Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:11:54 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Placeholder

Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Donated $2k+ To Charity] Clean Water Coin: A Crypto Charity (Pure PoS)  (Read 195666 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
EfromNYC

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:41:25 PM

Thoughts and help needed. 

A couple of nights ago I made a test transfer from wallet to Bittrex which completed fine.  Then a short time later transfered a larger amount to Bittrex and it has not cleared.

Wallet on PC still shows 0/4 confirms on 2nd transaction.

I sent Zach a message and no reply yet.
And I have sent a message here to CleanWaterCoin.

I can share transaction info when someone has time.  Or is there a know issue with transfers at this time?  Thanks in advance,,,   e
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 01:18:53 AM

Thanks David, I really appreciate your help Smiley

Unfortunately, doabitofgood.com seems to be down.  I've tried it a couple of times now (both the link and home) and it still seems to be down.  Just wondering if I'm missing something or if you have any info.

Many thanks again for your help.

It's definitely up.  Likely a CloudFlare issue.  Can you tell me what IP address you're coming from?

-David

Sure, it's 192.168.1.87.  Thanks.

That's an off-net address  Tongue

Can you do a tracert or traceroute to "direct.doabitofgood.com" ?

It's Better 2GIVE
https://2Give.Info
YouIsPeng

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:59:30 AM

Zach - where have you gone?? Now that everything works why has it all gone quiet here?

It seems such a shame to let this coin quietly die after all the effort that went into getting the wallet working properly. Interest has dwindled to virtually nothing on Bittrex and the buy book currently has less than 0.4BTC worth of orders in it.

Are you working on any plans for marketing/promotion to raise awareness and get some interest back? If so, please share them and let us know if we can do anything to help?

The official website is severely lacking at the moment and needs some serious editing. Just a few point off the top of my head:

1) Still no link to download the wallet as far as I can see. Not everyone surfs ANN forums to get the latest wallet download.

2) Coin is still stated as being POW+POS when it is now pure POS

3) The section talking about ad space references the wallet having advertising space on it - is this feature going to be added back into the wallet soon? If not, get rid of that section on the site.

4) "Mine at Pools" section - needs to be removed.

5) "Clean Water Faucet - Coming Soon" - how soon? It has been SIX MONTHS FFS

6) "BTC to WATER exchange - Coming Soon" - see number 5.

7) "Register for our monthly newsletter" - I registered months ago and have not received a single newsletter. Have any been sent out?

WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 05:50:25 AM

Will this coin continue to be developed, or has development effectively ceased?

I suggest if the current development people/person are not capable of handling the management and maintenance of the coin, then they open up options for a new development team to take over. Is this a possibility?

If no one is going to man the ship, then eventually it will sink. It's already taken on a lot of water as is.

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
MeadowView

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:06:32 PM

Thanks David, I really appreciate your help Smiley

Unfortunately, doabitofgood.com seems to be down.  I've tried it a couple of times now (both the link and home) and it still seems to be down.  Just wondering if I'm missing something or if you have any info.

Many thanks again for your help.

It's definitely up.  Likely a CloudFlare issue.  Can you tell me what IP address you're coming from?

-David

Sure, it's 192.168.1.87.  Thanks.

That's an off-net address  Tongue

Can you do a tracert or traceroute to "direct.doabitofgood.com" ?

Ah, ok.  tbh, I'm not sure what an "off-net" address is or what implication it has.  I've figured how to do a traceroute.  Am I ok to post the results here - I'm not sure what they mean.  Apologies for shamefully naive response  Grin
YouIsPeng

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:40:41 PM

Don't worry MeadowView - doabitofgood.com IS offline. If you wait a while, CloudFlare may load a saved 'snapshot' of the site if you're lucky. But the website is definitely offline at the moment.

The 192.168.1.87 address you quoted looks like your computer's IP address for your local network, the one you have in your home between your router and all the gizmos that connect to it like your TV, laptop, phone etc - this allows your router to differentiate between it and other devices that are directly connected together within your private network. Your router's IP address is usually 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 depending on the make of your router. I suspect your router is on 192.168.1.1 - If you type this into your web browser you should get into your router's settings and options page.

You can find out what your public IP address is - which identifies your computer to the rest of the internet, by simply asking Google - just type "What is my IP address?" into the search bar.

MeadowView

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:05:44 AM

Don't worry MeadowView - doabitofgood.com IS offline. If you wait a while, CloudFlare may load a saved 'snapshot' of the site if you're lucky. But the website is definitely offline at the moment.

The 192.168.1.87 address you quoted looks like your computer's IP address for your local network, the one you have in your home between your router and all the gizmos that connect to it like your TV, laptop, phone etc - this allows your router to differentiate between it and other devices that are directly connected together within your private network. Your router's IP address is usually 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 depending on the make of your router. I suspect your router is on 192.168.1.1 - If you type this into your web browser you should get into your router's settings and options page.

You can find out what your public IP address is - which identifies your computer to the rest of the internet, by simply asking Google - just type "What is my IP address?" into the search bar.

Thank You YouIsPeng, very helpful indeed, that has clear things up for me.  I guess I'll just wait for doabitofgood.com to come back online.  Just trying to get hold of a Mac wallet.

I really do hope this coin gets the success it deserves.

Thanks again  Cheesy
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 12:40:40 PM

Actually I'm pretty sure its a firewall issue -- the hosting provider has a pretty aggressive filter for attacks.  If you can post or PM me your IP I can submit a ticket.

I can post the wallet to dropbox in the meantime!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/713nw2ynk4cqt61/CleanWaterCoin.dmg.zip?dl=0

It's Better 2GIVE
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 12:49:59 PM

Ah, ok.  tbh, I'm not sure what an "off-net" address is or what implication it has.  I've figured how to do a traceroute.  Am I ok to post the results here - I'm not sure what they mean.  Apologies for shamefully naive response  Grin

You can Private Message me with the results of your traceroute if you want.  I'm certain its a firewall issue as the provider we have tends to drop packets from big ranges of the world due to cyber attacks.  I can submit a ticket!

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
endchat

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:17:45 PM

CWC has taken a massive dump in price on bittrex...

damn...
Tina1736

Activity: 395

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:57:53 PM

Gibt es einen Pool wo noch geht?
WALKEN-COIN

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 10:20:34 PM

CWC has taken a massive dump in price on bittrex...

damn...

Yes, as with other coins I have seen the same thing happen to, the price is reflecting the poor efforts of the coin's development "team".

Considering the developer has dodged direct questions regarding plans for the coin for months now, we can all safely assume the project has been effectively abandoned. Obviously, people are feeling the same way and acting accordingly on Bittrex.

If a company met their shareholder's warranted questions with silence, would anybody be surprised when the shareholder's dumped?

It is well past time for new developers who give a shit, or have the time to give a shit. There are plenty of people out there who would do a better job of up-keeping and promoting this coin. At this point, a monkey with a sign on it's back could do a better job of promotion. This is pretty much inexcusable, considering the coin developer supposedly works for a MARKETING FIRM.

One thing that bothers me is why anyone would spend MONTHS slowly attempting to fix coding issues, only to just walk away when it seems coding issues may finally be fixed. Why even bother fixing the wallet if you are just going to walk away from the project afterwards?

The potential for this coin was so high, which is why its slow death has been so sad and frustrating to watch. I hope it one day finds the sun again, though "hope" is just about all this coin has supporting it right now.

Posts like this come from months of frustration of watching your investment go to shit and getting the run around from the investment developers all along the way. Lots of "next week", or "when he gets back" stuff. If ANY substantial effort was made to further promote and expand the coin, you would soon see the cheer-leading posts start to replace the sad/frustrated/angry posts.

That being said, I have been impressed by Doabiitofgood's stepping up to include a floundering coin in their efforts. I only wish the actual development team for CWC was as dedicated!

Good luck to all fellow bagholders. Apparently, we're gonna need it.

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 03:26:03 AM

That being said, I have been impressed by Doabiitofgood's stepping up to include a floundering coin in their efforts. I only wish the actual development team for CWC was as dedicated!

Hey thanks for the shout-out WALKEN-COIN -- please do not take the following as a personal attack -- I'm speaking generically...

I can't and of course will not speak for mindfox -- but I will say that I'm pretty impressed with the essentially SOLO effort he put in basically changing the tires on a moving car -- wow and bravo!

NFI what keeps him busy as a day job -- because he sure as hell isn't getting paid off of CWC work.

I know Zach has a fulltime gig as well -- but at least he has a legitimate non-profit going in California so that's something.

"Internet Time" is compressed -- "blockchain time" even more so.  Most people cannot contextualize the effort that goes into development of any idea -- and how long it takes.  We're so used to instant gratification that we lose perspective of the concurrence of events that facilitate it.  The sad thing is that most new inventions take about 20 years for widespread adoption.  Look it up if you don't believe me...

I'm frequently amused and sometimes stunned by the sheer lack of basic market mechanics by people here on BCT -- its as if they do not understand how exchange works?  For every buyer there has to be a seller -- the converse is definitely not true.  Not ever seller has a buyer.  Think about that.  I see the same naiive sentiment played across just about every coinbase -- people think there is a ready market to absorb their coins at some inflated profit opportunity.

If people were REALLY engaged in their coinbase they would be doing everything in their power to get their family and friends to download the wallets and send them some coins to get them engaged in the economy.  They would be trolling through Facebook boards for all pro-social water related pages (like Clean Water Action for example) -- extolling the virtues of CWC.

Instead what I see time and time again are bitter bagholders coming online to berate via "what have you done for me lately" posts demanding that the value of their investment magically arise.

Until we expand the economies and out the bad actors -- all crypto will be relegated to penny-stock (aka pink-sheet) status

IMHO

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
MeadowView

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 11:11:05 PM

Hey thanks for the shout-out WALKEN-COIN -- please do not take the following as a personal attack -- I'm speaking generically...

I can't and of course will not speak for mindfox -- but I will say that I'm pretty impressed with the essentially SOLO effort he put in basically changing the tires on a moving car -- wow and bravo!

NFI what keeps him busy as a day job -- because he sure as hell isn't getting paid off of CWC work.

I know Zach has a fulltime gig as well -- but at least he has a legitimate non-profit going in California so that's something.

"Internet Time" is compressed -- "blockchain time" even more so.  Most people cannot contextualize the effort that goes into development of any idea -- and how long it takes.  We're so used to instant gratification that we lose perspective of the concurrence of events that facilitate it.  The sad thing is that most new inventions take about 20 years for widespread adoption.  Look it up if you don't believe me...

I'm frequently amused and sometimes stunned by the sheer lack of basic market mechanics by people here on BCT -- its as if they do not understand how exchange works?  For every buyer there has to be a seller -- the converse is definitely not true.  Not ever seller has a buyer.  Think about that.  I see the same naiive sentiment played across just about every coinbase -- people think there is a ready market to absorb their coins at some inflated profit opportunity.

If people were REALLY engaged in their coinbase they would be doing everything in their power to get their family and friends to download the wallets and send them some coins to get them engaged in the economy.  They would be trolling through Facebook boards for all pro-social water related pages (like Clean Water Action for example) -- extolling the virtues of CWC.

Instead what I see time and time again are bitter bagholders coming online to berate via "what have you done for me lately" posts demanding that the value of their investment magically arise.

Until we expand the economies and out the bad actors -- all crypto will be relegated to penny-stock (aka pink-sheet) status

IMHO

-dvd

Here Here!  and I mean that with no offence, I just honestly think these are wise words.  Many thanks David for the Dropbox link, worked a treat.
irbbq

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 01:12:28 PM

Giveaway!

Tweet/Follow CleanWaterCoin @twitter and receive from 500WATER and upwards. I will make a subjective assessment on the exposure of CWC you give.

Any other kind of media exposure is equally appreciated and rewarded.

This event is capped at 500000WATER, an additional 50% of the amount achieved will go to https://doabitofgood.com/Bit4Bit

Just e-mail irbbqu@gmail.com with your CWC address and screenshot/link of your contribution.

For the sake of charity, I hope people will help out with increasing awareness of CWC and the accessibility of clean water in the World.

Thanks,

Irbbq
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 01:59:22 PM

Giveaway!

Tweet/Follow CleanWaterCoin @twitter and receive from 500WATER and upwards. I will make a subjective assessment on the exposure of CWC you give.

Any other kind of media exposure is equally appreciated and rewarded.

This event is capped at 500000WATER, an additional 50% of the amount achieved will go to https://doabitofgood.com/Bit4Bit

Just e-mail irbbqu@gmail.com with your CWC address and screenshot/link of your contribution.

For the sake of charity, I hope people will help out with increasing awareness of CWC and the accessibility of clean water in the World.

Thanks,

Irbbq

\o/

SO AWESOME!  WOW!  SUCH GENEROUS!   

(lol -- I love those Dogecoin memes)

I'll retweet your CWC love from @DoABitOfGood as well if you tag us -- and social it out on FB (we have almost 1,000 followers atm)

https://www.facebook.com/doabitofgood

It's Better 2GIVE
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 03:46:24 PM

Anyone else planning on attending the Coins in the Kingdom conference next month ??

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=695940.0

Just a couple of weeks away -- would be a great opportunity to sit down and talk about the future of CWC et al

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
EfromNYC

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:18:33 PM

Hi Zach.. it's been some time..  hope all is well..    Several day ago I sent a small amout of WATER to Bittrex with no issue.  I tried to send a larger amount after that and it's sitting in wallet with no confirmations on it's way out.   And coins have not made it to Bittrex..

here is 1st transaction: Status: 547 confirmations
Date: 9/11/2014 20:37
To: (charity) 5anJYFYW7npP4MyNaAtzTLb5ek2Lxgyb7d
Debit: -0.047 WATER
To: 5Zttz4S7owHWQWcjcwsHwNEpWPKMHZyAe8
Debit: -47.00 WATER
Transaction fee: -0.01 WATER
Net amount: -47.057 WATER
Transaction ID: 3406e8cdff02990d247e7a7173728c44f780b98ca9cc75686c02d56d7d5283d7

and here is 2nd::  Status: 0/unconfirmed
Date: 9/11/2014 21:21
Debit: -820000.00 WATER
Net amount: -819999.671247 WATER
Transaction ID: e5f3a4fab423c9ede72fa6c247a52970fe634ff33977d3b5d850f9d2be020f78

has anyone had a similar issue..   any help here is appreciated.. e
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 02:56:32 AM

Hi Zach.. it's been some time..  hope all is well..    Several day ago I sent a small amout of WATER to Bittrex with no issue.  I tried to send a larger amount after that and it's sitting in wallet with no confirmations on it's way out.   And coins have not made it to Bittrex..

here is 1st transaction: Status: 547 confirmations
Date: 9/11/2014 20:37
To: (charity) 5anJYFYW7npP4MyNaAtzTLb5ek2Lxgyb7d
Debit: -0.047 WATER
Debit: -47.00 WATER
Transaction fee: -0.01 WATER
Net amount: -47.057 WATER
Transaction ID: 3406e8cdff02990d247e7a7173728c44f780b98ca9cc75686c02d56d7d5283d7

and here is 2nd::  Status: 0/unconfirmed
Date: 9/11/2014 21:21
Debit: -820000.00 WATER
Net amount: -819999.671247 WATER
Transaction ID: e5f3a4fab423c9ede72fa6c247a52970fe634ff33977d3b5d850f9d2be020f78

has anyone had a similar issue..   any help here is appreciated.. e

I have had issues sending out of Bittrex once or twice -- that's a lot of water -- probably with a lot of inputs if you haven't done other consolidations before

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 03:01:36 AM

Whas up with this on bittrex massive selling did i miss something?
Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: