Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:14:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRS] Groestlcoin | 1st to activate Segwit & Taproot  (Read 557981 times)
yvg1900

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Dev of yam miner

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:05:13 AM

New M7q version of yam miner is available. Major addition is support GroestlCoin (GRS) mining.
GroestlCoin mining with yam M7q brings major performance improvement on modern Haswell CPUs on Win64, Linux64 and MacOS X.
More docs in readme.txt included in distribution.

yam M7q available for downloads at regular locations:

https://mega.co.nz/#F!h0tkXSxZ!f62uoUXogkxQmP2xO8Ib-g
http://sdrv.ms/18wfjYX
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1xOOWa
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jvp4wwek8jpohj7/RlW6hzYqTz

Test with dual-Xeon 2687W 32 threads :
old cpu miner 64bit : ~4460KHs

Yam M7Q : I let some time to reach max perf (auto-tuning) :  5800~5820KH/s

Big improvement, nice job !

Thanks.

I guess maintainers of groestlcoin.org shall update miner performance charts basing on those stats Smiley

Awesome work! Which of these works best for Xeon / Xeon E5 on linux? thx

Look up microarchitecture for your cpu model at cpu world. Builds named after microarchitectures and follow gcccpu feature set naming (march and mtune).

the only miner i seem to be able to get working on AWS EC2 is linux-generic

I try sandy-bridge with C1 and ivy-bridge with C3 setups on Ec2 and always get:
Illegal instruction (core dumped)

are there other dependencies i need to get this working? what am i missing? thanks:)

AWS EC2 uses XEN, and it has a widely known bug in AVX virtualization.

Try Nehalem build.

Follow @yvg1900 on Twitter for yam miner updates

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yvg1900

Dev of yam miner

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:08:05 AM

New M7q version of yam miner is available. Major addition is support GroestlCoin (GRS) mining.
GroestlCoin mining with yam M7q brings major performance improvement on modern Haswell CPUs on Win64, Linux64 and MacOS X.

Yam M7Q : I let some time to reach max perf (auto-tuning) :  5800~5820KH/s

Thanks.

I guess maintainers of groestlcoin.org shall update miner performance charts basing on those stats Smiley

Look up microarchitecture for your cpu model at cpu world. Builds named after microarchitectures and follow gcccpu feature set naming (march and mtune).

are there other dependencies i need to get this working? what am i missing? thanks:)
Waiting for srcxxx to confirm if this gets the BOUNTY

could u pls recompile the mac versions. they give "Illegal instruction: 4" errors
heres the fix
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14268887/what-is-the-illegal-instruction-4-error-and-why-does-mmacosx-version-min-10

I am perfectly aware of these situations, so I will explain in few more details:

1. Illegal Instruction. Problem is that older OSes do not set up CPUs to operate new instruction sets, such as AES-NI and AVX2, properly. Most performance critical portions of yam manually coded in assembly, so I use instructions of my choice, and recompiling will not help. Specifying macosx-version-min simply disables some parts of instruction sets, but assembly code will not be affected, so issue will definitely persist.

What you can do is a) try to run generic build; b) check if your CPU supports needed instruction sets (some more details on this are also in readme.txt).

In fact, this is NOT MacOS X specific issue, it is also known to be in: Windows 7 without SP1 (does not run Haswell builds because of no AVX2 support prior to SP1); AVX misdetection in XEN virtualization environment and bug in Linux kernel

2. Abort trap: 6

This is also known issue, documented in "known issues" in readme.txt

It will occur, for example, if you misspell parameter name. I am looking for proper ways to resolve this already for a long time. It has to do with gcc-specific exception handling, boost libraries and symbol visibility settings. Still no clean solution, because of factoring out exceptions completely is unrealistic.

child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:14:35 PM

Yam M7Q : I let some time to reach max perf (auto-tuning) :  5800~5820KH/s

Thanks.

Waiting for srcxxx to confirm if this gets the BOUNTY

could u pls recompile the mac versions. they give "Illegal instruction: 4" errors
heres the fix
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14268887/what-is-the-illegal-instruction-4-error-and-why-does-mmacosx-version-min-10

I am perfectly aware of these situations, so I will explain in few more details:

1. Illegal Instruction. Problem is that older OSes do not set up CPUs to operate new instruction sets, such as AES-NI and AVX2, properly. Most performance critical portions of yam manually coded in assembly, so I use instructions of my choice, and recompiling will not help. Specifying macosx-version-min simply disables some parts of instruction sets, but assembly code will not be affected, so issue will definitely persist.

What you can do is a) try to run generic build; b) check if your CPU supports needed instruction sets (some more details on this are also in readme.txt).

In fact, this is NOT MacOS X specific issue, it is also known to be in: Windows 7 without SP1 (does not run Haswell builds because of no AVX2 support prior to SP1); AVX misdetection in XEN virtualization environment and bug in Linux kernel

2. Abort trap: 6

This is also known issue, documented in "known issues" in readme.txt

It will occur, for example, if you misspell parameter name. I am looking for proper ways to resolve this already for a long time. It has to do with gcc-specific exception handling, boost libraries and symbol visibility settings. Still no clean solution, because of factoring out exceptions completely is unrealistic.

I can confirm I have been stupid Smiley I messed up the configs and finally saw my mistake.

Everything on linux works beautifully.

Ivy-bridge on EC2 HVM c3 systems getting at least ~330Kh/s per core.
Does this sound about right?

On a Mac Mini Core 2 I'm getting ~240kH/s per core
The "Abort trap: 6" error was again my misconfig!

However the one issue that is real is the "Illegal instruction: 4" error on OSX systems running 10.7x and before. the link I posted above will show I hope how to recompile for OSX versions prior to 10.8. The Mac mini is running 10.8.2 by my other macs running 10.7x cant handle it. Could u try fixing it please? Thanks

The 33% BOUNTY is my offering. I believe you got it yvg1900!!! Cheesy
Was waiting for srcxxx to confirm but Ill settle for a couple forum members chiming in with their +33% results and Ill send you the BOUNTY.

So… CONFIRMATIONS PLEASE SO I CAN AWARD THE BOUNTY! THX

I will put up my EC2 mining guide for noobs in a few hours.

P>S> Does this make GRS best mining option for Mac OSX users?Huh

AizenSou

Activity: 938

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 10:41:18 PM

This coin is up and down, but as long as a whale miner with 1400Mhs still mining in dwarfpool, I will mine this coin too  Grin
nVidia will soon steal the crown of mining from AMD in this coin.
LTCMAXMYR

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

DMD,XZC

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 10:57:09 PM

This coin is up and down, but as long as a whale miner with 1400Mhs still mining in dwarfpool, I will mine this coin too  Grin
Tongue i don't think nVidia is better,that 1200Mh is my rig, all  AMD

Never buy any ICO altcoin.
Never buy any ASIC altcoin.
AizenSou

Activity: 938

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:21:01 PM

So you have around 170 GPUs? 280x? That's nice. But soon one 750Ti could get 8Mhs like your 280x, what would you say then?
LTCMAXMYR

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

DMD,XZC

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:54:26 PM

So you have around 170 GPUs? 280x? That's nice. But soon one 750Ti could get 8Mhs like your 280x, what would you say then?
emmmm,the block reward is decreasing 6% every week
if 750Ti is better,just show your muscle in dwarfpool,don't be late

Never buy any ICO altcoin.
Never buy any ASIC altcoin.
nomad1109

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Medichain: The Medical Big-Data Platform

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:15:36 AM

Why does it always have to be a contest about who's brand is better?

I have Nvidia cards, but I could care less about what cards others are mining with.

If someone thinks it is a good thing to mine a coin I am doing as well then I think it helps the coin overall to have people interested.

I welcome the 1200MH with open arms and hope he stays a few weeks Smiley

It's like people think they are going to go swap out thousands of dollars in GPUs because of some fluctuations in the market....

nomad1109

Activity: 238

Medichain: The Medical Big-Data Platform

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:19:58 AM

I am new to mining (only about a month in...), can you share any details of what kind of setup produces that kind of hashing power?

a garage full of GPUs at 6x per rig? Or is this some kind of larger setup?

Full time job? or just a really expensive side hobby?

Still trying to wrap my head around some of the things I see.

Thanks for any insight.

SimkoMiner

Activity: 925

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:58:19 AM

Guys do you realize that this coin is going dumped to 1 SAT? What's the plan for reversing this downtrend? Seems like it will have the same faith as HeavyCoin.
tygarbyte

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

4mnth old Miner :-)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 09:54:59 AM

Guys do you realize that this coin is going dumped to 1 SAT? What's the plan for reversing this downtrend? Seems like it will have the same faith as HeavyCoin.

airdrop of course, but we need a GRS chinese marketing/awareness campaign.

I mine therefor I am Smiley - WIN : WcLLYcZfHQAMMVwiaAtMECZQh1YfCPw88g
child_harold

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:19:27 AM

the price is down 24hours valume is 4btc

Some people are quietly buying up lots of GRS.
The top 10 richest are getting richer and not dumping.

The market serves to challenge coin loyalty. I'm unflinching.

tygarbyte

Activity: 300

4mnth old Miner :-)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:05:27 AM

the price is down 24hours valume is 4btc

I can mine more coins now then i did 2 wks ago near launch. so miners going elsewhere for profit$

I mine therefor I am Smiley - WIN : WcLLYcZfHQAMMVwiaAtMECZQh1YfCPw88g
srcxxx

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 11:31:05 AM

Hi all!

I'm the dev of GroestlCoin and I thought I need to share some of my thoughts on this.
(I apologise in advance for a lengthy and non-structured email, it's getting quite late here in New Zealand)

First of all, I always wanted GRS to be a community coin. So please, if you have any recommendations or suggestions, share them.
Do you think that we need to add some feature to the coin or do you feel that some important aspect is not represented (like no dice games in GRS or no Android wallet, whatever) - just post this in the thread.

I got the place of GRS dev about two weeks ago from gruve_p, who had to step down. I identified these areas that required immediate improvement: website design, broken list of nodes in the wallet ("block chain source not found" error), OpenSSL HeartBleed vulnerability and lack of presence on major exchanges.

All of these problems have been remedied. We also got Twitter.

Once we hit the major exchanges like MintPal and Poloniex and the price rose from 350 sat to about 1500 sat, lots of people started dumping GRS thus making the price drop.
Why did they start dumping it? I think I know why, because I did the same quite often (I started as a miner and still have 4x R9 290 and a few AntMiners running).
A good strategy for a miner is to mine a coin when it is at low difficulty and is not being actively exchanged in large volumes. Once it hits the exchange and raises in value, that's when they dump it.
Regardless of a coin. Because miners don't need some altcoin, they need BTC or USD to pay for the hardware investment.
It is not profitable to mine GRS anymore and even I myself have pointed my videocards to mine WhiteCoin/AsiaCoin.
I'm doing this to get BTC and buy GRS while it is rather low in price.

I'll be honest with you, I don't have a million of GRS or even close. I have about 120K. And I keep buying more GRS every day.

I think our coin needs PR. It has everything else. And PR costs money. For example, a paid article in a blog is about 0.5 BTC.
Who will pay it? So far I got less than 10,000 GRS in donations.

I can of course pay it myself. And I will do that if necessary, but not now.
I'll just keep buying GRS for now. If the price keeps decreasing, I'll just be buying more.

Do not forget about 6% reward bonus decrease. It's good to be buying GRS now and for a few more months, it'll be trickier later.

Also, I believe once these huge Scrypt mining beasts (Like the 300MHS KNC Miner Titan) hit the scene, lots of GPU miners will turn to other algorithms. nScrypt, X11, Groestl, etc. So we will get more hashrate as well (which will lower reward even more).

There are some great coins with interesting features. HeavyCoin has interesting algorithm and voting, MyriadCoin has 5 different mining algorithms, etc. But they still decrease in price. While some other scrypt copycats without any innovations (just batch rename of "coinName1" into "coinName2" in the code) gain value. I think this is all just PR and pump/dump.

I'd like you to seriously think about moving from POW to POS/POW in a few months from now (or perhaps half a year). There are serious advantages in this approach and I believe it will increase the GRS price for investors simnifically. Please let's discuss this or any other ideas on GRS future.

I got lots of help in coin promotion from BB and child_harold and we exchange a few PMs daily. Again, if you can help in feature development, PR or by just donating GRS - please do. You are always welcome and thanks in advance.

In the meantime, I wanted to let you know that GRS paper wallet is almost ready. So you'll be able to print out GRS wallets on real paper and perhaps leave it for half a year. Then you'll just import the paper wallet and use your GRS coins which will cost a lot more (at least that's the plan).

Thank you!
srcxxx
verdun2003

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:38:09 AM

Hi all!

I'm the dev of GroestlCoin and I thought I need to share some of my thoughts on this.
(I apologise in advance for a lengthy and non-structured email, it's getting quite late here in New Zealand)

First of all, I always wanted GRS to be a community coin. So please, if you have any recommendations or suggestions, share them.
Do you think that we need to add some feature to the coin or do you feel that some important aspect is not represented (like no dice games in GRS or no Android wallet, whatever) - just post this in the thread.

I got the place of GRS dev about two weeks ago from gruve_p, who had to step down. I identified these areas that required immediate improvement: website design, broken list of nodes in the wallet ("block chain source not found" error), OpenSSL HeartBleed vulnerability and lack of presence on major exchanges.

All of these problems have been remedied. We also got Twitter.

Once we hit the major exchanges like MintPal and Poloniex and the price rose from 350 sat to about 1500 sat, lots of people started dumping GRS thus making the price drop.
Why did they start dumping it? I think I know why, because I did the same quite often (I started as a miner and still have 4x R9 290 and a few AntMiners running).
A good strategy for a miner is to mine a coin when it is at low difficulty and is not being actively exchanged in large volumes. Once it hits the exchange and raises in value, that's when they dump it.
Regardless of a coin. Because miners don't need some altcoin, they need BTC or USD to pay for the hardware investment.
It is not profitable to mine GRS anymore and even I myself have pointed my videocards to mine WhiteCoin/AsiaCoin.
I'm doing this to get BTC and buy GRS while it is rather low in price.

I'll be honest with you, I don't have a million of GRS or even close. I have about 120K. And I keep buying more GRS every day.

I think our coin needs PR. It has everything else. And PR costs money. For example, a paid article in a blog is about 0.5 BTC.
Who will pay it? So far I got less than 10,000 GRS in donations.

I can of course pay it myself. And I will do that if necessary, but not now.
I'll just keep buying GRS for now. If the price keeps decreasing, I'll just be buying more.

Do not forget about 6% reward bonus decrease. It's good to be buying GRS now and for a few more months, it'll be trickier later.

Also, I believe once these huge Scrypt mining beasts (Like the 300MHS KNC Miner Titan) hit the scene, lots of GPU miners will turn to other algorithms. nScrypt, X11, Groestl, etc. So we will get more hashrate as well (which will lower reward even more).

There are some great coins with interesting features. HeavyCoin has interesting algorithm and voting, MyriadCoin has 5 different mining algorithms, etc. But they still decrease in price. While some other scrypt copycats without any innovations (just batch rename of "coinName1" into "coinName2" in the code) gain value. I think this is all just PR and pump/dump.

I'd like you to seriously think about moving from POW to POS/POW in a few months from now (or perhaps half a year). There are serious advantages in this approach and I believe it will increase the GRS price for investors simnifically. Please let's discuss this or any other ideas on GRS future.

I got lots of help in coin promotion from BB and child_harold and we exchange a few PMs daily. Again, if you can help in feature development, PR or by just donating GRS - please do. You are always welcome and thanks in advance.

In the meantime, I wanted to let you know that GRS paper wallet is almost ready. So you'll be able to print out GRS wallets on real paper and perhaps leave it for half a year. Then you'll just import the paper wallet and use your GRS coins which will cost a lot more (at least that's the plan).

Thank you!
srcxxx

Thanks for the update dev. Regarding the POS plan, I'm not convinced it's the best way to go - the main feature of Groestl is its algorithm so I believe we should stick to POW. If we go for POS, then it should be minimal as to not surpass coin creation per mining.

Coinmin

Activity: 483

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:54:08 AM

ccminer with fugue is not compatible with groestl Huh
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 11:57:58 AM

ccminer with fugue is not compatible with groestl Huh
Grin Grin
there's a small 5 lines readme file  Roll Eyes

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
thisisit

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:59:29 AM

ah thanks for that info.

any coin that makes me a profit.
yvg1900

Dev of yam miner

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 12:48:53 PM

However the one issue that is real is the "Illegal instruction: 4" error on OSX systems running 10.7x and before. the link I posted above will show I hope how to recompile for OSX versions prior to 10.8. The Mac mini is running 10.8.2 by my other macs running 10.7x cant handle it. Could u try fixing it please? Thanks[/i]

Can you check if you are definitely running 64-bit kernel on your Mac?

Open "About This Mac"/"Software" and look for "64-bit Kernel and Extensions" under "System Software Overview"

or use

uname -a

from terminal.

If you are running 32-bit kernel, it will not be possible to use yam with it - yam is 64-bit executable, and there is no plan for now to revert to 32-bit because of much lower performance.

child_harold

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:53:55 PM

However the one issue that is real is the "Illegal instruction: 4" error on OSX systems running 10.7x and before. the link I posted above will show I hope how to recompile for OSX versions prior to 10.8. The Mac mini is running 10.8.2 by my other macs running 10.7x cant handle it. Could u try fixing it please? Thanks[/i]

Can you check if you are definitely running 64-bit kernel on your Mac?

Open "About This Mac"/"Software" and look for "64-bit Kernel and Extensions" under "System Software Overview"

or use

uname -a

from terminal.

If you are running 32-bit kernel, it will not be possible to use yam with it - yam is 64-bit executable, and there is no plan for now to revert to 32-bit because of much lower performance.

Terminal output:
A-2:~ user$ uname -a
Darwin A-2.local 11.4.2 Darwin Kernel Version 11.4.2: Thu Aug 23 16:25:48 PDT 2012; root:xnu-1699.32.7~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

Hardware Overview:

Model Name:   MacBook Air
  Model Identifier:   MacBookAir3,1
  Processor Name:   Intel Core 2 Duo
  Processor Speed:   1.4 GHz
  Number of Processors:   1
  Total Number of Cores:   2
  L2 Cache:   3 MB

Software  Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63b)

Def 64-bit kernel and issuing error:

A-2:macos64-core2 user$ ./yam -c yam-grs.cfg
Illegal instruction: 4

Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: