Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:32:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRS] Groestlcoin | 1st to activate Segwit & Taproot  (Read 557981 times)
superplus

Activity: 475
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:19:37 PM

I feel very frustrated.
in last two days, i dumped 130k GRS at 700~800 satoshi,it was hard to dig,
and now ,it is even harder,hashrate grows,block reward decrease,
where is my GRS?

Thank you for dumping (and to all dumpers)
I bought a lot, and sold at 3 times the price i bought. But i keep holding all GRS i mined myself. We are far from the optimal prices (6000 satoshi i think) where the coin can stabilize.

You dumped, and complain about the difficulty. You made a mistake. Now, Groestl begin (and it's just the begining) to attract attention. Price and difficulty will continue to grow. If you want to stay in the train, you have to continue mining and buy when it's low.

Any reason for that besides wishful thinking?

Dear Mr. Bear

I kindly refer you to earlier post,
thank you

IMO

The ultimate PoW algo (which Grøstl is) should keep a level playing field between device platforms. Miners could simultaneously mine the coin either with an android phone (arm processor), or a GPU (nvidia or amd), or an Intel x86 CPU or an ASIC and evreybody gets a fair distribution of coins relative to energy spent.

Groestlcoin is closer to this with the Grøstl algo than any other crytpo today.

It's a big deal.

Who cares about the mining algorithm?
It's the use of the coin that drives the price up.

If the coin doesn't bring anything new for ease of use or anything else ... nothing will come out just out of mining.

what was the deal about LTC then?

Ever heard of tenebrix?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=45667.0

The mining algorithm means s****. Obviously by the reasoning before litecoin should be more valuable than bitcoin.. but .. it doesn't.

i didnt say its all about the algorithm Roll Eyes but flattening GPU/CPU performance is quite a big deal
on the other hand i could say by your reasons LTC should be worthless..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:31:55 PM

People,

We're talking NVIDIA/AMD/x86 and maybe now ARM

No coin has ever been mined well on all these platforms simultaneously.
Add to that reduced ASIC advantages through the algo's resistance to parrelelization…

…and we're looking at the future of crypto mining

Additionally the Grøstl Development Team (from Denmark) may develop the algo more in future.

What we see now is only the beginning.

p.s. Don't feed the Bear(Troll)

niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:40:58 PM

i didnt say its all about the algorithm Roll Eyes but flattening GPU/CPU performance is quite a big deal

Litecoin had some advantages...attractive to people wh have "missed the start" and at that time the confirmation blocks.
Both things are worthless now but ltc has achieved some popularity and a strong community to support the coin. And , unlike it's clone it is used for buying/selling stuff.

Mining has nothing to do with usage of a coin. Normal people don't care about how the coins are created , but about their use and value.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
superplus

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:48:28 PM

Litecoin had some advantages...attractive to people wh have "missed the start" and at that time the confirmation blocks.
Both things are worthless now but ltc has achieved some popularity and a strong community to support the coin. And , unlike it's clone it is used for buying/selling stuff.

Mining has nothing to do with usage of a coin. Normal people don't care about how the coins are created , but about their use and value.

how do you determine the value of a coin?

centralization of mining due to huge pooling or asic development are quite troubles for bitcoin atm..
what kind of stuff impact the value what means "ease to use"?
fenghush

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:50:12 PM

Mining pushes transactions so it has a lot to do with the usage of a coin, if there is no incentive for mining transactions will be stuck forever, not to mention the initial coin generation. You want value from a 3 week old coin? How valuable was btc/ltc when it was 3 weeks old? Or you prefer coins to be premined and IPO'ed?

niothor

in defi we trust

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:51:31 PM

centralization of mining due to huge pooling or asic development are quite troubles for bitcoin atm..

let's admit... it's a pain the ass to get bitcoin secure them spend them
for the average internet user who googles youtube and facebook instead of typing the address ... there is the need for a new wallet new interface etc...

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
superplus

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:55:47 PM

let's admit... it's a pain the ass to get bitcoin secure them spend them
for the average internet user who googles youtube and facebook instead of typing the address ... there is the need for a new wallet new interface etc...

the average internetuser is not ready yet for shure
its a matter of time, cryptocurrencies are just at the beginning
niothor

in defi we trust

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:05:42 PM

Mining pushes transactions so it has a lot to do with the usage of a coin, if there is no incentive for mining transactions will be stuck forever, not to mention the initial coin generation. You want value from a 3 week old coin? How valuable was btc/ltc when it was 3 weeks old? Or you prefer coins to be premined and IPO'ed?

You might see my posts on every ipo coin asking for an escrow as i hate those coins from all my .. everything

It's just that i don't like how everybody is thinking about mining algorithms rather than improvements over transactions / security blockchain size etc..

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Sylon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1169

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:08:43 PM

WTF is wrong with this coin ? The price don't stop to uncrease since it has been added on mintpal... -_-
fenghush

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:12:23 PM

You might see my posts on every ipo coin asking for an escrow as i hate those coins from all my .. everything

It's just that i don't like how everybody is thinking about mining algorithms rather than improvements over transactions / security blockchain size etc..
Why don't you try giving your suggestions rather than blindly pointing out obvious problems with new coins?
I more or less agree with you, but this is not the thread to address those concerns, especially since this coin was neither massively pre-mined/instamined nor it had an IPO, nor does it use chained algos which bloat the blockchain like for example darkcoin and its clones.

niothor

in defi we trust

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:18:35 PM

Why don't you try giving your suggestions rather than blindly pointing out obvious problems with new coins?
I more or less agree with you, but this is not the thread to address those concerns, especially since this coin was neither massively pre-mined/instamined nor it had an IPO, nor does it use chained algos which bloat the blockchain like for example darkcoin and its clones.

This is my way of suggesting people to stop making copies or inventing new whale hunters kits:).

And about this , don't worry I've already posted those in the bitcoin discussion threads. Where people actually hear them.

I don't want to kill enthusiasm but this kind of innovation won't lead to anything

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
mikk2k2

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:36:41 PM

WTF is wrong with this coin ? The price don't stop to uncrease since it has been added on mintpal... -_-

As is usually the case with mintpal...

Rent My Rig: Lexie       Trust Thread: Here       Cloud Mining: Trade Ghs/BTC Here    LeaseRigs: Here
Sylon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1169

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:40:39 PM

Yeah I agree, mintpal is an exchange for dumpers -_-
But it's the same on poloniex
kingimg

Activity: 231

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:41:40 PM

6% reduces occured several blocks ago
Manwe

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:58:59 PM

Yeah I agree, mintpal is an exchange for dumpers -_-
But it's the same on poloniex
You got it, Mintpal is the new coin's tomb. Never vote for next new coin again.
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:54:48 PM

The price has stabilized now and will start creeping back up.

superplus

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:15:47 PM

why should mintpal be bad? if someone wants to dump his coins he will do it.. doesnt matter on which exchange

just because coins get dumped its not because of mintpal, its because of the coin  Roll Eyes
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:33:08 PM

A bounty to build a list of all the popular coins with power draw and temps worked out (that is what the bounty would be for, to do the tests professionally) would highlight that this is one of the best GPU miners out there.

If you are mining scrypt, probably at a bit of a loss at the moment, and you fear Scrypt ASICs coming, then building a list to show GRS is cheap to operate, you got in early, you don't need to use extra cooling during the summer and you don't need to sell your GPUs on eBay at the same time as everyone else - then GRS would be very attractive.

bump
podizzle

Activity: 535

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:23:22 PM

why should mintpal be bad? if someone wants to dump his coins he will do it.. doesnt matter on which exchange

just because coins get dumped its not because of mintpal, its because of the coin  Roll Eyes

thanks for using your brain. i never got the whole "exchanges are bad!" outlook.
iamreddy44

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:01:53 PM

It's just me or the wallet doesn't sync?
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: