.5 hours ago
Nothing is wrong here. it's always like that in dwarfpool. Sometimes payments are behind like 6 hours. Don't worry, they will pay in few hours.

I apologize my rally english. | (COMM) CVHe5HzG61dq7yULUKss9xzYzWzJnenFBN
verdun2003

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 08:06:36 PM

++1

You just proved you need to check what "instamining" means. Give it time, its low consumption algo makes it a good coin when ASIC and summer comes.

kaene

Activity: 784
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 08:11:25 PM

++1

Nothing wrong about mining 50% of the coin within half a year, it's fair and suits investors, if you don't mine today you will regret tomorrow, it's the way to coin is designed, just check PTS (to be fully mined I believe in 1 year and 5% reduction every week) or MMC (fully mined in 2 years, 5% reduction every week). This is not instamined, the launch was fair with DGW from the beginning.

jorneyflair

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 08:32:45 PM

Grin halves?
Belogvardeec
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:10:09 PM

https://comkort.com/vote#GRS  Vote friends!

"Bыcшaя дoбpoдeтeль в тyндpe тepпeниe и ocтopoжнocть. Bыcшaя дypocть лeзть нaпpoлoм. Oгибaй, выжидaй, тepпи."
Aктyaльнo и для тpeйдингa.
agran

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:52:52 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 10:40:34 PM by agran

We need 3000 votes or sixth position.
Already 981 votes!

p.s. Do not forget that a registered user can vote three times an hour.

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QTz6fSV2VNc2wjwwsw57kwQzgQhmGw5idQ
Calhil

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:09:36 PM

++1

Nothing wrong about mining 50% of the coin within half a year, it's fair and suits investors, if you don't mine today you will regret tomorrow, it's the way to coin is designed, just check PTS (to be fully mined I believe in 1 year and 5% reduction every week) or MMC (fully mined in 2 years, 5% reduction every week). This is not instamined, the launch was fair with DGW from the beginning.
It just leaves the majority of the coins in the hands of a few early miners. I dont see it succeed in any possible way. Im not saying im not going to mine it. There will probably be a few rallies when dumping your coins is profitable.
To me its another pump and dump coin but with a different algorithm.

BLC & SKC node: addnode=192.3.171.213
BLC: BcaLHiLk74XXSZdebHQY8b3CaoEBLaPtoV
srcxxx

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 11:12:52 PM

Hi Everybody!

I'm a senior software architect at a large company (not related to crypto or www) and crypto currencies is my hobby since December 2013 (I've been through LTC, Doge, multipool and Myriad mining). I'd like to share my thoughts regarding Groestlcoin purely as a miner and investor...

First, respect to developers for creating this coin. I really like the total amount of coins, the 6% reward decrease, it's CPU friendliness and much less heat/noise from my 4x r9 290 while mining GRS.
But there are some things which I think could be improved.

There are some many different coins nowadays and it is hard for a good coin to stand above the rest. Coin value is only decided by the price other people are willing to pay for it. If nobody knows about a coin, then its value can't be large.

My biggest concern is that GRS lacks publicity. Just google for groestlcoin and you'll only find a few links.
There is no Twitter and no developer communication...

Please also see my recommendations (in no particular order)

* It is not stressed anywhere that mining this coin on GPU consumes a lot less electricity and makes GPUs quieter and cooler. And that it is still CPU mining friendly (CPU is only a few tens of times slower than GPU). No recommended cgminer settings for hardware, etc.
* The fast coin reward decrease should be also stressed to attract more mining and investors (mine/buy while there are many coins). This will get the GRS market going.
* Website design is amature. Compare with http://www.darkcoin.io/ for example.
* Who are developers? What are their plans? What is their contact address? What is the planned coin future?
* Coin explorers don't report the coin amount properly. For example, it is off by about 30% for my account. Presumably, it is because they don't account for mined coins.
* We need articles about GRS. Raise awareness about the coin.
* Set up twitter and paste it in main groestlcoin.com page
* Possibly set up trello.com account and post improvement ideas there, assign work, track progress, vote on features. Fundraise for some features.

I'd be willing to help with what I can (can set up and organize trello and/or set up mining hardware settings list, for example). I'd like to join the dev team and help with what I can (if this is an option, of course)

Also, I'm planning to set up another GRS mining pool on a fast server, I'll keep you posted about the progress.

PS: Please share your ideas and vote for the coin on exchanges.

Thank you
verdun2003

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:45:39 AM

++1

It just leaves the majority of the coins in the hands of a few early miners. I dont see it succeed in any possible way. Im not saying im not going to mine it. There will probably be a few rallies when dumping your coins is profitable.
To me its another pump and dump coin but with a different algorithm.

I invite you to look at the bitcoin or litecoin, or any other coin distribution, you'll see that very few own the majority of them - this issue is not specific to groestlcoin. What is more, that coin had KGW implemented early on, which means it was not instamined as many coins were, due to long intervals in difficulty adjustment. Groestl is promising as it's under the radar now, you better put your miners on or may regret it later on.

danghaonam

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:59:34 AM

This coin is coolest all over the world , lowest energy , but just some information about GRS
Let's PR GRS in whatever you can , whoever you know , whichever you do
Just do it
c-cex
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 06:14:11 AM

Added for voting at c-cex.com exchange: https://c-cex.com/?id=vote

CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com
azhago

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 09:48:33 AM

Hi Everybody!

I'm a senior software architect at a large company (not related to crypto or www) and crypto currencies is my hobby since December 2013 (I've been through LTC, Doge, multipool and Myriad mining). I'd like to share my thoughts regarding Groestlcoin purely as a miner and investor...

First, respect to developers for creating this coin. I really like the total amount of coins, the 6% reward decrease, it's CPU friendliness and much less heat/noise from my 4x r9 290 while mining GRS.

There are some many different coins nowadays and it is hard for a good coin to stand above the rest. Coin value is only decided by the price other people are willing to pay for it. If nobody knows about a coin, then its value can't be large.

My biggest concern is that GRS lacks publicity. Just google for groestlcoin and you'll only find a few links.

* It is not stressed anywhere that mining this coin on GPU consumes a lot less electricity and makes GPUs quieter and cooler. And that it is still CPU mining friendly (CPU is only a few tens of times slower than GPU). No recommended cgminer settings for hardware, etc.
* The fast coin reward decrease should be also stressed to attract more mining and investors (mine/buy while there are many coins). This will get the GRS market going.
* Who are developers? What are their plans? What is their contact address? What is the planned coin future?
* Coin explorers don't report the coin amount properly. For example, it is off by about 30% for my account. Presumably, it is because they don't account for mined coins.
* Possibly set up trello.com account and post improvement ideas there, assign work, track progress, vote on features. Fundraise for some features.

I'd be willing to help with what I can (can set up and organize trello and/or set up mining hardware settings list, for example). I'd like to join the dev team and help with what I can (if this is an option, of course)

Also, I'm planning to set up another GRS mining pool on a fast server, I'll keep you posted about the progress.

Thank you
+1000
Key feature are at least :
-different algo, multi-pool resistant and (actual) asic resistant
-energie efficient, even more than X11 : gpu run quieter and cooler, and consume much less energie than scrypt or even keccak.
-Old gpu friendly : a HD 5870 perform like a R9 280x
-CPU Friendly : gap between cpu perfs and gpu perf is much lower than with other algos

I don't know how i can help on my side, but maybe by making french translation, mining guide etc

mozurt

Activity: 286

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 09:56:00 AM

Hi Everybody!

Thank you

+1000

dev where are you?  Undecided
kvipcn

Activity: 255
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 10:01:10 AM

Hi Everybody!

Thank you

+1000

dev where are you?  Undecided

goodcoin,baddev....
Belogvardeec
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:18:58 AM

https://comkort.com/vote  Cool we are already on the 5th place! vote!

"Bыcшaя дoбpoдeтeль в тyндpe тepпeниe и ocтopoжнocть. Bыcшaя дypocть лeзть нaпpoлoм. Oгибaй, выжидaй, тepпи."
Aктyaльнo и для тpeйдингa.
savale

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 10:57:12 AM

Just to make sure: I took the sources and forked it. I am planning on applying a fork if the dev won't show up soon. :p I can do the technical part but I need some others to do PR / graphics.

https://github.com/savale/GroestlCoin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: